RONALD Koeman has dismissed that Sadio Mane is about to exit Saints, reaffirming that his situation has not changed despite his indiscipline at Norwich.
Mane was dropped for the Canaries game after failing to turn up on time for a meeting ahead of the 1-0 defeat.
Koeman was livid with the Senegal international’s behaviour and the fallout from that has seen Mane heavily linked with a January move to a number of clubs, mainly Manchester United.
However, Koeman has dismissed that he’s about let one of Saints’ best attacking outlets depart and says that Mane will start against Crystal Palace in the FA Cup third round on Saturday.
- Saints trio lift Toulon crown with England U21
- Fonte excited to face very best in Europe
- Pelle fires Italy to victory
- Is it a surprise Liverpool have come sniffing... again?
“Of course, if that happened what happened last week and maybe that’s some stuff for the press about to tell and write and speak about the situation of Mane,” said Koeman
“Mane is not in a different situation now to when it was last week. He is a player of Southampton. He likes to play for Southampton. He is not for sale.
“We spoke to Sadio, of course. I punished him because we have rules in the team. You have to confirm to those rules.
“He was late. It was a big mistake. He makes his excuse for everbody and that’s now behind and the rest is internal discussions about how we have to handle this kind of situations.
“He will start on Saturday, no problem.”