Costly legal bill for Southampton City Council in mast row

How the mast would look in situ

How the mast would look in situ

First published in Environment

TAXPAYERS in Southampton face a costly legal bill in a mobile phone mast row after council planners failed to send out a refusal letter in time.

Residents in Bassett have been left “livid” after mobile firm giant Telefonica UK won the right to put up a 12m high, “wood effect” mast outside homes on the corner of Bassett Green Close. It received more than 150 objections.

Southampton City Council said it posted a first-class letter confirming a planning refusal decision within a 56-day deadline and issued stop and enforcement notices when Telefonica started to put up the mast.

But a planning inspector said the council had no proof, such as a recorded delivery, that the refusal notice been received by the phone company within the legal timeline and allowed an appeal, allowing the mast to go up. Telefonica was awarded costs which could run into thousands of pounds.

Barry Smith, chairman of the North East Bassett Residents’ Association, accused the council of “total incompetence”

that had cost taxpayers money.

He said: “Only a village idiot would stick the [refusal] notice in the post these days. These people are meant to be professionals.

!Anywhere else there would be repercussions”

He added his association would be demanding an independent investigation into possible maladministration by the council.

Telefonica said its “base station” was needed to boost local coverage of the higher speed 3G network, following demand from its smartphone and tablet customers. It will be shared by Vodafone and O2.

A spokesman said: “We are pleased that the planning inspector has agreed with us that the council has behaved unreasonably in both serving the stop notice and the enforcement notice. This has denied our customers in Southampton improved mobile phone coverage.”

He added costs were being calculated, and that Southampton University refused an approach to use an alternative site.

A council spokesman said: “The council has taken action to ensure that in future there will be irrefutable written evidence of receipt in relevant cases, to avoid similar disputes.”

Comments (43)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:52pm Tue 7 Aug 12

jimmy.little says...

so is the mast still up?
so is the mast still up? jimmy.little
  • Score: 0

3:23pm Tue 7 Aug 12

G0Rf says...

proof that the council planning dept dont know what they are doing!
proof that the council planning dept dont know what they are doing! G0Rf
  • Score: 0

3:28pm Tue 7 Aug 12

Shoong says...

'Lost in the post...'

Yum.
'Lost in the post...' Yum. Shoong
  • Score: 0

3:33pm Tue 7 Aug 12

Vonnie says...

Can't disagree that Planning Departments in general do not know their backside from their elbow. However, it is Nimbys like those at Bassett who very often cause excess expense with their objections to change. I would be interested to know on what grounds the application was refused in the first place, because other than the 150 Nimbys I cannot see a valid one.
Can't disagree that Planning Departments in general do not know their backside from their elbow. However, it is Nimbys like those at Bassett who very often cause excess expense with their objections to change. I would be interested to know on what grounds the application was refused in the first place, because other than the 150 Nimbys I cannot see a valid one. Vonnie
  • Score: 0

3:39pm Tue 7 Aug 12

loosehead says...

If they use Mobile phones they're being hypocrites.
But why should we the tax payers pay for the planners mistake?
if I never sent payment or I never cancelled a contract in time I would have to cover the cost so why not the planning department workers?
If they use Mobile phones they're being hypocrites. But why should we the tax payers pay for the planners mistake? if I never sent payment or I never cancelled a contract in time I would have to cover the cost so why not the planning department workers? loosehead
  • Score: 0

3:40pm Tue 7 Aug 12

loosehead says...

Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration?
Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration? loosehead
  • Score: 0

4:09pm Tue 7 Aug 12

Inform Al says...

loosehead wrote:
Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration?
What mind?
[quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration?[/p][/quote]What mind? Inform Al
  • Score: 0

4:32pm Tue 7 Aug 12

opera phantom says...

Good old council. Another example that if this shower had been the British Army,
the Argies would have beat seven bells
of S..T out of us
Good old council. Another example that if this shower had been the British Army, the Argies would have beat seven bells of S..T out of us opera phantom
  • Score: 0

5:20pm Tue 7 Aug 12

IronLady2010 says...

Inform Al wrote:
loosehead wrote:
Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration?
What mind?
Loosehead raises a good point. I'm not looking forward to seeing how they will restore the pay as promised without cutting MORE jobs than were needed.

If that's the mast in the picture then it looks like a Telegraph pole, so what is the problem? The next thing is they'll want all the Lamp posts removed as they're standing too tall! People are always whining about something, yet are quick to use the service. Vote with your feet and throw your mobile phone in the bin if it helps.
[quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration?[/p][/quote]What mind?[/p][/quote]Loosehead raises a good point. I'm not looking forward to seeing how they will restore the pay as promised without cutting MORE jobs than were needed. If that's the mast in the picture then it looks like a Telegraph pole, so what is the problem? The next thing is they'll want all the Lamp posts removed as they're standing too tall! People are always whining about something, yet are quick to use the service. Vote with your feet and throw your mobile phone in the bin if it helps. IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

5:25pm Tue 7 Aug 12

Roy S says...

I wonder how much it would have cost to have the letter delivered by hand, ans receipted.

These new mobile services from these masts may well interfere or blank freeview tv. As they transmit on adjacent channels...
I wonder how much it would have cost to have the letter delivered by hand, ans receipted. These new mobile services from these masts may well interfere or blank freeview tv. As they transmit on adjacent channels... Roy S
  • Score: 0

5:30pm Tue 7 Aug 12

IronLady2010 says...

Roy S wrote:
I wonder how much it would have cost to have the letter delivered by hand, ans receipted.

These new mobile services from these masts may well interfere or blank freeview tv. As they transmit on adjacent channels...
It's not a new service, 3G has been around for a while, this is just a booster mast. I believe 4G is coming next year?
[quote][p][bold]Roy S[/bold] wrote: I wonder how much it would have cost to have the letter delivered by hand, ans receipted. These new mobile services from these masts may well interfere or blank freeview tv. As they transmit on adjacent channels...[/p][/quote]It's not a new service, 3G has been around for a while, this is just a booster mast. I believe 4G is coming next year? IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

5:32pm Tue 7 Aug 12

freemantlegirl2 says...

it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;)

However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical!

I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts!
it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;) However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical! I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts! freemantlegirl2
  • Score: 0

5:36pm Tue 7 Aug 12

Shoong says...

freemantlegirl2 wrote:
it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;)

However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical!

I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts!
I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.
[quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;) However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical! I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts![/p][/quote]I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones. Shoong
  • Score: 0

6:52pm Tue 7 Aug 12

nedscrumpo says...

Vonnie wrote:
Can't disagree that Planning Departments in general do not know their backside from their elbow. However, it is Nimbys like those at Bassett who very often cause excess expense with their objections to change. I would be interested to know on what grounds the application was refused in the first place, because other than the 150 Nimbys I cannot see a valid one.
would you want it outside your house?
[quote][p][bold]Vonnie[/bold] wrote: Can't disagree that Planning Departments in general do not know their backside from their elbow. However, it is Nimbys like those at Bassett who very often cause excess expense with their objections to change. I would be interested to know on what grounds the application was refused in the first place, because other than the 150 Nimbys I cannot see a valid one.[/p][/quote]would you want it outside your house? nedscrumpo
  • Score: 0

7:41pm Tue 7 Aug 12

lordshill loyal says...

sounds about right regarding the council.total incompetence.we could of used those thousands of pounds to help keep oaklands swimming pool.SAVE OAKLANDS SWIMMING POOL
sounds about right regarding the council.total incompetence.we could of used those thousands of pounds to help keep oaklands swimming pool.SAVE OAKLANDS SWIMMING POOL lordshill loyal
  • Score: 0

7:48pm Tue 7 Aug 12

sass says...

Why is this negative option even legal? They should have waited to receive approval before proceeding.
Why is this negative option even legal? They should have waited to receive approval before proceeding. sass
  • Score: 0

7:53pm Tue 7 Aug 12

sass says...

Does Telefonica have proof that the letter arrived after the deadline?
Does Telefonica have proof that the letter arrived after the deadline? sass
  • Score: 0

8:29pm Tue 7 Aug 12

elvisimo says...

nedscrumpo wrote:
Vonnie wrote:
Can't disagree that Planning Departments in general do not know their backside from their elbow. However, it is Nimbys like those at Bassett who very often cause excess expense with their objections to change. I would be interested to know on what grounds the application was refused in the first place, because other than the 150 Nimbys I cannot see a valid one.
would you want it outside your house?
Wouldn't mind. Great phone coverage. But then it of course shouldn't be in Bassett, there are many more down market locations that this could be located.

They will hate the new wind turbine though.....
[quote][p][bold]nedscrumpo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Vonnie[/bold] wrote: Can't disagree that Planning Departments in general do not know their backside from their elbow. However, it is Nimbys like those at Bassett who very often cause excess expense with their objections to change. I would be interested to know on what grounds the application was refused in the first place, because other than the 150 Nimbys I cannot see a valid one.[/p][/quote]would you want it outside your house?[/p][/quote]Wouldn't mind. Great phone coverage. But then it of course shouldn't be in Bassett, there are many more down market locations that this could be located. They will hate the new wind turbine though..... elvisimo
  • Score: 0

8:31pm Tue 7 Aug 12

IronLady2010 says...

sass wrote:
Does Telefonica have proof that the letter arrived after the deadline?
The Onus is upon the sender to prove they sent it and the recipient received it. This is why County Court Judgements are a joke as they send a summons via Royal Mail, the recipient then later states they never received it and Judgement is set aside on appeal.
[quote][p][bold]sass[/bold] wrote: Does Telefonica have proof that the letter arrived after the deadline?[/p][/quote]The Onus is upon the sender to prove they sent it and the recipient received it. This is why County Court Judgements are a joke as they send a summons via Royal Mail, the recipient then later states they never received it and Judgement is set aside on appeal. IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

8:35pm Tue 7 Aug 12

forest hump says...

It's a pole, what's the big deal?
It's a pole, what's the big deal? forest hump
  • Score: 0

8:42pm Tue 7 Aug 12

IronLady2010 says...

forest hump wrote:
It's a pole, what's the big deal?
Agreed!
[quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: It's a pole, what's the big deal?[/p][/quote]Agreed! IronLady2010
  • Score: 0

8:50pm Tue 7 Aug 12

Inform Al says...

Shoong wrote:
freemantlegirl2 wrote:
it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;)

However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical!

I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts!
I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.
I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.
[quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;) However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical! I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts![/p][/quote]I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.[/p][/quote]I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process. Inform Al
  • Score: 0

8:53pm Tue 7 Aug 12

elvisimo says...

Inform Al wrote:
Shoong wrote:
freemantlegirl2 wrote:
it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;)

However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical!

I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts!
I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.
I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.
Doesn't sound like they 'perverted' anything. Inept planning department.

Also, I would definitely renew your contract- brilliant signal now.
[quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;) However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical! I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts![/p][/quote]I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.[/p][/quote]I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.[/p][/quote]Doesn't sound like they 'perverted' anything. Inept planning department. Also, I would definitely renew your contract- brilliant signal now. elvisimo
  • Score: 0

9:06pm Tue 7 Aug 12

Inform Al says...

elvisimo wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
Shoong wrote:
freemantlegirl2 wrote:
it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;)

However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical!

I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts!
I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.
I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.
Doesn't sound like they 'perverted' anything. Inept planning department.

Also, I would definitely renew your contract- brilliant signal now.
I'm currently getting better all round coverage on 3, even on Daisy Dip where the council's vodaphones have problems so my decision to not renew my 02 is helped by my very good 3 signal. I do believe that by claiming not to have received the council's letter in time the company has exercised some deceit knowing that the council cannot prove otherwise. Hopefully every local authority in the land will now be aware that they will need to ensure this company cannot cheat again.
[quote][p][bold]elvisimo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;) However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical! I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts![/p][/quote]I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.[/p][/quote]I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.[/p][/quote]Doesn't sound like they 'perverted' anything. Inept planning department. Also, I would definitely renew your contract- brilliant signal now.[/p][/quote]I'm currently getting better all round coverage on 3, even on Daisy Dip where the council's vodaphones have problems so my decision to not renew my 02 is helped by my very good 3 signal. I do believe that by claiming not to have received the council's letter in time the company has exercised some deceit knowing that the council cannot prove otherwise. Hopefully every local authority in the land will now be aware that they will need to ensure this company cannot cheat again. Inform Al
  • Score: 0

9:07pm Tue 7 Aug 12

loosehead says...

Inform Al wrote:
Shoong wrote:
freemantlegirl2 wrote:
it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;)

However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical!

I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts!
I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.
I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.
1/I have a brain that tells me while people like you are in UKIP I will never vote for them as I hate corrupt Parties & in this city UKIP would be politicians haven't got a very good reputation have they?
I know you were found not guilty but they say there's no smoke with out fire so were you guilty?
Why didn't you say anything about the Phone mast that was put up on the 5 acres pavement opposite the roundabout with a new school not far away?
don't the people of Lordshill matter to you hey Alan Keeble?
[quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;) However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical! I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts![/p][/quote]I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.[/p][/quote]I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.[/p][/quote]1/I have a brain that tells me while people like you are in UKIP I will never vote for them as I hate corrupt Parties & in this city UKIP would be politicians haven't got a very good reputation have they? I know you were found not guilty but they say there's no smoke with out fire so were you guilty? Why didn't you say anything about the Phone mast that was put up on the 5 acres pavement opposite the roundabout with a new school not far away? don't the people of Lordshill matter to you hey Alan Keeble? loosehead
  • Score: 0

9:09pm Tue 7 Aug 12

Inform Al says...

loosehead wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
Shoong wrote:
freemantlegirl2 wrote:
it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;)

However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical!

