Arson investigation underway after derelict pub blaze

The Park Hotel in Shirley Road

The Park Hotel in Shirley Road before it closed

First published in Southampton Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Senior Features Writer

ARSONISTS are believed to be behind a blaze at a Southampton pub early this morning.

Firefighters were called to the now derelict Park Hotel Pub, in Shirley Road, Freemantle at 4.30am.

Crews from both Redbridge and St Mary’s took two hours to fight the fire.

They had to use specialist cutting equipment to get into the boarded-up pub.

They were called by a member of the public.

Smoke was seen drifting across Shirley High Street in the early hours.

It is thought an arsonist broke into the pub to set fire to the ground floor.

Today fire investigators and police will carry out enquiries at the scene.

The pub has been closed for redevelopment.

Anyone with information should contact Hampshire police on 101.

Comments (37)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:57am Fri 22 Jun 12

SOULJACKER says...

Well, here we go again, same ole same ole....

Anyone wanna build another horrible block of flats then :D
Well, here we go again, same ole same ole.... Anyone wanna build another horrible block of flats then :D SOULJACKER
  • Score: 0

9:57am Fri 22 Jun 12

freefinker says...

.. deja vu
.. deja vu freefinker
  • Score: 0

10:29am Fri 22 Jun 12

peedoff says...

Nice to see that the Veritas Veritech Alarm system worked well and gave them prior warning that someone was in the building before they could do any damage....Not!
Nice to see that the Veritas Veritech Alarm system worked well and gave them prior warning that someone was in the building before they could do any damage....Not! peedoff
  • Score: 0

10:36am Fri 22 Jun 12

loosehead says...

Listed building? no problem FIRE can we build our pokey flats now?
Make the owners restore the fire damaged building as surely it was down to them to make sure this building was secure where were the security measures?
Or was this a blessing in disguise for the developers?
It's about time the planners stopped developers building what they want after a surprise,surprise FIRE which benefits their planning bid?
Listed building? no problem FIRE can we build our pokey flats now? Make the owners restore the fire damaged building as surely it was down to them to make sure this building was secure where were the security measures? Or was this a blessing in disguise for the developers? It's about time the planners stopped developers building what they want after a surprise,surprise FIRE which benefits their planning bid? loosehead
  • Score: 0

10:41am Fri 22 Jun 12

-stiv- says...

loosehead wrote:
Listed building? no problem FIRE can we build our pokey flats now?
Make the owners restore the fire damaged building as surely it was down to them to make sure this building was secure where were the security measures?
Or was this a blessing in disguise for the developers?
It's about time the planners stopped developers building what they want after a surprise,surprise FIRE which benefits their planning bid?
I think the city has more of a brown envelope based planning application process.

It's always been terrible here. Just look at the story the city tells through its buildings.
[quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: Listed building? no problem FIRE can we build our pokey flats now? Make the owners restore the fire damaged building as surely it was down to them to make sure this building was secure where were the security measures? Or was this a blessing in disguise for the developers? It's about time the planners stopped developers building what they want after a surprise,surprise FIRE which benefits their planning bid?[/p][/quote]I think the city has more of a brown envelope based planning application process. It's always been terrible here. Just look at the story the city tells through its buildings. -stiv-
  • Score: 0

10:43am Fri 22 Jun 12

seany1966 says...

New Polska residential spot me thinks......
New Polska residential spot me thinks...... seany1966
  • Score: 0

11:05am Fri 22 Jun 12

Smart Bomb says...

I don't wish to interfere with a good story but I have just driven past there and it is still there, looking just as tired and shabby as it ever did. Are you sure you have the right pub?

@loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo.
I don't wish to interfere with a good story but I have just driven past there and it is still there, looking just as tired and shabby as it ever did. Are you sure you have the right pub? @loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo. Smart Bomb
  • Score: 0

11:11am Fri 22 Jun 12

bazzeroz says...

Smart Bomb wrote:
I don't wish to interfere with a good story but I have just driven past there and it is still there, looking just as tired and shabby as it ever did. Are you sure you have the right pub?

@loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo.
@loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo.
I'll get my guitar!
[quote][p][bold]Smart Bomb[/bold] wrote: I don't wish to interfere with a good story but I have just driven past there and it is still there, looking just as tired and shabby as it ever did. Are you sure you have the right pub? @loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo.[/p][/quote]@loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo. I'll get my guitar! bazzeroz
  • Score: 0

11:18am Fri 22 Jun 12

shirley-bill says...

The pub closed about a year ago and Orchard Homes who now own it have just left it to rot . The fire service should send the bill to Orchard Homes.
The pub closed about a year ago and Orchard Homes who now own it have just left it to rot . The fire service should send the bill to Orchard Homes. shirley-bill
  • Score: 0

11:32am Fri 22 Jun 12

Smart Bomb says...

http://www.southampt
on.gov.uk/Images/Lis
ted%20Buildings%20in
%20Southampton%20-%2
0List_tcm46-161808.p
df

LOL, perhaps it is Listed elsewhere, eh?
http://www.southampt on.gov.uk/Images/Lis ted%20Buildings%20in %20Southampton%20-%2 0List_tcm46-161808.p df LOL, perhaps it is Listed elsewhere, eh? Smart Bomb
  • Score: 0

11:46am Fri 22 Jun 12

Icklelady says...

Orchard homes own the building? They'll be flats in no time. Convienient, eh?
Orchard homes own the building? They'll be flats in no time. Convienient, eh? Icklelady
  • Score: 0

11:53am Fri 22 Jun 12

George4th says...

I think the many cynics are being a bit unfair on Orchard Homes when the said company is building 96 affordable homes only 500 metres away in Shirley Road!
I think the many cynics are being a bit unfair on Orchard Homes when the said company is building 96 affordable homes only 500 metres away in Shirley Road! George4th
  • Score: 0

12:18pm Fri 22 Jun 12

lewis99 says...

shirley-bill wrote:
The pub closed about a year ago and Orchard Homes who now own it have just left it to rot . The fire service should send the bill to Orchard Homes.
The pub closed more than a year ago, more like 3 years. Its an eyesore at the moment. My guess is it'll be turned into a Tesco Express same as the Woodman or a Co Op same as the Anchor and hope, external building stays the same, just interior revamped!!
[quote][p][bold]shirley-bill[/bold] wrote: The pub closed about a year ago and Orchard Homes who now own it have just left it to rot . The fire service should send the bill to Orchard Homes.[/p][/quote]The pub closed more than a year ago, more like 3 years. Its an eyesore at the moment. My guess is it'll be turned into a Tesco Express same as the Woodman or a Co Op same as the Anchor and hope, external building stays the same, just interior revamped!! lewis99
  • Score: 0

12:18pm Fri 22 Jun 12

voicein the croud says...

George4th wrote:
I think the many cynics are being a bit unfair on Orchard Homes when the said company is building 96 affordable homes only 500 metres away in Shirley Road!
Bully for them. The day a developer builds out of the goodness of his heart ILL eat my hat.
Developers have been the demise of our country.
AFFORDABLE FOR WHO???
ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS????
NOT NATIVES !!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]George4th[/bold] wrote: I think the many cynics are being a bit unfair on Orchard Homes when the said company is building 96 affordable homes only 500 metres away in Shirley Road![/p][/quote]Bully for them. The day a developer builds out of the goodness of his heart ILL eat my hat. Developers have been the demise of our country. AFFORDABLE FOR WHO??? ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS???? NOT NATIVES !!!!!!! voicein the croud
  • Score: 0

12:37pm Fri 22 Jun 12

eurogordi says...

An arsonist ... or a developer?!!
An arsonist ... or a developer?!! eurogordi
  • Score: 0

12:46pm Fri 22 Jun 12

D.a.v.e says...

"Smoke was seen drifting across Shirley High Street in the early hours."

Crikey did it drift invisibly up Shirley Rd before settling nearly half a mile away to cross?
"Smoke was seen drifting across Shirley High Street in the early hours." Crikey did it drift invisibly up Shirley Rd before settling nearly half a mile away to cross? D.a.v.e
  • Score: 0

12:53pm Fri 22 Jun 12

flatulence hero says...

bazzeroz wrote:
Smart Bomb wrote:
I don't wish to interfere with a good story but I have just driven past there and it is still there, looking just as tired and shabby as it ever did. Are you sure you have the right pub?

@loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo.
@loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo.
I'll get my guitar!
Need a drummer chaps?
[quote][p][bold]bazzeroz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Smart Bomb[/bold] wrote: I don't wish to interfere with a good story but I have just driven past there and it is still there, looking just as tired and shabby as it ever did. Are you sure you have the right pub? @loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo.[/p][/quote]@loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo. I'll get my guitar![/p][/quote]Need a drummer chaps? flatulence hero
  • Score: 0

1:14pm Fri 22 Jun 12

Mavis Barlow says...

flatulence hero wrote:
bazzeroz wrote:
Smart Bomb wrote:
I don't wish to interfere with a good story but I have just driven past there and it is still there, looking just as tired and shabby as it ever did. Are you sure you have the right pub?

@loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo.
@loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo.
I'll get my guitar!
Need a drummer chaps?
Count me in, I blow a mean trumpet!
[quote][p][bold]flatulence hero[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bazzeroz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Smart Bomb[/bold] wrote: I don't wish to interfere with a good story but I have just driven past there and it is still there, looking just as tired and shabby as it ever did. Are you sure you have the right pub? @loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo.[/p][/quote]@loosehead - if that is a listed building, my arse is a banjo. I'll get my guitar![/p][/quote]Need a drummer chaps?[/p][/quote]Count me in, I blow a mean trumpet! Mavis Barlow
  • Score: 0

1:45pm Fri 22 Jun 12

peedoff says...

"They had to use specialist cutting equipment to get into the boarded-up pub."

So the Arsonist must of got in got past the veritech alarm then reboarded it up behind himself.

Hmm Sounds very much like an inside job to me.

There will definately be a block of flats going up there now.
"They had to use specialist cutting equipment to get into the boarded-up pub." So the Arsonist must of got in got past the veritech alarm then reboarded it up behind himself. Hmm Sounds very much like an inside job to me. There will definately be a block of flats going up there now. peedoff
  • Score: 0

2:42pm Fri 22 Jun 12

sarfhamton says...

voicein the croud wrote:
George4th wrote: I think the many cynics are being a bit unfair on Orchard Homes when the said company is building 96 affordable homes only 500 metres away in Shirley Road!
Bully for them. The day a developer builds out of the goodness of his heart ILL eat my hat. Developers have been the demise of our country. AFFORDABLE FOR WHO??? ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS???? NOT NATIVES !!!!!!!
1) If you are an Illegal Imigrant then you can't buy a flat.

2) Natives? Not many Old Britons round here. The Roman came nearly 2000 years ago, then the Saxon, Normans etc.

Pubs are closing because its cheaper to drink at home and people need homes.

That said this spate of pub based arson is getting an issue.
[quote][p][bold]voicein the croud[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]George4th[/bold] wrote: I think the many cynics are being a bit unfair on Orchard Homes when the said company is building 96 affordable homes only 500 metres away in Shirley Road![/p][/quote]Bully for them. The day a developer builds out of the goodness of his heart ILL eat my hat. Developers have been the demise of our country. AFFORDABLE FOR WHO??? ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS???? NOT NATIVES !!!!!!![/p][/quote]1) If you are an Illegal Imigrant then you can't buy a flat. 2) Natives? Not many Old Britons round here. The Roman came nearly 2000 years ago, then the Saxon, Normans etc. Pubs are closing because its cheaper to drink at home and people need homes. That said this spate of pub based arson is getting an issue. sarfhamton
  • Score: 0

3:10pm Fri 22 Jun 12

loosehead says...

Raise tax on supermarket alcohol & lower tax in pubs & get the older responsible drinkers back into the pubs & maybe not so many will shut.
Do any of you remember the Silhouette night club in St Michael's square?
night club shuts owner wanted to convert it.listed building status so he can't next thing there's a fire?
I wonder when the pub at the bottom of Romsey rd ,Winchester rd goes the same way?
Raise tax on supermarket alcohol & lower tax in pubs & get the older responsible drinkers back into the pubs & maybe not so many will shut. Do any of you remember the Silhouette night club in St Michael's square? night club shuts owner wanted to convert it.listed building status so he can't next thing there's a fire? I wonder when the pub at the bottom of Romsey rd ,Winchester rd goes the same way? loosehead
  • Score: 0

3:13pm Fri 22 Jun 12

loosehead says...

sarfhamton wrote:
voicein the croud wrote:
George4th wrote: I think the many cynics are being a bit unfair on Orchard Homes when the said company is building 96 affordable homes only 500 metres away in Shirley Road!
Bully for them. The day a developer builds out of the goodness of his heart ILL eat my hat. Developers have been the demise of our country. AFFORDABLE FOR WHO??? ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS???? NOT NATIVES !!!!!!!
1) If you are an Illegal Imigrant then you can't buy a flat.

2) Natives? Not many Old Britons round here. The Roman came nearly 2000 years ago, then the Saxon, Normans etc.

Pubs are closing because its cheaper to drink at home and people need homes.

That said this spate of pub based arson is getting an issue.
I know of a lady who was allowed the right to reside as she was married to a Brit.they divorced she got a mortgage buys a flat marry's some one from her own country living here as a student now he's a British Citizen?not bad for an illegal.
[quote][p][bold]sarfhamton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]voicein the croud[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]George4th[/bold] wrote: I think the many cynics are being a bit unfair on Orchard Homes when the said company is building 96 affordable homes only 500 metres away in Shirley Road![/p][/quote]Bully for them. The day a developer builds out of the goodness of his heart ILL eat my hat. Developers have been the demise of our country. AFFORDABLE FOR WHO??? ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS???? NOT NATIVES !!!!!!![/p][/quote]1) If you are an Illegal Imigrant then you can't buy a flat. 2) Natives? Not many Old Britons round here. The Roman came nearly 2000 years ago, then the Saxon, Normans etc. Pubs are closing because its cheaper to drink at home and people need homes. That said this spate of pub based arson is getting an issue.[/p][/quote]I know of a lady who was allowed the right to reside as she was married to a Brit.they divorced she got a mortgage buys a flat marry's some one from her own country living here as a student now he's a British Citizen?not bad for an illegal. loosehead
  • Score: 0

3:26pm Fri 22 Jun 12

sarfhamton says...

loosehead wrote:
sarfhamton wrote:
voicein the croud wrote:
George4th wrote: I think the many cynics are being a bit unfair on Orchard Homes when the said company is building 96 affordable homes only 500 metres away in Shirley Road!
Bully for them. The day a developer builds out of the goodness of his heart ILL eat my hat. Developers have been the demise of our country. AFFORDABLE FOR WHO??? ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS???? NOT NATIVES !!!!!!!
1) If you are an Illegal Imigrant then you can't buy a flat. 2) Natives? Not many Old Britons round here. The Roman came nearly 2000 years ago, then the Saxon, Normans etc. Pubs are closing because its cheaper to drink at home and people need homes. That said this spate of pub based arson is getting an issue.
I know of a lady who was allowed the right to reside as she was married to a Brit.they divorced she got a mortgage buys a flat marry's some one from her own country living here as a student now he's a British Citizen?not bad for an illegal.
Then thats not illegal then is it?
[quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarfhamton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]voicein the croud[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]George4th[/bold] wrote: I think the many cynics are being a bit unfair on Orchard Homes when the said company is building 96 affordable homes only 500 metres away in Shirley Road![/p][/quote]Bully for them. The day a developer builds out of the goodness of his heart ILL eat my hat. Developers have been the demise of our country. AFFORDABLE FOR WHO??? ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS???? NOT NATIVES !!!!!!![/p][/quote]1) If you are an Illegal Imigrant then you can't buy a flat. 2) Natives? Not many Old Britons round here. The Roman came nearly 2000 years ago, then the Saxon, Normans etc. Pubs are closing because its cheaper to drink at home and people need homes. That said this spate of pub based arson is getting an issue.[/p][/quote]I know of a lady who was allowed the right to reside as she was married to a Brit.they divorced she got a mortgage buys a flat marry's some one from her own country living here as a student now he's a British Citizen?not bad for an illegal.[/p][/quote]Then thats not illegal then is it? sarfhamton
  • Score: 0

3:37pm Fri 22 Jun 12

loosehead says...

sarfhamton wrote:
loosehead wrote:
sarfhamton wrote:
voicein the croud wrote:
George4th wrote: I think the many cynics are being a bit unfair on Orchard Homes when the said company is building 96 affordable homes only 500 metres away in Shirley Road!
Bully for them. The day a developer builds out of the goodness of his heart ILL eat my hat. Developers have been the demise of our country. AFFORDABLE FOR WHO??? ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS???? NOT NATIVES !!!!!!!
1) If you are an Illegal Imigrant then you can't buy a flat. 2) Natives? Not many Old Britons round here. The Roman came nearly 2000 years ago, then the Saxon, Normans etc. Pubs are closing because its cheaper to drink at home and people need homes. That said this spate of pub based arson is getting an issue.
I know of a lady who was allowed the right to reside as she was married to a Brit.they divorced she got a mortgage buys a flat marry's some one from her own country living here as a student now he's a British Citizen?not bad for an illegal.
Then thats not illegal then is it?
He was an illegal but under Labour they allowed an amnesty so he some how was no longer an illegal?
Thailand his country would have either imprisoned us or evicted us from their country.
long stay tourists never becoming citizens being able to have your visa being rejected at any time no matter the fact you've married a Thai & have children born in Thailand.
[quote][p][bold]sarfhamton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarfhamton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]voicein the croud[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]George4th[/bold] wrote: I think the many cynics are being a bit unfair on Orchard Homes when the said company is building 96 affordable homes only 500 metres away in Shirley Road![/p][/quote]Bully for them. The day a developer builds out of the goodness of his heart ILL eat my hat. Developers have been the demise of our country. AFFORDABLE FOR WHO??? ILLEGAL IMIGRANTS???? NOT NATIVES !!!!!!![/p][/quote]1) If you are an Illegal Imigrant then you can't buy a flat. 2) Natives? Not many Old Britons round here. The Roman came nearly 2000 years ago, then the Saxon, Normans etc. Pubs are closing because its cheaper to drink at home and people need homes. That said this spate of pub based arson is getting an issue.[/p][/quote]I know of a lady who was allowed the right to reside as she was married to a Brit.they divorced she got a mortgage buys a flat marry's some one from her own country living here as a student now he's a British Citizen?not bad for an illegal.[/p][/quote]Then thats not illegal then is it?[/p][/quote]He was an illegal but under Labour they allowed an amnesty so he some how was no longer an illegal? Thailand his country would have either imprisoned us or evicted us from their country. long stay tourists never becoming citizens being able to have your visa being rejected at any time no matter the fact you've married a Thai & have children born in Thailand. loosehead
  • Score: 0

5:03pm Fri 22 Jun 12

Fatty x Ford Worker says...

OH DO HURRY UP ABDUL GOT 40 IN THERE!
OH DO HURRY UP ABDUL GOT 40 IN THERE! Fatty x Ford Worker
  • Score: 0

5:09pm Fri 22 Jun 12

Redondo Saint says...

Tony Blair changed the rules as he thought immigrants granted UK citizenship would likely vote labour.
FACT.
Tony Blair changed the rules as he thought immigrants granted UK citizenship would likely vote labour. FACT. Redondo Saint
  • Score: 0

5:19pm Fri 22 Jun 12

IronLady2010 says...

Redondo Saint wrote:
Tony Blair changed the rules as he thought immigrants granted UK citizenship would likely vote labour.
FACT.
When you say fact, this means you can back it up with documentary evidence. Link please.
[quote][p][bold]Redondo Saint[/bold] wrote: Tony Blair changed the rules as he thought immigrants granted UK citizenship would likely vote labour. FACT.[/p][/quote]When you say fact, this means you can back it up with documentary evidence. Link please. IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

5:46pm Fri 22 Jun 12

Redondo Saint says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
Redondo Saint wrote:
Tony Blair changed the rules as he thought immigrants granted UK citizenship would likely vote labour.
FACT.
When you say fact, this means you can back it up with documentary evidence. Link please.
Do the research yourself. It's out there.
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Redondo Saint[/bold] wrote: Tony Blair changed the rules as he thought immigrants granted UK citizenship would likely vote labour. FACT.[/p][/quote]When you say fact, this means you can back it up with documentary evidence. Link please.[/p][/quote]Do the research yourself. It's out there. Redondo Saint
  • Score: 0

5:48pm Fri 22 Jun 12

IronLady2010 says...

Redondo Saint wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
Redondo Saint wrote:
Tony Blair changed the rules as he thought immigrants granted UK citizenship would likely vote labour.
FACT.
When you say fact, this means you can back it up with documentary evidence. Link please.
Do the research yourself. It's out there.
You sound like Southy lol x
[quote][p][bold]Redondo Saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Redondo Saint[/bold] wrote: Tony Blair changed the rules as he thought immigrants granted UK citizenship would likely vote labour. FACT.[/p][/quote]When you say fact, this means you can back it up with documentary evidence. Link please.[/p][/quote]Do the research yourself. It's out there.[/p][/quote]You sound like Southy lol x IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

6:13pm Fri 22 Jun 12

Ferrick says...

These property developing companies with absolutely no interest in running pubs must be terrible businessmen but very lucky businessmen.
They buy a local listed pub as a going concern...overnight the business suddenly becomes 'Nonviable' as the landlords are extorted out and then the boards go up on the place for a year or two.
Seems every business they touch fails....fortunately they still manage to make make a lot of cash.
It would appear that they are such hapless businessmen that I know of one historic local pub that lost its health and safety licence after the new property development company that took over wouldn't shell out 150 quid for a new window...despite months of leniency and time from the council. Of course you cant have the public in without the proper licencing. It was a listed building and with many generations of the local community using it. Now its boarded up and planning permission has been granted.
These property developing companies with absolutely no interest in running pubs must be terrible businessmen but very lucky businessmen. They buy a local listed pub as a going concern...overnight the business suddenly becomes 'Nonviable' as the landlords are extorted out and then the boards go up on the place for a year or two. Seems every business they touch fails....fortunately they still manage to make make a lot of cash. It would appear that they are such hapless businessmen that I know of one historic local pub that lost its health and safety licence after the new property development company that took over wouldn't shell out 150 quid for a new window...despite months of leniency and time from the council. Of course you cant have the public in without the proper licencing. It was a listed building and with many generations of the local community using it. Now its boarded up and planning permission has been granted. Ferrick
  • Score: 0

9:11pm Fri 22 Jun 12

loosehead says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
Redondo Saint wrote:
Tony Blair changed the rules as he thought immigrants granted UK citizenship would likely vote labour.
FACT.
When you say fact, this means you can back it up with documentary evidence. Link please.
Did you hear Ed Millibands confession on Labours Immigration policies?
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Redondo Saint[/bold] wrote: Tony Blair changed the rules as he thought immigrants granted UK citizenship would likely vote labour. FACT.[/p][/quote]When you say fact, this means you can back it up with documentary evidence. Link please.[/p][/quote]Did you hear Ed Millibands confession on Labours Immigration policies? loosehead
  • Score: 0

9:49pm Fri 22 Jun 12

IronLady2010 says...

loosehead wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
Redondo Saint wrote:
Tony Blair changed the rules as he thought immigrants granted UK citizenship would likely vote labour.
FACT.
When you say fact, this means you can back it up with documentary evidence. Link please.
Did you hear Ed Millibands confession on Labours Immigration policies?
I don't pay any attention to Millie, what he says goes in one ear and out the other.

He doesn't know his ar*e from his elbow.
[quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Redondo Saint[/bold] wrote: Tony Blair changed the rules as he thought immigrants granted UK citizenship would likely vote labour. FACT.[/p][/quote]When you say fact, this means you can back it up with documentary evidence. Link please.[/p][/quote]Did you hear Ed Millibands confession on Labours Immigration policies?[/p][/quote]I don't pay any attention to Millie, what he says goes in one ear and out the other. He doesn't know his ar*e from his elbow. IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

10:08pm Fri 22 Jun 12

bigal007 says...

seany1966 wrote:
New Polska residential spot me thinks......
lol very good
[quote][p][bold]seany1966[/bold] wrote: New Polska residential spot me thinks......[/p][/quote]lol very good bigal007
  • Score: 0

8:42am Sun 24 Jun 12

sarfhamton says...

Why do all the racists use every story to have a go at people who have chosen Southampton to make their home.

As a settlers in a port city they are following a proud lineage going back to the Romans.

Get over it.
Why do all the racists use every story to have a go at people who have chosen Southampton to make their home. As a settlers in a port city they are following a proud lineage going back to the Romans. Get over it. sarfhamton
  • Score: 0

11:32am Sun 24 Jun 12

loosehead says...

sarfhamton wrote:
Why do all the racists use every story to have a go at people who have chosen Southampton to make their home.

As a settlers in a port city they are following a proud lineage going back to the Romans.

Get over it.
Why do people like you automatically label people racists?
We have 3million+ Eastern Europeans we have God knows how many Africans legal or illegal in this country plus many many from elsewhere.
No other country in this world would accept this level of immigration do you brand all of them Racist?
Thailand loves you money but you have no rights & your only tolerated as a long stay tourist.
To ask for a level playing field doesn't automatically make you a Racist.
I remember a woman saying she only went out with Black men I refused to serve her as she was a racist she said no I'm not I go out with blackmen?
I said your going by the colour of the persons skin not by the person themselves that makes you colour prejudiced.she couldn't get it through her head that's the meaning of racism.
Not being proud of your country.not saying enough's enough stop immigration now.
let's get our jobless figures down to as near to zero as possible & then & only then will we consider more immigrants.
Please don't tell me people from Zimbabwe are justifiable refugee/asylum seekers as I know what the law on asylum states & it's not coming thousands of miles across safe countries to a cash cow called Britain
[quote][p][bold]sarfhamton[/bold] wrote: Why do all the racists use every story to have a go at people who have chosen Southampton to make their home. As a settlers in a port city they are following a proud lineage going back to the Romans. Get over it.[/p][/quote]Why do people like you automatically label people racists? We have 3million+ Eastern Europeans we have God knows how many Africans legal or illegal in this country plus many many from elsewhere. No other country in this world would accept this level of immigration do you brand all of them Racist? Thailand loves you money but you have no rights & your only tolerated as a long stay tourist. To ask for a level playing field doesn't automatically make you a Racist. I remember a woman saying she only went out with Black men I refused to serve her as she was a racist she said no I'm not I go out with blackmen? I said your going by the colour of the persons skin not by the person themselves that makes you colour prejudiced.she couldn't get it through her head that's the meaning of racism. Not being proud of your country.not saying enough's enough stop immigration now. let's get our jobless figures down to as near to zero as possible & then & only then will we consider more immigrants. Please don't tell me people from Zimbabwe are justifiable refugee/asylum seekers as I know what the law on asylum states & it's not coming thousands of miles across safe countries to a cash cow called Britain loosehead
  • Score: 0

2:44pm Sun 24 Jun 12

sarfhamton says...

loosehead wrote:
sarfhamton wrote:
Why do all the racists use every story to have a go at people who have chosen Southampton to make their home.

As a settlers in a port city they are following a proud lineage going back to the Romans.

Get over it.
Why do people like you automatically label people racists?
We have 3million+ Eastern Europeans we have God knows how many Africans legal or illegal in this country plus many many from elsewhere.
No other country in this world would accept this level of immigration do you brand all of them Racist?
Thailand loves you money but you have no rights & your only tolerated as a long stay tourist.
To ask for a level playing field doesn't automatically make you a Racist.
I remember a woman saying she only went out with Black men I refused to serve her as she was a racist she said no I'm not I go out with blackmen?
I said your going by the colour of the persons skin not by the person themselves that makes you colour prejudiced.she couldn't get it through her head that's the meaning of racism.
Not being proud of your country.not saying enough's enough stop immigration now.
let's get our jobless figures down to as near to zero as possible & then & only then will we consider more immigrants.
Please don't tell me people from Zimbabwe are justifiable refugee/asylum seekers as I know what the law on asylum states & it's not coming thousands of miles across safe countries to a cash cow called Britain
what I am saying is that using every story on this site to talk about immigration makes me think that there is a racial motive.

I also trying to say how can we take a position on immigration when non of us are purely British.

This story is about a Pub burning down, one of dozens in the last few years. I think the comments about Polish people and illegal immigrants are not relevant here.
[quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarfhamton[/bold] wrote: Why do all the racists use every story to have a go at people who have chosen Southampton to make their home. As a settlers in a port city they are following a proud lineage going back to the Romans. Get over it.[/p][/quote]Why do people like you automatically label people racists? We have 3million+ Eastern Europeans we have God knows how many Africans legal or illegal in this country plus many many from elsewhere. No other country in this world would accept this level of immigration do you brand all of them Racist? Thailand loves you money but you have no rights & your only tolerated as a long stay tourist. To ask for a level playing field doesn't automatically make you a Racist. I remember a woman saying she only went out with Black men I refused to serve her as she was a racist she said no I'm not I go out with blackmen? I said your going by the colour of the persons skin not by the person themselves that makes you colour prejudiced.she couldn't get it through her head that's the meaning of racism. Not being proud of your country.not saying enough's enough stop immigration now. let's get our jobless figures down to as near to zero as possible & then & only then will we consider more immigrants. Please don't tell me people from Zimbabwe are justifiable refugee/asylum seekers as I know what the law on asylum states & it's not coming thousands of miles across safe countries to a cash cow called Britain[/p][/quote]what I am saying is that using every story on this site to talk about immigration makes me think that there is a racial motive. I also trying to say how can we take a position on immigration when non of us are purely British. This story is about a Pub burning down, one of dozens in the last few years. I think the comments about Polish people and illegal immigrants are not relevant here. sarfhamton
  • Score: 0

3:23pm Sun 24 Jun 12

loosehead says...

sarfhamton wrote:
loosehead wrote:
sarfhamton wrote:
Why do all the racists use every story to have a go at people who have chosen Southampton to make their home.

As a settlers in a port city they are following a proud lineage going back to the Romans.

Get over it.
Why do people like you automatically label people racists?
We have 3million+ Eastern Europeans we have God knows how many Africans legal or illegal in this country plus many many from elsewhere.
No other country in this world would accept this level of immigration do you brand all of them Racist?
Thailand loves you money but you have no rights & your only tolerated as a long stay tourist.
To ask for a level playing field doesn't automatically make you a Racist.
I remember a woman saying she only went out with Black men I refused to serve her as she was a racist she said no I'm not I go out with blackmen?
I said your going by the colour of the persons skin not by the person themselves that makes you colour prejudiced.she couldn't get it through her head that's the meaning of racism.
Not being proud of your country.not saying enough's enough stop immigration now.
let's get our jobless figures down to as near to zero as possible & then & only then will we consider more immigrants.
Please don't tell me people from Zimbabwe are justifiable refugee/asylum seekers as I know what the law on asylum states & it's not coming thousands of miles across safe countries to a cash cow called Britain
what I am saying is that using every story on this site to talk about immigration makes me think that there is a racial motive.

I also trying to say how can we take a position on immigration when non of us are purely British.

This story is about a Pub burning down, one of dozens in the last few years. I think the comments about Polish people and illegal immigrants are not relevant here.
Personally I never started the Polish workers housing theme.
I said in my earlier posts this sounds so familiar to other Pubs & listed buildings that something should be done.
Pub gets shut a year later listed status oh! a fire takes place. A pub developers want to bulldoze & put up flats no planning permission is given oh! a fire takes place.
A pub or listed building a developer wants to turn into flats & again no planning permission is given so once again a mystery arsonist breaks in with no visible break in point & sets a fire.
Police & Fire Brigade can't get in unless they remove some of the so called security measures ( the arsonist did somehow?) an alarm didn't go off & it's not suspect?
This was the guist of my original post
[quote][p][bold]sarfhamton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarfhamton[/bold] wrote: Why do all the racists use every story to have a go at people who have chosen Southampton to make their home. As a settlers in a port city they are following a proud lineage going back to the Romans. Get over it.[/p][/quote]Why do people like you automatically label people racists? We have 3million+ Eastern Europeans we have God knows how many Africans legal or illegal in this country plus many many from elsewhere. No other country in this world would accept this level of immigration do you brand all of them Racist? Thailand loves you money but you have no rights & your only tolerated as a long stay tourist. To ask for a level playing field doesn't automatically make you a Racist. I remember a woman saying she only went out with Black men I refused to serve her as she was a racist she said no I'm not I go out with blackmen? I said your going by the colour of the persons skin not by the person themselves that makes you colour prejudiced.she couldn't get it through her head that's the meaning of racism. Not being proud of your country.not saying enough's enough stop immigration now. let's get our jobless figures down to as near to zero as possible & then & only then will we consider more immigrants. Please don't tell me people from Zimbabwe are justifiable refugee/asylum seekers as I know what the law on asylum states & it's not coming thousands of miles across safe countries to a cash cow called Britain[/p][/quote]what I am saying is that using every story on this site to talk about immigration makes me think that there is a racial motive. I also trying to say how can we take a position on immigration when non of us are purely British. This story is about a Pub burning down, one of dozens in the last few years. I think the comments about Polish people and illegal immigrants are not relevant here.[/p][/quote]Personally I never started the Polish workers housing theme. I said in my earlier posts this sounds so familiar to other Pubs & listed buildings that something should be done. Pub gets shut a year later listed status oh! a fire takes place. A pub developers want to bulldoze & put up flats no planning permission is given oh! a fire takes place. A pub or listed building a developer wants to turn into flats & again no planning permission is given so once again a mystery arsonist breaks in with no visible break in point & sets a fire. Police & Fire Brigade can't get in unless they remove some of the so called security measures ( the arsonist did somehow?) an alarm didn't go off & it's not suspect? This was the guist of my original post loosehead
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree