Perez praise for strike duo

Jesus Perez

Jesus Perez

First published in Sport

Jesus Perez praised goalscorers Guly do Prado and Sam Gallagher after Saints made it through to the fifth round of the FA Cup.

Do Prado stepped up to convert a penalty for his first goal for more than two years while 18-year-old Gallagher, who has been with the academy since joining from Plymouth two years ago, netted his first senior strike as Saints beat Yeovil 2-0 at St Mary’s.

“I am happy for him (Guly) and the squad because it’s one player more to support the squad in the final part of the season,” said assistant manager Jesus Perez.

“Guly stayed away from the team because of a serious injury and he’s doing well, he’s working hard and deserves to be playing some minutes and scored a goal.

“It was an important moment for us to score the first goal because the team managed to relax and play better in the game.”

Speaking of Gallagher he added: “Sam Gallagher is doing and he has well played in the youth teams and also the academy is doing well not only with Sam but other top young talents.

“He is involved in the first team in a normal way training with the team and individual situations with the strikers.

“He appears in the first team and tries to get his opportunity.

“He’s still young and needs time and to stay without pressure but he is doing well.

“He has played some minutes with us in the league and in the cup games but he scored a nice goal.”

Comments (13)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:27pm Sat 25 Jan 14

sasmike says...

BYE BYE DANNY BOY YOR NOT NEEDED
BYE BYE DANNY BOY YOR NOT NEEDED sasmike
  • Score: -2

7:06pm Sat 25 Jan 14

peregrine73 says...

As stated before Osvaldo has not fitted in to the team,its time for him to go,let's get what we can for him.Teamspirit more important.
As stated before Osvaldo has not fitted in to the team,its time for him to go,let's get what we can for him.Teamspirit more important. peregrine73
  • Score: 3

8:58pm Sat 25 Jan 14

OSPREYSAINT says...

I think we have enough Oz threads already, this one is about Jesus Perez and todays game, stick to that if you can, please. (i.e. it's not an order which must be obeyed, just a request for fair play). I say well done to the team and well done Jesus, not a scintilating game, but an effective performance with the best possible result. What next? Home to Stuart Grays Owls perhaps? That would be a good one. Ball number 3 for us, we don't want 13.
I think we have enough Oz threads already, this one is about Jesus Perez and todays game, stick to that if you can, please. (i.e. it's not an order which must be obeyed, just a request for fair play). I say well done to the team and well done Jesus, not a scintilating game, but an effective performance with the best possible result. What next? Home to Stuart Grays Owls perhaps? That would be a good one. Ball number 3 for us, we don't want 13. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 4

9:40pm Sat 25 Jan 14

hedge end bob says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
I think we have enough Oz threads already, this one is about Jesus Perez and todays game, stick to that if you can, please. (i.e. it's not an order which must be obeyed, just a request for fair play). I say well done to the team and well done Jesus, not a scintilating game, but an effective performance with the best possible result. What next? Home to Stuart Grays Owls perhaps? That would be a good one. Ball number 3 for us, we don't want 13.
How do you know our ball number Ossie ??.
Not the best of games but a good result for the club and fans. It puts us into the last 16 ,so the next cup game please put out our strongest 11. Both goals well taken, Guly as cool as the weather today and Sam gave us a glimsp of the future.
I for one just hope THE DAILY ECHO will drop the Dani issue now and leave it in the hands of the club. Why dont the DE run a poll on should they drop it and leave the club to sort it out, or should they persist to try and run our club with their type writters ??
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: I think we have enough Oz threads already, this one is about Jesus Perez and todays game, stick to that if you can, please. (i.e. it's not an order which must be obeyed, just a request for fair play). I say well done to the team and well done Jesus, not a scintilating game, but an effective performance with the best possible result. What next? Home to Stuart Grays Owls perhaps? That would be a good one. Ball number 3 for us, we don't want 13.[/p][/quote]How do you know our ball number Ossie ??. Not the best of games but a good result for the club and fans. It puts us into the last 16 ,so the next cup game please put out our strongest 11. Both goals well taken, Guly as cool as the weather today and Sam gave us a glimsp of the future. I for one just hope THE DAILY ECHO will drop the Dani issue now and leave it in the hands of the club. Why dont the DE run a poll on should they drop it and leave the club to sort it out, or should they persist to try and run our club with their type writters ?? hedge end bob
  • Score: 2

9:57pm Sat 25 Jan 14

OSPREYSAINT says...

hedge end bob wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
I think we have enough Oz threads already, this one is about Jesus Perez and todays game, stick to that if you can, please. (i.e. it's not an order which must be obeyed, just a request for fair play). I say well done to the team and well done Jesus, not a scintilating game, but an effective performance with the best possible result. What next? Home to Stuart Grays Owls perhaps? That would be a good one. Ball number 3 for us, we don't want 13.
How do you know our ball number Ossie ??.
Not the best of games but a good result for the club and fans. It puts us into the last 16 ,so the next cup game please put out our strongest 11. Both goals well taken, Guly as cool as the weather today and Sam gave us a glimsp of the future.
I for one just hope THE DAILY ECHO will drop the Dani issue now and leave it in the hands of the club. Why dont the DE run a poll on should they drop it and leave the club to sort it out, or should they persist to try and run our club with their type writters ??
I have posted all the numbers on the Guly / Gallagher thread.
[quote][p][bold]hedge end bob[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: I think we have enough Oz threads already, this one is about Jesus Perez and todays game, stick to that if you can, please. (i.e. it's not an order which must be obeyed, just a request for fair play). I say well done to the team and well done Jesus, not a scintilating game, but an effective performance with the best possible result. What next? Home to Stuart Grays Owls perhaps? That would be a good one. Ball number 3 for us, we don't want 13.[/p][/quote]How do you know our ball number Ossie ??. Not the best of games but a good result for the club and fans. It puts us into the last 16 ,so the next cup game please put out our strongest 11. Both goals well taken, Guly as cool as the weather today and Sam gave us a glimsp of the future. I for one just hope THE DAILY ECHO will drop the Dani issue now and leave it in the hands of the club. Why dont the DE run a poll on should they drop it and leave the club to sort it out, or should they persist to try and run our club with their type writters ??[/p][/quote]I have posted all the numbers on the Guly / Gallagher thread. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

10:52pm Sat 25 Jan 14

OSPREYSAINT says...

The only downer today was the news that Rickie has a ham string problem and Boruc has a back problem, hope they can get that right by Tuesday.
The only downer today was the news that Rickie has a ham string problem and Boruc has a back problem, hope they can get that right by Tuesday. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

7:58am Sun 26 Jan 14

the south coast is ours says...

sasmike wrote:
BYE BYE DANNY BOY YOR NOT NEEDED
you mean wanted
[quote][p][bold]sasmike[/bold] wrote: BYE BYE DANNY BOY YOR NOT NEEDED[/p][/quote]you mean wanted the south coast is ours
  • Score: 0

8:00am Sun 26 Jan 14

the south coast is ours says...

the south coast is ours wrote:
sasmike wrote:
BYE BYE DANNY BOY YOR NOT NEEDED
you mean wanted
ment not wanted
[quote][p][bold]the south coast is ours[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sasmike[/bold] wrote: BYE BYE DANNY BOY YOR NOT NEEDED[/p][/quote]you mean wanted[/p][/quote]ment not wanted the south coast is ours
  • Score: -1

11:33am Sun 26 Jan 14

OSPREYSAINT says...

the south coast is ours wrote:
the south coast is ours wrote:
sasmike wrote:
BYE BYE DANNY BOY YOR NOT NEEDED
you mean wanted
ment not wanted
It's all down to Poch now, it won't matter what we think.
[quote][p][bold]the south coast is ours[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the south coast is ours[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sasmike[/bold] wrote: BYE BYE DANNY BOY YOR NOT NEEDED[/p][/quote]you mean wanted[/p][/quote]ment not wanted[/p][/quote]It's all down to Poch now, it won't matter what we think. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

11:42am Sun 26 Jan 14

el caballo santos101 says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
The only downer today was the news that Rickie has a ham string problem and Boruc has a back problem, hope they can get that right by Tuesday.
I know osprey can be a bit `osprey`, no offence osprey I actually don't mind, but why is there a thumbs down vote on this comment? I can only assume that if your a saints fan and clicked thumbs down, then you think that on a day when we progressed, without too much fuss, to the next round of the FA cup the news of those injuries is a good thing, or progressing to the next round is a bad thing. or your a fish lover who clicks just cause `its so funny doh`.
I know you don't worry about the thumbs down osprey, sometimes we all deserve it, but I don't get why a decent comment like this gets it.
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: The only downer today was the news that Rickie has a ham string problem and Boruc has a back problem, hope they can get that right by Tuesday.[/p][/quote]I know osprey can be a bit `osprey`, no offence osprey I actually don't mind, but why is there a thumbs down vote on this comment? I can only assume that if your a saints fan and clicked thumbs down, then you think that on a day when we progressed, without too much fuss, to the next round of the FA cup the news of those injuries is a good thing, or progressing to the next round is a bad thing. or your a fish lover who clicks just cause `its so funny doh`. I know you don't worry about the thumbs down osprey, sometimes we all deserve it, but I don't get why a decent comment like this gets it. el caballo santos101
  • Score: 0

12:22pm Sun 26 Jan 14

Velleity says...

Has anyone considered the pressure on Guly when he took the penalty?

He must have known that if he'd missed he'd have been booed off the pitch by the mindless tosspots who seem to hate him on sight.

It took immense bravery for him to take that on. I'm impressed and very, very pleased for him. With luck the confidence boost will last and hopefully result in a few more goals for him.
Has anyone considered the pressure on Guly when he took the penalty? He must have known that if he'd missed he'd have been booed off the pitch by the mindless tosspots who seem to hate him on sight. It took immense bravery for him to take that on. I'm impressed and very, very pleased for him. With luck the confidence boost will last and hopefully result in a few more goals for him. Velleity
  • Score: 7

3:27pm Sun 26 Jan 14

MccSaint says...

Also thought Harrison Reed had some nice touches when he came on, some good crosses.
Also thought Harrison Reed had some nice touches when he came on, some good crosses. MccSaint
  • Score: 0

5:04pm Sun 26 Jan 14

OSPREYSAINT says...

el caballo santos101 wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
The only downer today was the news that Rickie has a ham string problem and Boruc has a back problem, hope they can get that right by Tuesday.
I know osprey can be a bit `osprey`, no offence osprey I actually don't mind, but why is there a thumbs down vote on this comment? I can only assume that if your a saints fan and clicked thumbs down, then you think that on a day when we progressed, without too much fuss, to the next round of the FA cup the news of those injuries is a good thing, or progressing to the next round is a bad thing. or your a fish lover who clicks just cause `its so funny doh`.
I know you don't worry about the thumbs down osprey, sometimes we all deserve it, but I don't get why a decent comment like this gets it.
Thanks for that ecs, I suspect that there are a couple of stalkers that hit the thumbs down as soon as they see my name at the top of the thread, no matter if it gives them a little bit of pleasure, I do worry about the thumbs down if it goes into double figures, however, it indicates that I have something wrong and then I look to rectify the error of my ways. I am not the know-all that some people seem to indicate, what I don't know, I research and then I post the results, my data is only as good as the sources that I find.
[quote][p][bold]el caballo santos101[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: The only downer today was the news that Rickie has a ham string problem and Boruc has a back problem, hope they can get that right by Tuesday.[/p][/quote]I know osprey can be a bit `osprey`, no offence osprey I actually don't mind, but why is there a thumbs down vote on this comment? I can only assume that if your a saints fan and clicked thumbs down, then you think that on a day when we progressed, without too much fuss, to the next round of the FA cup the news of those injuries is a good thing, or progressing to the next round is a bad thing. or your a fish lover who clicks just cause `its so funny doh`. I know you don't worry about the thumbs down osprey, sometimes we all deserve it, but I don't get why a decent comment like this gets it.[/p][/quote]Thanks for that ecs, I suspect that there are a couple of stalkers that hit the thumbs down as soon as they see my name at the top of the thread, no matter if it gives them a little bit of pleasure, I do worry about the thumbs down if it goes into double figures, however, it indicates that I have something wrong and then I look to rectify the error of my ways. I am not the know-all that some people seem to indicate, what I don't know, I research and then I post the results, my data is only as good as the sources that I find. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree