Election poster thefts investigated by police

PARTY bosses have called in the cops after a spate of thefts of and attacks on their election posters.

Both Conservatives and Liberal Democrats have complained of the vandalism and the over night disappearance of prominent posters in the tight race for Romsey and Southampton North.

Tories are alleging a “systematic” destruction of up to 100 of their posters, which they said amounted to “serious intimation” of the democratic process, and claimed they had no evidence it was happening to Lib Dem posters.

Their candidate Caroline Nokes said: “Even at my own home, at midnight I heard people attempting to take my own poster down.”

She added: “We are prepared to accept the occasional graffiti in the spirit of the election but what is going on seems to be planned and premeditated.”

“Our chairman has warned of strong action against our supporters if anybody should attempt to damage opposition posters but it seems this has not been reciprocated by our political opponents.”

Marc Gascgoine, agent for Lib Dem candidate Sandra Gidley, MP since 2000, said he had reported damage and thefts of both their own and Tory posters.

He said: “We suspect it’s an anti-politics thing rather than anything else.”

Similar complaints of poster attacks have been made by the Tories and Lib Dems in Winchester.

Martin Tod, the Lib Dem candidate said they had also seen a problem across the constituency including 27 posters reported last Thursday in Littleton and Harestock as well as problems in Chandler’s Ford, Hiltingbury, Littleton, Otterbourne, Shawford, Badger Farm, Westgate, Wonston & Micheldever and Sparsholt.

A police spokesman confirmed they were looking into complaints from both parties about stolen and vandalised posters. Anyone targeting billboards could face criminal damage charges which may result in a fine or court appearance.

Comments (32)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:14am Wed 5 May 10

Brite Spark says...

There have been a a fair few election poster thefts in Gosport and Lee on Solent, I think that the local population have got the hots for Caroline Dineage, there are rumoured to be Miss Dineage posters on a lot of the towns bedroom walls now!
There have been a a fair few election poster thefts in Gosport and Lee on Solent, I think that the local population have got the hots for Caroline Dineage, there are rumoured to be Miss Dineage posters on a lot of the towns bedroom walls now! Brite Spark
  • Score: 0

7:18am Wed 5 May 10

Brite Spark says...

Hmmm .... I'm not sure who would want a poster of Sandra Gidley?!
Hmmm .... I'm not sure who would want a poster of Sandra Gidley?! Brite Spark
  • Score: 0

7:36am Wed 5 May 10

clausentum says...

Brite Spark wrote:
Hmmm .... I'm not sure who would want a poster of Sandra Gidley?!
A crusty dusty musty old disenchanted Labour supporter with just the one 78LP playing over and over and over again, who no longer has the hots for Mrs T as she past her sell-by-date????? "
[quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Hmmm .... I'm not sure who would want a poster of Sandra Gidley?![/p][/quote]A crusty dusty musty old disenchanted Labour supporter with just the one 78LP playing over and over and over again, who no longer has the hots for Mrs T as she past her sell-by-date????? " clausentum
  • Score: 0

8:14am Wed 5 May 10

SotonNorth says...

Nice to know the Police are investigating thefts of political posters rather than catching real criminals. I know theft is theft, but even so, it seems like a waste of resources to me.
Nice to know the Police are investigating thefts of political posters rather than catching real criminals. I know theft is theft, but even so, it seems like a waste of resources to me. SotonNorth
  • Score: 0

8:58am Wed 5 May 10

Bartonian says...

I don't see the point in declaring one's political intentions by putting up these posters. Some of them are too large and also they are "in your face." They are worse than estate agents signs.
I don't see the point in declaring one's political intentions by putting up these posters. Some of them are too large and also they are "in your face." They are worse than estate agents signs. Bartonian
  • Score: 0

9:06am Wed 5 May 10

freefinker says...

clausentum wrote:
Brite Spark wrote:
Hmmm .... I'm not sure who would want a poster of Sandra Gidley?!
A crusty dusty musty old disenchanted Labour supporter with just the one 78LP playing over and over and over again, who no longer has the hots for Mrs T as she past her sell-by-date????? "
78LP's?
Well there's a new concept.
[quote][p][bold]clausentum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Hmmm .... I'm not sure who would want a poster of Sandra Gidley?![/p][/quote]A crusty dusty musty old disenchanted Labour supporter with just the one 78LP playing over and over and over again, who no longer has the hots for Mrs T as she past her sell-by-date????? "[/p][/quote]78LP's? Well there's a new concept. freefinker
  • Score: 0

9:25am Wed 5 May 10

Spokesman for the Animals says...

