When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
6:10am Friday 8th June 2012 in Health
A MANUFACTURING supervisor died after contracting mesothelioma from asbestos at the Wellworthy piston factory in Lymington, an inquest heard.
Michael Butler, 86, of Southbourne Road, Lymington, was exposed to asbestos used in laggings while working at the plant.
He was compensated through the courts for his industrial illness, the inquest in Southampton heard. A verdict of death due to industrial disease was recorded.
Comments are closed on this article.