When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Gang member denies 'laying a hand' on Lewis
A GANG member has told the parents of Lewis Singleton that he "did not lay a hand" on their son.
Sercan Calik, together with three others, is accused of murdering 18-year-old Lewis by stabbing him to death on March 31 last year.
Giving evidence at the second day of his defence case at Winchester Crown Court, Calik told jurors he had "no involvement" in Lewis' death.
He said: "I did not have any part (in his killing) and, I say it to his family, I did not touch Lewis Singleton. I did not lay a finger on him.
"I did not pass the knife and I did not see anything that happened."
Calik, 19, told the jury he only briefly left his car while the fatal brawl was taking place in Obeslisk Road, Woolston.
He said he saw his co-defendant Rikki Johnson "punching" Lewis Singleton but then got back into his vehicle.
Lewis died from five stab wounds.
Calik, 19, of Burgess Road, Johnson, 19, of Honeysuckle Road, Bassett, and two youths aged 16 and 17 all deny murder and a second charge of violent disorder.
A fifth member of the gang was never charged.