When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Fire in Agim Hoxha's car so intense it melted windows, murder trial hears
1:56pm Wednesday 16th January 2013 in Crime
JURORS have been shown graphic images of a burnt out car in which the body of a 29-year-old man was found inside.
A selection of images were shown on television screens at Winchester Crown Court which showed the silver Mercedes coupe, which belonged to the victim, virtually destroyed.
Prosecutor Nicholas Haggan QC told how the blaze had been so intense that it had melted the wheel trims and windows.
The pictures taken of the inside the vehicle, where the body of murder victim Agim Hoxha, a drug dealer, was discovered lying in the rear footwell, were sanitised because they are so distressing.
Mr Haggan said the fire crews cut the roof from the vehicle to try and help the careful removal of Mr Hoxha's remains.
Images from inside the boot of the car showed how bank notes and money bands were discovered. Cash was also found in the front compartment and police believed it totalled £3,420.
The remnants of an iPhone were also recovered and although virtually destroyed the registration number was found and traced to Mr Hoxha.
They both deny murder. Arben also denies a second charge of perverting the course of justice by removing, with Afrim, Mr Hoxha's body from the flat, taking it to Chilworth Drove and setting fire to it, as well as cleaning traces of blood inside the property.
- The Champagne Killer jailed for 32 years
- Jailed for 32 years for body-in-the-car murder
- Murder jury allowed to return majority verdict
- Justice has been done, say murder victim's family
- Drug dealers 'have a right to life like everyone else' says judge
- Murder trial jury still out
- Guilty - Arben Lleshi guilty of body-in-the-car murder
- Alleged murderer 'feared for son's safety'