AFC TOTTON are out of the FA Trophy but can feel proud of pushing Evo-Stik South West leaders Taunton Town all the way.

Over 210 minutes just one goal separated the sides – the Peacocks’ Ross Staley settling the issue 2-1 in extra time at Total Branding Community Stadium tonight.

For the second time in three days, it ended 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Taunton went in 1-0 up at the break, Pierce Mitchell rifling home a knockdown from Les Afful’s cross.

Pip Nolan warded off further damage with a goalline clearance from Dan Sullivan and, on 53 minutes, Totton levelled with a sumptuous half-volley from Charlie Gunson.

The Stags gave as good as they got, but were finally beaten midway through the extra period as Staley fired the Peacocks through to a first qualifying round tie against Merthyr Town.

The visitors might have struck again but Shane Murphy denied them with an outstanding save.

ANDOVER Town are snapping at the heels of Sydenhams Premier top dogs Blackfield & Langley.

Glenn Burnett’s men now lurk just three points behind the league leaders with two games in hand after sneaking a 2-1 win at Shaftesbury.

New signing George Hallahan put Town ahead on 31 minutes and then crossed for Jason Silver to double the lead with a back-post header.

Shaftesbury deservedly pulled a goal back and hit the post in the closing stages.

Having become the first side to beat Blackfield on Saturday, Lymington Town crashed down to earth with a bump.

They lost the New Forest derby 5-1 at home to Bashley with Harry McGrath (2), Conor Whiteley, Lewis Ross and ex-Lymo man Brad Strickland inflicting the pain.

Hamble Club had a happy ride back from Amesbury Town where goals by Nick Watts, Mo Nyang and Nathan Lynch clinched a 3-0 win.

Former Saints Academy frontman Bobby Scott struck twice as ten-man AFC Portchester staged a miraculous turnaround at home to Cowes Sports.

The Royals had a first-half to forget, sandwiching a red card for Joe Noakes between goals by Connor Furmidge and Jimmy Wykes for Cowes.

But brace man Scott and Alex Baldacchino turned the game on its head.

Bemerton Heath triumphed 1-0 at Brockenhurst thanks to a 55th-minute goal by former AFC Totton man Jake Rawkins.

Other SWL Premier results: Hamworthy Utd 0 Baffins MR 1, Newport IW 1 Horndean 5, Portland Utd 3 Bournemouth Poppies 5.

*HOLDERS Sholing are safely through to the last 16 of the Sydenhams Wessex League Cup.

After a goalless first half at Division One underdogs Ringwood Town, the Boatmen struck twice in five minutes early in the second half – Dan Mason scoring on each occasion from a Kev Brewster assist.

Despite playing the last half-hour with ten men following Marvin McLean’s dismissal, the Boatmen held strong to book a home tie with Petersfield Town.