Ed Miliband joins his brother to stand for Labour leader

Daily Echo: Ed Miliband joins his brother to stand for Labour leader Ed Miliband joins his brother to stand for Labour leader

Former energy secretary Ed Miliband today formally declared his intention to stand for the leadership of the Labour Party.

He confirmed he will compete against his brother David during a speech in which he set out his vision for the future of Labour.

Mr Miliband told the Fabian Society in central London: ''I have talked to my family and friends and I have decided to stand to be leader of the Labour Party.''

Comments (20)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:04pm Sat 15 May 10

hulla baloo says...

So the Milipedes, aka Bill and Ben, or Tweedle dum and Tweedel dee think they are good enough to think they could eventually run the country?
Best laugh I have had this year.
So the Milipedes, aka Bill and Ben, or Tweedle dum and Tweedel dee think they are good enough to think they could eventually run the country? Best laugh I have had this year. hulla baloo
  • Score: 0

12:23pm Sat 15 May 10

Brite Spark says...

They will be running the country this time next year HB, doesn't really affect you does it?
They will be running the country this time next year HB, doesn't really affect you does it? Brite Spark
  • Score: 0

12:47pm Sat 15 May 10

southy says...

the fabian society is a joke now days, the oldest think tank theres is started out in life has left-wing. now days is control by capitalist aka right wing.
BS your probley be right about them controlling the country next but i not so sure about this time next year lo, but its a definitely before the end of 2012. has long has the depression dont get here first, if that happens then it be a party like the TUSC that will be controlling the country.
the fabian society is a joke now days, the oldest think tank theres is started out in life has left-wing. now days is control by capitalist aka right wing. BS your probley be right about them controlling the country next but i not so sure about this time next year lo, but its a definitely before the end of 2012. has long has the depression dont get here first, if that happens then it be a party like the TUSC that will be controlling the country. southy
  • Score: 0

1:48pm Sat 15 May 10

English defence league Hythe division says...

The chuckle brothers could do a better job than these two jokers.
The chuckle brothers could do a better job than these two jokers. English defence league Hythe division
  • Score: 0

2:22pm Sat 15 May 10

Condor Man says...

When John Smith died it was clear that Tony Blair would become leader- even as a shadow minister you could see his potential. I don't see this with either Milliband or Ed Balls. Labour need to sort themselves out and work out what they stand for else they'll spend another 18 years in the wilderness (lets hope so anyway)
When John Smith died it was clear that Tony Blair would become leader- even as a shadow minister you could see his potential. I don't see this with either Milliband or Ed Balls. Labour need to sort themselves out and work out what they stand for else they'll spend another 18 years in the wilderness (lets hope so anyway) Condor Man
  • Score: 0

3:30pm Sat 15 May 10

Adrian Smith says...

Brite Spark wrote:
They will be running the country this time next year HB, doesn't really affect you does it?
Dream on - the most likely outcome is that Socialism will never be in control for another 100 years, once the current Government get to the bottom of the disaster that was Bliar/Bruun.
[quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: They will be running the country this time next year HB, doesn't really affect you does it?[/p][/quote]Dream on - the most likely outcome is that Socialism will never be in control for another 100 years, once the current Government get to the bottom of the disaster that was Bliar/Bruun. Adrian Smith
  • Score: 0

4:26pm Sat 15 May 10

Paramjit Bahia says...

Adrain, you are wrong to say 100 years, but right in a way that true socialism in the UK is in for a rough ride for next few years.

New Labour, which is in fact only another Tory party, has done massive damage to brand name socialism.

Till the real left in the UK get its act together and start uniting and talking the language ordinary people understand, clowns of New Labour will keep on having a free run in misleading the masses. Whoever may be the leader of New Labour doesn't really matter because they are all thatcherites.

Only certainty is that Blue Blair Cameron will not be the PM for a long time, his affair with the pimps of political world otherwise known as LibDems will destroy this govt soon. Hope it will be very soon.
Adrain, you are wrong to say 100 years, but right in a way that true socialism in the UK is in for a rough ride for next few years. New Labour, which is in fact only another Tory party, has done massive damage to brand name socialism. Till the real left in the UK get its act together and start uniting and talking the language ordinary people understand, clowns of New Labour will keep on having a free run in misleading the masses. Whoever may be the leader of New Labour doesn't really matter because they are all thatcherites. Only certainty is that Blue Blair Cameron will not be the PM for a long time, his affair with the pimps of political world otherwise known as LibDems will destroy this govt soon. Hope it will be very soon. Paramjit Bahia
  • Score: 0

4:58pm Sat 15 May 10

southy says...

