HOMEOWNERS in Southampton are the UK’s greenest according to a survey.
The study which was commissioned by Planitherm Glass revealed that more than three quarters of Southampton residents (just under 80 per cent) are consciously looking to save energy and lower bills. This is 40 per cent higher than Brighton – the second highest scoring city.
The study, which surveyed 2,000 people in Southampton, also revealed that homeowners in the city spend an average of more than £8,000 personalising their houses.
Residential market manager at Planitherm, Craig Dodsworth said: “There are many aspects that go into creating a real home and although it may feel that we all have a seemingly never-ending to do list for the things we hope to improve, homeowners in Southampton are telling us that green is the way to go.”
More environment stories
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist fights for life after four bike crash
- Union calls off rail strike after new pay offer
- SWT 'will cancel all trains' if strike goes ahead
- Crash blocks motorway
- Traffic lights failure causes Southampton traffic delays
- Rail delays due to engineering works
- Crash closes motorway
- New Forest's most deadly roads revealed