CONTRACTORS carrying out the redevelopment of Saints’ training ground have said work has been temporarily suspended to “confirm details of a specific aspect of the project”.
Leadbitter Group said they expect construction at the club’s Staplewood complex to resume shortly.
Work stopped at the training ground on Wednesday morning.
A statement from Leadbitter said: “Everyone involved in the construction of the new training ground at Southampton Football Club wants to ensure that the facility meets the current and future needs of the club.
“Therefore, we have agreed with the club that works will pause so that we may confirm details of a specific aspect of the project. Works are expected to resume in the near future.”
The nature of the “specific aspect” has not been disclosed.
Saints club spokesman Jordan Sibley said on Twitter that the two parties had “agreed to pause the process whilst details of a specific aspect of the specification is confirmed.”
He added that Leadbitter and Saints were “looking forward to the project being completed ahead of the 2013-14 season.”
Staplewood has been undergoing a multi-million pound renovation scheme following the approval of planning permission earlier this year.