When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Five top tips for staying warm during the cold snap
2:08pm Friday 11th January 2013 in In Depth
- Aim to keep the temperature of your main living room at 21C. The rest of your home should be heated to at least 18C.
- Make sure you have plenty of warm drinks and hot meals.
- If you are sitting down, use a shawl or blanket to keep you warm and try to keep your feet up, as the air is cooler at ground level.
- Wear warm clothes in bed. When it’s very cold, wear thermal underwear, bed socks and even a woolly hat to prevent heat being lost from your head.
- Use a hot water bottle or electric blanket to warm your bed.