POLICE are treating a blaze at a block of flats in Eastleigh as arson.
Fire investigators have told police that the fire at Ovington Road on Monday night was arson, probably from an accelerant used in a kitchen of one of flats.
The block of 15 flats is being redeveloped and the two residents of the only occupied flat were out at the time of the fire.
There were no casualties and no one had to be rescued.
Six fire crews from Eastleigh, St Mary's, Redbridge and Hightown attended the incident at around 7.20pm.
A witness has reported seeing two youths running from the building towards the Lakeside Estate at 7.30pm. They are described as white, slim and 5ft 8ins. One wore a woollen baseball cap and the other a beanie.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Claire Reynolds at Eastleigh on 101.
More Eastleigh news:
- UPDATED: Could Scott survive Strictly with the help of boyband 1D?
- Angry residents make views known on plans for 250 new homes
- Man arrested for the murder of grandmother
- Eastleigh newsagent notches up 21 years in business
- New principal and chief executive for Eastleigh College
- Controversial hotel at Ageas Bowl on target to open in the Spring
- Adrenaline junkies have an all white weekend
- Police and fire move closer to sharing HQ