One yobbish act every six minutes

YOBS commit acts of antisocial behaviour across the county every six minutes, new figures reveal.

The statistics released by police today show that on average ten people are victim to rowdy yobs every hour.

In just three months this summer police were called to 24,110 different incidents of antisocial behaviour, the Daily Echo can reveal.

And the new data reveals that the biggest increase in antisocial crime was for nuisance communication with more bullies sending emails, texts and messages on social media sites.

There were 1,580 victims of this type of antisocial behaviour in just three months – more than 16 per cent up on the reported 1,359 figure last year.

Despite the high figures, police say they are winning the war on this crime with 1,315 fewer incidents this year compared to last year’s figure of 25,425 call outs – a reduction of five per cent.

The decrease comes after a summer antisocial behaviour campaign, which ran from June until September.

Hampshire police said among the categories of crime which had reduced were:

  • Street drinking which was down 38 per cent from 684 offences last summer to 422 offences.
  • Rowdy and inconsiderate behaviour which went from 11,862 incidents down to 10,265 incidents this year.
  • Noise nuisance, which decreased from 2,014 to 1,859.
  • Littering, down from 412 offences last year to 354 this year.
  • Trespassing which was down six per cent, with 33 fewer incidents from 597 to 564.

But along with the nuisance communications, reports of neighbours from hell rose from 4,543 to 4,676 this summer and vehicle related nuisance rocketed by 218 crimes going from 2,287 reports last year to 2,505.

Categories which were labelled miscellaneous and behaviour not identified also saw an increase, totalling 1,885 compared to 1,667 last summer.

Inspector Mark Hull said to tackle the problem the police sent increased patrols to hot spots, visited schools and youth clubs ahead of the summer holidays and worked with licensees to tackle under-age drinking.

He said: “Tackling antisocial behaviour is a year-round priority for Hampshire Constabulary and we still have a lot of work to do to continue to reduce the level of ASB across the force.”

Among the work carried out by officers to tackle the problem over the summer included organising operations to tackle street drinking in Lordshill .

To report antisocial behaviour call 101 or to find out about trends in your area see our interactive crime map .

Comments (43)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:18am Mon 24 Sep 12

Georgem says...

Relatively unbiased story, giving solid figures surrounding which incidents are less prevalent, and which are more. Then they blot their copy book with the tabloid disgust-inducing headline.

D- Echo, see me.
Relatively unbiased story, giving solid figures surrounding which incidents are less prevalent, and which are more. Then they blot their copy book with the tabloid disgust-inducing headline. D- Echo, see me. Georgem
  • Score: 0

10:33am Mon 24 Sep 12

ToastyTea says...

I have to admit to being involved in several acts of yobbish behaviour on Saturday from 5pm+, blame Saints for winning though and the drink that ensued.
I have to admit to being involved in several acts of yobbish behaviour on Saturday from 5pm+, blame Saints for winning though and the drink that ensued. ToastyTea
  • Score: 0

11:14am Mon 24 Sep 12

Linesman says...

That includes Mitchell and his abuse of the police because they would not open the main gates to Downing Street so that he could cycle through.

Not all yobs are young and unemployed!
That includes Mitchell and his abuse of the police because they would not open the main gates to Downing Street so that he could cycle through. Not all yobs are young and unemployed! Linesman
  • Score: 0

11:25am Mon 24 Sep 12

Shoong says...

Linesman wrote:
That includes Mitchell and his abuse of the police because they would not open the main gates to Downing Street so that he could cycle through.

Not all yobs are young and unemployed!
He's only human and we all lose our temper from time to time, I suspect if a Labour MP had done it, that would have been ok.

Street drinking.
Noise nuisance.
Littering.
Trespassing.

Somehow I doubt Mr Mitchell will be in the dock for any of these offences soon.
[quote][p][bold]Linesman[/bold] wrote: That includes Mitchell and his abuse of the police because they would not open the main gates to Downing Street so that he could cycle through. Not all yobs are young and unemployed![/p][/quote]He's only human and we all lose our temper from time to time, I suspect if a Labour MP had done it, that would have been ok. Street drinking. Noise nuisance. Littering. Trespassing. Somehow I doubt Mr Mitchell will be in the dock for any of these offences soon. Shoong
  • Score: 0

11:41am Mon 24 Sep 12

arthur boutfaith says...

B0LLock5 !!
B0LLock5 !! arthur boutfaith
  • Score: 0

11:43am Mon 24 Sep 12

allison.luella says...

Its not that the Police are winning the war on this behaviour, its because long suffering people like my mother and i stop reporting it to the police!!!

Why.........because we get the same questions, did you see who did it, have you evidence. my mother and i have suffered for the last thirty years pleading for help from the Police and local authority, but no one wants know!!

So now we put up with it in silence!!
Its not that the Police are winning the war on this behaviour, its because long suffering people like my mother and i stop reporting it to the police!!! Why.........because we get the same questions, did you see who did it, have you evidence. my mother and i have suffered for the last thirty years pleading for help from the Police and local authority, but no one wants know!! So now we put up with it in silence!! allison.luella
  • Score: 0

11:46am Mon 24 Sep 12

Lone Ranger. says...

Shoong wrote:
Linesman wrote:
That includes Mitchell and his abuse of the police because they would not open the main gates to Downing Street so that he could cycle through.

Not all yobs are young and unemployed!
He's only human and we all lose our temper from time to time, I suspect if a Labour MP had done it, that would have been ok.

Street drinking.
Noise nuisance.
Littering.
Trespassing.

Somehow I doubt Mr Mitchell will be in the dock for any of these offences soon.
And if it was a Labour MP you wouldnt defend him or offer an excuse for his behaviour ....... like "losing our temper from time to time"
[quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Linesman[/bold] wrote: That includes Mitchell and his abuse of the police because they would not open the main gates to Downing Street so that he could cycle through. Not all yobs are young and unemployed![/p][/quote]He's only human and we all lose our temper from time to time, I suspect if a Labour MP had done it, that would have been ok. Street drinking. Noise nuisance. Littering. Trespassing. Somehow I doubt Mr Mitchell will be in the dock for any of these offences soon.[/p][/quote]And if it was a Labour MP you wouldnt defend him or offer an excuse for his behaviour ....... like "losing our temper from time to time" Lone Ranger.
  • Score: 0

11:46am Mon 24 Sep 12

ToastyTea says...

allison.luella wrote:
Its not that the Police are winning the war on this behaviour, its because long suffering people like my mother and i stop reporting it to the police!!! Why.........because we get the same questions, did you see who did it, have you evidence. my mother and i have suffered for the last thirty years pleading for help from the Police and local authority, but no one wants know!! So now we put up with it in silence!!
move house ?
[quote][p][bold]allison.luella[/bold] wrote: Its not that the Police are winning the war on this behaviour, its because long suffering people like my mother and i stop reporting it to the police!!! Why.........because we get the same questions, did you see who did it, have you evidence. my mother and i have suffered for the last thirty years pleading for help from the Police and local authority, but no one wants know!! So now we put up with it in silence!![/p][/quote]move house ? ToastyTea
  • Score: 0

11:54am Mon 24 Sep 12

TEBOURBA says...

Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood.
Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it?
Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime.
Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!!
Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.
Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood. Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it? Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime. Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!! Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode. TEBOURBA
  • Score: 0

11:55am Mon 24 Sep 12

Shoong says...

Lone Ranger. wrote:
Shoong wrote:
Linesman wrote:
That includes Mitchell and his abuse of the police because they would not open the main gates to Downing Street so that he could cycle through.

Not all yobs are young and unemployed!
He's only human and we all lose our temper from time to time, I suspect if a Labour MP had done it, that would have been ok.

Street drinking.
Noise nuisance.
Littering.
Trespassing.

Somehow I doubt Mr Mitchell will be in the dock for any of these offences soon.
And if it was a Labour MP you wouldnt defend him or offer an excuse for his behaviour ....... like "losing our temper from time to time"
I'd like to think I could be objective on this one, we have lost sight that MPs whatever the party are only human and are not infallible.
[quote][p][bold]Lone Ranger.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Linesman[/bold] wrote: That includes Mitchell and his abuse of the police because they would not open the main gates to Downing Street so that he could cycle through. Not all yobs are young and unemployed![/p][/quote]He's only human and we all lose our temper from time to time, I suspect if a Labour MP had done it, that would have been ok. Street drinking. Noise nuisance. Littering. Trespassing. Somehow I doubt Mr Mitchell will be in the dock for any of these offences soon.[/p][/quote]And if it was a Labour MP you wouldnt defend him or offer an excuse for his behaviour ....... like "losing our temper from time to time"[/p][/quote]I'd like to think I could be objective on this one, we have lost sight that MPs whatever the party are only human and are not infallible. Shoong
  • Score: 0

11:57am Mon 24 Sep 12

Shoong says...

TEBOURBA wrote:
Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood.
Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it?
Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime.
Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!!
Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.
Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead.

It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.
[quote][p][bold]TEBOURBA[/bold] wrote: Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood. Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it? Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime. Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!! Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.[/p][/quote]Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead. It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you. Shoong
  • Score: 0

12:20pm Mon 24 Sep 12

MGRA says...

Chavs goto Hedge End McDonalds, buy their "meal", drive round to M&S car park in their heavily accessorised renault clios, eat like the uncivilised pigs they are and then throw the rubbish our of the window. This happens at least 10 times a day, so about 3600 times a year. In that one car park alone....
Chavs goto Hedge End McDonalds, buy their "meal", drive round to M&S car park in their heavily accessorised renault clios, eat like the uncivilised pigs they are and then throw the rubbish our of the window. This happens at least 10 times a day, so about 3600 times a year. In that one car park alone.... MGRA
  • Score: 0

12:24pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Georgem says...

TEBOURBA wrote:
Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood.
Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it?
Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime.
Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!!
Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.
Huh? You realise that Mitchell swearing at a policeman in London is a separate incident to two policewomen being shot in Manchester, right? By your logic, then, when Mitchell resigns, or is sacked, you're volunteering to go tell the families of the two shot women that everything is ok now.
[quote][p][bold]TEBOURBA[/bold] wrote: Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood. Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it? Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime. Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!! Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.[/p][/quote]Huh? You realise that Mitchell swearing at a policeman in London is a separate incident to two policewomen being shot in Manchester, right? By your logic, then, when Mitchell resigns, or is sacked, you're volunteering to go tell the families of the two shot women that everything is ok now. Georgem
  • Score: 0

12:24pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Georgem says...

Shoong wrote:
TEBOURBA wrote:
Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood.
Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it?
Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime.
Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!!
Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.
Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead.

It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.
It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time.
[quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TEBOURBA[/bold] wrote: Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood. Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it? Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime. Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!! Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.[/p][/quote]Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead. It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.[/p][/quote]It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time. Georgem
  • Score: 0

12:33pm Mon 24 Sep 12

TEBOURBA says...

Respect for the Police should be upheld by all, not least of all the Government Chief Whip.
Mitchell's description of the police officer was you are a ****ing pleb!
Is that Mitchell's, obviously long held opinion of all police officers, including the two who sacrificed their lives or just the one that gave him a minute's inconvenience by politely suggesting he used the correct entrance?
To insult a police officer at any time is objectionable but one who is stationed there specifically for Mitchell and his cronies protection and over such a minor thing??
Mitchell's so called apology at the entrance to Downing Street this morning was a travesty, he scurried away not having the guts to stay and answer the question, what exactly did you say Mr Mitchell?
I think the public whatever their political persuasions will draw there own conclusions about Mr Mitchell and his future.
Great pity Mr Cameron hasn't yet had the guts to do the right thing and sack him.
Respect for the Police should be upheld by all, not least of all the Government Chief Whip. Mitchell's description of the police officer was you are a ****ing pleb! Is that Mitchell's, obviously long held opinion of all police officers, including the two who sacrificed their lives or just the one that gave him a minute's inconvenience by politely suggesting he used the correct entrance? To insult a police officer at any time is objectionable but one who is stationed there specifically for Mitchell and his cronies protection and over such a minor thing?? Mitchell's so called apology at the entrance to Downing Street this morning was a travesty, he scurried away not having the guts to stay and answer the question, what exactly did you say Mr Mitchell? I think the public whatever their political persuasions will draw there own conclusions about Mr Mitchell and his future. Great pity Mr Cameron hasn't yet had the guts to do the right thing and sack him. TEBOURBA
  • Score: 0

1:01pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Shoong says...

TEBOURBA wrote:
Respect for the Police should be upheld by all, not least of all the Government Chief Whip.
Mitchell's description of the police officer was you are a ****ing pleb!
Is that Mitchell's, obviously long held opinion of all police officers, including the two who sacrificed their lives or just the one that gave him a minute's inconvenience by politely suggesting he used the correct entrance?
To insult a police officer at any time is objectionable but one who is stationed there specifically for Mitchell and his cronies protection and over such a minor thing??
Mitchell's so called apology at the entrance to Downing Street this morning was a travesty, he scurried away not having the guts to stay and answer the question, what exactly did you say Mr Mitchell?
I think the public whatever their political persuasions will draw there own conclusions about Mr Mitchell and his future.
Great pity Mr Cameron hasn't yet had the guts to do the right thing and sack him.
You've embarrassed yourself once, was there any need to do it again?

Wipe the rabid froth away and try to think rationally.
[quote][p][bold]TEBOURBA[/bold] wrote: Respect for the Police should be upheld by all, not least of all the Government Chief Whip. Mitchell's description of the police officer was you are a ****ing pleb! Is that Mitchell's, obviously long held opinion of all police officers, including the two who sacrificed their lives or just the one that gave him a minute's inconvenience by politely suggesting he used the correct entrance? To insult a police officer at any time is objectionable but one who is stationed there specifically for Mitchell and his cronies protection and over such a minor thing?? Mitchell's so called apology at the entrance to Downing Street this morning was a travesty, he scurried away not having the guts to stay and answer the question, what exactly did you say Mr Mitchell? I think the public whatever their political persuasions will draw there own conclusions about Mr Mitchell and his future. Great pity Mr Cameron hasn't yet had the guts to do the right thing and sack him.[/p][/quote]You've embarrassed yourself once, was there any need to do it again? Wipe the rabid froth away and try to think rationally. Shoong
  • Score: 0

1:16pm Mon 24 Sep 12

TEBOURBA says...

Strange isn't that when certain people have no considered rational contra argument they dodge the issue just like Mr Mitchell.
The people will judge.
Strange isn't that when certain people have no considered rational contra argument they dodge the issue just like Mr Mitchell. The people will judge. TEBOURBA
  • Score: 0

1:16pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Georgem says...

TEBOURBA wrote:
Respect for the Police should be upheld by all, not least of all the Government Chief Whip.
Mitchell's description of the police officer was you are a ****ing pleb!
Is that Mitchell's, obviously long held opinion of all police officers, including the two who sacrificed their lives or just the one that gave him a minute's inconvenience by politely suggesting he used the correct entrance?
To insult a police officer at any time is objectionable but one who is stationed there specifically for Mitchell and his cronies protection and over such a minor thing??
Mitchell's so called apology at the entrance to Downing Street this morning was a travesty, he scurried away not having the guts to stay and answer the question, what exactly did you say Mr Mitchell?
I think the public whatever their political persuasions will draw there own conclusions about Mr Mitchell and his future.
Great pity Mr Cameron hasn't yet had the guts to do the right thing and sack him.
Again, what does this incident have to do with the shooting in Manchester?
[quote][p][bold]TEBOURBA[/bold] wrote: Respect for the Police should be upheld by all, not least of all the Government Chief Whip. Mitchell's description of the police officer was you are a ****ing pleb! Is that Mitchell's, obviously long held opinion of all police officers, including the two who sacrificed their lives or just the one that gave him a minute's inconvenience by politely suggesting he used the correct entrance? To insult a police officer at any time is objectionable but one who is stationed there specifically for Mitchell and his cronies protection and over such a minor thing?? Mitchell's so called apology at the entrance to Downing Street this morning was a travesty, he scurried away not having the guts to stay and answer the question, what exactly did you say Mr Mitchell? I think the public whatever their political persuasions will draw there own conclusions about Mr Mitchell and his future. Great pity Mr Cameron hasn't yet had the guts to do the right thing and sack him.[/p][/quote]Again, what does this incident have to do with the shooting in Manchester? Georgem
  • Score: 0

1:40pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Lone Ranger. says...

Isn't it strange that the actions of Mitchell epitomises what many people think of the Tory Party. ....... and in particular its Ministers
Isn't it strange that the actions of Mitchell epitomises what many people think of the Tory Party. ....... and in particular its Ministers Lone Ranger.
  • Score: 0

1:44pm Mon 24 Sep 12

TEBOURBA says...

I've been very unfair to Mr Mitchell and his supporters and I must with the greatest humility, tug my forelock and offer my sincere apologies.
After all it cannot be easy for someone raised by a Tory MP, educated at Rugby and Cambridge, commissioned in the Tank Regiment, employed as an Investment Banker ( and we all know where he and his ilk got us!) to regard us ordinary citizens and the brave police officers who defend us as anything but plebs.
Unfortunately the foregoing apples to the whole Tory Cabinet, so I expect them to a man to close ranks and stick two fingers up to us plebs.
There's non so blind ---- and with that I will close my comments.
I've been very unfair to Mr Mitchell and his supporters and I must with the greatest humility, tug my forelock and offer my sincere apologies. After all it cannot be easy for someone raised by a Tory MP, educated at Rugby and Cambridge, commissioned in the Tank Regiment, employed as an Investment Banker ( and we all know where he and his ilk got us!) to regard us ordinary citizens and the brave police officers who defend us as anything but plebs. Unfortunately the foregoing apples to the whole Tory Cabinet, so I expect them to a man to close ranks and stick two fingers up to us plebs. There's non so blind ---- and with that I will close my comments. TEBOURBA
  • Score: 0

2:15pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Shoong says...

How on earth does Mr Mitchell, being raised by Conservative MPs, being well educated and serving in the armed forces somehow make him above the 'common man'?

See, you berate him for not having the standards you expect of him because he's actually achieved something in his life, but at the same time the very perch you would sit him on you resent.

Okaaay...
How on earth does Mr Mitchell, being raised by Conservative MPs, being well educated and serving in the armed forces somehow make him above the 'common man'? See, you berate him for not having the standards you expect of him because he's actually achieved something in his life, but at the same time the very perch you would sit him on you resent. Okaaay... Shoong
  • Score: 0

2:59pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Zeo says...

Still nothing done on the mini-motorbikes and unlicensed dirt-bikes that use the pavements to avoid being caught. If they are caught they should have them destroyed right away, not be given a ticket or anything!!!
Still nothing done on the mini-motorbikes and unlicensed dirt-bikes that use the pavements to avoid being caught. If they are caught they should have them destroyed right away, not be given a ticket or anything!!! Zeo
  • Score: 0

3:03pm Mon 24 Sep 12

userds5050 says...

Georgem wrote:
Shoong wrote:
TEBOURBA wrote:
Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood.
Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it?
Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime.
Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!!
Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.
Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead.

It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.
It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time.
So he apologises and wants a line drawn under it, but insists he didn't say what was alleged and wont say what he did say. This incident may not be related to the shootings but it shows Mitchell and the rest of Cameron's cabinet have no respect for the police and the difficult and dangerous job they do. Plebeian: Common, commonplace, or vulgar.
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TEBOURBA[/bold] wrote: Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood. Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it? Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime. Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!! Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.[/p][/quote]Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead. It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.[/p][/quote]It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time.[/p][/quote]So he apologises and wants a line drawn under it, but insists he didn't say what was alleged and wont say what he did say. This incident may not be related to the shootings but it shows Mitchell and the rest of Cameron's cabinet have no respect for the police and the difficult and dangerous job they do. Plebeian: Common, commonplace, or vulgar. userds5050
  • Score: 0

3:16pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Inform Al says...

allison.luella wrote:
Its not that the Police are winning the war on this behaviour, its because long suffering people like my mother and i stop reporting it to the police!!!

Why.........because we get the same questions, did you see who did it, have you evidence. my mother and i have suffered for the last thirty years pleading for help from the Police and local authority, but no one wants know!!

So now we put up with it in silence!!
And of course it costs 10p from a landline and lots more from a mobile to call 101, guaranteed to reduce the volume of calls.
[quote][p][bold]allison.luella[/bold] wrote: Its not that the Police are winning the war on this behaviour, its because long suffering people like my mother and i stop reporting it to the police!!! Why.........because we get the same questions, did you see who did it, have you evidence. my mother and i have suffered for the last thirty years pleading for help from the Police and local authority, but no one wants know!! So now we put up with it in silence!![/p][/quote]And of course it costs 10p from a landline and lots more from a mobile to call 101, guaranteed to reduce the volume of calls. Inform Al
  • Score: 0

3:25pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Georgem says...

userds5050 wrote:
Georgem wrote:
Shoong wrote:
TEBOURBA wrote:
Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood.
Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it?
Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime.
Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!!
Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.
Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead.

It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.
It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time.
So he apologises and wants a line drawn under it, but insists he didn't say what was alleged and wont say what he did say. This incident may not be related to the shootings but it shows Mitchell and the rest of Cameron's cabinet have no respect for the police and the difficult and dangerous job they do. Plebeian: Common, commonplace, or vulgar.
Does it? I thought it showed that Mitchell lost his temper and made some stupid, ill-advised comments. I didn't realise he was speaking for the entire Cabinet.
[quote][p][bold]userds5050[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TEBOURBA[/bold] wrote: Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood. Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it? Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime. Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!! Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.[/p][/quote]Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead. It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.[/p][/quote]It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time.[/p][/quote]So he apologises and wants a line drawn under it, but insists he didn't say what was alleged and wont say what he did say. This incident may not be related to the shootings but it shows Mitchell and the rest of Cameron's cabinet have no respect for the police and the difficult and dangerous job they do. Plebeian: Common, commonplace, or vulgar.[/p][/quote]Does it? I thought it showed that Mitchell lost his temper and made some stupid, ill-advised comments. I didn't realise he was speaking for the entire Cabinet. Georgem
  • Score: 0

3:26pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Georgem says...

Inform Al wrote:
allison.luella wrote:
Its not that the Police are winning the war on this behaviour, its because long suffering people like my mother and i stop reporting it to the police!!!

Why.........because we get the same questions, did you see who did it, have you evidence. my mother and i have suffered for the last thirty years pleading for help from the Police and local authority, but no one wants know!!

So now we put up with it in silence!!
And of course it costs 10p from a landline and lots more from a mobile to call 101, guaranteed to reduce the volume of calls.
I guess the problem can't be that bad if the thought of spending 10p puts you off doing anything about it.
[quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]allison.luella[/bold] wrote: Its not that the Police are winning the war on this behaviour, its because long suffering people like my mother and i stop reporting it to the police!!! Why.........because we get the same questions, did you see who did it, have you evidence. my mother and i have suffered for the last thirty years pleading for help from the Police and local authority, but no one wants know!! So now we put up with it in silence!![/p][/quote]And of course it costs 10p from a landline and lots more from a mobile to call 101, guaranteed to reduce the volume of calls.[/p][/quote]I guess the problem can't be that bad if the thought of spending 10p puts you off doing anything about it. Georgem
  • Score: 0

3:39pm Mon 24 Sep 12

userds5050 says...

Georgem wrote:
userds5050 wrote:
Georgem wrote:
Shoong wrote:
TEBOURBA wrote:
Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood.
Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it?
Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime.
Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!!
Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.
Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead.

It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.
It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time.
So he apologises and wants a line drawn under it, but insists he didn't say what was alleged and wont say what he did say. This incident may not be related to the shootings but it shows Mitchell and the rest of Cameron's cabinet have no respect for the police and the difficult and dangerous job they do. Plebeian: Common, commonplace, or vulgar.
Does it? I thought it showed that Mitchell lost his temper and made some stupid, ill-advised comments. I didn't realise he was speaking for the entire Cabinet.
This is bigger than some stupid ill advised comment. Why do you think the story hasn't gone away? Why are the Lib dems discussing it at their party conference? Mitchell will be forced to resign by the end of the week, and the fact Cameron hasn't sacked him yet and no one else in the cabinet has criticised him speaks volumes. This is the party that preaches "we're all in this together" remember when nothing could be further from the truth. Incidents like Mitchell letting his guard down only reinforce this.
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]userds5050[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TEBOURBA[/bold] wrote: Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood. Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it? Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime. Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!! Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.[/p][/quote]Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead. It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.[/p][/quote]It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time.[/p][/quote]So he apologises and wants a line drawn under it, but insists he didn't say what was alleged and wont say what he did say. This incident may not be related to the shootings but it shows Mitchell and the rest of Cameron's cabinet have no respect for the police and the difficult and dangerous job they do. Plebeian: Common, commonplace, or vulgar.[/p][/quote]Does it? I thought it showed that Mitchell lost his temper and made some stupid, ill-advised comments. I didn't realise he was speaking for the entire Cabinet.[/p][/quote]This is bigger than some stupid ill advised comment. Why do you think the story hasn't gone away? Why are the Lib dems discussing it at their party conference? Mitchell will be forced to resign by the end of the week, and the fact Cameron hasn't sacked him yet and no one else in the cabinet has criticised him speaks volumes. This is the party that preaches "we're all in this together" remember when nothing could be further from the truth. Incidents like Mitchell letting his guard down only reinforce this. userds5050
  • Score: 0

3:46pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Georgem says...

userds5050 wrote:
Georgem wrote:
userds5050 wrote:
Georgem wrote:
Shoong wrote:
TEBOURBA wrote:
Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood.
Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it?
Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime.
Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!!
Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.
Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead.

It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.
It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time.
So he apologises and wants a line drawn under it, but insists he didn't say what was alleged and wont say what he did say. This incident may not be related to the shootings but it shows Mitchell and the rest of Cameron's cabinet have no respect for the police and the difficult and dangerous job they do. Plebeian: Common, commonplace, or vulgar.
Does it? I thought it showed that Mitchell lost his temper and made some stupid, ill-advised comments. I didn't realise he was speaking for the entire Cabinet.
This is bigger than some stupid ill advised comment. Why do you think the story hasn't gone away? Why are the Lib dems discussing it at their party conference? Mitchell will be forced to resign by the end of the week, and the fact Cameron hasn't sacked him yet and no one else in the cabinet has criticised him speaks volumes. This is the party that preaches "we're all in this together" remember when nothing could be further from the truth. Incidents like Mitchell letting his guard down only reinforce this.
It hasn't gone away because people like to pretend every last incident is proof that they were right all along about something.

If someone in the Cabinet were to criticise the Whip, the exact same people that are moaning now, would be moaning about how transparent the criticism was, and how whoever was being vocal was just trying to score points.
[quote][p][bold]userds5050[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]userds5050[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TEBOURBA[/bold] wrote: Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood. Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it? Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime. Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!! Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.[/p][/quote]Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead. It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.[/p][/quote]It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time.[/p][/quote]So he apologises and wants a line drawn under it, but insists he didn't say what was alleged and wont say what he did say. This incident may not be related to the shootings but it shows Mitchell and the rest of Cameron's cabinet have no respect for the police and the difficult and dangerous job they do. Plebeian: Common, commonplace, or vulgar.[/p][/quote]Does it? I thought it showed that Mitchell lost his temper and made some stupid, ill-advised comments. I didn't realise he was speaking for the entire Cabinet.[/p][/quote]This is bigger than some stupid ill advised comment. Why do you think the story hasn't gone away? Why are the Lib dems discussing it at their party conference? Mitchell will be forced to resign by the end of the week, and the fact Cameron hasn't sacked him yet and no one else in the cabinet has criticised him speaks volumes. This is the party that preaches "we're all in this together" remember when nothing could be further from the truth. Incidents like Mitchell letting his guard down only reinforce this.[/p][/quote]It hasn't gone away because people like to pretend every last incident is proof that they were right all along about something. If someone in the Cabinet were to criticise the Whip, the exact same people that are moaning now, would be moaning about how transparent the criticism was, and how whoever was being vocal was just trying to score points. Georgem
  • Score: 0

3:57pm Mon 24 Sep 12

userds5050 says...

Georgem wrote:
userds5050 wrote:
Georgem wrote:
userds5050 wrote:
Georgem wrote:
Shoong wrote:
TEBOURBA wrote:
Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood.
Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it?
Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime.
Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!!
Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.
Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead.

It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.
It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time.
So he apologises and wants a line drawn under it, but insists he didn't say what was alleged and wont say what he did say. This incident may not be related to the shootings but it shows Mitchell and the rest of Cameron's cabinet have no respect for the police and the difficult and dangerous job they do. Plebeian: Common, commonplace, or vulgar.
Does it? I thought it showed that Mitchell lost his temper and made some stupid, ill-advised comments. I didn't realise he was speaking for the entire Cabinet.
This is bigger than some stupid ill advised comment. Why do you think the story hasn't gone away? Why are the Lib dems discussing it at their party conference? Mitchell will be forced to resign by the end of the week, and the fact Cameron hasn't sacked him yet and no one else in the cabinet has criticised him speaks volumes. This is the party that preaches "we're all in this together" remember when nothing could be further from the truth. Incidents like Mitchell letting his guard down only reinforce this.
It hasn't gone away because people like to pretend every last incident is proof that they were right all along about something.

If someone in the Cabinet were to criticise the Whip, the exact same people that are moaning now, would be moaning about how transparent the criticism was, and how whoever was being vocal was just trying to score points.
Well it's the Police that want an inquiry into this not the public. If Mitchell had said in the beginning "Yeah I called him a pleb." He may well have kept his job. Instead he has accused three Police officers of lying. I wonder why?
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]userds5050[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]userds5050[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TEBOURBA[/bold] wrote: Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood. Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it? Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime. Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!! Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.[/p][/quote]Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead. It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.[/p][/quote]It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time.[/p][/quote]So he apologises and wants a line drawn under it, but insists he didn't say what was alleged and wont say what he did say. This incident may not be related to the shootings but it shows Mitchell and the rest of Cameron's cabinet have no respect for the police and the difficult and dangerous job they do. Plebeian: Common, commonplace, or vulgar.[/p][/quote]Does it? I thought it showed that Mitchell lost his temper and made some stupid, ill-advised comments. I didn't realise he was speaking for the entire Cabinet.[/p][/quote]This is bigger than some stupid ill advised comment. Why do you think the story hasn't gone away? Why are the Lib dems discussing it at their party conference? Mitchell will be forced to resign by the end of the week, and the fact Cameron hasn't sacked him yet and no one else in the cabinet has criticised him speaks volumes. This is the party that preaches "we're all in this together" remember when nothing could be further from the truth. Incidents like Mitchell letting his guard down only reinforce this.[/p][/quote]It hasn't gone away because people like to pretend every last incident is proof that they were right all along about something. If someone in the Cabinet were to criticise the Whip, the exact same people that are moaning now, would be moaning about how transparent the criticism was, and how whoever was being vocal was just trying to score points.[/p][/quote]Well it's the Police that want an inquiry into this not the public. If Mitchell had said in the beginning "Yeah I called him a pleb." He may well have kept his job. Instead he has accused three Police officers of lying. I wonder why? userds5050
  • Score: 0

4:20pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Georgem says...

userds5050 wrote:
Georgem wrote:
userds5050 wrote:
Georgem wrote:
userds5050 wrote:
Georgem wrote:
Shoong wrote:
TEBOURBA wrote:
Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood.
Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it?
Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime.
Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!!
Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.
Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead.

It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.
It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time.
So he apologises and wants a line drawn under it, but insists he didn't say what was alleged and wont say what he did say. This incident may not be related to the shootings but it shows Mitchell and the rest of Cameron's cabinet have no respect for the police and the difficult and dangerous job they do. Plebeian: Common, commonplace, or vulgar.
Does it? I thought it showed that Mitchell lost his temper and made some stupid, ill-advised comments. I didn't realise he was speaking for the entire Cabinet.
This is bigger than some stupid ill advised comment. Why do you think the story hasn't gone away? Why are the Lib dems discussing it at their party conference? Mitchell will be forced to resign by the end of the week, and the fact Cameron hasn't sacked him yet and no one else in the cabinet has criticised him speaks volumes. This is the party that preaches "we're all in this together" remember when nothing could be further from the truth. Incidents like Mitchell letting his guard down only reinforce this.
It hasn't gone away because people like to pretend every last incident is proof that they were right all along about something.

If someone in the Cabinet were to criticise the Whip, the exact same people that are moaning now, would be moaning about how transparent the criticism was, and how whoever was being vocal was just trying to score points.
Well it's the Police that want an inquiry into this not the public. If Mitchell had said in the beginning "Yeah I called him a pleb." He may well have kept his job. Instead he has accused three Police officers of lying. I wonder why?
Cos he's a prat? Seriously, do you think there was a Tory party meeting where they all decided "Mitchell! Go call some policemen plebs!"?
[quote][p][bold]userds5050[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]userds5050[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]userds5050[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TEBOURBA[/bold] wrote: Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood. Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it? Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime. Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!! Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.[/p][/quote]Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead. It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.[/p][/quote]It's one of the oddest non sequiturs I've seen in a long time.[/p][/quote]So he apologises and wants a line drawn under it, but insists he didn't say what was alleged and wont say what he did say. This incident may not be related to the shootings but it shows Mitchell and the rest of Cameron's cabinet have no respect for the police and the difficult and dangerous job they do. Plebeian: Common, commonplace, or vulgar.[/p][/quote]Does it? I thought it showed that Mitchell lost his temper and made some stupid, ill-advised comments. I didn't realise he was speaking for the entire Cabinet.[/p][/quote]This is bigger than some stupid ill advised comment. Why do you think the story hasn't gone away? Why are the Lib dems discussing it at their party conference? Mitchell will be forced to resign by the end of the week, and the fact Cameron hasn't sacked him yet and no one else in the cabinet has criticised him speaks volumes. This is the party that preaches "we're all in this together" remember when nothing could be further from the truth. Incidents like Mitchell letting his guard down only reinforce this.[/p][/quote]It hasn't gone away because people like to pretend every last incident is proof that they were right all along about something. If someone in the Cabinet were to criticise the Whip, the exact same people that are moaning now, would be moaning about how transparent the criticism was, and how whoever was being vocal was just trying to score points.[/p][/quote]Well it's the Police that want an inquiry into this not the public. If Mitchell had said in the beginning "Yeah I called him a pleb." He may well have kept his job. Instead he has accused three Police officers of lying. I wonder why?[/p][/quote]Cos he's a prat? Seriously, do you think there was a Tory party meeting where they all decided "Mitchell! Go call some policemen plebs!"? Georgem
  • Score: 0

4:41pm Mon 24 Sep 12

bigfella777 says...

Its so easy to put a stop to this behaviour if they wanted to.Give the Police back their proper hardwood truncheons and if louts want to be cheeky and be abusive they should be given a good wallop,they will soon learn.
Why do you think the older generations behave themselves,because we grew up fearing the Police.
These PCSO's are a waste of money.
Its so easy to put a stop to this behaviour if they wanted to.Give the Police back their proper hardwood truncheons and if louts want to be cheeky and be abusive they should be given a good wallop,they will soon learn. Why do you think the older generations behave themselves,because we grew up fearing the Police. These PCSO's are a waste of money. bigfella777
  • Score: 0

6:07pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Neilus says...

bigfella777 wrote:
Its so easy to put a stop to this behaviour if they wanted to.Give the Police back their proper hardwood truncheons and if louts want to be cheeky and be abusive they should be given a good wallop,they will soon learn.
Why do you think the older generations behave themselves,because we grew up fearing the Police.
These PCSO's are a waste of money.
bigfella777, at last a comment with some simple common sense. Bravo. bring back national service, these louts are out of hand, and its only going to get worse, much worse. Where's the parents!!
[quote][p][bold]bigfella777[/bold] wrote: Its so easy to put a stop to this behaviour if they wanted to.Give the Police back their proper hardwood truncheons and if louts want to be cheeky and be abusive they should be given a good wallop,they will soon learn. Why do you think the older generations behave themselves,because we grew up fearing the Police. These PCSO's are a waste of money.[/p][/quote]bigfella777, at last a comment with some simple common sense. Bravo. bring back national service, these louts are out of hand, and its only going to get worse, much worse. Where's the parents!! Neilus
  • Score: 0

7:22pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Lone Ranger. says...

I think that one of the most disappointing things about the Mitchell farce is that Slippery Dave has not taken the word of a Police Officer against "one of his own".
.
If you undermine the Police Officer you undermine the law.
.
Does this now throw doubt upon any other statements that this officer has taken in the past ??
I think that one of the most disappointing things about the Mitchell farce is that Slippery Dave has not taken the word of a Police Officer against "one of his own". . If you undermine the Police Officer you undermine the law. . Does this now throw doubt upon any other statements that this officer has taken in the past ?? Lone Ranger.
  • Score: 0

8:25pm Mon 24 Sep 12

SotonLad says...

Yobish behaviour - blame the parents. A severe lack of parental control and discipline is one of main reasons for the appalling behaviour these days.

The police are limited by their powers and there own bosses - cant chase motorbikes in case the little **** riding it falls off and hurts himself.

Until these things change the police will always be on the back foot.
Yobish behaviour - blame the parents. A severe lack of parental control and discipline is one of main reasons for the appalling behaviour these days. The police are limited by their powers and there own bosses - cant chase motorbikes in case the little **** riding it falls off and hurts himself. Until these things change the police will always be on the back foot. SotonLad
  • Score: 0

8:31pm Mon 24 Sep 12

G-man1 says...

There's no denying Mitchell is an idiot. We all have bad days but don`t all go out and shout at policeman as a consequence. At the same time, lets not forget people from all jobs and walks of life behave inappropriately at times. A few days before those police women were tragically murdered Yorkshire Police Force admitted they covered up the death of 96 innocent individuals. Surely that's worse than Mitchell? I`m not saying this to attack the police but simply to point out everything isn`t as black and white as we sometimes think. Why should young kids act appropriately when they see their elders- police, politicians, journalists etc- behave badly all the time and continually get away with it
There's no denying Mitchell is an idiot. We all have bad days but don`t all go out and shout at policeman as a consequence. At the same time, lets not forget people from all jobs and walks of life behave inappropriately at times. A few days before those police women were tragically murdered Yorkshire Police Force admitted they covered up the death of 96 innocent individuals. Surely that's worse than Mitchell? I`m not saying this to attack the police but simply to point out everything isn`t as black and white as we sometimes think. Why should young kids act appropriately when they see their elders- police, politicians, journalists etc- behave badly all the time and continually get away with it G-man1
  • Score: 0

8:33pm Mon 24 Sep 12

redsnapper says...

SotonLad wrote:
Yobish behaviour - blame the parents. A severe lack of parental control and discipline is one of main reasons for the appalling behaviour these days.

The police are limited by their powers and there own bosses - cant chase motorbikes in case the little **** riding it falls off and hurts himself.

Until these things change the police will always be on the back foot.
Spot on SotonLad

Dumb sh&t parents bring up dumb sh&t offspring.
[quote][p][bold]SotonLad[/bold] wrote: Yobish behaviour - blame the parents. A severe lack of parental control and discipline is one of main reasons for the appalling behaviour these days. The police are limited by their powers and there own bosses - cant chase motorbikes in case the little **** riding it falls off and hurts himself. Until these things change the police will always be on the back foot.[/p][/quote]Spot on SotonLad Dumb sh&t parents bring up dumb sh&t offspring. redsnapper
  • Score: 0

8:46pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Inform Al says...

Georgem wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
allison.luella wrote:
Its not that the Police are winning the war on this behaviour, its because long suffering people like my mother and i stop reporting it to the police!!!

Why.........because we get the same questions, did you see who did it, have you evidence. my mother and i have suffered for the last thirty years pleading for help from the Police and local authority, but no one wants know!!

So now we put up with it in silence!!
And of course it costs 10p from a landline and lots more from a mobile to call 101, guaranteed to reduce the volume of calls.
I guess the problem can't be that bad if the thought of spending 10p puts you off doing anything about it.
Unfortunately I usually see asbehaviour when I'm out, it costs a lot more than 10p on my mobile. On one occasion I rang 999 to inform police that there were very young children playing in an electricity sub station, I was asked to ring back on 101. I told the operator I'd ring for the fire brigade when the kids fried. 101 is a rip off designed to persuade us not to report crime, when I queried this once with the KCC top brass I was told it was to cut down on silly and malicious calls. Apparently the cretins that make malicious calls are so stupid they will use the 10p + 101 number instead of the free 999. I think I was expected to swallow that bit of s**t.
[quote][p][bold]Georgem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]allison.luella[/bold] wrote: Its not that the Police are winning the war on this behaviour, its because long suffering people like my mother and i stop reporting it to the police!!! Why.........because we get the same questions, did you see who did it, have you evidence. my mother and i have suffered for the last thirty years pleading for help from the Police and local authority, but no one wants know!! So now we put up with it in silence!![/p][/quote]And of course it costs 10p from a landline and lots more from a mobile to call 101, guaranteed to reduce the volume of calls.[/p][/quote]I guess the problem can't be that bad if the thought of spending 10p puts you off doing anything about it.[/p][/quote]Unfortunately I usually see asbehaviour when I'm out, it costs a lot more than 10p on my mobile. On one occasion I rang 999 to inform police that there were very young children playing in an electricity sub station, I was asked to ring back on 101. I told the operator I'd ring for the fire brigade when the kids fried. 101 is a rip off designed to persuade us not to report crime, when I queried this once with the KCC top brass I was told it was to cut down on silly and malicious calls. Apparently the cretins that make malicious calls are so stupid they will use the 10p + 101 number instead of the free 999. I think I was expected to swallow that bit of s**t. Inform Al
  • Score: 0

8:52pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Neilus says...

redsnapper wrote:
SotonLad wrote:
Yobish behaviour - blame the parents. A severe lack of parental control and discipline is one of main reasons for the appalling behaviour these days.

The police are limited by their powers and there own bosses - cant chase motorbikes in case the little **** riding it falls off and hurts himself.

Until these things change the police will always be on the back foot.
Spot on SotonLad

Dumb sh&t parents bring up dumb sh&t offspring.
The do gooders have a lot to answer for. you can't smack kids anymore, the cane at school was banned, the police can't touch the louts, any discipline has gone out the window, you want to see it on a Friday night at sainsburys lordshill, yobs running wild. a sad state of affairs!!!
[quote][p][bold]redsnapper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SotonLad[/bold] wrote: Yobish behaviour - blame the parents. A severe lack of parental control and discipline is one of main reasons for the appalling behaviour these days. The police are limited by their powers and there own bosses - cant chase motorbikes in case the little **** riding it falls off and hurts himself. Until these things change the police will always be on the back foot.[/p][/quote]Spot on SotonLad Dumb sh&t parents bring up dumb sh&t offspring.[/p][/quote]The do gooders have a lot to answer for. you can't smack kids anymore, the cane at school was banned, the police can't touch the louts, any discipline has gone out the window, you want to see it on a Friday night at sainsburys lordshill, yobs running wild. a sad state of affairs!!! Neilus
  • Score: 0

10:52pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Linesman says...

Shoong wrote:
Linesman wrote:
That includes Mitchell and his abuse of the police because they would not open the main gates to Downing Street so that he could cycle through.

Not all yobs are young and unemployed!
He's only human and we all lose our temper from time to time, I suspect if a Labour MP had done it, that would have been ok.

Street drinking.
Noise nuisance.
Littering.
Trespassing.

Somehow I doubt Mr Mitchell will be in the dock for any of these offences soon.
You can suspect what you wish in your attempt to purify the un-pure.

I am commenting on what happened and who did it, not a 'What if' situation.
[quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Linesman[/bold] wrote: That includes Mitchell and his abuse of the police because they would not open the main gates to Downing Street so that he could cycle through. Not all yobs are young and unemployed![/p][/quote]He's only human and we all lose our temper from time to time, I suspect if a Labour MP had done it, that would have been ok. Street drinking. Noise nuisance. Littering. Trespassing. Somehow I doubt Mr Mitchell will be in the dock for any of these offences soon.[/p][/quote]You can suspect what you wish in your attempt to purify the un-pure. I am commenting on what happened and who did it, not a 'What if' situation. Linesman
  • Score: 0

10:55pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Linesman says...

Shoong wrote:
Lone Ranger. wrote:
Shoong wrote:
Linesman wrote:
That includes Mitchell and his abuse of the police because they would not open the main gates to Downing Street so that he could cycle through.

Not all yobs are young and unemployed!
He's only human and we all lose our temper from time to time, I suspect if a Labour MP had done it, that would have been ok.

Street drinking.
Noise nuisance.
Littering.
Trespassing.

Somehow I doubt Mr Mitchell will be in the dock for any of these offences soon.
And if it was a Labour MP you wouldnt defend him or offer an excuse for his behaviour ....... like "losing our temper from time to time"
I'd like to think I could be objective on this one, we have lost sight that MPs whatever the party are only human and are not infallible.
With your previous comment, I somehow doubt that you could be objective. There would always be an excuse for a Tory's yobbish behaviour, but woe betide a Labour member stepping out of line.
[quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lone Ranger.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Linesman[/bold] wrote: That includes Mitchell and his abuse of the police because they would not open the main gates to Downing Street so that he could cycle through. Not all yobs are young and unemployed![/p][/quote]He's only human and we all lose our temper from time to time, I suspect if a Labour MP had done it, that would have been ok. Street drinking. Noise nuisance. Littering. Trespassing. Somehow I doubt Mr Mitchell will be in the dock for any of these offences soon.[/p][/quote]And if it was a Labour MP you wouldnt defend him or offer an excuse for his behaviour ....... like "losing our temper from time to time"[/p][/quote]I'd like to think I could be objective on this one, we have lost sight that MPs whatever the party are only human and are not infallible.[/p][/quote]With your previous comment, I somehow doubt that you could be objective. There would always be an excuse for a Tory's yobbish behaviour, but woe betide a Labour member stepping out of line. Linesman
  • Score: 0

10:58pm Mon 24 Sep 12

Linesman says...

Shoong wrote:
TEBOURBA wrote:
Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood.
Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it?
Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime.
Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!!
Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.
Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead.

It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.
It is the difference between the words of praise and respect for our police force that were said in the House, and the bad-mouthing they received from Mitchell.

It is said that Actions speak louder than words, but in this case the Action included the words.
[quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TEBOURBA[/bold] wrote: Arrogant, ignorant, privileged, supposedly well educated, Mr Mitchell Government Chief Whip, or should that be Twit , insulted and swore at police officer stationed in Downing Street days after 2 police women were shot dead in cold blood. Shoong says Mitchell lost his temper, just because he was directed to another gate --- that makes it alright then, does it? Try telling that to the grieving families and colleagues of the two young women cut down in their prime. Mitchell should have the decency to resign and if he doesn't then Cameron should sack him today!! Not to do so makes Cameron complicit in the whole disgusting episode.[/p][/quote]Sorry, I fail to see giving some police officers some lip somehow quantifies in anyway to 2 police officers being shot dead. It's more distasteful perhaps using the murder of those police officers to try and score political points. Shame on you.[/p][/quote]It is the difference between the words of praise and respect for our police force that were said in the House, and the bad-mouthing they received from Mitchell. It is said that Actions speak louder than words, but in this case the Action included the words. Linesman
  • Score: 0

8:58am Tue 25 Sep 12

Facewagon says...

Neilus wrote:
redsnapper wrote:
SotonLad wrote:
Yobish behaviour - blame the parents. A severe lack of parental control and discipline is one of main reasons for the appalling behaviour these days.

The police are limited by their powers and there own bosses - cant chase motorbikes in case the little **** riding it falls off and hurts himself.

Until these things change the police will always be on the back foot.
Spot on SotonLad

Dumb sh&t parents bring up dumb sh&t offspring.
The do gooders have a lot to answer for. you can't smack kids anymore, the cane at school was banned, the police can't touch the louts, any discipline has gone out the window, you want to see it on a Friday night at sainsburys lordshill, yobs running wild. a sad state of affairs!!!
I love this line of reasoning - so you can only raise a child to be a respectful member of society by beating it? Nice one.
[quote][p][bold]Neilus[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redsnapper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SotonLad[/bold] wrote: Yobish behaviour - blame the parents. A severe lack of parental control and discipline is one of main reasons for the appalling behaviour these days. The police are limited by their powers and there own bosses - cant chase motorbikes in case the little **** riding it falls off and hurts himself. Until these things change the police will always be on the back foot.[/p][/quote]Spot on SotonLad Dumb sh&t parents bring up dumb sh&t offspring.[/p][/quote]The do gooders have a lot to answer for. you can't smack kids anymore, the cane at school was banned, the police can't touch the louts, any discipline has gone out the window, you want to see it on a Friday night at sainsburys lordshill, yobs running wild. a sad state of affairs!!![/p][/quote]I love this line of reasoning - so you can only raise a child to be a respectful member of society by beating it? Nice one. Facewagon
  • Score: 0

12:33pm Tue 25 Sep 12

snapperdownunder says...

Would like them to name the places and streets where this happens. I wouldn't want to live in Rothschild Close again. I wonder who copping the abuse now.
Would like them to name the places and streets where this happens. I wouldn't want to live in Rothschild Close again. I wonder who copping the abuse now. snapperdownunder
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree