Mane and Wanyama have both been heavily linked with moves away from St Mary’s but Koeman has reaffirmed his stance, insisting the duo are not for sale and that they are both happy at St Mary’s.
Koeman was left fuming after last weekend’s defeat to Norwich because of the well documented indiscipline shown by Mane and Wanyama.
- Frustrated Fonte denies Saints contract talk
- Saints get tough away tie in FA Cup
- PHOTOS: Former Saints star switches on Christmas lights
- Former Saints striker honoured for charity work
And now the Dutch manager has warned of what will happen if either of them, or any player in fact, agitates for a move away from St Mary's.
“It’s too easy to mention after the mistake of Sadio, or Victor’s second yellow, that the players are showing that they like to move,” Koeman said. “No, no, it’s too easy.
“It’s not like that and players know the position in the club and what we think about the players and there’s no reason to doubt about that.
“If there is any player thinking [like that], if his behaviour is not good, that makes easier for the player, then I put the player on the stands until the end of the contract.
“In my opinion it is not the way how you have to do your job as a football player.”
Mane has been linked with a move to Manchester United and, after he was dropped at Carrow Road for turning up late to a pre-match meeting, speculation was rife that the Senegal international was about to exit St Mary’s.
However, he has been welcomed back into the fold, with Koeman ready to start him in the FA Cup third round match against Crystal Palace tomorrow, which Wanyama is suspended for.
“Mane is not in a different situation now to when it was last week. He is a player of Southampton. He likes to play for Southampton. He is not for sale,” said Koeman.
“We spoke to Sadio, of course. I punished him because we have rules in the team. You have to confirm to those rules.
“He was late. It was a big mistake. He makes his excuse for everybody and that’s now behind and the rest is internal discussions about how we have to handle this kind of situations.
“He will start on Saturday, no problem.”
Koeman also revealed that Saints’ executive director of football Les Reed will continue efforts on extending Wanyama’s contract, which expires in 18 months time.
“Victor’s future is the same, it is not different than it was. He’s a player of Southampton, he’s an important player," he said.
“He did a stupid fault and he knows that and he’s apologised on social media.
“We spoke to Victor and its no difference in the situation of Victor.
“He’s not for sale. We need the good players. We need a good Wanyama and we need a good Mane because with both players we have more opportunity to win the game.”
The Kenyan was sent-off against Norwich and felt the wrath of Koeman before apologising for his dismissal, and subsequent two-match ban, on social media.
“What happened last week is behind us and I respect the players and I believe in the qualities of this player,” Koeman explained. “But he has to get the best answer and the best answer is on the pitch.”