Saints players' place in the sun

Saints players are put through their paces at Barcelona's training ground.

Mauricio Pochettino puts Saints players Nathaniel Clyne, left, and Morgan Schneiderlin through their paces at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper

Nicola Cortese and Mauricio Pochettino watch the Saints players training

First published in Sport
Last updated

Saints were given a tour of the Nou Camp before being put through their paces at Barcelona’s training ground yesterday, as their trip to Spain with new boss Mauricio Pochettino began.

The squad are spending a few days away with their latest manager, as he and the players get to know each other while they also prepare for visits to Manchester United and Wigan next week.

Saints were shown round the home of Barcelona ahead of a session at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper – the Spanish giants’ training complex.

Pochettino and his team will remain abroad until the weekend, when they will return to Southampton.

Comments (26)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:47am Thu 24 Jan 13

Ferngully says...

Nigel did a great job but a whole new era begins ....
Nigel did a great job but a whole new era begins .... Ferngully
  • Score: 0

9:28am Thu 24 Jan 13

franiow says...

There are some great pictures showing the team enjoying themselves (and working!). Not that warm (about 11 deg)but sunny. Lallana now in full training...good to see. Fonte there, but no shots of him working.
The team flew out in a private plane and were greeted by a lot of press when they arrived. Our profile is definitely rising abroad.
There are some great pictures showing the team enjoying themselves (and working!). Not that warm (about 11 deg)but sunny. Lallana now in full training...good to see. Fonte there, but no shots of him working. The team flew out in a private plane and were greeted by a lot of press when they arrived. Our profile is definitely rising abroad. franiow
  • Score: 0

9:47am Thu 24 Jan 13

Alicesdad says...

Suddenly everything seems very exciting !!

I have great hopes for the future, and all this sudden interest in us is very flattering.

I must say though that whilst the players are seen at Barcelona's ground and the news about various international players is good to hear, we still need to be getting points on the board to ensure we stay in this league.

We have tough games ahead and mustn't lose focus with all these press puffs !! I'll believe the transfer rumours when I see them completed and overall I will be a lot happier when we have gone past the 40 point mark.

Pochettino is making an immediate impression which is what Cortese wanted to see. The fans will judge when the results are seen.
Suddenly everything seems very exciting !! I have great hopes for the future, and all this sudden interest in us is very flattering. I must say though that whilst the players are seen at Barcelona's ground and the news about various international players is good to hear, we still need to be getting points on the board to ensure we stay in this league. We have tough games ahead and mustn't lose focus with all these press puffs !! I'll believe the transfer rumours when I see them completed and overall I will be a lot happier when we have gone past the 40 point mark. Pochettino is making an immediate impression which is what Cortese wanted to see. The fans will judge when the results are seen. Alicesdad
  • Score: 0

9:56am Thu 24 Jan 13

Buddy SFC says...

Strange old world !! Gutted last week at seeing NA going , yet less than a week later and I feel excited about the future !

Shallow I may be , but really interested to see if NC/MP has made an impact and can bring in another quality player or two in this last week of the transfer window ??
Strange old world !! Gutted last week at seeing NA going , yet less than a week later and I feel excited about the future ! Shallow I may be , but really interested to see if NC/MP has made an impact and can bring in another quality player or two in this last week of the transfer window ?? Buddy SFC
  • Score: 0

10:22am Thu 24 Jan 13

One Heart....One Vision says...

Thinking on a tangent....if our Club's progress coud be measured in car gears...Alan Pardew Managed us in First Gear....Nigel Atkins Managed us in soild 2nd Gear (with a turbo)....and Maurico Pochettino will be Mangering in 3rd Gear......only the future will tell if we get into 4th or 5th Gear !!!...haha.

Exciting times ahead.
Thinking on a tangent....if our Club's progress coud be measured in car gears...Alan Pardew Managed us in First Gear....Nigel Atkins Managed us in soild 2nd Gear (with a turbo)....and Maurico Pochettino will be Mangering in 3rd Gear......only the future will tell if we get into 4th or 5th Gear !!!...haha. Exciting times ahead. One Heart....One Vision
  • Score: 0

10:25am Thu 24 Jan 13

Mush On The Beach says...

Nice to see the boys are getting familiar with the Nou Camp, they will be playing there regularly for Saints in a short while.

I’ve heard a few stories linking Nigel to Leeds, the new owners would be wise to snap him up now.
Nice to see the boys are getting familiar with the Nou Camp, they will be playing there regularly for Saints in a short while. I’ve heard a few stories linking Nigel to Leeds, the new owners would be wise to snap him up now. Mush On The Beach
  • Score: 0

10:26am Thu 24 Jan 13

EricMartin'sHat says...

One Heart....One Vision wrote:
Thinking on a tangent....if our Club's progress coud be measured in car gears...Alan Pardew Managed us in First Gear....Nigel Atkins Managed us in soild 2nd Gear (with a turbo)....and Maurico Pochettino will be Mangering in 3rd Gear......only the future will tell if we get into 4th or 5th Gear !!!...haha.

Exciting times ahead.
Ha ha - as long as we don't break down on the M6 next Wednesday!! We may need to call the AA, or should I say NA?
[quote][p][bold]One Heart....One Vision[/bold] wrote: Thinking on a tangent....if our Club's progress coud be measured in car gears...Alan Pardew Managed us in First Gear....Nigel Atkins Managed us in soild 2nd Gear (with a turbo)....and Maurico Pochettino will be Mangering in 3rd Gear......only the future will tell if we get into 4th or 5th Gear !!!...haha. Exciting times ahead.[/p][/quote]Ha ha - as long as we don't break down on the M6 next Wednesday!! We may need to call the AA, or should I say NA? EricMartin'sHat
  • Score: 0

10:29am Thu 24 Jan 13

JohnItaly says...

One Heart....One Vision wrote:
Thinking on a tangent....if our Club's progress coud be measured in car gears...Alan Pardew Managed us in First Gear....Nigel Atkins Managed us in soild 2nd Gear (with a turbo)....and Maurico Pochettino will be Mangering in 3rd Gear......only the future will tell if we get into 4th or 5th Gear !!!...haha.

Exciting times ahead.
I would like to think in terms of it being an automatic rise to 5th gear!
[quote][p][bold]One Heart....One Vision[/bold] wrote: Thinking on a tangent....if our Club's progress coud be measured in car gears...Alan Pardew Managed us in First Gear....Nigel Atkins Managed us in soild 2nd Gear (with a turbo)....and Maurico Pochettino will be Mangering in 3rd Gear......only the future will tell if we get into 4th or 5th Gear !!!...haha. Exciting times ahead.[/p][/quote]I would like to think in terms of it being an automatic rise to 5th gear! JohnItaly
  • Score: 0

10:35am Thu 24 Jan 13

JohnItaly says...

Buddy SFC wrote:
Strange old world !! Gutted last week at seeing NA going , yet less than a week later and I feel excited about the future !

Shallow I may be , but really interested to see if NC/MP has made an impact and can bring in another quality player or two in this last week of the transfer window ??
Going through the same emotions. Do not be too hard on yourself. Not sure you can accuse yourself of being shallow it is just that what you want is the best for the club and at the end of the day it is the success of the club that matters and not individuals within the club as they come and go. Now have very positive vibes for the future.
[quote][p][bold]Buddy SFC[/bold] wrote: Strange old world !! Gutted last week at seeing NA going , yet less than a week later and I feel excited about the future ! Shallow I may be , but really interested to see if NC/MP has made an impact and can bring in another quality player or two in this last week of the transfer window ??[/p][/quote]Going through the same emotions. Do not be too hard on yourself. Not sure you can accuse yourself of being shallow it is just that what you want is the best for the club and at the end of the day it is the success of the club that matters and not individuals within the club as they come and go. Now have very positive vibes for the future. JohnItaly
  • Score: 0

10:41am Thu 24 Jan 13

abcdefcuk says...

and some people thought we were skint! ha ha
and some people thought we were skint! ha ha abcdefcuk
  • Score: 0

11:14am Thu 24 Jan 13

SaintJD says...

As long as we don't forget we are in a battle, I'm happy.

Changing things radically or relaxing too much could be the difference between us achieving what we need to this season.

Good passing football with passion and pace and working hard when we haven't got the ball will do nicely.

Certainly Guly and Gaston seemed to be up for the physical stuff on Monday anyway, and the rest. Adam has also shown he's prepared to get in when required. We don't want any lazy Berbatov types.
As long as we don't forget we are in a battle, I'm happy. Changing things radically or relaxing too much could be the difference between us achieving what we need to this season. Good passing football with passion and pace and working hard when we haven't got the ball will do nicely. Certainly Guly and Gaston seemed to be up for the physical stuff on Monday anyway, and the rest. Adam has also shown he's prepared to get in when required. We don't want any lazy Berbatov types. SaintJD
  • Score: 0

11:30am Thu 24 Jan 13

CB FRY LIVES says...

Mush On The Beach wrote:
Nice to see the boys are getting familiar with the Nou Camp, they will be playing there regularly for Saints in a short while.

I’ve heard a few stories linking Nigel to Leeds, the new owners would be wise to snap him up now.
Good post.i think if things go to plan Saints will be back in europe playing competitive football.Just like in the days of TED BATES,LAWRIE MAC AND GORDON STRACHAN.
Come on MP .COYR
IN LITTLE PLUM OUR ARGIE CHUM WE TRUST.
[quote][p][bold]Mush On The Beach[/bold] wrote: Nice to see the boys are getting familiar with the Nou Camp, they will be playing there regularly for Saints in a short while. I’ve heard a few stories linking Nigel to Leeds, the new owners would be wise to snap him up now.[/p][/quote]Good post.i think if things go to plan Saints will be back in europe playing competitive football.Just like in the days of TED BATES,LAWRIE MAC AND GORDON STRACHAN. Come on MP .COYR IN LITTLE PLUM OUR ARGIE CHUM WE TRUST. CB FRY LIVES
  • Score: 0

11:33am Thu 24 Jan 13

Buddy SFC says...

JohnItaly wrote:
Buddy SFC wrote: Strange old world !! Gutted last week at seeing NA going , yet less than a week later and I feel excited about the future ! Shallow I may be , but really interested to see if NC/MP has made an impact and can bring in another quality player or two in this last week of the transfer window ??
Going through the same emotions. Do not be too hard on yourself. Not sure you can accuse yourself of being shallow it is just that what you want is the best for the club and at the end of the day it is the success of the club that matters and not individuals within the club as they come and go. Now have very positive vibes for the future.
Used to watch at the Dell when I was 13 ! 35 years of Cricket and Rugby later and my boys got me going again 3 years ago ........ Now all 3 of us are season ticket holders and have loved it , this year particularly watching the palyers grow mentally week by week ...... Adam L being the classic, outpaced for the first few weeks , but boy did he learn and before his injury pure class ....... ! Friend of mine's son is besy mates with NA 's lad ..... will interesting if he has anything to 'say' ???
[quote][p][bold]JohnItaly[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Buddy SFC[/bold] wrote: Strange old world !! Gutted last week at seeing NA going , yet less than a week later and I feel excited about the future ! Shallow I may be , but really interested to see if NC/MP has made an impact and can bring in another quality player or two in this last week of the transfer window ??[/p][/quote]Going through the same emotions. Do not be too hard on yourself. Not sure you can accuse yourself of being shallow it is just that what you want is the best for the club and at the end of the day it is the success of the club that matters and not individuals within the club as they come and go. Now have very positive vibes for the future.[/p][/quote]Used to watch at the Dell when I was 13 ! 35 years of Cricket and Rugby later and my boys got me going again 3 years ago ........ Now all 3 of us are season ticket holders and have loved it , this year particularly watching the palyers grow mentally week by week ...... Adam L being the classic, outpaced for the first few weeks , but boy did he learn and before his injury pure class ....... ! Friend of mine's son is besy mates with NA 's lad ..... will interesting if he has anything to 'say' ??? Buddy SFC
  • Score: 0

1:35pm Thu 24 Jan 13

CB FRY LIVES says...

JohnItaly wrote:
One Heart....One Vision wrote:
Thinking on a tangent....if our Club's progress coud be measured in car gears...Alan Pardew Managed us in First Gear....Nigel Atkins Managed us in soild 2nd Gear (with a turbo)....and Maurico Pochettino will be Mangering in 3rd Gear......only the future will tell if we get into 4th or 5th Gear !!!...haha.

Exciting times ahead.
I would like to think in terms of it being an automatic rise to 5th gear!
along the coast at farton park they were going in reverse but now they have broken down and it is a case of shanks pony.with apologies to the late great BILL SHANKLEY.
[quote][p][bold]JohnItaly[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]One Heart....One Vision[/bold] wrote: Thinking on a tangent....if our Club's progress coud be measured in car gears...Alan Pardew Managed us in First Gear....Nigel Atkins Managed us in soild 2nd Gear (with a turbo)....and Maurico Pochettino will be Mangering in 3rd Gear......only the future will tell if we get into 4th or 5th Gear !!!...haha. Exciting times ahead.[/p][/quote]I would like to think in terms of it being an automatic rise to 5th gear![/p][/quote]along the coast at farton park they were going in reverse but now they have broken down and it is a case of shanks pony.with apologies to the late great BILL SHANKLEY. CB FRY LIVES
  • Score: 0

2:06pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Stroppy_gramps says...

I'm actually a little nervous of us spending too much. wouldn't want to do a Pompey would we?

oh wait...

we won't because we've got a decent stadium, a great youth academy and an owner who is actually interested in getting the club higher up the league.
I'm actually a little nervous of us spending too much. wouldn't want to do a Pompey would we? oh wait... we won't because we've got a decent stadium, a great youth academy and an owner who is actually interested in getting the club higher up the league. Stroppy_gramps
  • Score: 0

2:18pm Thu 24 Jan 13

SaintJD says...

CB FRY LIVES wrote:
Mush On The Beach wrote:
Nice to see the boys are getting familiar with the Nou Camp, they will be playing there regularly for Saints in a short while.

I’ve heard a few stories linking Nigel to Leeds, the new owners would be wise to snap him up now.
Good post.i think if things go to plan Saints will be back in europe playing competitive football.Just like in the days of TED BATES,LAWRIE MAC AND GORDON STRACHAN.
Come on MP .COYR
IN LITTLE PLUM OUR ARGIE CHUM WE TRUST.
Errr, let's not get too carried away.

Nice to see that the negative vibe from last week is gone, but the expectation has gone from one extreme to the other in my opinion.

Great to be optimistic, but I tend to find that sometimes fans that are quick to expect world domination can also be quick to turn on a team if they let them down.

Let's stay level headed and prepared to back them whatever happens, we might not be looking to Europe quite so much after Man Utd and Man City, but you never know.
[quote][p][bold]CB FRY LIVES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mush On The Beach[/bold] wrote: Nice to see the boys are getting familiar with the Nou Camp, they will be playing there regularly for Saints in a short while. I’ve heard a few stories linking Nigel to Leeds, the new owners would be wise to snap him up now.[/p][/quote]Good post.i think if things go to plan Saints will be back in europe playing competitive football.Just like in the days of TED BATES,LAWRIE MAC AND GORDON STRACHAN. Come on MP .COYR IN LITTLE PLUM OUR ARGIE CHUM WE TRUST.[/p][/quote]Errr, let's not get too carried away. Nice to see that the negative vibe from last week is gone, but the expectation has gone from one extreme to the other in my opinion. Great to be optimistic, but I tend to find that sometimes fans that are quick to expect world domination can also be quick to turn on a team if they let them down. Let's stay level headed and prepared to back them whatever happens, we might not be looking to Europe quite so much after Man Utd and Man City, but you never know. SaintJD
  • Score: 0

3:04pm Thu 24 Jan 13

CB FRY LIVES says...

SaintJD wrote:
CB FRY LIVES wrote:
Mush On The Beach wrote:
Nice to see the boys are getting familiar with the Nou Camp, they will be playing there regularly for Saints in a short while.

I’ve heard a few stories linking Nigel to Leeds, the new owners would be wise to snap him up now.
Good post.i think if things go to plan Saints will be back in europe playing competitive football.Just like in the days of TED BATES,LAWRIE MAC AND GORDON STRACHAN.
Come on MP .COYR
IN LITTLE PLUM OUR ARGIE CHUM WE TRUST.
Errr, let's not get too carried away.

Nice to see that the negative vibe from last week is gone, but the expectation has gone from one extreme to the other in my opinion.

Great to be optimistic, but I tend to find that sometimes fans that are quick to expect world domination can also be quick to turn on a team if they let them down.

Let's stay level headed and prepared to back them whatever happens, we might not be looking to Europe quite so much after Man Utd and Man City, but you never know.
I remember back in the late 1960s SAINTS went to OLD TRAFFORD supposedly like lambs to the slaughter and came home with a 4-1 win.all 4 goals courtesy of the great RON DAVIES and all from crosses supplied by JOHN SYDENHAM.The Utd centre half was England international and 4 times league winner,FA CUP winner,European Cup Winner and Munich survivor,BILL FOULKES.After the run around that our aerial welsh dragon DAVIES gave him Foulkes decided to hang up his boots.
Fast forward to 2013 Saints return to OLD TRAFORD expected to get drubbed and give the skanky mankies a 4-1 whipping.Rickie L. gets all 4 goals and both RIO FERDINAND AND SIR ALEX FERGUSSON throw in the towel and both announce their retirement.
YOU READ IT HERE FIRST FOLKS.
COYR.. LITTLE PLUMS REDSKIN ARMY ARE ON THE MARCH.
[quote][p][bold]SaintJD[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CB FRY LIVES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mush On The Beach[/bold] wrote: Nice to see the boys are getting familiar with the Nou Camp, they will be playing there regularly for Saints in a short while. I’ve heard a few stories linking Nigel to Leeds, the new owners would be wise to snap him up now.[/p][/quote]Good post.i think if things go to plan Saints will be back in europe playing competitive football.Just like in the days of TED BATES,LAWRIE MAC AND GORDON STRACHAN. Come on MP .COYR IN LITTLE PLUM OUR ARGIE CHUM WE TRUST.[/p][/quote]Errr, let's not get too carried away. Nice to see that the negative vibe from last week is gone, but the expectation has gone from one extreme to the other in my opinion. Great to be optimistic, but I tend to find that sometimes fans that are quick to expect world domination can also be quick to turn on a team if they let them down. Let's stay level headed and prepared to back them whatever happens, we might not be looking to Europe quite so much after Man Utd and Man City, but you never know.[/p][/quote]I remember back in the late 1960s SAINTS went to OLD TRAFFORD supposedly like lambs to the slaughter and came home with a 4-1 win.all 4 goals courtesy of the great RON DAVIES and all from crosses supplied by JOHN SYDENHAM.The Utd centre half was England international and 4 times league winner,FA CUP winner,European Cup Winner and Munich survivor,BILL FOULKES.After the run around that our aerial welsh dragon DAVIES gave him Foulkes decided to hang up his boots. Fast forward to 2013 Saints return to OLD TRAFORD expected to get drubbed and give the skanky mankies a 4-1 whipping.Rickie L. gets all 4 goals and both RIO FERDINAND AND SIR ALEX FERGUSSON throw in the towel and both announce their retirement. YOU READ IT HERE FIRST FOLKS. COYR.. LITTLE PLUMS REDSKIN ARMY ARE ON THE MARCH. CB FRY LIVES
  • Score: 0

3:43pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Mush On The Beach says...

CB FRY LIVES wrote:
SaintJD wrote:
CB FRY LIVES wrote:
Mush On The Beach wrote:
Nice to see the boys are getting familiar with the Nou Camp, they will be playing there regularly for Saints in a short while.

I’ve heard a few stories linking Nigel to Leeds, the new owners would be wise to snap him up now.
Good post.i think if things go to plan Saints will be back in europe playing competitive football.Just like in the days of TED BATES,LAWRIE MAC AND GORDON STRACHAN.
Come on MP .COYR
IN LITTLE PLUM OUR ARGIE CHUM WE TRUST.
Errr, let's not get too carried away.

Nice to see that the negative vibe from last week is gone, but the expectation has gone from one extreme to the other in my opinion.

Great to be optimistic, but I tend to find that sometimes fans that are quick to expect world domination can also be quick to turn on a team if they let them down.

Let's stay level headed and prepared to back them whatever happens, we might not be looking to Europe quite so much after Man Utd and Man City, but you never know.
I remember back in the late 1960s SAINTS went to OLD TRAFFORD supposedly like lambs to the slaughter and came home with a 4-1 win.all 4 goals courtesy of the great RON DAVIES and all from crosses supplied by JOHN SYDENHAM.The Utd centre half was England international and 4 times league winner,FA CUP winner,European Cup Winner and Munich survivor,BILL FOULKES.After the run around that our aerial welsh dragon DAVIES gave him Foulkes decided to hang up his boots.
Fast forward to 2013 Saints return to OLD TRAFORD expected to get drubbed and give the skanky mankies a 4-1 whipping.Rickie L. gets all 4 goals and both RIO FERDINAND AND SIR ALEX FERGUSSON throw in the towel and both announce their retirement.
YOU READ IT HERE FIRST FOLKS.
COYR.. LITTLE PLUMS REDSKIN ARMY ARE ON THE MARCH.
JD is of course quite right, BUT Mr Cortese has implied we should not be satisfied with the level that we are currently at, so I am on his bus of european / world domination for Saints. He don’t give a sh1t about what we think is reality, so the kudos or krap to bestowed on him will be well and truly earned, one way or the other. COYR
[quote][p][bold]CB FRY LIVES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SaintJD[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CB FRY LIVES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mush On The Beach[/bold] wrote: Nice to see the boys are getting familiar with the Nou Camp, they will be playing there regularly for Saints in a short while. I’ve heard a few stories linking Nigel to Leeds, the new owners would be wise to snap him up now.[/p][/quote]Good post.i think if things go to plan Saints will be back in europe playing competitive football.Just like in the days of TED BATES,LAWRIE MAC AND GORDON STRACHAN. Come on MP .COYR IN LITTLE PLUM OUR ARGIE CHUM WE TRUST.[/p][/quote]Errr, let's not get too carried away. Nice to see that the negative vibe from last week is gone, but the expectation has gone from one extreme to the other in my opinion. Great to be optimistic, but I tend to find that sometimes fans that are quick to expect world domination can also be quick to turn on a team if they let them down. Let's stay level headed and prepared to back them whatever happens, we might not be looking to Europe quite so much after Man Utd and Man City, but you never know.[/p][/quote]I remember back in the late 1960s SAINTS went to OLD TRAFFORD supposedly like lambs to the slaughter and came home with a 4-1 win.all 4 goals courtesy of the great RON DAVIES and all from crosses supplied by JOHN SYDENHAM.The Utd centre half was England international and 4 times league winner,FA CUP winner,European Cup Winner and Munich survivor,BILL FOULKES.After the run around that our aerial welsh dragon DAVIES gave him Foulkes decided to hang up his boots. Fast forward to 2013 Saints return to OLD TRAFORD expected to get drubbed and give the skanky mankies a 4-1 whipping.Rickie L. gets all 4 goals and both RIO FERDINAND AND SIR ALEX FERGUSSON throw in the towel and both announce their retirement. YOU READ IT HERE FIRST FOLKS. COYR.. LITTLE PLUMS REDSKIN ARMY ARE ON THE MARCH.[/p][/quote]JD is of course quite right, BUT Mr Cortese has implied we should not be satisfied with the level that we are currently at, so I am on his bus of european / world domination for Saints. He don’t give a sh1t about what we think is reality, so the kudos or krap to bestowed on him will be well and truly earned, one way or the other. COYR Mush On The Beach
  • Score: 0

5:34pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Tony Robertson says...

Since the change last week, I have looked closely at all the images in the various galleries on the offical website. It does seem that all our players seem very happy in the presence of MP. This can only bode well for the future. I can see us turning over a couple of northern teams next week!
European football may be here sooner than you think!
COYS
Since the change last week, I have looked closely at all the images in the various galleries on the offical website. It does seem that all our players seem very happy in the presence of MP. This can only bode well for the future. I can see us turning over a couple of northern teams next week! European football may be here sooner than you think! COYS Tony Robertson
  • Score: 0

6:39pm Thu 24 Jan 13

saint in dordogne says...

after seeing our players barcelona will bid for most of them
after seeing our players barcelona will bid for most of them saint in dordogne
  • Score: 0

6:48pm Thu 24 Jan 13

legh_langston says...

So the squad have gone to do an intensive Spanish language course - rather than Mo Po learning English?
So the squad have gone to do an intensive Spanish language course - rather than Mo Po learning English? legh_langston
  • Score: 0

7:26pm Thu 24 Jan 13

memush says...

Something positive is happening. Its the first time I ve seen a photo of Mr Cortese actually smiling.
Something positive is happening. Its the first time I ve seen a photo of Mr Cortese actually smiling. memush
  • Score: 0

9:57pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Buddy SFC says...

memush wrote:
Something positive is happening. Its the first time I ve seen a photo of Mr Cortese actually smiling.
I thought the same thing ! Even after Coventry last year he was stoney faced .......
[quote][p][bold]memush[/bold] wrote: Something positive is happening. Its the first time I ve seen a photo of Mr Cortese actually smiling.[/p][/quote]I thought the same thing ! Even after Coventry last year he was stoney faced ....... Buddy SFC
  • Score: 0

11:02pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Taupo bt says...

THE KING IS DEAD.LONG LIVE THE KING.
THE KING IS DEAD.LONG LIVE THE KING. Taupo bt
  • Score: 0

3:48pm Fri 25 Jan 13

allsaintsnocurves says...

This is very clever propaganda by NC and I am not having a go at him at all for it. Someone mentioned to me about the Everton game that there was a shot of Ricky chatting away to Pochettino before the match. Their oppinion of this and quite believably that this was staged to give off the impression the players can communicate with the coach.

Everything has been done efficiently and effectively with the way the new manager has come in and how the memory of Adkins has been removed from as many places as possible. No protest signs were allowed at the Everton game and all mention of Adkins from the programme etc.

I don't think this is particularly nice treatment of Adkins but it has squashed any bad feeling amongst fans and players with the decision and now we are united as one within the space of a week! Abramovich could learn a lot from Cortese!
This is very clever propaganda by NC and I am not having a go at him at all for it. Someone mentioned to me about the Everton game that there was a shot of Ricky chatting away to Pochettino before the match. Their oppinion of this and quite believably that this was staged to give off the impression the players can communicate with the coach. Everything has been done efficiently and effectively with the way the new manager has come in and how the memory of Adkins has been removed from as many places as possible. No protest signs were allowed at the Everton game and all mention of Adkins from the programme etc. I don't think this is particularly nice treatment of Adkins but it has squashed any bad feeling amongst fans and players with the decision and now we are united as one within the space of a week! Abramovich could learn a lot from Cortese! allsaintsnocurves
  • Score: 0

4:00pm Fri 25 Jan 13

CB FRY LIVES says...

As much as i don't trust cortese he can run rings round that chump abramovich.
As much as i don't trust cortese he can run rings round that chump abramovich. CB FRY LIVES
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree