When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
How to best look after the elderly during the cold weather
5:56pm Friday 11th January 2013 in In Depth
The elderly or frail are more likely to become ill in cold weather and it is important that they keep warm.
- It is important to be more aware – perhaps you have not seen them for a while, look for signs which might suggest that something is wrong like:
- The curtains are still drawn during the day
- There are newspapers left in the letter box or milk not being picked up from the doorstep
- A dog barking or a cat scratching at the door for an unusual length of time
- In fact anything which you think feels out of the norm and makes you question if everything is all right.