A top Southampton lecturer has been suspended after her city home was uncovered as a haven for drug dealers, it has emerged.
Kristine Lord has been banned from leading lessons at Southampton Solent University after police shut down her Southcliff Road property last Friday.
Mrs Lord, who shared the Victorian terraced property with her son, Christopher, was effectively evicted from the home after the home was used as a base for doorstep deals.
As previously reported by the Daily Echo, residents suffered sleepless nights as drug users urinated on their property, threw stones at windows and banged on doors to get their fix.
Other homeowners in the area said the problems had been going on for a year and a half, with “non-stop” dealing taking place.
The home now lies boarded up after magistrates granted permission to close down the crack den as part of Operation Fortress - a two-year police operation aimed at stamping out serious violence related to drug trafficking.
Mrs Lord, 64, said she was “completely shocked” by her neighbours' statements and claimed she had no idea that drug dealing was happening in her home.
But the senior lecturer in entrepreneurship innovation and creativity at the university has been temporarily removed her post, while the police investigation continues.
A spokesperson for Southampton Solent University confirmed that Mrs Lord had been suspended, but refused to answer any further questions.
In a brief statement, the spokesperson said: “Kristine Lord has been suspended from her duties at the University pending the outcome of police enquiries and our own internal investigations.”
More crime stories:
- Woman hit in the face and robbed in broad daylight
- LEGAL HIGH ALERT: 11 needed emergency treatment in just two weeks
- Who are the eight men charged with serious drug offences after city raids?
- 'Complete hell': Victim of blow-up doll stalker tells of nightmare
- Robbers steal £14,000 from cash handler in Southampton
- PHOTO: Gun drama at corner shop
- Legal highs are banned from today: Here's what you need to know
- Hampshire man charged with baby murder
More Southampton stories
- Woman's body found in Southampton
- Common People 2016: Day one round-up
- Saints photographer escapes fatal boat crash in Thailand
- PHOTOS: 250+ pictures from Saturday at Common People
- Hoverboard battery explodes at 3am in Southampton
- Overflowing urinals and shattered glass: Harmony of the Seas 'like a construction site'
- Dozens of firefighters called to ship blaze in Southampton
- UPDATE: Delays in Southampton as broken down crane blocks road