SEVEN members of a nationwide drugs ring that brought crack cocaine and heroin to the streets of Southampton have been jailed for a total of 19 years.
More than 100 officers across the UK busted the major drugs operation that saw the seven arrested and charged with conspiracy to supply Class A drugs across the south, including Hampshire, Dorset and Cornwall.
Today at Newport Crown Court, gang leader Simon Simpson, from Greater Manchester, was hit with the longest sentence of six year and four months behind bars.
Troy Clack, 20, from Laundry Road, Southampton, was sentence to two years and four months, Robert Guilfoyle, 21, from Camborne, Cornwall, got two years, Dale Carroll, from Greater Manchester, got three years and four months and Ryan Poole, also from Greater Manchester received a three year sentence.
Jake Newson, 20, from Plymouth and Sonny Elms from Greater Manchester were both sentence to two years and four months behind bars.
Detective Sergeant Ross Toms of Hampshire Major Investigation Team said; “Today's sentencing should serve as a warning to others that drug dealers are not tolerated in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
“We are committed to making the two counties a hostile environment for criminals, especially those who bring with them the kind of misery and additional crime that goes hand in hand with drugs and their supply.
“It took thorough and lengthy investigation to identifying this criminal gang, which had previously avoided detection by internally secreting Class A drugs when travelling from Manchester to the south coast. I sincerely hope the result we've seen today goes some way to reassure people living and working in the two counties that we take a hard line on drug dealing and will always push for conviction.”
- Gang sentenced to total of 35 years for attacking man in his own home
- PICTURES: Police cordon off Hampshire shop after cash machine raid
- Paedophile sentenced after stealing £3,000 from charity for the blind
- Disabled woman issues desperate plea for return of stolen mobility scooter
- Man admitted stabbing pensioner in call to dad moments after attack - court told
- Hampshire Police rape failings prove need for Human Rights Act - Labour
- Police hunt thief after cheese raid on Southampton shop
- UPDATE: Police appeal for help with murder probe after Hampshire man found dead