When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
First Southampton reinstate city bus services
ALL bus services in Southampton run by First bus were operating this afternoon following their suspension due to adverse weather conditions.
The heavy snow and icy conditions left transport buses at First with no option but to withdraw all their services from the city’s roads this morning.
However, after reviewing the situation buses were back on the routes by midday with all but a handful out of service.
Customers wanting specific information or updates are advised to contact the company.
A spokesman said that although the services were back on the roads passengers would be hit by delays owing to the weather and drivers taking extra care on icy routes.
The city is the worst hit with services in Portsmouth only suffering limited disruption. All main routes will be serviced while housing estate routes may suffer some cancellations.
Customers wishing to use bus services are advised to walk to the nearest main road.
In Dorset most services are operating normally. The company says it apologises for any disruption caused.
Those needing timetable information up specific advice on how to complete journeys are advised to call traveline on 0871 200 22 33 or check the First Group website (see related links).
- Service 3 = Running as normal but not serving Midanbury
- Service 4 = Running as normal Service 5 = Running as normal
- Service 7 = Running as normal Service 8 = Running Lordshill - City - Bitterne only
- Service 8A = Running as normal
- Service 9 = Running as normal
- Service 10/10A = Running as normal
- Service 11A/11C = Running as normal
- Service 12A/12C = Running as normal
- Service 14 = Running as normal but not serving Midanbury
- Service 16 = Running as normal
- Service 16A = Running as normal along main roads only not serving Upper St Helens Road in Hedge End
- Service 17/17A = Running as normal
- Service 21 = Running as normal
- Service 78/72/80 = Running as normal