Chandler's Ford man Malcolm Robinson died as result of industrial disease, inquest told

First published in Eastleigh

A CHANDLER’S Ford man died as result of industrial disease, a coroner’s inquest has heard.

Malcolm Robinson, who was 70 years old at the time of his death at Countess Mountbatten House, had worked at the Pirelli- General Cable Works in Eastleigh during the 1960s and was exposed to asbestos dust on a regular basis.

Central Hampshire assistant deputy coroner Sarah Whitby, said: “I am certain from looking at the postmortem that I can record a verdict that Malcolm Robinson died of industrial disease as a result of asbestos exposure.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree