When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Armed gang attack and rob students in their own home in central Southampton
AN ARMED gang burst into a Southampton home before assaulting the residents and demanding they hand over their money.
The trio of robbers burst in armed with a a crowbar, baseball bat and a hammer.
The gang rang the doorbell and then forced their way inside when one of the students answered the door to the home on Newcombe Road.
All four of the victims were injured, with suffering a broken arm and another a broken nose and a fractured hand.
The incident happened around 6.50pm on Friday evening.
The first robber was white, around 6ft 3 or 4 tall, aged in his 20s with shaggy dark brown hair. He was wearing a black hoodie and trousers with the hood up and scarf over his face and black Air Force 1 trainers. The bat he used was mainly silver and smaller than average, could possibly be a softball bat.
The second offender was a white but tanned male, 5ft 10, aged between 26-35 years with hazel eyes. He was of a stocky build with large belly.
He was wearing a Puffa jacket, dark red and black woolly hat, brown scarf, dark grey hoodie and blue jeans.
The third attacker was an Asian male, 6ft tall and aged 25-35 years. He was an athletic build and was wearing a black woolly hat, black scarf and a dark grey hoodie.
Investigating officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or saw the offenders making good their escape, or from anyone who has information to help identify the three men.
Information should be given by phoning Southampton CID on 101 or the Crimestoppers line anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- More crime stories
- Appeal thrown out for driver who killed two teens with his car
- Rolf Harris starts appeal process for indecent assault convictions
- Seven men arrested in immigration raid on lorry
- VIDEO: Dramatic moment thief flees jewellers with £8,000 watch
- Meet police at drop-in surgery
- Thief steals £500 nail gun from van
- Police hunt for serial flasher who exposed himself to young girls
- Boat engine worth £6,000 stolen from diving club
- More Southampton stories
- City airport put up for sale
- City demonstration calls for end to Gaza conflict
- Up to 80 jobs to go as superstore closes
- Zoo celebrates arrival of meerkat babies
- Black cats homeless because they 'look bad in selfies'
- Luxury cinema revealed for £70m city leisure complex
- City experts say price limits would help drinkers kick booze
- Multi-million pound community centre saved for residents
Comments are closed on this article.