I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts!
I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.
I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.
1/I have a brain that tells me while people like you are in UKIP I will never vote for them as I hate corrupt Parties & in this city UKIP would be politicians haven't got a very good reputation have they?
I know you were found not guilty but they say there's no smoke with out fire so were you guilty?
Why didn't you say anything about the Phone mast that was put up on the 5 acres pavement opposite the roundabout with a new school not far away?
don't the people of Lordshill matter to you hey Alan Keeble?
Sorry, don't argue with cretins, especially when they are totally wrong.
[quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;) However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical! I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts![/p][/quote]I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.[/p][/quote]I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.[/p][/quote]1/I have a brain that tells me while people like you are in UKIP I will never vote for them as I hate corrupt Parties & in this city UKIP would be politicians haven't got a very good reputation have they? I know you were found not guilty but they say there's no smoke with out fire so were you guilty? Why didn't you say anything about the Phone mast that was put up on the 5 acres pavement opposite the roundabout with a new school not far away? don't the people of Lordshill matter to you hey Alan Keeble?[/p][/quote]Sorry, don't argue with cretins, especially when they are totally wrong. Inform Al
  • Score: 0

9:15pm Tue 7 Aug 12

loosehead says...

Inform Al wrote:
loosehead wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
Shoong wrote:
freemantlegirl2 wrote:
it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;)

However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical!

I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts!
I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.
I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.
1/I have a brain that tells me while people like you are in UKIP I will never vote for them as I hate corrupt Parties & in this city UKIP would be politicians haven't got a very good reputation have they?
I know you were found not guilty but they say there's no smoke with out fire so were you guilty?
Why didn't you say anything about the Phone mast that was put up on the 5 acres pavement opposite the roundabout with a new school not far away?
don't the people of Lordshill matter to you hey Alan Keeble?
Sorry, don't argue with cretins, especially when they are totally wrong.
I sometimes wonder what makes little men like you so brave on websites calling people you've never met cretins & telling them they haven't got a brain?
but I've realised it's because it is a website & you can try to be a big man but you're not you're the lowest of the low & I hope UKIP wake up to the fact you haven't got the b+lls to be a man you are a toe rag.
[quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;) However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical! I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts![/p][/quote]I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.[/p][/quote]I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.[/p][/quote]1/I have a brain that tells me while people like you are in UKIP I will never vote for them as I hate corrupt Parties & in this city UKIP would be politicians haven't got a very good reputation have they? I know you were found not guilty but they say there's no smoke with out fire so were you guilty? Why didn't you say anything about the Phone mast that was put up on the 5 acres pavement opposite the roundabout with a new school not far away? don't the people of Lordshill matter to you hey Alan Keeble?[/p][/quote]Sorry, don't argue with cretins, especially when they are totally wrong.[/p][/quote]I sometimes wonder what makes little men like you so brave on websites calling people you've never met cretins & telling them they haven't got a brain? but I've realised it's because it is a website & you can try to be a big man but you're not you're the lowest of the low & I hope UKIP wake up to the fact you haven't got the b+lls to be a man you are a toe rag. loosehead
  • Score: 0

9:23pm Tue 7 Aug 12

Inform Al says...

loosehead wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
loosehead wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
Shoong wrote:
freemantlegirl2 wrote:
it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;)

However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical!

I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts!
I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.
I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.
1/I have a brain that tells me while people like you are in UKIP I will never vote for them as I hate corrupt Parties & in this city UKIP would be politicians haven't got a very good reputation have they?
I know you were found not guilty but they say there's no smoke with out fire so were you guilty?
Why didn't you say anything about the Phone mast that was put up on the 5 acres pavement opposite the roundabout with a new school not far away?
don't the people of Lordshill matter to you hey Alan Keeble?
Sorry, don't argue with cretins, especially when they are totally wrong.
I sometimes wonder what makes little men like you so brave on websites calling people you've never met cretins & telling them they haven't got a brain?
but I've realised it's because it is a website & you can try to be a big man but you're not you're the lowest of the low & I hope UKIP wake up to the fact you haven't got the b+lls to be a man you are a toe rag.
Still not going to argue with a cretin, but if you know so much about me you'll know where I live. Cretin.
[quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;) However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical! I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts![/p][/quote]I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.[/p][/quote]I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.[/p][/quote]1/I have a brain that tells me while people like you are in UKIP I will never vote for them as I hate corrupt Parties & in this city UKIP would be politicians haven't got a very good reputation have they? I know you were found not guilty but they say there's no smoke with out fire so were you guilty? Why didn't you say anything about the Phone mast that was put up on the 5 acres pavement opposite the roundabout with a new school not far away? don't the people of Lordshill matter to you hey Alan Keeble?[/p][/quote]Sorry, don't argue with cretins, especially when they are totally wrong.[/p][/quote]I sometimes wonder what makes little men like you so brave on websites calling people you've never met cretins & telling them they haven't got a brain? but I've realised it's because it is a website & you can try to be a big man but you're not you're the lowest of the low & I hope UKIP wake up to the fact you haven't got the b+lls to be a man you are a toe rag.[/p][/quote]Still not going to argue with a cretin, but if you know so much about me you'll know where I live. Cretin. Inform Al
  • Score: 0

9:34pm Tue 7 Aug 12

loosehead says...

Inform Al wrote:
loosehead wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
loosehead wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
Shoong wrote:
freemantlegirl2 wrote:
it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;)

However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical!

I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts!
I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.
I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.
1/I have a brain that tells me while people like you are in UKIP I will never vote for them as I hate corrupt Parties & in this city UKIP would be politicians haven't got a very good reputation have they?
I know you were found not guilty but they say there's no smoke with out fire so were you guilty?
Why didn't you say anything about the Phone mast that was put up on the 5 acres pavement opposite the roundabout with a new school not far away?
don't the people of Lordshill matter to you hey Alan Keeble?
Sorry, don't argue with cretins, especially when they are totally wrong.
I sometimes wonder what makes little men like you so brave on websites calling people you've never met cretins & telling them they haven't got a brain?
but I've realised it's because it is a website & you can try to be a big man but you're not you're the lowest of the low & I hope UKIP wake up to the fact you haven't got the b+lls to be a man you are a toe rag.
Still not going to argue with a cretin, but if you know so much about me you'll know where I live. Cretin.
What's that an invitation?
If so you should be very careful it might get accepted.
You came on to a site & slagged me down if you noticed I have never blanketed every site about the same subject with the same extracts like Dan is doing.
I'm quite open to debate & more than willing to admit when I'm wrong.
Saw you on telly about Bin men strike or was it a article in this paper but I defended you against critics people who stated & pointed out how corrupt you were but I was judging you on what you were saying.
But surprise,surprise you started to attack me?
I will not take you up on said offer if it was.
but please if you're so confident in yourself try knocking on doors in Lordshill ( channel Island) & ask people to vote for you
[quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;) However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical! I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts![/p][/quote]I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.[/p][/quote]I'm fairly local and will not be renewing my O2 contract now, not because of nimbyism but because I do not agree with the manner that the phone company is perverting the planning process.[/p][/quote]1/I have a brain that tells me while people like you are in UKIP I will never vote for them as I hate corrupt Parties & in this city UKIP would be politicians haven't got a very good reputation have they? I know you were found not guilty but they say there's no smoke with out fire so were you guilty? Why didn't you say anything about the Phone mast that was put up on the 5 acres pavement opposite the roundabout with a new school not far away? don't the people of Lordshill matter to you hey Alan Keeble?[/p][/quote]Sorry, don't argue with cretins, especially when they are totally wrong.[/p][/quote]I sometimes wonder what makes little men like you so brave on websites calling people you've never met cretins & telling them they haven't got a brain? but I've realised it's because it is a website & you can try to be a big man but you're not you're the lowest of the low & I hope UKIP wake up to the fact you haven't got the b+lls to be a man you are a toe rag.[/p][/quote]Still not going to argue with a cretin, but if you know so much about me you'll know where I live. Cretin.[/p][/quote]What's that an invitation? If so you should be very careful it might get accepted. You came on to a site & slagged me down if you noticed I have never blanketed every site about the same subject with the same extracts like Dan is doing. I'm quite open to debate & more than willing to admit when I'm wrong. Saw you on telly about Bin men strike or was it a article in this paper but I defended you against critics people who stated & pointed out how corrupt you were but I was judging you on what you were saying. But surprise,surprise you started to attack me? I will not take you up on said offer if it was. but please if you're so confident in yourself try knocking on doors in Lordshill ( channel Island) & ask people to vote for you loosehead
  • Score: 0

9:36pm Tue 7 Aug 12

loosehead says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
loosehead wrote:
Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration?
What mind?
Loosehead raises a good point. I'm not looking forward to seeing how they will restore the pay as promised without cutting MORE jobs than were needed.

If that's the mast in the picture then it looks like a Telegraph pole, so what is the problem? The next thing is they'll want all the Lamp posts removed as they're standing too tall! People are always whining about something, yet are quick to use the service. Vote with your feet and throw your mobile phone in the bin if it helps.
Ironlady I sometimes would love to meet up with people like this & see exactly what type of person they are.
but I'm a bigger man than them but I sometimes can't help lowering myself to their level. I'm sorry
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration?[/p][/quote]What mind?[/p][/quote]Loosehead raises a good point. I'm not looking forward to seeing how they will restore the pay as promised without cutting MORE jobs than were needed. If that's the mast in the picture then it looks like a Telegraph pole, so what is the problem? The next thing is they'll want all the Lamp posts removed as they're standing too tall! People are always whining about something, yet are quick to use the service. Vote with your feet and throw your mobile phone in the bin if it helps.[/p][/quote]Ironlady I sometimes would love to meet up with people like this & see exactly what type of person they are. but I'm a bigger man than them but I sometimes can't help lowering myself to their level. I'm sorry loosehead
  • Score: 0

9:45pm Tue 7 Aug 12

Inform Al says...

Actually all you've ever said about me is to repeat the lies of a couple of low life slugs who would have been done for an attempt to pervert the course of justice if the police had the manpower to research readily available evidence. That is where your lies come from and the police threw them out as rubbish.. When you start to speak from your own observations there's a chance you may not seem so stupid.
Actually all you've ever said about me is to repeat the lies of a couple of low life slugs who would have been done for an attempt to pervert the course of justice if the police had the manpower to research readily available evidence. That is where your lies come from and the police threw them out as rubbish.. When you start to speak from your own observations there's a chance you may not seem so stupid. Inform Al
  • Score: 0

9:50pm Tue 7 Aug 12

loosehead says...

Inform Al wrote:
Actually all you've ever said about me is to repeat the lies of a couple of low life slugs who would have been done for an attempt to pervert the course of justice if the police had the manpower to research readily available evidence. That is where your lies come from and the police threw them out as rubbish.. When you start to speak from your own observations there's a chance you may not seem so stupid.
Do you mean when I was supporting you on the flats?
[quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: Actually all you've ever said about me is to repeat the lies of a couple of low life slugs who would have been done for an attempt to pervert the course of justice if the police had the manpower to research readily available evidence. That is where your lies come from and the police threw them out as rubbish.. When you start to speak from your own observations there's a chance you may not seem so stupid.[/p][/quote]Do you mean when I was supporting you on the flats? loosehead
  • Score: 0

10:00pm Tue 7 Aug 12

Inform Al says...

loosehead wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
Actually all you've ever said about me is to repeat the lies of a couple of low life slugs who would have been done for an attempt to pervert the course of justice if the police had the manpower to research readily available evidence. That is where your lies come from and the police threw them out as rubbish.. When you start to speak from your own observations there's a chance you may not seem so stupid.
Do you mean when I was supporting you on the flats?
what flats?
[quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: Actually all you've ever said about me is to repeat the lies of a couple of low life slugs who would have been done for an attempt to pervert the course of justice if the police had the manpower to research readily available evidence. That is where your lies come from and the police threw them out as rubbish.. When you start to speak from your own observations there's a chance you may not seem so stupid.[/p][/quote]Do you mean when I was supporting you on the flats?[/p][/quote]what flats? Inform Al
  • Score: 0

10:34pm Tue 7 Aug 12

bazzeroz says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
forest hump wrote:
It's a pole, what's the big deal?
Agreed!
Haven't we got enough of them in this country already?
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: It's a pole, what's the big deal?[/p][/quote]Agreed![/p][/quote]Haven't we got enough of them in this country already? bazzeroz
  • Score: 0

10:38pm Tue 7 Aug 12

Inform Al says...

bazzeroz wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
forest hump wrote:
It's a pole, what's the big deal?
Agreed!
Haven't we got enough of them in this country already?
Chimdobre shen, I do hope you're talking about those long wooden poles.
[quote][p][bold]bazzeroz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: It's a pole, what's the big deal?[/p][/quote]Agreed![/p][/quote]Haven't we got enough of them in this country already?[/p][/quote]Chimdobre shen, I do hope you're talking about those long wooden poles. Inform Al
  • Score: 0

10:31am Wed 8 Aug 12

Georgem says...

Inform Al wrote:
bazzeroz wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
forest hump wrote:
It's a pole, what's the big deal?
Agreed!
Haven't we got enough of them in this country already?
Chimdobre shen, I do hope you're talking about those long wooden poles.
Chimbodre shen??
[quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bazzeroz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: It's a pole, what's the big deal?[/p][/quote]Agreed![/p][/quote]Haven't we got enough of them in this country already?[/p][/quote]Chimdobre shen, I do hope you're talking about those long wooden poles.[/p][/quote]Chimbodre shen?? Georgem
  • Score: 0

10:37am Wed 8 Aug 12

Georgem says...

Shoong wrote:
freemantlegirl2 wrote:
it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;)

However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical!

I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts!
I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.
Local with an O2 phone here.
[quote][p][bold]Shoong[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freemantlegirl2[/bold] wrote: it does look a bit out of context with the area just stuck in like that.... couldn't they have made it look like a tree? ;) However, most councils don't use special or recorded delivery on letters they sent out as the costs would be astronomical! I bet the council don't allow people not to pay their council tax if people haven't allegedly received the bill in time? thought not.... if a letter is on the computer as having been sent out then they should be given the benefit of the doubt. or would you rather thousands and thousands of council money be wasted on recorded delivery every year? it's not practical! I agree though if you don't want phone masts you don't use mobiles..... but surely they could have put it somewhere where it didn't stick out quite as much? compromise has to be the answer here - not Courts![/p][/quote]I'm sure we'd love to see the back of them, it's a nice sentiment but they have to be spread out to give the best coverage? It would be interesting to see how many locals here have O2 'phones.[/p][/quote]Local with an O2 phone here. Georgem
  • Score: 0

11:40am Wed 8 Aug 12

OSPREYSAINT says...

nedscrumpo wrote:
Vonnie wrote:
Can't disagree that Planning Departments in general do not know their backside from their elbow. However, it is Nimbys like those at Bassett who very often cause excess expense with their objections to change. I would be interested to know on what grounds the application was refused in the first place, because other than the 150 Nimbys I cannot see a valid one.
would you want it outside your house?
If they gave me a few quid to have it there, bring it on.
[quote][p][bold]nedscrumpo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Vonnie[/bold] wrote: Can't disagree that Planning Departments in general do not know their backside from their elbow. However, it is Nimbys like those at Bassett who very often cause excess expense with their objections to change. I would be interested to know on what grounds the application was refused in the first place, because other than the 150 Nimbys I cannot see a valid one.[/p][/quote]would you want it outside your house?[/p][/quote]If they gave me a few quid to have it there, bring it on. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

11:44am Wed 8 Aug 12

OSPREYSAINT says...

loosehead wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
loosehead wrote:
Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration?
What mind?
Loosehead raises a good point. I'm not looking forward to seeing how they will restore the pay as promised without cutting MORE jobs than were needed.

If that's the mast in the picture then it looks like a Telegraph pole, so what is the problem? The next thing is they'll want all the Lamp posts removed as they're standing too tall! People are always whining about something, yet are quick to use the service. Vote with your feet and throw your mobile phone in the bin if it helps.
Ironlady I sometimes would love to meet up with people like this & see exactly what type of person they are.
but I'm a bigger man than them but I sometimes can't help lowering myself to their level. I'm sorry
Classic arrogance, you are a bigger man? Been at the MacDonalds again? How do you gauge the levels of these people that you are judging, what parameters are you using?
[quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration?[/p][/quote]What mind?[/p][/quote]Loosehead raises a good point. I'm not looking forward to seeing how they will restore the pay as promised without cutting MORE jobs than were needed. If that's the mast in the picture then it looks like a Telegraph pole, so what is the problem? The next thing is they'll want all the Lamp posts removed as they're standing too tall! People are always whining about something, yet are quick to use the service. Vote with your feet and throw your mobile phone in the bin if it helps.[/p][/quote]Ironlady I sometimes would love to meet up with people like this & see exactly what type of person they are. but I'm a bigger man than them but I sometimes can't help lowering myself to their level. I'm sorry[/p][/quote]Classic arrogance, you are a bigger man? Been at the MacDonalds again? How do you gauge the levels of these people that you are judging, what parameters are you using? OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

11:46am Wed 8 Aug 12

OSPREYSAINT says...

bazzeroz wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
forest hump wrote:
It's a pole, what's the big deal?
Agreed!
Haven't we got enough of them in this country already?
True but their reception isn't so good!
[quote][p][bold]bazzeroz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: It's a pole, what's the big deal?[/p][/quote]Agreed![/p][/quote]Haven't we got enough of them in this country already?[/p][/quote]True but their reception isn't so good! OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

11:49am Wed 8 Aug 12

OSPREYSAINT says...

If you look at the picture, those green boxes that were installed, they were plastered with a lot of unsightly prohibition notices by the Council! A nice neat installation, suddenly became an ugly bill posters daydream, I sometimes wonder at the credibilty of the people who are in charge of our interests.
If you look at the picture, those green boxes that were installed, they were plastered with a lot of unsightly prohibition notices by the Council! A nice neat installation, suddenly became an ugly bill posters daydream, I sometimes wonder at the credibilty of the people who are in charge of our interests. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

3:14pm Wed 8 Aug 12

loosehead says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
loosehead wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
loosehead wrote:
Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration?
What mind?
Loosehead raises a good point. I'm not looking forward to seeing how they will restore the pay as promised without cutting MORE jobs than were needed.

If that's the mast in the picture then it looks like a Telegraph pole, so what is the problem? The next thing is they'll want all the Lamp posts removed as they're standing too tall! People are always whining about something, yet are quick to use the service. Vote with your feet and throw your mobile phone in the bin if it helps.
Ironlady I sometimes would love to meet up with people like this & see exactly what type of person they are.
but I'm a bigger man than them but I sometimes can't help lowering myself to their level. I'm sorry
Classic arrogance, you are a bigger man? Been at the MacDonalds again? How do you gauge the levels of these people that you are judging, what parameters are you using?
Wouldn't eat a MacDonalds prefer Burger King.
I could quite easily offer to meet these people & batter them but I don't see how that proves you're right about anything so I don't & wouldn't but many of these people with the protection the pseudonyms give them offer to "have a drink with you"
"You Know Where I live" Come on Osprey we know exactly what they're suggesting.
I get upset with many of the attacks on me some by you but after a little tit for tat name calling it's over & sometimes I'm actually agreeing with you.
But some shouldn't be involved in debating as they're not interested in both sides of the debate just their point of view
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration?[/p][/quote]What mind?[/p][/quote]Loosehead raises a good point. I'm not looking forward to seeing how they will restore the pay as promised without cutting MORE jobs than were needed. If that's the mast in the picture then it looks like a Telegraph pole, so what is the problem? The next thing is they'll want all the Lamp posts removed as they're standing too tall! People are always whining about something, yet are quick to use the service. Vote with your feet and throw your mobile phone in the bin if it helps.[/p][/quote]Ironlady I sometimes would love to meet up with people like this & see exactly what type of person they are. but I'm a bigger man than them but I sometimes can't help lowering myself to their level. I'm sorry[/p][/quote]Classic arrogance, you are a bigger man? Been at the MacDonalds again? How do you gauge the levels of these people that you are judging, what parameters are you using?[/p][/quote]Wouldn't eat a MacDonalds prefer Burger King. I could quite easily offer to meet these people & batter them but I don't see how that proves you're right about anything so I don't & wouldn't but many of these people with the protection the pseudonyms give them offer to "have a drink with you" "You Know Where I live" Come on Osprey we know exactly what they're suggesting. I get upset with many of the attacks on me some by you but after a little tit for tat name calling it's over & sometimes I'm actually agreeing with you. But some shouldn't be involved in debating as they're not interested in both sides of the debate just their point of view loosehead
  • Score: 0

9:41am Fri 10 Aug 12

OSPREYSAINT says...

loosehead wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
loosehead wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
Inform Al wrote:
loosehead wrote: Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration?
What mind?
Loosehead raises a good point. I'm not looking forward to seeing how they will restore the pay as promised without cutting MORE jobs than were needed. If that's the mast in the picture then it looks like a Telegraph pole, so what is the problem? The next thing is they'll want all the Lamp posts removed as they're standing too tall! People are always whining about something, yet are quick to use the service. Vote with your feet and throw your mobile phone in the bin if it helps.
Ironlady I sometimes would love to meet up with people like this & see exactly what type of person they are. but I'm a bigger man than them but I sometimes can't help lowering myself to their level. I'm sorry
Classic arrogance, you are a bigger man? Been at the MacDonalds again? How do you gauge the levels of these people that you are judging, what parameters are you using?
Wouldn't eat a MacDonalds prefer Burger King. I could quite easily offer to meet these people & batter them but I don't see how that proves you're right about anything so I don't & wouldn't but many of these people with the protection the pseudonyms give them offer to "have a drink with you" "You Know Where I live" Come on Osprey we know exactly what they're suggesting. I get upset with many of the attacks on me some by you but after a little tit for tat name calling it's over & sometimes I'm actually agreeing with you. But some shouldn't be involved in debating as they're not interested in both sides of the debate just their point of view
Forget the threats, paper talk is harmless, just be a little less sensitive and don't respond as that will hurt their egos more than a reply.
[quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Inform Al[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: Oh! another thought has come to mind What/how will this effect the workers pay restoration?[/p][/quote]What mind?[/p][/quote]Loosehead raises a good point. I'm not looking forward to seeing how they will restore the pay as promised without cutting MORE jobs than were needed. If that's the mast in the picture then it looks like a Telegraph pole, so what is the problem? The next thing is they'll want all the Lamp posts removed as they're standing too tall! People are always whining about something, yet are quick to use the service. Vote with your feet and throw your mobile phone in the bin if it helps.[/p][/quote]Ironlady I sometimes would love to meet up with people like this & see exactly what type of person they are. but I'm a bigger man than them but I sometimes can't help lowering myself to their level. I'm sorry[/p][/quote]Classic arrogance, you are a bigger man? Been at the MacDonalds again? How do you gauge the levels of these people that you are judging, what parameters are you using?[/p][/quote]Wouldn't eat a MacDonalds prefer Burger King. I could quite easily offer to meet these people & batter them but I don't see how that proves you're right about anything so I don't & wouldn't but many of these people with the protection the pseudonyms give them offer to "have a drink with you" "You Know Where I live" Come on Osprey we know exactly what they're suggesting. I get upset with many of the attacks on me some by you but after a little tit for tat name calling it's over & sometimes I'm actually agreeing with you. But some shouldn't be involved in debating as they're not interested in both sides of the debate just their point of view[/p][/quote]Forget the threats, paper talk is harmless, just be a little less sensitive and don't respond as that will hurt their egos more than a reply. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree