When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Adkins: I made right call to drop Kelvin
8:48pm Tuesday 1st January 2013 in Sport
The Polish stopper looked nervy on his return to the team at St Mary’s and fumbled a couple of early crosses after replacing the club captain.
It was the fifth time in just 20 Premier League games this season that Adkins has changed his number one, and it wasn’t a popular decision with some supporters.
However, he was adamant he made the call for the right reasons.
“These are the decisions you’ve got to go and make as a manager,” he reflected.
“Artur has obviously had a bit of a shaky start to the game but he’s gathered his composure and you know that’s what you’re going to get when you’ve got experienced goalkeepers in there.
“He’s been very impressive in training, his attitude has been outstanding so I’ve given him the opportunity.
“Kelvin everyone knows how much I like him, he’s top drawer.”
- Wenger: Saints could have won the European Cup had they kept all their star names
- Taider set to arrive from Inter - Osvaldo to go in opposite direction
- Benali's Big Run to hit WestQuay
- Koeman hoping for a hat-trick of signings
- Koeman delight over Tadic and Clyne pairing
Comments are closed on this article.