Residents evacuated from flats fire

Residents evacuated from flats fire

Residents evacuated from flats fire

First published in News

EIGHT people had to be evacuated from council block for the elderly when a third floor kitchen caught fire.

A resident, believed to be in his 60s, called out firefighters after a cooker he had left on set the kitchen ablaze in the early hours.

Neighbours in the corridor of the Neptune Court block in Gemini Close, Lordshill, Southampton, were evacuated.

The fire was tackled by crews from Rebridge station.

The kitchen was partly damaged by the fire and the window was left blacked out from smoke. No-one was reported injured or trapped.

Firefighters from St Mary's station were also called to the scene.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree