Adkins heavily backed for Blackpool job

Daily Echo: Nigel Adkins Nigel Adkins

Nigel Adkins has this morning been installed as second favourite to take over at Championship club Blackpool – behind Pompey’s Michael Appleton and even though he is still in charge at Saints.

The Saints boss has had a flood of cash laid on him, backing down his odds from 66-1 to 11/8 with bookies Victor Chandler to succeed Ian Holloway as the Tangerines manager, after Adkins’ side lost 2-0 at West Bromwich Albion last night.

Adkins remains 4/6 favourite to become the first Premier League manager to lose his job this season.

And the bookies continute to accepts bets on a successor even though Adkins is still in a job with Swindon Town’s Paolo Di Canio is 4/5 favourite to replace him, should the Saints manager be sacked.

Victor Chandler odds Next PL manager to lose/leave his post: N Adkins 4/6; M Hughes 5/2; R Mancini 14/1 Next permanent Saints boss; P Di Canio 4/5; G Strachan 5/2; H Redknapp 6/1; A Shearer 16/1; R Benitez 20/1 Next Blackpool manager: M Appleton 4/7; N Adkins 11/8; P Ince 25/1

Comments (31)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:35pm Tue 6 Nov 12

CB FRY LIVES says...

Blimey.i know NA wants to work with MATT PHILLIPS and TOM INCE but he is still the saints manager.I think Michael Appleton could do a good job at blackpool lets hope he gets the job and pompey replace him with LEE BRADBURY.there was a rumour doing the rounds a few years back that when BRADBURY was a shoolboy on the IOW he was a saints supporter and had SAINTS tattoed on his leg.whether that is true i dont know but i can remember seeing him play in red and white stripes for the club the legendary SAINTS star NICK HOLMES played for after leaving the Dell.the mighty EAST COWES VICS.COME ON YOU REDS.
Blimey.i know NA wants to work with MATT PHILLIPS and TOM INCE but he is still the saints manager.I think Michael Appleton could do a good job at blackpool lets hope he gets the job and pompey replace him with LEE BRADBURY.there was a rumour doing the rounds a few years back that when BRADBURY was a shoolboy on the IOW he was a saints supporter and had SAINTS tattoed on his leg.whether that is true i dont know but i can remember seeing him play in red and white stripes for the club the legendary SAINTS star NICK HOLMES played for after leaving the Dell.the mighty EAST COWES VICS.COME ON YOU REDS. CB FRY LIVES

12:35pm Tue 6 Nov 12

Stevie61163 says...

same old anti-saints drivel from the DE
same old anti-saints drivel from the DE Stevie61163

12:51pm Tue 6 Nov 12

costa gaz says...

Stevie61163 wrote:
same old anti-saints drivel from the DE
Would you rather they didn't report stories about floods of bets concerning our manager, and reporting the latest odds on the manager-merry-go-rou
nd.

Anti-saints drivel????? just reporting saints news to the local me thinks.
[quote][p][bold]Stevie61163[/bold] wrote: same old anti-saints drivel from the DE[/p][/quote]Would you rather they didn't report stories about floods of bets concerning our manager, and reporting the latest odds on the manager-merry-go-rou nd. Anti-saints drivel????? just reporting saints news to the local me thinks. costa gaz

1:19pm Tue 6 Nov 12

Redhat says...

Oh dear Echo, you are so bloody boring!!

If you really did care about the club, you may actually print something positive for once..... but i very much doubt that.

Getting as bad as that pile of sh4t down the fishy side of the m27 ffs
Oh dear Echo, you are so bloody boring!! If you really did care about the club, you may actually print something positive for once..... but i very much doubt that. Getting as bad as that pile of sh4t down the fishy side of the m27 ffs Redhat

1:37pm Tue 6 Nov 12

Snebs says...

Gents, I am not sure there is anything postive to report regarding the Saints at the moment or am I missing something here. We were very poor again last night with not many signs of real improvement. 10/10 for optimism though keep it up NA our defense may believe you. NA is all about stats when they are good, not too many mentions of stats and KPI's at the moment. I still can't believe NA didn't want to get better defenders in. I think maybe the " recruitment team" has let him and all of us down badly.
Gents, I am not sure there is anything postive to report regarding the Saints at the moment or am I missing something here. We were very poor again last night with not many signs of real improvement. 10/10 for optimism though keep it up NA our defense may believe you. NA is all about stats when they are good, not too many mentions of stats and KPI's at the moment. I still can't believe NA didn't want to get better defenders in. I think maybe the " recruitment team" has let him and all of us down badly. Snebs

1:46pm Tue 6 Nov 12

Pride Of The South says...

Tangerine Man for The Tangerines - fantastic headline!
Clearly Blackpool are missing life in League One if they are desperate enough to want Nogoal Sadkins in the (probable) event that they can't get a decent manager!
Tangerine Man for The Tangerines - fantastic headline! Clearly Blackpool are missing life in League One if they are desperate enough to want Nogoal Sadkins in the (probable) event that they can't get a decent manager! Pride Of The South

1:49pm Tue 6 Nov 12

Stevie61163 says...

Pride Of The South wrote:
Tangerine Man for The Tangerines - fantastic headline!
Clearly Blackpool are missing life in League One if they are desperate enough to want Nogoal Sadkins in the (probable) event that they can't get a decent manager!
strange to have a Dorchester fan on here after all they are pride of the south
[quote][p][bold]Pride Of The South[/bold] wrote: Tangerine Man for The Tangerines - fantastic headline! Clearly Blackpool are missing life in League One if they are desperate enough to want Nogoal Sadkins in the (probable) event that they can't get a decent manager![/p][/quote]strange to have a Dorchester fan on here after all they are pride of the south Stevie61163

1:49pm Tue 6 Nov 12

SO50 Saint says...

Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club?

No Manager
No Money
No Future
Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club? No Manager No Money No Future SO50 Saint

1:53pm Tue 6 Nov 12

insane saint says...

SO50 Saint wrote:
Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club?

No Manager
No Money
No Future
no support
no luck
no ground
no club

who still laughing.. i think we are our blue fish fingered friends.
[quote][p][bold]SO50 Saint[/bold] wrote: Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club? No Manager No Money No Future[/p][/quote]no support no luck no ground no club who still laughing.. i think we are our blue fish fingered friends. insane saint

1:57pm Tue 6 Nov 12

Pride Of The South says...

insane saint wrote:
SO50 Saint wrote:
Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club?

No Manager
No Money
No Future
no support
no luck
no ground
no club

who still laughing.. i think we are our blue fish fingered friends.
I tend to have quite a good laugh whenever I watch Nogoal's clowns pretending to be a Premiership club every time they play, thank you very much.
As a matter of fact I AM still laughing after that abysmal performance at The Baggies on Monday night.
I honestly think they should start showing Saints games on Comedy Central!
[quote][p][bold]insane saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SO50 Saint[/bold] wrote: Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club? No Manager No Money No Future[/p][/quote]no support no luck no ground no club who still laughing.. i think we are our blue fish fingered friends.[/p][/quote]I tend to have quite a good laugh whenever I watch Nogoal's clowns pretending to be a Premiership club every time they play, thank you very much. As a matter of fact I AM still laughing after that abysmal performance at The Baggies on Monday night. I honestly think they should start showing Saints games on Comedy Central! Pride Of The South

2:04pm Tue 6 Nov 12

SO50 Saint says...

Pride I would like to thank you and your club for insuring that no matter how bad it gets for SFC we still always have you to laugh at and think how much worse it could be. A few years ago there was a time when your club could have really pushed on but you blew it and now normal service has resumed you absolutely hate it. As Saints fans we are used to relegation battles and people writing us off in the premiership we just decided to have a few years away from it. Plus we've virtually always been rubbish away from home and especially so on Sky. Good Luck against Brentford tonight you will need it
Pride I would like to thank you and your club for insuring that no matter how bad it gets for SFC we still always have you to laugh at and think how much worse it could be. A few years ago there was a time when your club could have really pushed on but you blew it and now normal service has resumed you absolutely hate it. As Saints fans we are used to relegation battles and people writing us off in the premiership we just decided to have a few years away from it. Plus we've virtually always been rubbish away from home and especially so on Sky. Good Luck against Brentford tonight you will need it SO50 Saint

2:07pm Tue 6 Nov 12

insane saint says...

Pride Of The South wrote:
insane saint wrote:
SO50 Saint wrote:
Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club?

No Manager
No Money
No Future
no support
no luck
no ground
no club

who still laughing.. i think we are our blue fish fingered friends.
I tend to have quite a good laugh whenever I watch Nogoal's clowns pretending to be a Premiership club every time they play, thank you very much.
As a matter of fact I AM still laughing after that abysmal performance at The Baggies on Monday night.
I honestly think they should start showing Saints games on Comedy Central!
and they could write a carry on film about your mob down the road. we have to keep you happy about something otherwise you would be crying all the way to mummy
[quote][p][bold]Pride Of The South[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]insane saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SO50 Saint[/bold] wrote: Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club? No Manager No Money No Future[/p][/quote]no support no luck no ground no club who still laughing.. i think we are our blue fish fingered friends.[/p][/quote]I tend to have quite a good laugh whenever I watch Nogoal's clowns pretending to be a Premiership club every time they play, thank you very much. As a matter of fact I AM still laughing after that abysmal performance at The Baggies on Monday night. I honestly think they should start showing Saints games on Comedy Central![/p][/quote]and they could write a carry on film about your mob down the road. we have to keep you happy about something otherwise you would be crying all the way to mummy insane saint

2:45pm Tue 6 Nov 12

CB FRY LIVES says...

insane saint wrote:
Pride Of The South wrote:
insane saint wrote:
SO50 Saint wrote:
Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club?

No Manager
No Money
No Future
no support
no luck
no ground
no club

who still laughing.. i think we are our blue fish fingered friends.
I tend to have quite a good laugh whenever I watch Nogoal's clowns pretending to be a Premiership club every time they play, thank you very much.
As a matter of fact I AM still laughing after that abysmal performance at The Baggies on Monday night.
I honestly think they should start showing Saints games on Comedy Central!
and they could write a carry on film about your mob down the road. we have to keep you happy about something otherwise you would be crying all the way to mummy
CARRY ON TAX DODGING starring Harry JACQUES
[quote][p][bold]insane saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pride Of The South[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]insane saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SO50 Saint[/bold] wrote: Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club? No Manager No Money No Future[/p][/quote]no support no luck no ground no club who still laughing.. i think we are our blue fish fingered friends.[/p][/quote]I tend to have quite a good laugh whenever I watch Nogoal's clowns pretending to be a Premiership club every time they play, thank you very much. As a matter of fact I AM still laughing after that abysmal performance at The Baggies on Monday night. I honestly think they should start showing Saints games on Comedy Central![/p][/quote]and they could write a carry on film about your mob down the road. we have to keep you happy about something otherwise you would be crying all the way to mummy[/p][/quote]CARRY ON TAX DODGING starring Harry JACQUES CB FRY LIVES

3:15pm Tue 6 Nov 12

CB FRY LIVES says...

Stevie61163 wrote:
Pride Of The South wrote:
Tangerine Man for The Tangerines - fantastic headline!
Clearly Blackpool are missing life in League One if they are desperate enough to want Nogoal Sadkins in the (probable) event that they can't get a decent manager!
strange to have a Dorchester fan on here after all they are pride of the south
too true fantastic result the other day against plymouth.poor old argyle like that other royal navy port portsmouth going down the pan rapidly.now more matelots follow saints than pompey and plymouth combined.ALAS POOR OLD POMPEY
[quote][p][bold]Stevie61163[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pride Of The South[/bold] wrote: Tangerine Man for The Tangerines - fantastic headline! Clearly Blackpool are missing life in League One if they are desperate enough to want Nogoal Sadkins in the (probable) event that they can't get a decent manager![/p][/quote]strange to have a Dorchester fan on here after all they are pride of the south[/p][/quote]too true fantastic result the other day against plymouth.poor old argyle like that other royal navy port portsmouth going down the pan rapidly.now more matelots follow saints than pompey and plymouth combined.ALAS POOR OLD POMPEY CB FRY LIVES

3:16pm Tue 6 Nov 12

Ontario Saint says...

What has the Echo got against Nigel Adkins?

What help do these articles do for the Club and players alike ?

Total ingratitude for what Nigel Adkiins has done for the Club IMHO .

The Manager & players need to know everyone is behind them and believe in them. They dont need to read all the negativity the Echo comes out with .

We have a great squad but they need the confidence of everyone to believe in them .....otherwise all will be lost and we will end up like Derby County did a few years ago.

Lets do something positive while there is still time...if Nigel goes all will be lost the Echo could do so much to bring back the confidence Nigel and the players need to be successful in the Premiership
What has the Echo got against Nigel Adkins? What help do these articles do for the Club and players alike ? Total ingratitude for what Nigel Adkiins has done for the Club IMHO . The Manager & players need to know everyone is behind them and believe in them. They dont need to read all the negativity the Echo comes out with . We have a great squad but they need the confidence of everyone to believe in them .....otherwise all will be lost and we will end up like Derby County did a few years ago. Lets do something positive while there is still time...if Nigel goes all will be lost the Echo could do so much to bring back the confidence Nigel and the players need to be successful in the Premiership Ontario Saint

3:22pm Tue 6 Nov 12

jerseysaint says...

Im afraid it dosent look for NA according to the daily mail he is in crunch tasks with NC about his job.Blackpool would jump at the chance to sign NA.
I for one think he needs until the end of
the season come what may.
Im afraid it dosent look for NA according to the daily mail he is in crunch tasks with NC about his job.Blackpool would jump at the chance to sign NA. I for one think he needs until the end of the season come what may. jerseysaint

3:49pm Tue 6 Nov 12

loosehead says...

What would you lot say to Adkins going to Blackpool & appleton coming here?
Just wanted to see the reaction to that idea?
What would you lot say to Adkins going to Blackpool & appleton coming here? Just wanted to see the reaction to that idea? loosehead

4:10pm Tue 6 Nov 12

Saintlee72 says...

insane saint wrote:
Pride Of The South wrote:
insane saint wrote:
SO50 Saint wrote:
Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club?

No Manager
No Money
No Future
no support
no luck
no ground
no club

who still laughing.. i think we are our blue fish fingered friends.
I tend to have quite a good laugh whenever I watch Nogoal's clowns pretending to be a Premiership club every time they play, thank you very much.
As a matter of fact I AM still laughing after that abysmal performance at The Baggies on Monday night.
I honestly think they should start showing Saints games on Comedy Central!
and they could write a carry on film about your mob down the road. we have to keep you happy about something otherwise you would be crying all the way to mummy
If he knows who his mummy is???
[quote][p][bold]insane saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pride Of The South[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]insane saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SO50 Saint[/bold] wrote: Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club? No Manager No Money No Future[/p][/quote]no support no luck no ground no club who still laughing.. i think we are our blue fish fingered friends.[/p][/quote]I tend to have quite a good laugh whenever I watch Nogoal's clowns pretending to be a Premiership club every time they play, thank you very much. As a matter of fact I AM still laughing after that abysmal performance at The Baggies on Monday night. I honestly think they should start showing Saints games on Comedy Central![/p][/quote]and they could write a carry on film about your mob down the road. we have to keep you happy about something otherwise you would be crying all the way to mummy[/p][/quote]If he knows who his mummy is??? Saintlee72

4:12pm Tue 6 Nov 12

gazw1976 says...

Adkins to blackpool , only if he takes fox , rodriguez , cork , guly , with him an we get ince . wee Gordy in before the jocks get him
Adkins to blackpool , only if he takes fox , rodriguez , cork , guly , with him an we get ince . wee Gordy in before the jocks get him gazw1976

4:15pm Tue 6 Nov 12

Saintlee72 says...

Ontario Saint wrote:
What has the Echo got against Nigel Adkins?

What help do these articles do for the Club and players alike ?

Total ingratitude for what Nigel Adkiins has done for the Club IMHO .

The Manager & players need to know everyone is behind them and believe in them. They dont need to read all the negativity the Echo comes out with .

We have a great squad but they need the confidence of everyone to believe in them .....otherwise all will be lost and we will end up like Derby County did a few years ago.

Lets do something positive while there is still time...if Nigel goes all will be lost the Echo could do so much to bring back the confidence Nigel and the players need to be successful in the Premiership
I totally agree with everything you say, except the great squad bit. I love this club as much as anyone, but I'm afraid to say 4 or 5 of our starting 11, just ain't good enough. We fecked up bad in the transfer window by not buying quality, premier league class defenders and its fair to say we are paying the price now !!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Ontario Saint[/bold] wrote: What has the Echo got against Nigel Adkins? What help do these articles do for the Club and players alike ? Total ingratitude for what Nigel Adkiins has done for the Club IMHO . The Manager & players need to know everyone is behind them and believe in them. They dont need to read all the negativity the Echo comes out with . We have a great squad but they need the confidence of everyone to believe in them .....otherwise all will be lost and we will end up like Derby County did a few years ago. Lets do something positive while there is still time...if Nigel goes all will be lost the Echo could do so much to bring back the confidence Nigel and the players need to be successful in the Premiership[/p][/quote]I totally agree with everything you say, except the great squad bit. I love this club as much as anyone, but I'm afraid to say 4 or 5 of our starting 11, just ain't good enough. We fecked up bad in the transfer window by not buying quality, premier league class defenders and its fair to say we are paying the price now !!!!!!! Saintlee72

6:03pm Tue 6 Nov 12

dadofmy3sons says...

Quote taken from Nigel's piece on the OS ;
"They pay hard-earned cash, make noise and get behind the team. That's what supporters do, even more so when things are against them."
He noticed, and he knows what supporters do, I wonder if any of the doomngloomboys are aware of this particular fact?
I hope he is going nowhere because I want him to suceed here.
Those odds are for the usual suspects and none of them have so far been spectacularly successful.
I f you asked for the next up and coming young manager then the cv that Nigel produces would look like the kind of manager we would want. So lets back him and hope for things to improve. An alternative to constantly slagginghim off
Quote taken from Nigel's piece on the OS ; "They pay hard-earned cash, make noise and get behind the team. That's what supporters do, even more so when things are against them." He noticed, and he knows what supporters do, I wonder if any of the doomngloomboys are aware of this particular fact? I hope he is going nowhere because I want him to suceed here. Those odds are for the usual suspects and none of them have so far been spectacularly successful. I f you asked for the next up and coming young manager then the cv that Nigel produces would look like the kind of manager we would want. So lets back him and hope for things to improve. An alternative to constantly slagginghim off dadofmy3sons

7:31pm Tue 6 Nov 12

spratt says...

Its not really a question of "slagging him off". I am sure everyone would agree that Nigel is a likeable and honourable man who has done us proud in two lower divisions but I believe that now even he himself knows that, for whatever reason, he is failing miserably in the PREMIERSHIP. The simple question is what is more important - finding a new manager or being relegated back to the Championship?
Its not really a question of "slagging him off". I am sure everyone would agree that Nigel is a likeable and honourable man who has done us proud in two lower divisions but I believe that now even he himself knows that, for whatever reason, he is failing miserably in the PREMIERSHIP. The simple question is what is more important - finding a new manager or being relegated back to the Championship? spratt

7:59pm Tue 6 Nov 12

seany1966 says...

Get in there Brentford..
Get in there Brentford.. seany1966

7:59pm Tue 6 Nov 12

Ted Rogers says...

spratt wrote:
Its not really a question of "slagging him off". I am sure everyone would agree that Nigel is a likeable and honourable man who has done us proud in two lower divisions but I believe that now even he himself knows that, for whatever reason, he is failing miserably in the PREMIERSHIP. The simple question is what is more important - finding a new manager or being relegated back to the Championship?
That is a very 'Simple' question that can be answered with neither.

Have you got any more 'Simple' questions?
[quote][p][bold]spratt[/bold] wrote: Its not really a question of "slagging him off". I am sure everyone would agree that Nigel is a likeable and honourable man who has done us proud in two lower divisions but I believe that now even he himself knows that, for whatever reason, he is failing miserably in the PREMIERSHIP. The simple question is what is more important - finding a new manager or being relegated back to the Championship?[/p][/quote]That is a very 'Simple' question that can be answered with neither. Have you got any more 'Simple' questions? Ted Rogers

6:37am Wed 7 Nov 12

Saintlee72 says...

spratt wrote:
Its not really a question of "slagging him off". I am sure everyone would agree that Nigel is a likeable and honourable man who has done us proud in two lower divisions but I believe that now even he himself knows that, for whatever reason, he is failing miserably in the PREMIERSHIP. The simple question is what is more important - finding a new manager or being relegated back to the Championship?
This is getting ridiculous. Nigel deserves his chance in the Prem. The fact is, at this moment in time, the players aren't good enough, simple as that. You can't coach that. We are 3 or 4 players short of a solid premier league side. Whether you blame Nigel or not for not bringing in the players we need in debatable but the guy deserves his chance and if we go down, we go down fighting and we come back better and stronger with Nigel at the helm so give it a fcuking rest !!!!!
[quote][p][bold]spratt[/bold] wrote: Its not really a question of "slagging him off". I am sure everyone would agree that Nigel is a likeable and honourable man who has done us proud in two lower divisions but I believe that now even he himself knows that, for whatever reason, he is failing miserably in the PREMIERSHIP. The simple question is what is more important - finding a new manager or being relegated back to the Championship?[/p][/quote]This is getting ridiculous. Nigel deserves his chance in the Prem. The fact is, at this moment in time, the players aren't good enough, simple as that. You can't coach that. We are 3 or 4 players short of a solid premier league side. Whether you blame Nigel or not for not bringing in the players we need in debatable but the guy deserves his chance and if we go down, we go down fighting and we come back better and stronger with Nigel at the helm so give it a fcuking rest !!!!! Saintlee72

11:45am Wed 7 Nov 12

marbus66 says...

A couple of wins ( very soon...please ) and all this crap about NA will go away
A couple of wins ( very soon...please ) and all this crap about NA will go away marbus66

1:20pm Wed 7 Nov 12

SaintDon13 says...

Saintlee72 wrote:
insane saint wrote:
Pride Of The South wrote:
insane saint wrote:
SO50 Saint wrote:
Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club?

No Manager
No Money
No Future
no support
no luck
no ground
no club

who still laughing.. i think we are our blue fish fingered friends.
I tend to have quite a good laugh whenever I watch Nogoal's clowns pretending to be a Premiership club every time they play, thank you very much.
As a matter of fact I AM still laughing after that abysmal performance at The Baggies on Monday night.
I honestly think they should start showing Saints games on Comedy Central!
and they could write a carry on film about your mob down the road. we have to keep you happy about something otherwise you would be crying all the way to mummy
If he knows who his mummy is???
....or his father?
[quote][p][bold]Saintlee72[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]insane saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pride Of The South[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]insane saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SO50 Saint[/bold] wrote: Pride I am led to believe they want your man and then what happens to your little club? No Manager No Money No Future[/p][/quote]no support no luck no ground no club who still laughing.. i think we are our blue fish fingered friends.[/p][/quote]I tend to have quite a good laugh whenever I watch Nogoal's clowns pretending to be a Premiership club every time they play, thank you very much. As a matter of fact I AM still laughing after that abysmal performance at The Baggies on Monday night. I honestly think they should start showing Saints games on Comedy Central![/p][/quote]and they could write a carry on film about your mob down the road. we have to keep you happy about something otherwise you would be crying all the way to mummy[/p][/quote]If he knows who his mummy is???[/p][/quote]....or his father? SaintDon13

1:26pm Wed 7 Nov 12

SaintDon13 says...

loosehead wrote:
What would you lot say to Adkins going to Blackpool & appleton coming here?
Just wanted to see the reaction to that idea?
As much as I admire Appleton for what he has done at Portsmouth under imposible circumstances, I think the fact that this is where he is coming from would upset too many of our supporters and that he would not get a fair chance to prove himself.
[quote][p][bold]loosehead[/bold] wrote: What would you lot say to Adkins going to Blackpool & appleton coming here? Just wanted to see the reaction to that idea?[/p][/quote]As much as I admire Appleton for what he has done at Portsmouth under imposible circumstances, I think the fact that this is where he is coming from would upset too many of our supporters and that he would not get a fair chance to prove himself. SaintDon13

3:53pm Wed 7 Nov 12

madmike says...

If Nigel did get sacked , why would we want Di Canio ? What has he done ? fxxk all that's what. So the question is who do you replace Nigel with ? Please don't say Rednob.
If Nigel did get sacked , why would we want Di Canio ? What has he done ? fxxk all that's what. So the question is who do you replace Nigel with ? Please don't say Rednob. madmike

8:18pm Wed 7 Nov 12

OSPREYSAINT says...

Appleton has got the job NA will have to stay here after all.
Appleton has got the job NA will have to stay here after all. OSPREYSAINT

9:38am Thu 8 Nov 12

Linesman says...

madmike wrote:
If Nigel did get sacked , why would we want Di Canio ? What has he done ? fxxk all that's what. So the question is who do you replace Nigel with ? Please don't say Rednob.
Because he speaks the same language as Cortese.

If not Di Canio, it would be some other Italian manager.
[quote][p][bold]madmike[/bold] wrote: If Nigel did get sacked , why would we want Di Canio ? What has he done ? fxxk all that's what. So the question is who do you replace Nigel with ? Please don't say Rednob.[/p][/quote]Because he speaks the same language as Cortese. If not Di Canio, it would be some other Italian manager. Linesman

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree