SEVEN members of a nationwide drugs ring that brought crack cocaine and heroin to the streets of Southampton have been jailed for a total of 19 years.
More than 100 officers across the UK busted the major drugs operation that saw the seven arrested and charged with conspiracy to supply Class A drugs across the south, including Hampshire, Dorset and Cornwall.
Today at Newport Crown Court, gang leader Simon Simpson, from Greater Manchester, was hit with the longest sentence of six year and four months behind bars.
Troy Clack, 20, from Laundry Road, Southampton, was sentence to two years and four months, Robert Guilfoyle, 21, from Camborne, Cornwall, got two years, Dale Carroll, from Greater Manchester, got three years and four months and Ryan Poole, also from Greater Manchester received a three year sentence.
Jake Newson, 20, from Plymouth and Sonny Elms from Greater Manchester were both sentence to two years and four months behind bars.
Detective Sergeant Ross Toms of Hampshire Major Investigation Team said; “Today's sentencing should serve as a warning to others that drug dealers are not tolerated in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
“We are committed to making the two counties a hostile environment for criminals, especially those who bring with them the kind of misery and additional crime that goes hand in hand with drugs and their supply.
“It took thorough and lengthy investigation to identifying this criminal gang, which had previously avoided detection by internally secreting Class A drugs when travelling from Manchester to the south coast. I sincerely hope the result we've seen today goes some way to reassure people living and working in the two counties that we take a hard line on drug dealing and will always push for conviction.”
- LEGAL HIGH ALERT: 11 needed emergency treatment in just two weeks
- Who are the eight men charged with serious drug offences after city raids?
- 'Complete hell': Victim of blow-up doll stalker tells of nightmare
- Robbers steal £14,000 from cash handler in Southampton
- PHOTO: Gun drama at corner shop
- Legal highs are banned from today: Here's what you need to know
- Hampshire man charged with baby murder
- Teens arrested in Class A drugs sting