freefinker wrote:
clausentum wrote:
Brite Spark wrote:
Hmmm .... I'm not sure who would want a poster of Sandra Gidley?!
A crusty dusty musty old disenchanted Labour supporter with just the one 78LP playing over and over and over again, who no longer has the hots for Mrs T as she past her sell-by-date????? "
78LP's?
Well there's a new concept.
EPs

Why would a labor suppoter have the hots for thatcher?
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]clausentum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Hmmm .... I'm not sure who would want a poster of Sandra Gidley?![/p][/quote]A crusty dusty musty old disenchanted Labour supporter with just the one 78LP playing over and over and over again, who no longer has the hots for Mrs T as she past her sell-by-date????? "[/p][/quote]78LP's? Well there's a new concept.[/p][/quote]EPs Why would a labor suppoter have the hots for thatcher? Spokesman for the Animals
  • Score: 0

9:39am Wed 5 May 10

Walter Kurtz says...

I have managed to resist getting my marker pen out under the cover of darkness and blacking the 2 front teeth in addition to adding a moustache & glasses to the massive Caroline Nokes poster in my village....the thought of it happening gives me a wry smile every time I pass it though!
I have managed to resist getting my marker pen out under the cover of darkness and blacking the 2 front teeth in addition to adding a moustache & glasses to the massive Caroline Nokes poster in my village....the thought of it happening gives me a wry smile every time I pass it though! Walter Kurtz
  • Score: 0

9:44am Wed 5 May 10

bogart259 says...

Glad to see that Police time is being put to good use, NOT!
Glad to see that Police time is being put to good use, NOT! bogart259
  • Score: 0

9:55am Wed 5 May 10

DCM says...

My Vote Lib Dem poster was ripped down too, and I live in the centre of Southampton.
It happens, it shouldn't but it does.
But for Caroline Noakes to suggest it's a concerted campaign by the Lib Dems is laughable, as if we have the time with our limited resources to go and remove signs! We're too busy trying to win votes by leafletting and talking to people!
My Vote Lib Dem poster was ripped down too, and I live in the centre of Southampton. It happens, it shouldn't but it does. But for Caroline Noakes to suggest it's a concerted campaign by the Lib Dems is laughable, as if we have the time with our limited resources to go and remove signs! We're too busy trying to win votes by leafletting and talking to people! DCM
  • Score: 0

9:55am Wed 5 May 10

freefinker says...

Love the blank space where the picture would normally be.
.
Echo has a sense of humour after all.
Love the blank space where the picture would normally be. . Echo has a sense of humour after all. freefinker
  • Score: 0

11:12am Wed 5 May 10

clausentum says...

Spokesman for the Animals wrote:
freefinker wrote:
clausentum wrote:
Brite Spark wrote:
Hmmm .... I'm not sure who would want a poster of Sandra Gidley?!
A crusty dusty musty old disenchanted Labour supporter with just the one 78LP playing over and over and over again, who no longer has the hots for Mrs T as she past her sell-by-date????? "
78LP's?
Well there's a new concept.
EPs

Why would a labor suppoter have the hots for thatcher?
A fake, fair weather Pinnoccio Canute-ing Falute-ing Socialist who drools over Tide Tables upside down and who cannot accept an Ice Rink will never be built in this fair city in a gazillion years?

Stockholm Syndrom subjected soul fed intense propaganda who ends up believing the World is flat and communist in colour??

Reverse-logic political perversion?

Someone who knows everything about everything that ever was and ever will be? But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?

Who knows? The World is a strange place, especially when considering the sanity/authenticity of some political poster pundits . . . say no more, a nod is as good as a wink to a fibbing Southy, Easty, Westy, Up-The Kyber-Pass, I-Left-My-Leftie-Vot
e-In-My-Back-Pocket-
And-It-Got-Mushed-In
-The Dry Cleaners-Sorta-Old Labour-Supporter????


Someone who heated their 78 LP and turned it into a natty flower bowl to house a single but wilting red rose to proudly display on their window-sill, behind faded net curtains?

Who knows?

So many imponderables in Life. ie Who is going to be the next USA lapdog to sit in number 10?
[quote][p][bold]Spokesman for the Animals[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]clausentum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Hmmm .... I'm not sure who would want a poster of Sandra Gidley?![/p][/quote]A crusty dusty musty old disenchanted Labour supporter with just the one 78LP playing over and over and over again, who no longer has the hots for Mrs T as she past her sell-by-date????? "[/p][/quote]78LP's? Well there's a new concept.[/p][/quote]EPs Why would a labor suppoter have the hots for thatcher?[/p][/quote]A fake, fair weather Pinnoccio Canute-ing Falute-ing Socialist who drools over Tide Tables upside down and who cannot accept an Ice Rink will never be built in this fair city in a gazillion years? Stockholm Syndrom subjected soul fed intense propaganda who ends up believing the World is flat and communist in colour?? Reverse-logic political perversion? Someone who knows everything about everything that ever was and ever will be? But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing? Who knows? The World is a strange place, especially when considering the sanity/authenticity of some political poster pundits . . . say no more, a nod is as good as a wink to a fibbing Southy, Easty, Westy, Up-The Kyber-Pass, I-Left-My-Leftie-Vot e-In-My-Back-Pocket- And-It-Got-Mushed-In -The Dry Cleaners-Sorta-Old Labour-Supporter???? Someone who heated their 78 LP and turned it into a natty flower bowl to house a single but wilting red rose to proudly display on their window-sill, behind faded net curtains? Who knows? So many imponderables in Life. ie Who is going to be the next USA lapdog to sit in number 10? clausentum
  • Score: 0

12:15pm Wed 5 May 10

Walter Kurtz says...

"But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?"
Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...
"But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?" Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything... Walter Kurtz
  • Score: 0

12:51pm Wed 5 May 10

Adrian Smith says...

SotonNorth wrote:
Nice to know the Police are investigating thefts of political posters rather than catching real criminals. I know theft is theft, but even so, it seems like a waste of resources to me.
I hope the Police are spending an equal or greater amount of time checking that posters have been legally displayed in the first place.
[quote][p][bold]SotonNorth[/bold] wrote: Nice to know the Police are investigating thefts of political posters rather than catching real criminals. I know theft is theft, but even so, it seems like a waste of resources to me.[/p][/quote]I hope the Police are spending an equal or greater amount of time checking that posters have been legally displayed in the first place. Adrian Smith
  • Score: 0

2:21pm Wed 5 May 10

Bartonian says...

DCM wrote:
My Vote Lib Dem poster was ripped down too, and I live in the centre of Southampton. It happens, it shouldn't but it does. But for Caroline Noakes to suggest it's a concerted campaign by the Lib Dems is laughable, as if we have the time with our limited resources to go and remove signs! We're too busy trying to win votes by leafletting and talking to people!
It is, and I know the culprits who tore down conservative posters in my area in 2005. Don't want to provoke slander, but if I did say who is was, you'd be surprised. They even bragged about their achievements in the local hairdressers. At the end of the day, these tired out old parties are as bad as each other in their tit-for-tact attacks on each other, not to mention calling voters bigots.
[quote][p][bold]DCM[/bold] wrote: My Vote Lib Dem poster was ripped down too, and I live in the centre of Southampton. It happens, it shouldn't but it does. But for Caroline Noakes to suggest it's a concerted campaign by the Lib Dems is laughable, as if we have the time with our limited resources to go and remove signs! We're too busy trying to win votes by leafletting and talking to people![/p][/quote]It is, and I know the culprits who tore down conservative posters in my area in 2005. Don't want to provoke slander, but if I did say who is was, you'd be surprised. They even bragged about their achievements in the local hairdressers. At the end of the day, these tired out old parties are as bad as each other in their tit-for-tact attacks on each other, not to mention calling voters bigots. Bartonian
  • Score: 0

2:36pm Wed 5 May 10

southy says...

Walter Kurtz wrote:
"But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?"
Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...
all it is walter, its because i am a socialist and an atheist and he cant drive me off this web site like he and a few others have done so in the pass with other left wing thinking people. and because they was unable to do that, there are a few more left wing thinking people now starting to hang round and post on here.
the police need to look at that anti-democratic religious lot, there is only a very small number of those crack pots. but they are there.
[quote][p][bold]Walter Kurtz[/bold] wrote: "But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?" Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...[/p][/quote]all it is walter, its because i am a socialist and an atheist and he cant drive me off this web site like he and a few others have done so in the pass with other left wing thinking people. and because they was unable to do that, there are a few more left wing thinking people now starting to hang round and post on here. the police need to look at that anti-democratic religious lot, there is only a very small number of those crack pots. but they are there. southy
  • Score: 0

3:41pm Wed 5 May 10

Walter Kurtz says...

Those Creationists are a bit of an odd bunch Southy and strangely intolerant also.....
Those Creationists are a bit of an odd bunch Southy and strangely intolerant also..... Walter Kurtz
  • Score: 0

4:20pm Wed 5 May 10

southy says...

very true, but dont forget those fire and brimstone lot, they are just has bad, another lot that is undemocratic lot
very true, but dont forget those fire and brimstone lot, they are just has bad, another lot that is undemocratic lot southy
  • Score: 0

7:04pm Wed 5 May 10

Bartonian says...

southy wrote:
very true, but dont forget those fire and brimstone lot, they are just has bad, another lot that is undemocratic lot
What are you on about? You say that it is religious groups that are doing this, but you haven't got a shread of proof. Want to know something? I unfortunately studied politics as a degree and where I went to study, a lecturer who was a labour supporter was caught trying to hand out false ballot papers. There have been stories of people from all of our tired parties who were found guilty of rigging the postal voting system, two of which were in Havant four years ago. Prominent Lib Dems tore down posters in Chandler's Ford and were seen but they got away with it. I know, becuase I saw it happen! So don't be a chicken and give us your proof, otherwise stop incrimminating yourself.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: very true, but dont forget those fire and brimstone lot, they are just has bad, another lot that is undemocratic lot[/p][/quote]What are you on about? You say that it is religious groups that are doing this, but you haven't got a shread of proof. Want to know something? I unfortunately studied politics as a degree and where I went to study, a lecturer who was a labour supporter was caught trying to hand out false ballot papers. There have been stories of people from all of our tired parties who were found guilty of rigging the postal voting system, two of which were in Havant four years ago. Prominent Lib Dems tore down posters in Chandler's Ford and were seen but they got away with it. I know, becuase I saw it happen! So don't be a chicken and give us your proof, otherwise stop incrimminating yourself. Bartonian
  • Score: 0

7:29pm Wed 5 May 10

clausentum says...

Walter Kurtz wrote:
"But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?"
Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...
Deep.
[quote][p][bold]Walter Kurtz[/bold] wrote: "But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?" Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...[/p][/quote]Deep. clausentum
  • Score: 0

7:34pm Wed 5 May 10

clausentum says...

southy wrote:
Walter Kurtz wrote:
"But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?"
Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...
all it is walter, its because i am a socialist and an atheist and he cant drive me off this web site like he and a few others have done so in the pass with other left wing thinking people. and because they was unable to do that, there are a few more left wing thinking people now starting to hang round and post on here.
the police need to look at that anti-democratic religious lot, there is only a very small number of those crack pots. but they are there.
Put aside the bleeding heart whining persecution complex. It was the early Christians who got persecuted - thought you knew that. But maybe you are a closet Christian and fake Atheist, along with the clutter of all your other folksy fakiness??
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Walter Kurtz[/bold] wrote: "But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?" Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...[/p][/quote]all it is walter, its because i am a socialist and an atheist and he cant drive me off this web site like he and a few others have done so in the pass with other left wing thinking people. and because they was unable to do that, there are a few more left wing thinking people now starting to hang round and post on here. the police need to look at that anti-democratic religious lot, there is only a very small number of those crack pots. but they are there.[/p][/quote]Put aside the bleeding heart whining persecution complex. It was the early Christians who got persecuted - thought you knew that. But maybe you are a closet Christian and fake Atheist, along with the clutter of all your other folksy fakiness?? clausentum
  • Score: 0

12:06am Thu 6 May 10

Night Mare says...

A more serious "intimation" of the democratic process is the first past the post electoral system which can result in the losers being the winners and a vast swathe of the electorate being unrepresented in parliament.

To be fair we need to have some from of proportional representation.

Security word: disillusioned
A more serious "intimation" of the democratic process is the first past the post electoral system which can result in the losers being the winners and a vast swathe of the electorate being unrepresented in parliament. To be fair we need to have some from of proportional representation. Security word: disillusioned Night Mare
  • Score: 0

12:07am Thu 6 May 10

Night Mare says...

A more serious "intimation" of the democratic process is the first past the post electoral system which can result in the losers being the winners and a vast swathe of the electorate being unrepresented in parliament.

To be fair we need to have some form of proportional representation.

Security word: disillusioned
A more serious "intimation" of the democratic process is the first past the post electoral system which can result in the losers being the winners and a vast swathe of the electorate being unrepresented in parliament. To be fair we need to have some form of proportional representation. Security word: disillusioned Night Mare
  • Score: 0

12:23am Thu 6 May 10

southy says...

clausentum wrote:
southy wrote:
Walter Kurtz wrote:
"But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?"
Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...
all it is walter, its because i am a socialist and an atheist and he cant drive me off this web site like he and a few others have done so in the pass with other left wing thinking people. and because they was unable to do that, there are a few more left wing thinking people now starting to hang round and post on here.
the police need to look at that anti-democratic religious lot, there is only a very small number of those crack pots. but they are there.
Put aside the bleeding heart whining persecution complex. It was the early Christians who got persecuted - thought you knew that. But maybe you are a closet Christian and fake Atheist, along with the clutter of all your other folksy fakiness??
spitting the dummy out yet again. early christians might of got persecuted. less than 2,000 years ago. but not the first lot to be persecuted. and look at all the persecution that the christians have done ever since a mono religion was invented.
religion is an evil to the human race, out of most the wars in the last 2000 years, it been christians behind most of them and starting them. out of all the world religion's christians have been at the root cause of most wars.
[quote][p][bold]clausentum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Walter Kurtz[/bold] wrote: "But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?" Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...[/p][/quote]all it is walter, its because i am a socialist and an atheist and he cant drive me off this web site like he and a few others have done so in the pass with other left wing thinking people. and because they was unable to do that, there are a few more left wing thinking people now starting to hang round and post on here. the police need to look at that anti-democratic religious lot, there is only a very small number of those crack pots. but they are there.[/p][/quote]Put aside the bleeding heart whining persecution complex. It was the early Christians who got persecuted - thought you knew that. But maybe you are a closet Christian and fake Atheist, along with the clutter of all your other folksy fakiness??[/p][/quote]spitting the dummy out yet again. early christians might of got persecuted. less than 2,000 years ago. but not the first lot to be persecuted. and look at all the persecution that the christians have done ever since a mono religion was invented. religion is an evil to the human race, out of most the wars in the last 2000 years, it been christians behind most of them and starting them. out of all the world religion's christians have been at the root cause of most wars. southy
  • Score: 0

12:46am Thu 6 May 10

southy says...

Bartonian wrote:
southy wrote:
very true, but dont forget those fire and brimstone lot, they are just has bad, another lot that is undemocratic lot
What are you on about? You say that it is religious groups that are doing this, but you haven't got a shread of proof. Want to know something? I unfortunately studied politics as a degree and where I went to study, a lecturer who was a labour supporter was caught trying to hand out false ballot papers. There have been stories of people from all of our tired parties who were found guilty of rigging the postal voting system, two of which were in Havant four years ago. Prominent Lib Dems tore down posters in Chandler's Ford and were seen but they got away with it. I know, becuase I saw it happen! So don't be a chicken and give us your proof, otherwise stop incrimminating yourself.
are you a member of this anti-democratic religious lot, you sound like one. i not incrimminating myself and theres you who said you studied politics, should know that, so i take it you was't any good at it, mind you thats not an easy one to study you can study politics a whole life time and still only scratch the edge, there is to many veriables in the pass and in the future, your final lesson would off been, whitch type of politics will dominate in the near future (this could mean any where up to the next 200 years to take place) and why and what could happen next, you answer here should of been socialism is the next type of politics, with atheist politics following.

tell me some thing what are the religious lot going to do when mankind comes across and meets up with a superior alien that dont look like man, are they going to change the bible yet again, because its will happen sooner or later, there are way to many stars in the sky with planets for it not to happen, the odds say it will
[quote][p][bold]Bartonian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: very true, but dont forget those fire and brimstone lot, they are just has bad, another lot that is undemocratic lot[/p][/quote]What are you on about? You say that it is religious groups that are doing this, but you haven't got a shread of proof. Want to know something? I unfortunately studied politics as a degree and where I went to study, a lecturer who was a labour supporter was caught trying to hand out false ballot papers. There have been stories of people from all of our tired parties who were found guilty of rigging the postal voting system, two of which were in Havant four years ago. Prominent Lib Dems tore down posters in Chandler's Ford and were seen but they got away with it. I know, becuase I saw it happen! So don't be a chicken and give us your proof, otherwise stop incrimminating yourself.[/p][/quote]are you a member of this anti-democratic religious lot, you sound like one. i not incrimminating myself and theres you who said you studied politics, should know that, so i take it you was't any good at it, mind you thats not an easy one to study you can study politics a whole life time and still only scratch the edge, there is to many veriables in the pass and in the future, your final lesson would off been, whitch type of politics will dominate in the near future (this could mean any where up to the next 200 years to take place) and why and what could happen next, you answer here should of been socialism is the next type of politics, with atheist politics following. tell me some thing what are the religious lot going to do when mankind comes across and meets up with a superior alien that dont look like man, are they going to change the bible yet again, because its will happen sooner or later, there are way to many stars in the sky with planets for it not to happen, the odds say it will southy
  • Score: 0

12:51am Thu 6 May 10

clausentum says...

southy wrote:
clausentum wrote:
southy wrote:
Walter Kurtz wrote:
"But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?"
Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...
all it is walter, its because i am a socialist and an atheist and he cant drive me off this web site like he and a few others have done so in the pass with other left wing thinking people. and because they was unable to do that, there are a few more left wing thinking people now starting to hang round and post on here.
the police need to look at that anti-democratic religious lot, there is only a very small number of those crack pots. but they are there.
Put aside the bleeding heart whining persecution complex. It was the early Christians who got persecuted - thought you knew that. But maybe you are a closet Christian and fake Atheist, along with the clutter of all your other folksy fakiness??
spitting the dummy out yet again. early christians might of got persecuted. less than 2,000 years ago. but not the first lot to be persecuted. and look at all the persecution that the christians have done ever since a mono religion was invented.
religion is an evil to the human race, out of most the wars in the last 2000 years, it been christians behind most of them and starting them. out of all the world religion's christians have been at the root cause of most wars.
There you go again . . . rambling as usual and spouting dribbling dreary grey nonsense.

Such myopic defensiveness - it teeters on acutely boring the socks off anyone with more than a mono brain cell.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]clausentum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Walter Kurtz[/bold] wrote: "But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?" Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...[/p][/quote]all it is walter, its because i am a socialist and an atheist and he cant drive me off this web site like he and a few others have done so in the pass with other left wing thinking people. and because they was unable to do that, there are a few more left wing thinking people now starting to hang round and post on here. the police need to look at that anti-democratic religious lot, there is only a very small number of those crack pots. but they are there.[/p][/quote]Put aside the bleeding heart whining persecution complex. It was the early Christians who got persecuted - thought you knew that. But maybe you are a closet Christian and fake Atheist, along with the clutter of all your other folksy fakiness??[/p][/quote]spitting the dummy out yet again. early christians might of got persecuted. less than 2,000 years ago. but not the first lot to be persecuted. and look at all the persecution that the christians have done ever since a mono religion was invented. religion is an evil to the human race, out of most the wars in the last 2000 years, it been christians behind most of them and starting them. out of all the world religion's christians have been at the root cause of most wars.[/p][/quote]There you go again . . . rambling as usual and spouting dribbling dreary grey nonsense. Such myopic defensiveness - it teeters on acutely boring the socks off anyone with more than a mono brain cell. clausentum
  • Score: 0

9:42am Thu 6 May 10

allsaintsnocurves says...

Nice to see people sticking up for crime! lol. Shows what a great state our country is in...that's exactly what the policy have to do with minimal resources at the moment..."is anyone getting stabbed or shot at this precise moment? No...well it's not in our jurisdiction then"...and whose fault is that? Labour...with all their red tape and administration the police spend more time in an office rather than out catching criminals.

Come on the Tories and the Libs...the top 2 parties in the country!!
Nice to see people sticking up for crime! lol. Shows what a great state our country is in...that's exactly what the policy have to do with minimal resources at the moment..."is anyone getting stabbed or shot at this precise moment? No...well it's not in our jurisdiction then"...and whose fault is that? Labour...with all their red tape and administration the police spend more time in an office rather than out catching criminals. Come on the Tories and the Libs...the top 2 parties in the country!! allsaintsnocurves
  • Score: 0

9:42am Thu 6 May 10

allsaintsnocurves says...

Nice to see people sticking up for crime! lol. Shows what a great state our country is in...that's exactly what the policy have to do with minimal resources at the moment..."is anyone getting stabbed or shot at this precise moment? No...well it's not in our jurisdiction then"...and whose fault is that? Labour...with all their red tape and administration the police spend more time in an office rather than out catching criminals.

Come on the Tories and the Libs...the top 2 parties in the country!!
Nice to see people sticking up for crime! lol. Shows what a great state our country is in...that's exactly what the policy have to do with minimal resources at the moment..."is anyone getting stabbed or shot at this precise moment? No...well it's not in our jurisdiction then"...and whose fault is that? Labour...with all their red tape and administration the police spend more time in an office rather than out catching criminals. Come on the Tories and the Libs...the top 2 parties in the country!! allsaintsnocurves
  • Score: 0

11:26am Thu 6 May 10

southy says...

allsaintsnocurves wrote:
Nice to see people sticking up for crime! lol. Shows what a great state our country is in...that's exactly what the policy have to do with minimal resources at the moment..."is anyone getting stabbed or shot at this precise moment? No...well it's not in our jurisdiction then"...and whose fault is that? Labour...with all their red tape and administration the police spend more time in an office rather than out catching criminals.

Come on the Tories and the Libs...the top 2 parties in the country!!
the labour party is your new tory party, just that the torys are more extreme to the right, they are that close to being an extreme right wing party you might has well call them the the new bnp.
[quote][p][bold]allsaintsnocurves[/bold] wrote: Nice to see people sticking up for crime! lol. Shows what a great state our country is in...that's exactly what the policy have to do with minimal resources at the moment..."is anyone getting stabbed or shot at this precise moment? No...well it's not in our jurisdiction then"...and whose fault is that? Labour...with all their red tape and administration the police spend more time in an office rather than out catching criminals. Come on the Tories and the Libs...the top 2 parties in the country!![/p][/quote]the labour party is your new tory party, just that the torys are more extreme to the right, they are that close to being an extreme right wing party you might has well call them the the new bnp. southy
  • Score: 0

11:32am Thu 6 May 10

southy says...

clausentum wrote:
southy wrote:
clausentum wrote:
southy wrote:
Walter Kurtz wrote:
"But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?"
Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...
all it is walter, its because i am a socialist and an atheist and he cant drive me off this web site like he and a few others have done so in the pass with other left wing thinking people. and because they was unable to do that, there are a few more left wing thinking people now starting to hang round and post on here.
the police need to look at that anti-democratic religious lot, there is only a very small number of those crack pots. but they are there.
Put aside the bleeding heart whining persecution complex. It was the early Christians who got persecuted - thought you knew that. But maybe you are a closet Christian and fake Atheist, along with the clutter of all your other folksy fakiness??
spitting the dummy out yet again. early christians might of got persecuted. less than 2,000 years ago. but not the first lot to be persecuted. and look at all the persecution that the christians have done ever since a mono religion was invented.
religion is an evil to the human race, out of most the wars in the last 2000 years, it been christians behind most of them and starting them. out of all the world religion's christians have been at the root cause of most wars.
There you go again . . . rambling as usual and spouting dribbling dreary grey nonsense.

Such myopic defensiveness - it teeters on acutely boring the socks off anyone with more than a mono brain cell.
whats up a few hard cold facts scares you. or its to much for your tiny little brain. you got one hell of a narrow life. please be my guest and carry on you are only discrediting your self and no one else. so no harm dont to any one but your self.
[quote][p][bold]clausentum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]clausentum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Walter Kurtz[/bold] wrote: "But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?" Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...[/p][/quote]all it is walter, its because i am a socialist and an atheist and he cant drive me off this web site like he and a few others have done so in the pass with other left wing thinking people. and because they was unable to do that, there are a few more left wing thinking people now starting to hang round and post on here. the police need to look at that anti-democratic religious lot, there is only a very small number of those crack pots. but they are there.[/p][/quote]Put aside the bleeding heart whining persecution complex. It was the early Christians who got persecuted - thought you knew that. But maybe you are a closet Christian and fake Atheist, along with the clutter of all your other folksy fakiness??[/p][/quote]spitting the dummy out yet again. early christians might of got persecuted. less than 2,000 years ago. but not the first lot to be persecuted. and look at all the persecution that the christians have done ever since a mono religion was invented. religion is an evil to the human race, out of most the wars in the last 2000 years, it been christians behind most of them and starting them. out of all the world religion's christians have been at the root cause of most wars.[/p][/quote]There you go again . . . rambling as usual and spouting dribbling dreary grey nonsense. Such myopic defensiveness - it teeters on acutely boring the socks off anyone with more than a mono brain cell.[/p][/quote]whats up a few hard cold facts scares you. or its to much for your tiny little brain. you got one hell of a narrow life. please be my guest and carry on you are only discrediting your self and no one else. so no harm dont to any one but your self. southy
  • Score: 0

4:33pm Thu 6 May 10

clausentum says...

southy wrote:
clausentum wrote:
southy wrote:
clausentum wrote:
southy wrote:
Walter Kurtz wrote:
"But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?"
Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...
all it is walter, its because i am a socialist and an atheist and he cant drive me off this web site like he and a few others have done so in the pass with other left wing thinking people. and because they was unable to do that, there are a few more left wing thinking people now starting to hang round and post on here.
the police need to look at that anti-democratic religious lot, there is only a very small number of those crack pots. but they are there.
Put aside the bleeding heart whining persecution complex. It was the early Christians who got persecuted - thought you knew that. But maybe you are a closet Christian and fake Atheist, along with the clutter of all your other folksy fakiness??
spitting the dummy out yet again. early christians might of got persecuted. less than 2,000 years ago. but not the first lot to be persecuted. and look at all the persecution that the christians have done ever since a mono religion was invented.
religion is an evil to the human race, out of most the wars in the last 2000 years, it been christians behind most of them and starting them. out of all the world religion's christians have been at the root cause of most wars.
There you go again . . . rambling as usual and spouting dribbling dreary grey nonsense.

Such myopic defensiveness - it teeters on acutely boring the socks off anyone with more than a mono brain cell.
whats up a few hard cold facts scares you. or its to much for your tiny little brain. you got one hell of a narrow life. please be my guest and carry on you are only discrediting your self and no one else. so no harm dont to any one but your self.
Almost intelligible.

Almost lucid.

Almost readable.

Not your usual disjoined pathetic prose.

I guess you got someone to write for you. But a one out of ten literary effort doesn't mask the dumb brain struggling to communicate.

You really don't get it. You get wrapped up in defending your personality. That is not the issue. The issue is your tired, clapped-out 19th century failed ideas and dreary thinking in clumsily and dishonestly promoting them. Thank heavens your ideas will never win the day.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]clausentum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]clausentum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Walter Kurtz[/bold] wrote: "But who in Truth knows sod all about nothing?" Surely this sentance indicates that whoever you are referring to is therefore very knowledgable with regard to everything...[/p][/quote]all it is walter, its because i am a socialist and an atheist and he cant drive me off this web site like he and a few others have done so in the pass with other left wing thinking people. and because they was unable to do that, there are a few more left wing thinking people now starting to hang round and post on here. the police need to look at that anti-democratic religious lot, there is only a very small number of those crack pots. but they are there.[/p][/quote]Put aside the bleeding heart whining persecution complex. It was the early Christians who got persecuted - thought you knew that. But maybe you are a closet Christian and fake Atheist, along with the clutter of all your other folksy fakiness??[/p][/quote]spitting the dummy out yet again. early christians might of got persecuted. less than 2,000 years ago. but not the first lot to be persecuted. and look at all the persecution that the christians have done ever since a mono religion was invented. religion is an evil to the human race, out of most the wars in the last 2000 years, it been christians behind most of them and starting them. out of all the world religion's christians have been at the root cause of most wars.[/p][/quote]There you go again . . . rambling as usual and spouting dribbling dreary grey nonsense. Such myopic defensiveness - it teeters on acutely boring the socks off anyone with more than a mono brain cell.[/p][/quote]whats up a few hard cold facts scares you. or its to much for your tiny little brain. you got one hell of a narrow life. please be my guest and carry on you are only discrediting your self and no one else. so no harm dont to any one but your self.[/p][/quote]Almost intelligible. Almost lucid. Almost readable. Not your usual disjoined pathetic prose. I guess you got someone to write for you. But a one out of ten literary effort doesn't mask the dumb brain struggling to communicate. You really don't get it. You get wrapped up in defending your personality. That is not the issue. The issue is your tired, clapped-out 19th century failed ideas and dreary thinking in clumsily and dishonestly promoting them. Thank heavens your ideas will never win the day. clausentum
  • Score: 0

6:45pm Thu 6 May 10

Saint Damo says...

DCM wrote:
My Vote Lib Dem poster was ripped down too, and I live in the centre of Southampton. It happens, it shouldn't but it does. But for Caroline Noakes to suggest it's a concerted campaign by the Lib Dems is laughable, as if we have the time with our limited resources to go and remove signs! We're too busy trying to win votes by leafletting and talking to people!
It would be alright if you actually leafletted people with Lib Dem policies, rather than the rubbish being put through my door saying, did you know that in 1972 your Tory rep for Hedge end Botley dropped chewing gum on the floor and laughed.. which is pretty much what you have based your whole campaign. Could I easily list the Tory policies.. yes.. Could I list yours? Absolutely not.. your whole campaign has been why not to vote Tory rather than what you are actually going to do. Your party and their tactics make me sick. I hope you lose!
[quote][p][bold]DCM[/bold] wrote: My Vote Lib Dem poster was ripped down too, and I live in the centre of Southampton. It happens, it shouldn't but it does. But for Caroline Noakes to suggest it's a concerted campaign by the Lib Dems is laughable, as if we have the time with our limited resources to go and remove signs! We're too busy trying to win votes by leafletting and talking to people![/p][/quote]It would be alright if you actually leafletted people with Lib Dem policies, rather than the rubbish being put through my door saying, did you know that in 1972 your Tory rep for Hedge end Botley dropped chewing gum on the floor and laughed.. which is pretty much what you have based your whole campaign. Could I easily list the Tory policies.. yes.. Could I list yours? Absolutely not.. your whole campaign has been why not to vote Tory rather than what you are actually going to do. Your party and their tactics make me sick. I hope you lose! Saint Damo
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree