A MAN who pretended to be a ghost by shouting "wooooo" at mourners in a cemetery has been fined.
Anthony Stallard had been kicking a football around in a Hampshire graveyard with a friend, while also making spooky noises close to be people visiting the graves of their loved ones.
Police were alerted and arresed and charged Stallard, 24, with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour likely to cause distress.
Prosecutor Tim Concannon said: "He was throwing himself backwards, waving his arms about and going “wooooooo”. I’m assuming he was pretending to be a ghost."
The incident happened in Kingston Cemetery in Portsmouth.
Stallard was fined £35 for his behaviour, as well as being ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £20 and court costs of a further £20.
Three months were also added to an existing suspended 12 sentence as a result of his actions.
- Controversial 'porn star in a van' tour heading to city
- Saints fan travels 10,000 miles for first match - and sees team win 8-0
- Mystery clown scaring children in shops
- VIDEO: Woman rescued by fire crews after getting head stuck in bottle bank
- Desperate Darwen burglar violated teddy bear
- Kitchen nightmare as workmen botch fitting
- Karaoke crown is just what the doctor ordered
- City dad's guide to changing loo roll goes viral