Dejan Lovren says he is happy at Saints, despite rumoured Liverpool interest

Dejan Lovren

Dejan Lovren

First published in Sport
Last updated

Saints defender Dejan Lovren says he is happy at the club, despite rumoured interest from Liverpool.

The Reds, who have already submitted a bid for Adam Lallana, are said to be keen on bolstering their defence with the addition of the Croatian international.

Lovren, 24, has revealed he is in no rush to depart St Mary's, although he said it is ultimately up to the club to decide whether or not he stays.

He is quoted in Croatian sports paper Sportske Novosti as saying: "I follow the media and I saw that Liverpool is allegedly interested in me. But that is all that I know so far.

"I feel great at Southampton and my contract is valid for the next three years.

"So the only thing I can say right now is that the club is the one who decides."

Comments (38)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:18am Mon 19 May 14

BracknellSaint says...

What's this?!? A positive article from the Echo??!!
Oh, and I keep asking, but are the rumoured offers by Liverpool and Manure for Adam and Luke officially confirmed then? Do we have proof? Because these articles keep talking about them in those terms??
What's this?!? A positive article from the Echo??!! Oh, and I keep asking, but are the rumoured offers by Liverpool and Manure for Adam and Luke officially confirmed then? Do we have proof? Because these articles keep talking about them in those terms?? BracknellSaint
  • Score: 37

11:24am Mon 19 May 14

cpnhadock says...

Dejan - we love you hereon the South Coast!!... It is great to hear that you are happy here!!

Now we just need to make sure that we remind all of your colleagues just how much we love them too!!..

Luke & Adam - give us another year to grow and improve... lets build on your hard work!

Morgan, Victor & Jack - our midfield has become steely, industrious and inspirationl with you guys keeping us solid.... stay and keep us strong!

Nathaniel, Callum, Dejan, Jose - you guys have proven that being defenders can be equally eye catching and admired - appreciate all of the effort & energy!

Jay Rod, Lambo, Steve, Artur - you are all stars!..


Lets keep the team together and keep growing under MoPo!!

COYR!!
Dejan - we love you hereon the South Coast!!... It is great to hear that you are happy here!! Now we just need to make sure that we remind all of your colleagues just how much we love them too!!.. Luke & Adam - give us another year to grow and improve... lets build on your hard work! Morgan, Victor & Jack - our midfield has become steely, industrious and inspirationl with you guys keeping us solid.... stay and keep us strong! Nathaniel, Callum, Dejan, Jose - you guys have proven that being defenders can be equally eye catching and admired - appreciate all of the effort & energy! Jay Rod, Lambo, Steve, Artur - you are all stars!.. Lets keep the team together and keep growing under MoPo!! COYR!! cpnhadock
  • Score: 86

11:30am Mon 19 May 14

Clever Dick says...

Great player, who is now worth no less than 3 times what we paid for him. So bog off Liverpuddle with your paltry offer. And it's also great to know we have a player who understands that he has signed a contract. So like all of our other players it is up to the club whether they stay or go.
Great player, who is now worth no less than 3 times what we paid for him. So bog off Liverpuddle with your paltry offer. And it's also great to know we have a player who understands that he has signed a contract. So like all of our other players it is up to the club whether they stay or go. Clever Dick
  • Score: 56

11:35am Mon 19 May 14

Saint Jinx says...

cpnhadock wrote:
Dejan - we love you hereon the South Coast!!... It is great to hear that you are happy here!!

Now we just need to make sure that we remind all of your colleagues just how much we love them too!!..

Luke & Adam - give us another year to grow and improve... lets build on your hard work!

Morgan, Victor & Jack - our midfield has become steely, industrious and inspirationl with you guys keeping us solid.... stay and keep us strong!

Nathaniel, Callum, Dejan, Jose - you guys have proven that being defenders can be equally eye catching and admired - appreciate all of the effort & energy!

Jay Rod, Lambo, Steve, Artur - you are all stars!..


Lets keep the team together and keep growing under MoPo!!

COYR!!
Spot on! What an honest man. As F. Benali said, if St Mary's is not for you....

Wouldn't it be great if no-one left and we bought more quality. This is our moment.

Never in the field of Saints' history has so much depended on the decisions of so few...
[quote][p][bold]cpnhadock[/bold] wrote: Dejan - we love you hereon the South Coast!!... It is great to hear that you are happy here!! Now we just need to make sure that we remind all of your colleagues just how much we love them too!!.. Luke & Adam - give us another year to grow and improve... lets build on your hard work! Morgan, Victor & Jack - our midfield has become steely, industrious and inspirationl with you guys keeping us solid.... stay and keep us strong! Nathaniel, Callum, Dejan, Jose - you guys have proven that being defenders can be equally eye catching and admired - appreciate all of the effort & energy! Jay Rod, Lambo, Steve, Artur - you are all stars!.. Lets keep the team together and keep growing under MoPo!! COYR!![/p][/quote]Spot on! What an honest man. As F. Benali said, if St Mary's is not for you.... Wouldn't it be great if no-one left and we bought more quality. This is our moment. Never in the field of Saints' history has so much depended on the decisions of so few... Saint Jinx
  • Score: 47

11:38am Mon 19 May 14

Saint Jinx says...

cpnhadock wrote:
Dejan - we love you hereon the South Coast!!... It is great to hear that you are happy here!!

Now we just need to make sure that we remind all of your colleagues just how much we love them too!!..

Luke & Adam - give us another year to grow and improve... lets build on your hard work!

Morgan, Victor & Jack - our midfield has become steely, industrious and inspirationl with you guys keeping us solid.... stay and keep us strong!

Nathaniel, Callum, Dejan, Jose - you guys have proven that being defenders can be equally eye catching and admired - appreciate all of the effort & energy!

Jay Rod, Lambo, Steve, Artur - you are all stars!..


Lets keep the team together and keep growing under MoPo!!

COYR!!
Spot on! What an honest man. As F. Benali said, if St Mary's is not for you....

Wouldn't it be great if no-one left and we bought more quality. This is our moment.

Never in the field of Saints' history has so much depended on the decisions of so few...
[quote][p][bold]cpnhadock[/bold] wrote: Dejan - we love you hereon the South Coast!!... It is great to hear that you are happy here!! Now we just need to make sure that we remind all of your colleagues just how much we love them too!!.. Luke & Adam - give us another year to grow and improve... lets build on your hard work! Morgan, Victor & Jack - our midfield has become steely, industrious and inspirationl with you guys keeping us solid.... stay and keep us strong! Nathaniel, Callum, Dejan, Jose - you guys have proven that being defenders can be equally eye catching and admired - appreciate all of the effort & energy! Jay Rod, Lambo, Steve, Artur - you are all stars!.. Lets keep the team together and keep growing under MoPo!! COYR!![/p][/quote]Spot on! What an honest man. As F. Benali said, if St Mary's is not for you.... Wouldn't it be great if no-one left and we bought more quality. This is our moment. Never in the field of Saints' history has so much depended on the decisions of so few... Saint Jinx
  • Score: 10

11:45am Mon 19 May 14

Alicesdad says...

Remember .. ALL the speculation last week was created by the press, no player made any comments, neither did any of the the managers who names were being bandied about. No indiscreet tweets, no unguarded comments .. nothting at all.

Lovrens' comments are quite telling as even the players only hear what in the press.

I'm glad he's openly said he was happy here, it sets the right tone. A few more players would do well to follow his example. .

If you ignore the papers the lack of news is starting to look like theres no news because eveyone is staying put ... now that would be good and it would REALLY iritate the press.
Remember .. ALL the speculation last week was created by the press, no player made any comments, neither did any of the the managers who names were being bandied about. No indiscreet tweets, no unguarded comments .. nothting at all. Lovrens' comments are quite telling as even the players only hear what in the press. I'm glad he's openly said he was happy here, it sets the right tone. A few more players would do well to follow his example. . If you ignore the papers the lack of news is starting to look like theres no news because eveyone is staying put ... now that would be good and it would REALLY iritate the press. Alicesdad
  • Score: 48

12:03pm Mon 19 May 14

singapore saint84 says...

Finally...someone that make sense.. all that we fans ever needed to hear...
Finally...someone that make sense.. all that we fans ever needed to hear... singapore saint84
  • Score: 25

12:03pm Mon 19 May 14

St.Winch70 says...

Our best signing to date! I'm starting to get this very warm feeling that the manager is staying as are all the players that HE WANTS.....still relaxed about it all though as what will be will be.
Our best signing to date! I'm starting to get this very warm feeling that the manager is staying as are all the players that HE WANTS.....still relaxed about it all though as what will be will be. St.Winch70
  • Score: 28

12:19pm Mon 19 May 14

Jan28th1984 says...

Nice one Dejan, you know it makes sense.
Nice one Dejan, you know it makes sense. Jan28th1984
  • Score: 22

12:19pm Mon 19 May 14

Jan28th1984 says...

Or, if you're a Sun reader, nice one Diego, you know it makes sense.
Or, if you're a Sun reader, nice one Diego, you know it makes sense. Jan28th1984
  • Score: 20

1:01pm Mon 19 May 14

Confucious says...

Hurrah - the silence is broken. Thanks Dejan.
Hurrah - the silence is broken. Thanks Dejan. Confucious
  • Score: 21

1:25pm Mon 19 May 14

Strasbourg Saint says...

I notice that Sky and one of the rags has us and Spam fighting it out for Thimothée Kolodzieczak, a young French left back/wing back (with a very un-French name). He's highly rated and plays for Nice right now, but I don't know a lot about him. Maybe Frenchvic, StElssas or Killered know more.

Of course, like the press speak about our players, it's nothing more than speculation. It is, however, a reminder that we're not just on the 'wrong' end of transfer spec.
I notice that Sky and one of the rags has us and Spam fighting it out for Thimothée Kolodzieczak, a young French left back/wing back (with a very un-French name). He's highly rated and plays for Nice right now, but I don't know a lot about him. Maybe Frenchvic, StElssas or Killered know more. Of course, like the press speak about our players, it's nothing more than speculation. It is, however, a reminder that we're not just on the 'wrong' end of transfer spec. Strasbourg Saint
  • Score: 6

1:37pm Mon 19 May 14

FindAndDestroy says...

What a Man!!!!! we thank you for giving us such a remarkable assurance...DEJAN we love you..

NOW LIVERPOOL BACK OFF....

All these PL sharks want to raid the Saints, and want to see us go right back down....

Cortese once said we were no longer a selling club...
Well over to you Kat, this is your biggest test, show us your ambition..
What a Man!!!!! we thank you for giving us such a remarkable assurance...DEJAN we love you.. NOW LIVERPOOL BACK OFF.... All these PL sharks want to raid the Saints, and want to see us go right back down.... Cortese once said we were no longer a selling club... Well over to you Kat, this is your biggest test, show us your ambition.. FindAndDestroy
  • Score: 20

1:59pm Mon 19 May 14

bathsaints says...

Great to hear something positive and what a player he has been this season.....interesti
ng that he says it is upto the club to decide who stays and goes...a number of players have indicated that which on one hand implies players want to stay but also asks the question what are the board saying to players/what reassurances are they giving over direction

Anyway lets hope for more good news and lets push on..COYR
Great to hear something positive and what a player he has been this season.....interesti ng that he says it is upto the club to decide who stays and goes...a number of players have indicated that which on one hand implies players want to stay but also asks the question what are the board saying to players/what reassurances are they giving over direction Anyway lets hope for more good news and lets push on..COYR bathsaints
  • Score: 7

2:49pm Mon 19 May 14

NC Fan4Life says...

Lets hope that no news is good news.
All our young stars have contracts for the next three years and the club does not need to sell for financial reasons so hopefully Les & Ralph we will reject all bids.
Best to start to sign our targets and show the squad and media that we mean business, the bus is moving on so no reason to get off yet. Lets see where we are this time next season.
Just need to get MoPo to extend his contract and all the media hype & speculation will ease off.
Lets hope that no news is good news. All our young stars have contracts for the next three years and the club does not need to sell for financial reasons so hopefully Les & Ralph we will reject all bids. Best to start to sign our targets and show the squad and media that we mean business, the bus is moving on so no reason to get off yet. Lets see where we are this time next season. Just need to get MoPo to extend his contract and all the media hype & speculation will ease off. NC Fan4Life
  • Score: 6

3:31pm Mon 19 May 14

saintbobby says...

NC Fan4Life wrote:
Lets hope that no news is good news.
All our young stars have contracts for the next three years and the club does not need to sell for financial reasons so hopefully Les & Ralph we will reject all bids.
Best to start to sign our targets and show the squad and media that we mean business, the bus is moving on so no reason to get off yet. Lets see where we are this time next season.
Just need to get MoPo to extend his contract and all the media hype & speculation will ease off.
MoPo is the answer, I agree! I wonder if he realises that he will never be as popular in his life again if, IF, he signs an extension.

He was recruited to do a job. He did that job impressively and several players are better players than they were a year ago because of MoPo. So he stays, some additions arrive and hopefully none leave, then Saints should go off like a crackerjack in August.

It seems most here feel a lot better this week. BUT, everything is still crossed in hope.
[quote][p][bold]NC Fan4Life[/bold] wrote: Lets hope that no news is good news. All our young stars have contracts for the next three years and the club does not need to sell for financial reasons so hopefully Les & Ralph we will reject all bids. Best to start to sign our targets and show the squad and media that we mean business, the bus is moving on so no reason to get off yet. Lets see where we are this time next season. Just need to get MoPo to extend his contract and all the media hype & speculation will ease off.[/p][/quote]MoPo is the answer, I agree! I wonder if he realises that he will never be as popular in his life again if, IF, he signs an extension. He was recruited to do a job. He did that job impressively and several players are better players than they were a year ago because of MoPo. So he stays, some additions arrive and hopefully none leave, then Saints should go off like a crackerjack in August. It seems most here feel a lot better this week. BUT, everything is still crossed in hope. saintbobby
  • Score: 7

3:37pm Mon 19 May 14

Gary Clark says...

Its great news that Dejan Lovren has come out and said he's very happy at Saint's, be nice of more players followed suit to put an end to the speculation and uncertainty surrounding the football club. Giving the fact that Saint's were due to sit down with Pochettino at the end of the season, (which is over a week ago) means perhaps they are still talking and finalising plans for the future like player recruitment, budgets and pre-season friendlies/training schedule, and new contracts for Jack Cork and Jose Fonte? I think Pochettino made the decisions to release players something which he wouldn't have done if he was leaving???? No official job offer from Spurs to Pochettino so maybe they have turned there attentions to another manger instead!!!! I expect some news soon coyr coyr
Its great news that Dejan Lovren has come out and said he's very happy at Saint's, be nice of more players followed suit to put an end to the speculation and uncertainty surrounding the football club. Giving the fact that Saint's were due to sit down with Pochettino at the end of the season, (which is over a week ago) means perhaps they are still talking and finalising plans for the future like player recruitment, budgets and pre-season friendlies/training schedule, and new contracts for Jack Cork and Jose Fonte? I think Pochettino made the decisions to release players something which he wouldn't have done if he was leaving???? No official job offer from Spurs to Pochettino so maybe they have turned there attentions to another manger instead!!!! I expect some news soon coyr coyr Gary Clark
  • Score: 5

3:39pm Mon 19 May 14

Poole Tom says...

Probably the first bit of positive news since the season ended. However I am also encouraged by the fact that MoPo did`nt leave last week, unlike some other managers who either wanted out or were sacked. Furthermore our in demand players are now training with England so hopefully the annoying daily rumours about everyone is leaving will now cease, at least until after the World Cup. However I won`t hold my breath!
Probably the first bit of positive news since the season ended. However I am also encouraged by the fact that MoPo did`nt leave last week, unlike some other managers who either wanted out or were sacked. Furthermore our in demand players are now training with England so hopefully the annoying daily rumours about everyone is leaving will now cease, at least until after the World Cup. However I won`t hold my breath! Poole Tom
  • Score: 4

3:44pm Mon 19 May 14

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...

Strasbourg Saint wrote:
I notice that Sky and one of the rags has us and Spam fighting it out for Thimothée Kolodzieczak, a young French left back/wing back (with a very un-French name). He's highly rated and plays for Nice right now, but I don't know a lot about him. Maybe Frenchvic, StElssas or Killered know more.

Of course, like the press speak about our players, it's nothing more than speculation. It is, however, a reminder that we're not just on the 'wrong' end of transfer spec.
I don't know if being linked with a left back is good news!

Hopeful of some positive news this week. The Engerland lads are getting ready to leave so don't expect to hear anything negative regards them - hopefully.
[quote][p][bold]Strasbourg Saint[/bold] wrote: I notice that Sky and one of the rags has us and Spam fighting it out for Thimothée Kolodzieczak, a young French left back/wing back (with a very un-French name). He's highly rated and plays for Nice right now, but I don't know a lot about him. Maybe Frenchvic, StElssas or Killered know more. Of course, like the press speak about our players, it's nothing more than speculation. It is, however, a reminder that we're not just on the 'wrong' end of transfer spec.[/p][/quote]I don't know if being linked with a left back is good news! Hopeful of some positive news this week. The Engerland lads are getting ready to leave so don't expect to hear anything negative regards them - hopefully. Seedhouse the Unrepentant
  • Score: 2

4:29pm Mon 19 May 14

Freddie Flowerpot says...

Not that I wish to appear negative, but when does a player ever come out and say 'yes I've heard all the stories about joining XYZ club and of course I want to join them' ?? - do this and you get savaged by the fans.

It's always best for them to stonewall these type of questions by laying the decision of sell them at the clubs door.

Guess we'll just have to wait a few more weeks, until then I'll keep the Champagne on ice.
Not that I wish to appear negative, but when does a player ever come out and say 'yes I've heard all the stories about joining XYZ club and of course I want to join them' ?? - do this and you get savaged by the fans. It's always best for them to stonewall these type of questions by laying the decision of sell them at the clubs door. Guess we'll just have to wait a few more weeks, until then I'll keep the Champagne on ice. Freddie Flowerpot
  • Score: -1

4:34pm Mon 19 May 14

GHamilton says...

From day one I said this lad was a class act; our best signing since our return to the premership. That all it takes, four little words.... I AM GOING NOWHERE. If you believe in this club, its ambitions, its dreams, its potential, and you are as happy here as you say you are....YOU STAY.

In todays football, particuarly with the ''top'' clubs, you don't WIN titles....you BUY 'em; and I can see these Vulture clubs continuing in the same old way; we wont bother to nuture and develope our own talented youngsters, our own home grown talent..... no b***** that, we 'll just nick them of someone else. I'm suprised they have n't put a bid in for our head groundsman.

It takes character to stay loyal, I hope LS and MP prove they have just that an not make a run for it at first chance they get...we'll see.
From day one I said this lad was a class act; our best signing since our return to the premership. That all it takes, four little words.... I AM GOING NOWHERE. If you believe in this club, its ambitions, its dreams, its potential, and you are as happy here as you say you are....YOU STAY. In todays football, particuarly with the ''top'' clubs, you don't WIN titles....you BUY 'em; and I can see these Vulture clubs continuing in the same old way; we wont bother to nuture and develope our own talented youngsters, our own home grown talent..... no b***** that, we 'll just nick them of someone else. I'm suprised they have n't put a bid in for our head groundsman. It takes character to stay loyal, I hope LS and MP prove they have just that an not make a run for it at first chance they get...we'll see. GHamilton
  • Score: 4

4:47pm Mon 19 May 14

SaintJD says...

There's a poll on the Daily Mirror website asking if MP is the right man to be Spur's next boss. Please feel free to go on and have your say. At the very least it might start to put further doubts in those fickle Spurs fans minds so they can start questioning the appointment before it's even been made:

http://www.mirror.co
.uk/sport/football/n
ews/tottenham-manage
r-search-set-see-355
7891

It's currently 44% for and 56% against, which, from what I'm hearing from Spurs fans, is a fair reflection. I already know several who think he will be rubbish for them. Good luck to the successful candidate (but not, if you know what I mean).
There's a poll on the Daily Mirror website asking if MP is the right man to be Spur's next boss. Please feel free to go on and have your say. At the very least it might start to put further doubts in those fickle Spurs fans minds so they can start questioning the appointment before it's even been made: http://www.mirror.co .uk/sport/football/n ews/tottenham-manage r-search-set-see-355 7891 It's currently 44% for and 56% against, which, from what I'm hearing from Spurs fans, is a fair reflection. I already know several who think he will be rubbish for them. Good luck to the successful candidate (but not, if you know what I mean). SaintJD
  • Score: 3

5:07pm Mon 19 May 14

Jan28th1984 says...

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Strasbourg Saint wrote:
I notice that Sky and one of the rags has us and Spam fighting it out for Thimothée Kolodzieczak, a young French left back/wing back (with a very un-French name). He's highly rated and plays for Nice right now, but I don't know a lot about him. Maybe Frenchvic, StElssas or Killered know more.

Of course, like the press speak about our players, it's nothing more than speculation. It is, however, a reminder that we're not just on the 'wrong' end of transfer spec.
I don't know if being linked with a left back is good news!

Hopeful of some positive news this week. The Engerland lads are getting ready to leave so don't expect to hear anything negative regards them - hopefully.
It's in the Daily Mirror, so it's certain to be true.
[quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Strasbourg Saint[/bold] wrote: I notice that Sky and one of the rags has us and Spam fighting it out for Thimothée Kolodzieczak, a young French left back/wing back (with a very un-French name). He's highly rated and plays for Nice right now, but I don't know a lot about him. Maybe Frenchvic, StElssas or Killered know more. Of course, like the press speak about our players, it's nothing more than speculation. It is, however, a reminder that we're not just on the 'wrong' end of transfer spec.[/p][/quote]I don't know if being linked with a left back is good news! Hopeful of some positive news this week. The Engerland lads are getting ready to leave so don't expect to hear anything negative regards them - hopefully.[/p][/quote]It's in the Daily Mirror, so it's certain to be true. Jan28th1984
  • Score: 1

5:09pm Mon 19 May 14

Jan28th1984 says...

Poole Tom wrote:
Probably the first bit of positive news since the season ended. However I am also encouraged by the fact that MoPo did`nt leave last week, unlike some other managers who either wanted out or were sacked. Furthermore our in demand players are now training with England so hopefully the annoying daily rumours about everyone is leaving will now cease, at least until after the World Cup. However I won`t hold my breath!
Are you kidding? The rumours will multiply like wildfire now that players from other clubs can chit-chat with our players and draw their own conclusions, then leak them to the press or their agents......
[quote][p][bold]Poole Tom[/bold] wrote: Probably the first bit of positive news since the season ended. However I am also encouraged by the fact that MoPo did`nt leave last week, unlike some other managers who either wanted out or were sacked. Furthermore our in demand players are now training with England so hopefully the annoying daily rumours about everyone is leaving will now cease, at least until after the World Cup. However I won`t hold my breath![/p][/quote]Are you kidding? The rumours will multiply like wildfire now that players from other clubs can chit-chat with our players and draw their own conclusions, then leak them to the press or their agents...... Jan28th1984
  • Score: 1

5:35pm Mon 19 May 14

Poole Tom says...

Jan28th1984 wrote:
Poole Tom wrote:
Probably the first bit of positive news since the season ended. However I am also encouraged by the fact that MoPo did`nt leave last week, unlike some other managers who either wanted out or were sacked. Furthermore our in demand players are now training with England so hopefully the annoying daily rumours about everyone is leaving will now cease, at least until after the World Cup. However I won`t hold my breath!
Are you kidding? The rumours will multiply like wildfire now that players from other clubs can chit-chat with our players and draw their own conclusions, then leak them to the press or their agents......
On the basis that the players can just about afford mobile telephones I think it is fair to say that they don`t need to be with England to talk to each other! However my point was that Roy Hodgson has said that any transfer business needed to be concluded before the players met up at the training camp or if not after the World Cup.
[quote][p][bold]Jan28th1984[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Poole Tom[/bold] wrote: Probably the first bit of positive news since the season ended. However I am also encouraged by the fact that MoPo did`nt leave last week, unlike some other managers who either wanted out or were sacked. Furthermore our in demand players are now training with England so hopefully the annoying daily rumours about everyone is leaving will now cease, at least until after the World Cup. However I won`t hold my breath![/p][/quote]Are you kidding? The rumours will multiply like wildfire now that players from other clubs can chit-chat with our players and draw their own conclusions, then leak them to the press or their agents......[/p][/quote]On the basis that the players can just about afford mobile telephones I think it is fair to say that they don`t need to be with England to talk to each other! However my point was that Roy Hodgson has said that any transfer business needed to be concluded before the players met up at the training camp or if not after the World Cup. Poole Tom
  • Score: 2

5:40pm Mon 19 May 14

Strasbourg Saint says...

Jan28th1984 wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Strasbourg Saint wrote:
I notice that Sky and one of the rags has us and Spam fighting it out for Thimothée Kolodzieczak, a young French left back/wing back (with a very un-French name). He's highly rated and plays for Nice right now, but I don't know a lot about him. Maybe Frenchvic, StElssas or Killered know more.

Of course, like the press speak about our players, it's nothing more than speculation. It is, however, a reminder that we're not just on the 'wrong' end of transfer spec.
I don't know if being linked with a left back is good news!

Hopeful of some positive news this week. The Engerland lads are getting ready to leave so don't expect to hear anything negative regards them - hopefully.
It's in the Daily Mirror, so it's certain to be true.
Ha!

Seed, I guess it depends. Like you, my thinking is that it's not really good news but, in any case, it's probably no more than press maths ......
2 + 2 equals a Saints exodus, thus a new LB and all that.

Mind you, if he did sign and then turned out to be twice as good as Luke and for a fraction of the transfer fee ..........
[quote][p][bold]Jan28th1984[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Strasbourg Saint[/bold] wrote: I notice that Sky and one of the rags has us and Spam fighting it out for Thimothée Kolodzieczak, a young French left back/wing back (with a very un-French name). He's highly rated and plays for Nice right now, but I don't know a lot about him. Maybe Frenchvic, StElssas or Killered know more. Of course, like the press speak about our players, it's nothing more than speculation. It is, however, a reminder that we're not just on the 'wrong' end of transfer spec.[/p][/quote]I don't know if being linked with a left back is good news! Hopeful of some positive news this week. The Engerland lads are getting ready to leave so don't expect to hear anything negative regards them - hopefully.[/p][/quote]It's in the Daily Mirror, so it's certain to be true.[/p][/quote]Ha! Seed, I guess it depends. Like you, my thinking is that it's not really good news but, in any case, it's probably no more than press maths ...... 2 + 2 equals a Saints exodus, thus a new LB and all that. Mind you, if he did sign and then turned out to be twice as good as Luke and for a fraction of the transfer fee .......... Strasbourg Saint
  • Score: 0

5:43pm Mon 19 May 14

Balders76 says...

Good news - and it is news, unlike the drivel printed in the papers that normally include the prefix "it's understood" "believed to be" before the made up carp. This is a quote from the man himself. More positive news - the odds on betfair - the next best source to official statements and direct quotes - has just seen odds on poch going to spuds has just gone out to 2.7 and De bouer has come down to 2.6.- someone knows something.
Good news - and it is news, unlike the drivel printed in the papers that normally include the prefix "it's understood" "believed to be" before the made up carp. This is a quote from the man himself. More positive news - the odds on betfair - the next best source to official statements and direct quotes - has just seen odds on poch going to spuds has just gone out to 2.7 and De bouer has come down to 2.6.- someone knows something. Balders76
  • Score: 0

5:55pm Mon 19 May 14

Jan28th1984 says...

Poole Tom wrote:
Jan28th1984 wrote:
Poole Tom wrote:
Probably the first bit of positive news since the season ended. However I am also encouraged by the fact that MoPo did`nt leave last week, unlike some other managers who either wanted out or were sacked. Furthermore our in demand players are now training with England so hopefully the annoying daily rumours about everyone is leaving will now cease, at least until after the World Cup. However I won`t hold my breath!
Are you kidding? The rumours will multiply like wildfire now that players from other clubs can chit-chat with our players and draw their own conclusions, then leak them to the press or their agents......
On the basis that the players can just about afford mobile telephones I think it is fair to say that they don`t need to be with England to talk to each other! However my point was that Roy Hodgson has said that any transfer business needed to be concluded before the players met up at the training camp or if not after the World Cup.
Well, yea, you make a fair point, but there's a difference between making a phone call and spending hours training, eating, socialising/getting to know each other and living together, which is what these squads do.

I suppose Roy Hodgson is right to say that he doesn't want any transfer chat anywhere near the squad while they are on England duty, he doesn't want any distractions.
I've probably got it wrong then, thinking about it.......
[quote][p][bold]Poole Tom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jan28th1984[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Poole Tom[/bold] wrote: Probably the first bit of positive news since the season ended. However I am also encouraged by the fact that MoPo did`nt leave last week, unlike some other managers who either wanted out or were sacked. Furthermore our in demand players are now training with England so hopefully the annoying daily rumours about everyone is leaving will now cease, at least until after the World Cup. However I won`t hold my breath![/p][/quote]Are you kidding? The rumours will multiply like wildfire now that players from other clubs can chit-chat with our players and draw their own conclusions, then leak them to the press or their agents......[/p][/quote]On the basis that the players can just about afford mobile telephones I think it is fair to say that they don`t need to be with England to talk to each other! However my point was that Roy Hodgson has said that any transfer business needed to be concluded before the players met up at the training camp or if not after the World Cup.[/p][/quote]Well, yea, you make a fair point, but there's a difference between making a phone call and spending hours training, eating, socialising/getting to know each other and living together, which is what these squads do. I suppose Roy Hodgson is right to say that he doesn't want any transfer chat anywhere near the squad while they are on England duty, he doesn't want any distractions. I've probably got it wrong then, thinking about it....... Jan28th1984
  • Score: 1

6:29pm Mon 19 May 14

Andover Saint says...

Jason Dodd have been sacked apparently
Jason Dodd have been sacked apparently Andover Saint
  • Score: -1

6:43pm Mon 19 May 14

Clever Dick says...

Jan28th1984 wrote:
Poole Tom wrote:
Jan28th1984 wrote:
Poole Tom wrote:
Probably the first bit of positive news since the season ended. However I am also encouraged by the fact that MoPo did`nt leave last week, unlike some other managers who either wanted out or were sacked. Furthermore our in demand players are now training with England so hopefully the annoying daily rumours about everyone is leaving will now cease, at least until after the World Cup. However I won`t hold my breath!
Are you kidding? The rumours will multiply like wildfire now that players from other clubs can chit-chat with our players and draw their own conclusions, then leak them to the press or their agents......
On the basis that the players can just about afford mobile telephones I think it is fair to say that they don`t need to be with England to talk to each other! However my point was that Roy Hodgson has said that any transfer business needed to be concluded before the players met up at the training camp or if not after the World Cup.
Well, yea, you make a fair point, but there's a difference between making a phone call and spending hours training, eating, socialising/getting to know each other and living together, which is what these squads do.

I suppose Roy Hodgson is right to say that he doesn't want any transfer chat anywhere near the squad while they are on England duty, he doesn't want any distractions.
I've probably got it wrong then, thinking about it.......
Fortunately for us what Woy thinks regarding transfers has absolutely nothing to do with SFC. We don't have to consider his thoughts in any way. All our management have to consider is what is best for the club. Fortunately the majority are foreign nationals so they aren't to likely to be worrying about Woy's problems anyway.
[quote][p][bold]Jan28th1984[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Poole Tom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jan28th1984[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Poole Tom[/bold] wrote: Probably the first bit of positive news since the season ended. However I am also encouraged by the fact that MoPo did`nt leave last week, unlike some other managers who either wanted out or were sacked. Furthermore our in demand players are now training with England so hopefully the annoying daily rumours about everyone is leaving will now cease, at least until after the World Cup. However I won`t hold my breath![/p][/quote]Are you kidding? The rumours will multiply like wildfire now that players from other clubs can chit-chat with our players and draw their own conclusions, then leak them to the press or their agents......[/p][/quote]On the basis that the players can just about afford mobile telephones I think it is fair to say that they don`t need to be with England to talk to each other! However my point was that Roy Hodgson has said that any transfer business needed to be concluded before the players met up at the training camp or if not after the World Cup.[/p][/quote]Well, yea, you make a fair point, but there's a difference between making a phone call and spending hours training, eating, socialising/getting to know each other and living together, which is what these squads do. I suppose Roy Hodgson is right to say that he doesn't want any transfer chat anywhere near the squad while they are on England duty, he doesn't want any distractions. I've probably got it wrong then, thinking about it.......[/p][/quote]Fortunately for us what Woy thinks regarding transfers has absolutely nothing to do with SFC. We don't have to consider his thoughts in any way. All our management have to consider is what is best for the club. Fortunately the majority are foreign nationals so they aren't to likely to be worrying about Woy's problems anyway. Clever Dick
  • Score: -2

6:43pm Mon 19 May 14

Clever Dick says...

Jan28th1984 wrote:
Poole Tom wrote:
Jan28th1984 wrote:
Poole Tom wrote:
Probably the first bit of positive news since the season ended. However I am also encouraged by the fact that MoPo did`nt leave last week, unlike some other managers who either wanted out or were sacked. Furthermore our in demand players are now training with England so hopefully the annoying daily rumours about everyone is leaving will now cease, at least until after the World Cup. However I won`t hold my breath!
Are you kidding? The rumours will multiply like wildfire now that players from other clubs can chit-chat with our players and draw their own conclusions, then leak them to the press or their agents......
On the basis that the players can just about afford mobile telephones I think it is fair to say that they don`t need to be with England to talk to each other! However my point was that Roy Hodgson has said that any transfer business needed to be concluded before the players met up at the training camp or if not after the World Cup.
Well, yea, you make a fair point, but there's a difference between making a phone call and spending hours training, eating, socialising/getting to know each other and living together, which is what these squads do.

I suppose Roy Hodgson is right to say that he doesn't want any transfer chat anywhere near the squad while they are on England duty, he doesn't want any distractions.
I've probably got it wrong then, thinking about it.......
Fortunately for us what Woy thinks regarding transfers has absolutely nothing to do with SFC. We don't have to consider his thoughts in any way. All our management have to consider is what is best for the club. Fortunately the majority are foreign nationals so they aren't to likely to be worrying about Woy's problems anyway.
[quote][p][bold]Jan28th1984[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Poole Tom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jan28th1984[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Poole Tom[/bold] wrote: Probably the first bit of positive news since the season ended. However I am also encouraged by the fact that MoPo did`nt leave last week, unlike some other managers who either wanted out or were sacked. Furthermore our in demand players are now training with England so hopefully the annoying daily rumours about everyone is leaving will now cease, at least until after the World Cup. However I won`t hold my breath![/p][/quote]Are you kidding? The rumours will multiply like wildfire now that players from other clubs can chit-chat with our players and draw their own conclusions, then leak them to the press or their agents......[/p][/quote]On the basis that the players can just about afford mobile telephones I think it is fair to say that they don`t need to be with England to talk to each other! However my point was that Roy Hodgson has said that any transfer business needed to be concluded before the players met up at the training camp or if not after the World Cup.[/p][/quote]Well, yea, you make a fair point, but there's a difference between making a phone call and spending hours training, eating, socialising/getting to know each other and living together, which is what these squads do. I suppose Roy Hodgson is right to say that he doesn't want any transfer chat anywhere near the squad while they are on England duty, he doesn't want any distractions. I've probably got it wrong then, thinking about it.......[/p][/quote]Fortunately for us what Woy thinks regarding transfers has absolutely nothing to do with SFC. We don't have to consider his thoughts in any way. All our management have to consider is what is best for the club. Fortunately the majority are foreign nationals so they aren't to likely to be worrying about Woy's problems anyway. Clever Dick
  • Score: -1

9:02pm Mon 19 May 14

Sir Ad E Noid says...

I think that Manure and LFC have been given the tablet on all offers. SFC are not a selling club, especially our prized assets on long contracts. Of course every player has a price, but, sadly for our North West chums they are just out of their league.
I think that Manure and LFC have been given the tablet on all offers. SFC are not a selling club, especially our prized assets on long contracts. Of course every player has a price, but, sadly for our North West chums they are just out of their league. Sir Ad E Noid
  • Score: 0

9:28pm Mon 19 May 14

F Fan says...

Andover Saint wrote:
Jason Dodd have been sacked apparently
And Paul Williams
[quote][p][bold]Andover Saint[/bold] wrote: Jason Dodd have been sacked apparently[/p][/quote]And Paul Williams F Fan
  • Score: -1

10:13pm Mon 19 May 14

oh when the saints says...

I'm happy at saints too ;)
I'm happy at saints too ;) oh when the saints
  • Score: 1

2:07am Tue 20 May 14

andoru says...

Now apparently Morgan has said it would be hard to turn down an offer from a team offering Champions League football ...

Jesus. When is it going to end? If all of these players are good enough for CL football, then logically they'd get there by playing together, wouldn't they? All Saints need is to shore up the gaps. If we had better back up for Boruc, we might not have dropped so many points. If we'd had a more stable back four, the same. If we had a second striker to go alongside Jay, we'd have done better up front. Ricky had a good season, but most of his goals I think were not crucial ones, and that's what matters. I'd take a striker who scores ten winners over one who scores 30 goals that don't affect results any day (not that I'm saying this describes Lambert). If we can get just a couple of players in, then all these supposedly CL-quality players already have will presumably qualify for the CL on merit, not simply by signing their way into one.
Now apparently Morgan has said it would be hard to turn down an offer from a team offering Champions League football ... Jesus. When is it going to end? If all of these players are good enough for CL football, then logically they'd get there by playing together, wouldn't they? All Saints need is to shore up the gaps. If we had better back up for Boruc, we might not have dropped so many points. If we'd had a more stable back four, the same. If we had a second striker to go alongside Jay, we'd have done better up front. Ricky had a good season, but most of his goals I think were not crucial ones, and that's what matters. I'd take a striker who scores ten winners over one who scores 30 goals that don't affect results any day (not that I'm saying this describes Lambert). If we can get just a couple of players in, then all these supposedly CL-quality players already have will presumably qualify for the CL on merit, not simply by signing their way into one. andoru
  • Score: 1

5:00am Tue 20 May 14

Rising_Son says...

Every year, it has been predicted that Arsenal will sign Morgan. It has not happened even though it has always been true that "For my progress and my visibility, it would be better to play for a club who play in the Champions League" (quote from the Express). Fingers crossed, it isn't going to happen this year either, and next year Morgan will be playing in the CL with us..
Every year, it has been predicted that Arsenal will sign Morgan. It has not happened even though it has always been true that "For my progress and my visibility, it would be better to play for a club who play in the Champions League" (quote from the Express). Fingers crossed, it isn't going to happen this year either, and next year Morgan will be playing in the CL with us.. Rising_Son
  • Score: 1

6:11pm Tue 20 May 14

Steve_N says...

Alicesdad wrote:
Remember .. ALL the speculation last week was created by the press, no player made any comments, neither did any of the the managers who names were being bandied about. No indiscreet tweets, no unguarded comments .. nothting at all.

Lovrens' comments are quite telling as even the players only hear what in the press.

I'm glad he's openly said he was happy here, it sets the right tone. A few more players would do well to follow his example. .

If you ignore the papers the lack of news is starting to look like theres no news because eveyone is staying put ... now that would be good and it would REALLY iritate the press.
Wouldn't it be just great if nobody, repeat nobody (other than those players who have already been released) left Saints in the summer. Apart from being able to look forward to an even better season, we all go on all those bl@@dy annoying web sites, message boards etc and rub ever bodies noses in it. I'd love it I'd just love it!
COYS STID.
[quote][p][bold]Alicesdad[/bold] wrote: Remember .. ALL the speculation last week was created by the press, no player made any comments, neither did any of the the managers who names were being bandied about. No indiscreet tweets, no unguarded comments .. nothting at all. Lovrens' comments are quite telling as even the players only hear what in the press. I'm glad he's openly said he was happy here, it sets the right tone. A few more players would do well to follow his example. . If you ignore the papers the lack of news is starting to look like theres no news because eveyone is staying put ... now that would be good and it would REALLY iritate the press.[/p][/quote]Wouldn't it be just great if nobody, repeat nobody (other than those players who have already been released) left Saints in the summer. Apart from being able to look forward to an even better season, we all go on all those bl@@dy annoying web sites, message boards etc and rub ever bodies noses in it. I'd love it I'd just love it! COYS STID. Steve_N
  • Score: 1

4:38pm Wed 21 May 14

Fatty x Ford Worker says...

A straight swop for L.S. !
A straight swop for L.S. ! Fatty x Ford Worker
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree