Unbeaten London 3 South-West leaders Eastleigh kept their impressive record going - but had to wait until the last play of the match against gutsy bottom side Millbrook.

Brook, who have not tasted success since their opening day victory over US Portsmouth, made their visitors work for the victory which, as a double-header, also took them into the next round of the Gales HSB Hampshire Bowl.

Millbrook held a 6-5 lead at half-time with Mark Colmer nailing a couple of penalties in reply to an early try from Eastleigh skipper Paul Fudio.

Eastleigh looked a little more like a team at the top of the league after the break and went into the lead when Matt Blackman charged through the defence before converting his own try.

But more pressure from the side at the other end of the table produced another two penalties for Colmer, which took the score to 12-12 going into the final stages.

Brook’s valiant efforts though ended with disappointment when Adam Gallagher powered over with the final play of the game to win it 17-12 for Eastleigh.

Despite the defeat Millbrook coach Mark Randall was delighted with the performance, telling his squad they have set a benchmark for the second half of the season.

He said: “I was well chuffed with the way they played and, as a coach, you cannot ask anymore. They gave me 100 per cent and cannot be faulted.

“If we ever needed belief that we can play at this level then that performance showed it.

“It was good of them (Eastleigh) to compliment us afterwards and goes to show what rugby is all about.”

Trojans deserved the two points they took away from a nailbiting clash with Old Tiffinians where the lead changed hands nine times.

With visitors Trojans fielding a new front row, the London club dominated the scrums and eventually went on to win 32-31.

But it was the Stoneham Lane side’s all-round team performance that kept the final score in doubt for so long as they defended to a man and outshone the opponents’ backs.

They were only three points adrift at half time with Alex Williams, hooker Joe Milton and fullback Joby Kochanowski all touching down and Neal Haworth kicking a couple of conversions.

He booted another after the break following a second try from Kochanowski and one from Charlie Pooley but Tiffs’ last-minute pushover try and conversion gave them the game by a single point.