When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Forren: I didn't speak to Adkins over Saints move
Updated 8:28am Tuesday 29th January 2013 in Saints News
VEGARD Forren admits he never spoke to Nigel Adkins about joining Saints.
The Norwegian international centre half was officially unveiled as a Saints player just hours after Adkins was sacked on Friday, January 18.
But negotiations to sign the player had been ongoing for days, with Forren in the crowd at Stamford Bridge when Saints drew with Chelsea two days earlier.
"I never spoke to Nigel," said Forren.
"I knew that there was a change and that the new manager wanted me here.
“For me it was never a problem, I was happy to be here and have an opportunity to play for Southampton."
The Premier League is very popular in Norway but Forren is not worried about upsetting people back home if Saints pull off an upset at Old Trafford tomorrow.
"All of my friends and family in Norway are happy for me to be in the Premier League, everyone loves the Premier League in Norway," he said.
"Of course I have some friends who are United fans but if I do well and we get the three points they will be okay."
With Jose Fonte still missing through injury and Forren settled into the Saints squad following a training trip to Barcelona the 24-year-old looks set to make his debut against United.
Comments are closed on this article.