AN ARMED gang burst into a Southampton home before assaulting the residents and demanding they hand over their money.
The trio of robbers burst in armed with a a crowbar, baseball bat and a hammer.
The gang rang the doorbell and then forced their way inside when one of the students answered the door to the home on Newcombe Road.
All four of the victims were injured, with suffering a broken arm and another a broken nose and a fractured hand.
The incident happened around 6.50pm on Friday evening.
The first robber was white, around 6ft 3 or 4 tall, aged in his 20s with shaggy dark brown hair. He was wearing a black hoodie and trousers with the hood up and scarf over his face and black Air Force 1 trainers. The bat he used was mainly silver and smaller than average, could possibly be a softball bat.
The second offender was a white but tanned male, 5ft 10, aged between 26-35 years with hazel eyes. He was of a stocky build with large belly.
He was wearing a Puffa jacket, dark red and black woolly hat, brown scarf, dark grey hoodie and blue jeans.
The third attacker was an Asian male, 6ft tall and aged 25-35 years. He was an athletic build and was wearing a black woolly hat, black scarf and a dark grey hoodie.
Investigating officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or saw the offenders making good their escape, or from anyone who has information to help identify the three men.
Information should be given by phoning Southampton CID on 101 or the Crimestoppers line anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- More crime stories
- Don't fall into the trap - the new scam where just saying "yes" can land you in trouble
- Hunt launched for flytippers who dumped more than 100 tyres in latest incident
- Thief stole high-value bronze statue from Hampshire art gallery - then struck again a week later
- PHOTOS: Armed police on Southampton's streets as block of flats raided
- Police continue investigation after armed police raid Southampton flats
- PHOTOS: Do you recognise this 'stolen' jewellery?
- LATEST & PHOTOS: Delays as man dies after being hit by train on Hampshire railway line
- Police hunt armed robber who raided Hampshire petrol station
- More Southampton stories
- Cyclist 'died of shock after lorry horror crash'
- Saints fans silenced at Southampton pub after cup heartbreak
- TK Maxx shoplifter jailed after attacking store detective
- Woman conned £40,000 in benefits by pretending dead friend was still alive
- PHOTOS: Take That star visits Hampshire students
- PHOTOS: Saints fans among most romantic in the country.
- Motorway pile-up causes traffic delays
- World Sailing to leave Southampton base and move HQ to London