When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Serious case review executive summary - full report
12:00pm Thursday 18th October 2012 in News
A DAMNING report has criticised 13 agencies including Southampton City Council and police for failing to protect a two-year-old child who could have died after drinking methadone.
The girl was left with a drug addict and alcoholic mum in a home riddled with domestic violence despite doctors, police and care workers all knowing the circumstances, the independent inquiry found.
The report, which contains 137 recommendations, described the situation as “an accident waiting to happen”.
Below is the full report. To read it full screen, click the button in the bottom right hand corner of the window below.
- Improve or else, failing agencies warned
- Real prospect of safeguarding city's children
- Agencies must act swiftly
- Read the full report into the case
- Catalogue of failures left vulnerable child in danger