HOMEOWNERS in Southampton are the UK’s greenest according to a survey.
The study which was commissioned by Planitherm Glass revealed that more than three quarters of Southampton residents (just under 80 per cent) are consciously looking to save energy and lower bills. This is 40 per cent higher than Brighton – the second highest scoring city.
The study, which surveyed 2,000 people in Southampton, also revealed that homeowners in the city spend an average of more than £8,000 personalising their houses.
Residential market manager at Planitherm, Craig Dodsworth said: “There are many aspects that go into creating a real home and although it may feel that we all have a seemingly never-ending to do list for the things we hope to improve, homeowners in Southampton are telling us that green is the way to go.”
More environment stories
- Car smashes into lamp post on Hampshire road
- Travel chaos in Hampshire as rail conductors strike
- UPDATE: Major road closed after crash between car and motorbike
- Morning delays building on motorway
- UPDATE: Woman trapped as tree crash closes major road
- 45-minute delays after crash on Hampshire A-road
- The Scilly Isles - wonderful views, fantastic beaches, puffins and seals ... and the smallest football league in the world!
- Mainline trains cancelled after electrical fault