Adrian Smith wrote:
Brite Spark wrote:
They will be running the country this time next year HB, doesn't really affect you does it?
Dream on - the most likely outcome is that Socialism will never be in control for another 100 years, once the current Government get to the bottom of the disaster that was Bliar/Bruun.
wait till the depression hits the uk, and it will under a tory con party, the party of high unemployment, labour just another capitalist party and no different to torys libs ukip bnp and a host off others.
[quote][p][bold]Adrian Smith[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: They will be running the country this time next year HB, doesn't really affect you does it?[/p][/quote]Dream on - the most likely outcome is that Socialism will never be in control for another 100 years, once the current Government get to the bottom of the disaster that was Bliar/Bruun.[/p][/quote]wait till the depression hits the uk, and it will under a tory con party, the party of high unemployment, labour just another capitalist party and no different to torys libs ukip bnp and a host off others. southy
  • Score: 0

8:14am Sun 16 May 10

Condor Man says...

Has there ever been a truly socialist Labour government? Was the toff Antlee really a socialist? he didn't live like one. What about serial liars like Wilson and Blair? There were only a few decent men to lead the Labour party- Smith, Callaghan and Brown. I think had Smith not died we would have seen a more responsible Labour party as he would have reigned in Brown's overzealous spending and never have gone to war in Iraq and Afghanistan (and never tried to destroy civil liberties as Blair tried to do).

It took the Tories 15 years to really replace Margaret Thatcher, I think it will take around the same time for Labour to replace Blair.
Has there ever been a truly socialist Labour government? Was the toff Antlee really a socialist? he didn't live like one. What about serial liars like Wilson and Blair? There were only a few decent men to lead the Labour party- Smith, Callaghan and Brown. I think had Smith not died we would have seen a more responsible Labour party as he would have reigned in Brown's overzealous spending and never have gone to war in Iraq and Afghanistan (and never tried to destroy civil liberties as Blair tried to do). It took the Tories 15 years to really replace Margaret Thatcher, I think it will take around the same time for Labour to replace Blair. Condor Man
  • Score: 0

11:13am Sun 16 May 10

southy says...

Condor Man wrote:
Has there ever been a truly socialist Labour government? Was the toff Antlee really a socialist? he didn't live like one. What about serial liars like Wilson and Blair? There were only a few decent men to lead the Labour party- Smith, Callaghan and Brown. I think had Smith not died we would have seen a more responsible Labour party as he would have reigned in Brown's overzealous spending and never have gone to war in Iraq and Afghanistan (and never tried to destroy civil liberties as Blair tried to do).

It took the Tories 15 years to really replace Margaret Thatcher, I think it will take around the same time for Labour to replace Blair.
no there has not been a true socialist government the closes its ever came was under wilson, callaghan when you had a mix of of centre and centre left politics.
antlee was just a starting point, and that slow moment to ward the left.
blair and brown where replacement of thatcher same has clegg and cameron. try reading maggie book then you might under stand a bit more, in what she done and how a evil woman she was, why do you think a lot of the falklands vets turn her back on her, and islanders there selfs, she took us to war a war that could of been avoided just by placing more marines on the falklands, but what did she do she reduce the numbers and bated argentina to invade knowing to well that government was having problems, she was the first PM to take the country to war before WWII, and not have it force upon them. with wilson he took over problems that was all ready there and was force into acting, like sending troops in to keep the suez canal open, or into northern ireland because of paisley b police force.
maggie took away loads of civil liberties she was the one that started it all, and sent us down that path. maggie was a fascist full of evil and deceit she only cared about her self and used even her family and others to get what she wanted, she and blair should be brought to trial.
[quote][p][bold]Condor Man[/bold] wrote: Has there ever been a truly socialist Labour government? Was the toff Antlee really a socialist? he didn't live like one. What about serial liars like Wilson and Blair? There were only a few decent men to lead the Labour party- Smith, Callaghan and Brown. I think had Smith not died we would have seen a more responsible Labour party as he would have reigned in Brown's overzealous spending and never have gone to war in Iraq and Afghanistan (and never tried to destroy civil liberties as Blair tried to do). It took the Tories 15 years to really replace Margaret Thatcher, I think it will take around the same time for Labour to replace Blair.[/p][/quote]no there has not been a true socialist government the closes its ever came was under wilson, callaghan when you had a mix of of centre and centre left politics. antlee was just a starting point, and that slow moment to ward the left. blair and brown where replacement of thatcher same has clegg and cameron. try reading maggie book then you might under stand a bit more, in what she done and how a evil woman she was, why do you think a lot of the falklands vets turn her back on her, and islanders there selfs, she took us to war a war that could of been avoided just by placing more marines on the falklands, but what did she do she reduce the numbers and bated argentina to invade knowing to well that government was having problems, she was the first PM to take the country to war before WWII, and not have it force upon them. with wilson he took over problems that was all ready there and was force into acting, like sending troops in to keep the suez canal open, or into northern ireland because of paisley b police force. maggie took away loads of civil liberties she was the one that started it all, and sent us down that path. maggie was a fascist full of evil and deceit she only cared about her self and used even her family and others to get what she wanted, she and blair should be brought to trial. southy
  • Score: 0

12:05pm Sun 16 May 10

Condor Man says...

