When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Firefighters called to put out candle at restaurant in Ringwood
9:19am Thursday 5th December 2013 in New Forest
SIX firefighters raced to a Hampshire restaurant and climbed through an open first storey window... to snuff out a candle.
A passer-by dialled 999 after seeing a flickering candle left alight in Al Trullo, on Christchurch Road, Ringwood.
Restaurant manager Vinnie Kurti said: “We forgot to blow out one candle, which is easily done, but fortunately a passer-by saw it through the window and rang the fire brigade.
“We didn’t know anything about it until the following day when a fireman came in and explained what had happened.”
The emergency response by the fire service cost £292.
Comments are closed on this article.