That's a bit harsh. All Maggie did was freed working people from the socialist yoke of council housing and unions. Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to call her evil. There was nothing she did in her time as PM that was illegal in the eyes of the law- nor so was Tony Blair. I think you need to take your bigotted view of the world and keep it to yourself. When you learn to debate properly people will take you seriously.
That's a bit harsh. All Maggie did was freed working people from the socialist yoke of council housing and unions. Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to call her evil. There was nothing she did in her time as PM that was illegal in the eyes of the law- nor so was Tony Blair. I think you need to take your bigotted view of the world and keep it to yourself. When you learn to debate properly people will take you seriously. Condor Man
  • Score: 0

12:32pm Sun 16 May 10

Cyber-Fug says...

Condor Man wrote:
That's a bit harsh. All Maggie did was freed working people from the socialist yoke of council housing and unions. Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to call her evil. There was nothing she did in her time as PM that was illegal in the eyes of the law- nor so was Tony Blair. I think you need to take your bigotted view of the world and keep it to yourself. When you learn to debate properly people will take you seriously.
Spot on CM !!!
[quote][p][bold]Condor Man[/bold] wrote: That's a bit harsh. All Maggie did was freed working people from the socialist yoke of council housing and unions. Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to call her evil. There was nothing she did in her time as PM that was illegal in the eyes of the law- nor so was Tony Blair. I think you need to take your bigotted view of the world and keep it to yourself. When you learn to debate properly people will take you seriously.[/p][/quote]Spot on CM !!! Cyber-Fug
  • Score: 0

12:41pm Sun 16 May 10

southy says...

Condor Man wrote:
That's a bit harsh. All Maggie did was freed working people from the socialist yoke of council housing and unions. Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to call her evil. There was nothing she did in her time as PM that was illegal in the eyes of the law- nor so was Tony Blair. I think you need to take your bigotted view of the world and keep it to yourself. When you learn to debate properly people will take you seriously.
she did not free any one. to do away with no more council homes being built ment that people if they wanted a home had to pay more, private housing cant compeat with social housing, it was all about making her friends a bit richer, in turn they would give in support. the unions was just about keeping check the capitalist at the time look whats happen now you work longer hours for the same pay thats putting a yoke on a person not taking it off, its all about cheap slave labour and making the rich richer.
no there was not any thing she done illegal she got the law change to suit her needs when they was in her way and used other laws to full fill her needs.
remember this maggie the school kids milk snatcher. and i do know how to debate and many do take me very seriously. all its is, is that you are a fully fledged right winger and dont like the truth to get out, just like whats happening on facebook, there is suppression of true facts going on and its your type of friends that is doing it, but it looks like they will lose, the pressure coming in from all the other groups that post or have pages on facebook it looks like facebook admin is going to give in and ignore your elite capitalist and say sod it to the lost of advertising fee that they get from the tory elite, the same thing is happening on twitter and other social net works. its not just me that thinks she was a very evil person, the majority in the uk think that to, even some of those that voted for her back in the 80's now think she was evil.
people now relise for what she was a fascist, a dictator.
[quote][p][bold]Condor Man[/bold] wrote: That's a bit harsh. All Maggie did was freed working people from the socialist yoke of council housing and unions. Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to call her evil. There was nothing she did in her time as PM that was illegal in the eyes of the law- nor so was Tony Blair. I think you need to take your bigotted view of the world and keep it to yourself. When you learn to debate properly people will take you seriously.[/p][/quote]she did not free any one. to do away with no more council homes being built ment that people if they wanted a home had to pay more, private housing cant compeat with social housing, it was all about making her friends a bit richer, in turn they would give in support. the unions was just about keeping check the capitalist at the time look whats happen now you work longer hours for the same pay thats putting a yoke on a person not taking it off, its all about cheap slave labour and making the rich richer. no there was not any thing she done illegal she got the law change to suit her needs when they was in her way and used other laws to full fill her needs. remember this maggie the school kids milk snatcher. and i do know how to debate and many do take me very seriously. all its is, is that you are a fully fledged right winger and dont like the truth to get out, just like whats happening on facebook, there is suppression of true facts going on and its your type of friends that is doing it, but it looks like they will lose, the pressure coming in from all the other groups that post or have pages on facebook it looks like facebook admin is going to give in and ignore your elite capitalist and say sod it to the lost of advertising fee that they get from the tory elite, the same thing is happening on twitter and other social net works. its not just me that thinks she was a very evil person, the majority in the uk think that to, even some of those that voted for her back in the 80's now think she was evil. people now relise for what she was a fascist, a dictator. southy
  • Score: 0

12:59pm Sun 16 May 10

southy says...

history will not be kind to her, in the same way it was not kind to the duke of wellington when he became PM.
history will not be kind to her, in the same way it was not kind to the duke of wellington when he became PM. southy
  • Score: 0

4:55pm Sun 16 May 10

Condor Man says...

southy wrote:
Condor Man wrote: That's a bit harsh. All Maggie did was freed working people from the socialist yoke of council housing and unions. Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to call her evil. There was nothing she did in her time as PM that was illegal in the eyes of the law- nor so was Tony Blair. I think you need to take your bigotted view of the world and keep it to yourself. When you learn to debate properly people will take you seriously.
she did not free any one. to do away with no more council homes being built ment that people if they wanted a home had to pay more, private housing cant compeat with social housing, it was all about making her friends a bit richer, in turn they would give in support. the unions was just about keeping check the capitalist at the time look whats happen now you work longer hours for the same pay thats putting a yoke on a person not taking it off, its all about cheap slave labour and making the rich richer. no there was not any thing she done illegal she got the law change to suit her needs when they was in her way and used other laws to full fill her needs. remember this maggie the school kids milk snatcher. and i do know how to debate and many do take me very seriously. all its is, is that you are a fully fledged right winger and dont like the truth to get out, just like whats happening on facebook, there is suppression of true facts going on and its your type of friends that is doing it, but it looks like they will lose, the pressure coming in from all the other groups that post or have pages on facebook it looks like facebook admin is going to give in and ignore your elite capitalist and say sod it to the lost of advertising fee that they get from the tory elite, the same thing is happening on twitter and other social net works. its not just me that thinks she was a very evil person, the majority in the uk think that to, even some of those that voted for her back in the 80's now think she was evil. people now relise for what she was a fascist, a dictator.
of course Right To Buy was a good thing, someone buying a house at a discounted price 30 years ago would have paid for it by now, freeing them from paying rent until they die plus they have something to leave to their children.
Was it really necessary for the school to give milk? surely good parents would have ensured their kids were properly fed and watered before they went to school?
Thatcher liberated people, all Blair and Brown did was trap people on low wages (me being one of them).
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Condor Man[/bold] wrote: That's a bit harsh. All Maggie did was freed working people from the socialist yoke of council housing and unions. Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to call her evil. There was nothing she did in her time as PM that was illegal in the eyes of the law- nor so was Tony Blair. I think you need to take your bigotted view of the world and keep it to yourself. When you learn to debate properly people will take you seriously.[/p][/quote]she did not free any one. to do away with no more council homes being built ment that people if they wanted a home had to pay more, private housing cant compeat with social housing, it was all about making her friends a bit richer, in turn they would give in support. the unions was just about keeping check the capitalist at the time look whats happen now you work longer hours for the same pay thats putting a yoke on a person not taking it off, its all about cheap slave labour and making the rich richer. no there was not any thing she done illegal she got the law change to suit her needs when they was in her way and used other laws to full fill her needs. remember this maggie the school kids milk snatcher. and i do know how to debate and many do take me very seriously. all its is, is that you are a fully fledged right winger and dont like the truth to get out, just like whats happening on facebook, there is suppression of true facts going on and its your type of friends that is doing it, but it looks like they will lose, the pressure coming in from all the other groups that post or have pages on facebook it looks like facebook admin is going to give in and ignore your elite capitalist and say sod it to the lost of advertising fee that they get from the tory elite, the same thing is happening on twitter and other social net works. its not just me that thinks she was a very evil person, the majority in the uk think that to, even some of those that voted for her back in the 80's now think she was evil. people now relise for what she was a fascist, a dictator.[/p][/quote]of course Right To Buy was a good thing, someone buying a house at a discounted price 30 years ago would have paid for it by now, freeing them from paying rent until they die plus they have something to leave to their children. Was it really necessary for the school to give milk? surely good parents would have ensured their kids were properly fed and watered before they went to school? Thatcher liberated people, all Blair and Brown did was trap people on low wages (me being one of them). Condor Man
  • Score: 0

5:28pm Sun 16 May 10

southy says...

Condor Man wrote:
southy wrote:
Condor Man wrote: That's a bit harsh. All Maggie did was freed working people from the socialist yoke of council housing and unions. Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to call her evil. There was nothing she did in her time as PM that was illegal in the eyes of the law- nor so was Tony Blair. I think you need to take your bigotted view of the world and keep it to yourself. When you learn to debate properly people will take you seriously.
she did not free any one. to do away with no more council homes being built ment that people if they wanted a home had to pay more, private housing cant compeat with social housing, it was all about making her friends a bit richer, in turn they would give in support. the unions was just about keeping check the capitalist at the time look whats happen now you work longer hours for the same pay thats putting a yoke on a person not taking it off, its all about cheap slave labour and making the rich richer. no there was not any thing she done illegal she got the law change to suit her needs when they was in her way and used other laws to full fill her needs. remember this maggie the school kids milk snatcher. and i do know how to debate and many do take me very seriously. all its is, is that you are a fully fledged right winger and dont like the truth to get out, just like whats happening on facebook, there is suppression of true facts going on and its your type of friends that is doing it, but it looks like they will lose, the pressure coming in from all the other groups that post or have pages on facebook it looks like facebook admin is going to give in and ignore your elite capitalist and say sod it to the lost of advertising fee that they get from the tory elite, the same thing is happening on twitter and other social net works. its not just me that thinks she was a very evil person, the majority in the uk think that to, even some of those that voted for her back in the 80's now think she was evil. people now relise for what she was a fascist, a dictator.
of course Right To Buy was a good thing, someone buying a house at a discounted price 30 years ago would have paid for it by now, freeing them from paying rent until they die plus they have something to leave to their children.
Was it really necessary for the school to give milk? surely good parents would have ensured their kids were properly fed and watered before they went to school?
Thatcher liberated people, all Blair and Brown did was trap people on low wages (me being one of them).
the right to buy was putting a rope around people necks so they could not afford to strike just another yoke has you like to call it, but it did not stop them from losing there homes, because of thing like high interest rates, the poll tax the new water rate and when the cuts started and the selling of state own industry. and the very high unemployment, she cause more human misery than any other MP/PM in the last 65 years
her taken away school kids milk (also made 4000 people unemployed,) and the closing down of school NHS dentists is the main reason why kids got bad teeth now days, she was told by the milk board not to head that way by stopping the milk, she wanted the schools to buy the milk when it was it all ready paid for by the you and every one else NI that they paid, some thing you still pay for but the schools dont get, the idea behind given milk to schools was to make sure all kids got the right amount of calcium, she did what she did in the 80's for cheap labour to make the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. oh she liberated people all right she put a noose around there necks. and was the one who started this trap of low wages, and to make sure it stayed that way she change laws to make sure that the socialist could not gain power to the labour party and change things back to the way they where, a way 100 times more farer to the majority of people, and you being trap in a low wage will not change till you got a true socialist government so its your own making why you are on a low wage no one else, you voted the way that you did, and belive in the BS that is feed to you by the tory story con party.
[quote][p][bold]Condor Man[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Condor Man[/bold] wrote: That's a bit harsh. All Maggie did was freed working people from the socialist yoke of council housing and unions. Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to call her evil. There was nothing she did in her time as PM that was illegal in the eyes of the law- nor so was Tony Blair. I think you need to take your bigotted view of the world and keep it to yourself. When you learn to debate properly people will take you seriously.[/p][/quote]she did not free any one. to do away with no more council homes being built ment that people if they wanted a home had to pay more, private housing cant compeat with social housing, it was all about making her friends a bit richer, in turn they would give in support. the unions was just about keeping check the capitalist at the time look whats happen now you work longer hours for the same pay thats putting a yoke on a person not taking it off, its all about cheap slave labour and making the rich richer. no there was not any thing she done illegal she got the law change to suit her needs when they was in her way and used other laws to full fill her needs. remember this maggie the school kids milk snatcher. and i do know how to debate and many do take me very seriously. all its is, is that you are a fully fledged right winger and dont like the truth to get out, just like whats happening on facebook, there is suppression of true facts going on and its your type of friends that is doing it, but it looks like they will lose, the pressure coming in from all the other groups that post or have pages on facebook it looks like facebook admin is going to give in and ignore your elite capitalist and say sod it to the lost of advertising fee that they get from the tory elite, the same thing is happening on twitter and other social net works. its not just me that thinks she was a very evil person, the majority in the uk think that to, even some of those that voted for her back in the 80's now think she was evil. people now relise for what she was a fascist, a dictator.[/p][/quote]of course Right To Buy was a good thing, someone buying a house at a discounted price 30 years ago would have paid for it by now, freeing them from paying rent until they die plus they have something to leave to their children. Was it really necessary for the school to give milk? surely good parents would have ensured their kids were properly fed and watered before they went to school? Thatcher liberated people, all Blair and Brown did was trap people on low wages (me being one of them).[/p][/quote]the right to buy was putting a rope around people necks so they could not afford to strike just another yoke has you like to call it, but it did not stop them from losing there homes, because of thing like high interest rates, the poll tax the new water rate and when the cuts started and the selling of state own industry. and the very high unemployment, she cause more human misery than any other MP/PM in the last 65 years her taken away school kids milk (also made 4000 people unemployed,) and the closing down of school NHS dentists is the main reason why kids got bad teeth now days, she was told by the milk board not to head that way by stopping the milk, she wanted the schools to buy the milk when it was it all ready paid for by the you and every one else NI that they paid, some thing you still pay for but the schools dont get, the idea behind given milk to schools was to make sure all kids got the right amount of calcium, she did what she did in the 80's for cheap labour to make the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. oh she liberated people all right she put a noose around there necks. and was the one who started this trap of low wages, and to make sure it stayed that way she change laws to make sure that the socialist could not gain power to the labour party and change things back to the way they where, a way 100 times more farer to the majority of people, and you being trap in a low wage will not change till you got a true socialist government so its your own making why you are on a low wage no one else, you voted the way that you did, and belive in the BS that is feed to you by the tory story con party. southy
  • Score: 0

8:44pm Sun 16 May 10

Cyber-Fug says...

southy wrote:
Condor Man wrote:
southy wrote:
Condor Man wrote: That's a bit harsh. All Maggie did was freed working people from the socialist yoke of council housing and unions. Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to call her evil. There was nothing she did in her time as PM that was illegal in the eyes of the law- nor so was Tony Blair. I think you need to take your bigotted view of the world and keep it to yourself. When you learn to debate properly people will take you seriously.
she did not free any one. to do away with no more council homes being built ment that people if they wanted a home had to pay more, private housing cant compeat with social housing, it was all about making her friends a bit richer, in turn they would give in support. the unions was just about keeping check the capitalist at the time look whats happen now you work longer hours for the same pay thats putting a yoke on a person not taking it off, its all about cheap slave labour and making the rich richer. no there was not any thing she done illegal she got the law change to suit her needs when they was in her way and used other laws to full fill her needs. remember this maggie the school kids milk snatcher. and i do know how to debate and many do take me very seriously. all its is, is that you are a fully fledged right winger and dont like the truth to get out, just like whats happening on facebook, there is suppression of true facts going on and its your type of friends that is doing it, but it looks like they will lose, the pressure coming in from all the other groups that post or have pages on facebook it looks like facebook admin is going to give in and ignore your elite capitalist and say sod it to the lost of advertising fee that they get from the tory elite, the same thing is happening on twitter and other social net works. its not just me that thinks she was a very evil person, the majority in the uk think that to, even some of those that voted for her back in the 80's now think she was evil. people now relise for what she was a fascist, a dictator.
of course Right To Buy was a good thing, someone buying a house at a discounted price 30 years ago would have paid for it by now, freeing them from paying rent until they die plus they have something to leave to their children.
Was it really necessary for the school to give milk? surely good parents would have ensured their kids were properly fed and watered before they went to school?
Thatcher liberated people, all Blair and Brown did was trap people on low wages (me being one of them).
the right to buy was putting a rope around people necks so they could not afford to strike just another yoke has you like to call it, but it did not stop them from losing there homes, because of thing like high interest rates, the poll tax the new water rate and when the cuts started and the selling of state own industry. and the very high unemployment, she cause more human misery than any other MP/PM in the last 65 years
her taken away school kids milk (also made 4000 people unemployed,) and the closing down of school NHS dentists is the main reason why kids got bad teeth now days, she was told by the milk board not to head that way by stopping the milk, she wanted the schools to buy the milk when it was it all ready paid for by the you and every one else NI that they paid, some thing you still pay for but the schools dont get, the idea behind given milk to schools was to make sure all kids got the right amount of calcium, she did what she did in the 80's for cheap labour to make the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. oh she liberated people all right she put a noose around there necks. and was the one who started this trap of low wages, and to make sure it stayed that way she change laws to make sure that the socialist could not gain power to the labour party and change things back to the way they where, a way 100 times more farer to the majority of people, and you being trap in a low wage will not change till you got a true socialist government so its your own making why you are on a low wage no one else, you voted the way that you did, and belive in the BS that is feed to you by the tory story con party.
Southy.....sorry for being so blunt but you have just confirmed that you are a complete and utter plonker!
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Condor Man[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Condor Man[/bold] wrote: That's a bit harsh. All Maggie did was freed working people from the socialist yoke of council housing and unions. Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to call her evil. There was nothing she did in her time as PM that was illegal in the eyes of the law- nor so was Tony Blair. I think you need to take your bigotted view of the world and keep it to yourself. When you learn to debate properly people will take you seriously.[/p][/quote]she did not free any one. to do away with no more council homes being built ment that people if they wanted a home had to pay more, private housing cant compeat with social housing, it was all about making her friends a bit richer, in turn they would give in support. the unions was just about keeping check the capitalist at the time look whats happen now you work longer hours for the same pay thats putting a yoke on a person not taking it off, its all about cheap slave labour and making the rich richer. no there was not any thing she done illegal she got the law change to suit her needs when they was in her way and used other laws to full fill her needs. remember this maggie the school kids milk snatcher. and i do know how to debate and many do take me very seriously. all its is, is that you are a fully fledged right winger and dont like the truth to get out, just like whats happening on facebook, there is suppression of true facts going on and its your type of friends that is doing it, but it looks like they will lose, the pressure coming in from all the other groups that post or have pages on facebook it looks like facebook admin is going to give in and ignore your elite capitalist and say sod it to the lost of advertising fee that they get from the tory elite, the same thing is happening on twitter and other social net works. its not just me that thinks she was a very evil person, the majority in the uk think that to, even some of those that voted for her back in the 80's now think she was evil. people now relise for what she was a fascist, a dictator.[/p][/quote]of course Right To Buy was a good thing, someone buying a house at a discounted price 30 years ago would have paid for it by now, freeing them from paying rent until they die plus they have something to leave to their children. Was it really necessary for the school to give milk? surely good parents would have ensured their kids were properly fed and watered before they went to school? Thatcher liberated people, all Blair and Brown did was trap people on low wages (me being one of them).[/p][/quote]the right to buy was putting a rope around people necks so they could not afford to strike just another yoke has you like to call it, but it did not stop them from losing there homes, because of thing like high interest rates, the poll tax the new water rate and when the cuts started and the selling of state own industry. and the very high unemployment, she cause more human misery than any other MP/PM in the last 65 years her taken away school kids milk (also made 4000 people unemployed,) and the closing down of school NHS dentists is the main reason why kids got bad teeth now days, she was told by the milk board not to head that way by stopping the milk, she wanted the schools to buy the milk when it was it all ready paid for by the you and every one else NI that they paid, some thing you still pay for but the schools dont get, the idea behind given milk to schools was to make sure all kids got the right amount of calcium, she did what she did in the 80's for cheap labour to make the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. oh she liberated people all right she put a noose around there necks. and was the one who started this trap of low wages, and to make sure it stayed that way she change laws to make sure that the socialist could not gain power to the labour party and change things back to the way they where, a way 100 times more farer to the majority of people, and you being trap in a low wage will not change till you got a true socialist government so its your own making why you are on a low wage no one else, you voted the way that you did, and belive in the BS that is feed to you by the tory story con party.[/p][/quote]Southy.....sorry for being so blunt but you have just confirmed that you are a complete and utter plonker! Cyber-Fug
  • Score: 0

11:37pm Sun 16 May 10

southy says...

the plonker is you cyber-fug, you still cant debate. and dont like what you hear. but its all fact, nothing can change that, and is basic in what the kids will learn in 25 years time. one of the things maggie said in her book, was her greatest achievement was to change the labour party into a capitalist party, and to reinvent them. aka nu-labour.
but i bet you she did not see the collapse of her ideas happening so fast, her divide and conquer tactic is slowly falling apart has the left are reforming under a new name. she knows to well when the uk turns to socialism they will not want to go back to the old ways of capitalism
the plonker is you cyber-fug, you still cant debate. and dont like what you hear. but its all fact, nothing can change that, and is basic in what the kids will learn in 25 years time. one of the things maggie said in her book, was her greatest achievement was to change the labour party into a capitalist party, and to reinvent them. aka nu-labour. but i bet you she did not see the collapse of her ideas happening so fast, her divide and conquer tactic is slowly falling apart has the left are reforming under a new name. she knows to well when the uk turns to socialism they will not want to go back to the old ways of capitalism southy
  • Score: 0

7:37am Mon 17 May 10

Cyber-Fug says...

I can, and I enjoy a decent debate but the problem with "debating" with you is that you have such a hatred for anyone with more than a £20.00 note in their pocket. You are so blinkered with your distorted vision of the Thatcher era that it makes it impossible to have a debate with you. I will point out just ONE little bit from your previous post.

"the right to buy was putting a rope around people necks "

The right to buy was giving people the opportunity for people to improve themselves and provide a good standing for the future of their families.

Yet you seem to think that this was a punishment because it wouldn't allow people to strike....... Since when has going on strike been mandatory in the work place ?

Wise up Mouthy...... Socialism is dead, it doesn't work and will never return in our lifetimes !
I can, and I enjoy a decent debate but the problem with "debating" with you is that you have such a hatred for anyone with more than a £20.00 note in their pocket. You are so blinkered with your distorted vision of the Thatcher era that it makes it impossible to have a debate with you. I will point out just ONE little bit from your previous post. "the right to buy was putting a rope around people necks " The right to buy was giving people the opportunity for people to improve themselves and provide a good standing for the future of their families. Yet you seem to think that this was a punishment because it wouldn't allow people to strike....... Since when has going on strike been mandatory in the work place ? Wise up Mouthy...... Socialism is dead, it doesn't work and will never return in our lifetimes ! Cyber-Fug
  • Score: 0

5:00pm Mon 17 May 10

southy says...

Cyber-Fug wrote:
I can, and I enjoy a decent debate but the problem with "debating" with you is that you have such a hatred for anyone with more than a £20.00 note in their pocket. You are so blinkered with your distorted vision of the Thatcher era that it makes it impossible to have a debate with you. I will point out just ONE little bit from your previous post.

"the right to buy was putting a rope around people necks "

The right to buy was giving people the opportunity for people to improve themselves and provide a good standing for the future of their families.

Yet you seem to think that this was a punishment because it wouldn't allow people to strike....... Since when has going on strike been mandatory in the work place ?

Wise up Mouthy...... Socialism is dead, it doesn't work and will never return in our lifetimes !
no cant not with out the insults coming from your mouth
and i dont have a distorted vision of facts about thatcher its just you like to paint a rosy picture of this fascist woman, told you history will not be kind to her, in the same way it was not kind to the PM wellington aka the iron duke, hence the nick name of thatcher the iron maiden.
the right to buy put a rope around there necks FACT, it was designed to make people think twice about striking and it work in a lot of cases, but people still lost there homes FACT. has returning back in our life times its all ready happening again FACT,
people just needed to be reminded off what capitalism really means, and we knew back in the late 80's all we needed to do was to sit back and wait. and it has now started, its capitalism that is dieing a very slow death, and is clinging on to power with its finger tips, and this power is on its very last legs big changes are on its way, its just a shame that they will be taken the libs with them, all other partys that has mps in government refuse to form a coalition with the torys because they know also they are on there way out and dont want to be drag with them. so wise up ploker. look around you what is happening all round the world. capitalism days are numbered.
[quote][p][bold]Cyber-Fug[/bold] wrote: I can, and I enjoy a decent debate but the problem with "debating" with you is that you have such a hatred for anyone with more than a £20.00 note in their pocket. You are so blinkered with your distorted vision of the Thatcher era that it makes it impossible to have a debate with you. I will point out just ONE little bit from your previous post. "the right to buy was putting a rope around people necks " The right to buy was giving people the opportunity for people to improve themselves and provide a good standing for the future of their families. Yet you seem to think that this was a punishment because it wouldn't allow people to strike....... Since when has going on strike been mandatory in the work place ? Wise up Mouthy...... Socialism is dead, it doesn't work and will never return in our lifetimes ![/p][/quote]no cant not with out the insults coming from your mouth and i dont have a distorted vision of facts about thatcher its just you like to paint a rosy picture of this fascist woman, told you history will not be kind to her, in the same way it was not kind to the PM wellington aka the iron duke, hence the nick name of thatcher the iron maiden. the right to buy put a rope around there necks FACT, it was designed to make people think twice about striking and it work in a lot of cases, but people still lost there homes FACT. has returning back in our life times its all ready happening again FACT, people just needed to be reminded off what capitalism really means, and we knew back in the late 80's all we needed to do was to sit back and wait. and it has now started, its capitalism that is dieing a very slow death, and is clinging on to power with its finger tips, and this power is on its very last legs big changes are on its way, its just a shame that they will be taken the libs with them, all other partys that has mps in government refuse to form a coalition with the torys because they know also they are on there way out and dont want to be drag with them. so wise up ploker. look around you what is happening all round the world. capitalism days are numbered. southy
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree