Nigel's Swiss role

Daily Echo: NIGEL ADKINS NIGEL ADKINS

Saints are set to repeat their pre-season preparations for last season’s glorious promotion campaign ahead of their hotly anticipated return to the Premier League.

The Daily Echo understands that Nigel Adkins will take his men to Switzerland for the third year in a row as they build-up for a top flight return.

The Swiss trip is expected to take the format of more than a week of training punctuated with two friendly games against opposition of increasing levels of quality.

Saints are also likely to return to the Champney’s health spa they attended last summer as part of their pre-season fitness regime.

Though some supporters were expecting Saints to partake in a glamorous foreign trip due to their promotion, the return to Switzerland should come as no real surprise.

For full story and more Saints news, don't miss today's Daily Echo.

Comments (19)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:14am Wed 23 May 12

Prit says...

Sounds like a sound plan to me. The team came back well prepared and firing on all cylinders last year.
Sounds like a sound plan to me. The team came back well prepared and firing on all cylinders last year. Prit
  • Score: 0

9:29am Wed 23 May 12

franiow says...

Worked before so no need to change a winning formula.
Worked before so no need to change a winning formula. franiow
  • Score: 0

9:31am Wed 23 May 12

puppy saint says...

Being a child of the 60's I bet he's a connoisseur of the Bird's Eye classic Arctic Roll. Woof!
Being a child of the 60's I bet he's a connoisseur of the Bird's Eye classic Arctic Roll. Woof! puppy saint
  • Score: 0

9:34am Wed 23 May 12

Over the Edge says...

If it's not broke don't try and fix it.
If it's not broke don't try and fix it. Over the Edge
  • Score: 0

10:00am Wed 23 May 12

Confucious says...

Perfect - mountain air, apple strudel, a glass of Riesling, a 'little old lady' sing-song and a big Alpine horn.
Perfect - mountain air, apple strudel, a glass of Riesling, a 'little old lady' sing-song and a big Alpine horn. Confucious
  • Score: 0

10:07am Wed 23 May 12

St Retford says...

We were quite literally (ie not at all literally) on fire after last year's Swiss training. Unlike Pards, Nigel took it VERY seriously and we slayed everyone. A repeat of that would be great, thanks.
We were quite literally (ie not at all literally) on fire after last year's Swiss training. Unlike Pards, Nigel took it VERY seriously and we slayed everyone. A repeat of that would be great, thanks. St Retford
  • Score: 0

10:55am Wed 23 May 12

Marchwood dog man says...

Totally agree. There is no need to have a glamouress tour. The no nonsense approach is good.
Totally agree. There is no need to have a glamouress tour. The no nonsense approach is good. Marchwood dog man
  • Score: 0

11:36am Wed 23 May 12

Pooley says...

Now we are Prem level again maybe a meeting with the mighty FC Basel can be lined up? Nice for me if so - I live there... COYR
Now we are Prem level again maybe a meeting with the mighty FC Basel can be lined up? Nice for me if so - I live there... COYR Pooley
  • Score: 0

12:37pm Wed 23 May 12

Strasbourg Saint says...

St Retford wrote:
We were quite literally (ie not at all literally) on fire after last year's Swiss training. Unlike Pards, Nigel took it VERY seriously and we slayed everyone. A repeat of that would be great, thanks.
Slayed everyone? Not quite, a late Oxo stunner gained us a 3-3 draw in the first match in Biel.

That little pointless trivia aside, though, it'll hopefully give some of us a good reason to struggle down to the border again.

Can anyone remember when it is likely to happen?
[quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: We were quite literally (ie not at all literally) on fire after last year's Swiss training. Unlike Pards, Nigel took it VERY seriously and we slayed everyone. A repeat of that would be great, thanks.[/p][/quote]Slayed everyone? Not quite, a late Oxo stunner gained us a 3-3 draw in the first match in Biel. That little pointless trivia aside, though, it'll hopefully give some of us a good reason to struggle down to the border again. Can anyone remember when it is likely to happen? Strasbourg Saint
  • Score: 0

12:40pm Wed 23 May 12

Strasbourg Saint says...

Pooley wrote:
Now we are Prem level again maybe a meeting with the mighty FC Basel can be lined up? Nice for me if so - I live there... COYR
Ideal for me, too. That and a warm up against the newly-promoted (to the fourth league) Racing Strasbourg, of course.

Surely, if there was a clause in the Oxo deal that would bring the Gunners to SMS pre-season, then Racing must have insisted that Saints would some day do the honours as part of the Spiderman deal.
[quote][p][bold]Pooley[/bold] wrote: Now we are Prem level again maybe a meeting with the mighty FC Basel can be lined up? Nice for me if so - I live there... COYR[/p][/quote]Ideal for me, too. That and a warm up against the newly-promoted (to the fourth league) Racing Strasbourg, of course. Surely, if there was a clause in the Oxo deal that would bring the Gunners to SMS pre-season, then Racing must have insisted that Saints would some day do the honours as part of the Spiderman deal. Strasbourg Saint
  • Score: 0

12:53pm Wed 23 May 12

St Retford says...

Strasbourg Saint wrote:
St Retford wrote: We were quite literally (ie not at all literally) on fire after last year's Swiss training. Unlike Pards, Nigel took it VERY seriously and we slayed everyone. A repeat of that would be great, thanks.
Slayed everyone? Not quite, a late Oxo stunner gained us a 3-3 draw in the first match in Biel. That little pointless trivia aside, though, it'll hopefully give some of us a good reason to struggle down to the border again. Can anyone remember when it is likely to happen?
I meant when we got back and started the season. We literally (again, not literally) flew out of the blocks thanks to Nigel's expertise in fitness and preparation.

The actual results in Switzerland were kind of irrelevant, although I suspect Nicola will want to be able to go back home and say "Look what I've been doing with the last three years of my life," and for people to say "Cor - impressive" so maybe it wouldn't hurt to win a couple this time.
[quote][p][bold]Strasbourg Saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: We were quite literally (ie not at all literally) on fire after last year's Swiss training. Unlike Pards, Nigel took it VERY seriously and we slayed everyone. A repeat of that would be great, thanks.[/p][/quote]Slayed everyone? Not quite, a late Oxo stunner gained us a 3-3 draw in the first match in Biel. That little pointless trivia aside, though, it'll hopefully give some of us a good reason to struggle down to the border again. Can anyone remember when it is likely to happen?[/p][/quote]I meant when we got back and started the season. We literally (again, not literally) flew out of the blocks thanks to Nigel's expertise in fitness and preparation. The actual results in Switzerland were kind of irrelevant, although I suspect Nicola will want to be able to go back home and say "Look what I've been doing with the last three years of my life," and for people to say "Cor - impressive" so maybe it wouldn't hurt to win a couple this time. St Retford
  • Score: 0

1:03pm Wed 23 May 12

Strasbourg Saint says...

St Retford wrote:
Strasbourg Saint wrote:
St Retford wrote: We were quite literally (ie not at all literally) on fire after last year's Swiss training. Unlike Pards, Nigel took it VERY seriously and we slayed everyone. A repeat of that would be great, thanks.
Slayed everyone? Not quite, a late Oxo stunner gained us a 3-3 draw in the first match in Biel. That little pointless trivia aside, though, it'll hopefully give some of us a good reason to struggle down to the border again. Can anyone remember when it is likely to happen?
I meant when we got back and started the season. We literally (again, not literally) flew out of the blocks thanks to Nigel's expertise in fitness and preparation.

The actual results in Switzerland were kind of irrelevant, although I suspect Nicola will want to be able to go back home and say "Look what I've been doing with the last three years of my life," and for people to say "Cor - impressive" so maybe it wouldn't hurt to win a couple this time.
We're both literally correct!
[quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Strasbourg Saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: We were quite literally (ie not at all literally) on fire after last year's Swiss training. Unlike Pards, Nigel took it VERY seriously and we slayed everyone. A repeat of that would be great, thanks.[/p][/quote]Slayed everyone? Not quite, a late Oxo stunner gained us a 3-3 draw in the first match in Biel. That little pointless trivia aside, though, it'll hopefully give some of us a good reason to struggle down to the border again. Can anyone remember when it is likely to happen?[/p][/quote]I meant when we got back and started the season. We literally (again, not literally) flew out of the blocks thanks to Nigel's expertise in fitness and preparation. The actual results in Switzerland were kind of irrelevant, although I suspect Nicola will want to be able to go back home and say "Look what I've been doing with the last three years of my life," and for people to say "Cor - impressive" so maybe it wouldn't hurt to win a couple this time.[/p][/quote]We're both literally correct! Strasbourg Saint
  • Score: 0

1:30pm Wed 23 May 12

St Retford says...

Heh - you probably didn't have the misfortune to see any of ITV's coverage of the Champions League final, but at one point the commentator used the phrase "This is quite literally unbelievable".

Amazing.

Oh, hang on, a season ticket story has gone up. We might as well retire this thread and prepare for an actual SHITSTORM.
Heh - you probably didn't have the misfortune to see any of ITV's coverage of the Champions League final, but at one point the commentator used the phrase "This is quite literally unbelievable". Amazing. Oh, hang on, a season ticket story has gone up. We might as well retire this thread and prepare for an actual SHITSTORM. St Retford
  • Score: 0

7:42pm Wed 23 May 12

wild rupert says...

Ok I know I'm going to get slaughtered but have it on good info that a new manager is incoming.Cant say to much but you heard it here.Expecting wum and a lot of dismissals but wait and see
Ok I know I'm going to get slaughtered but have it on good info that a new manager is incoming.Cant say to much but you heard it here.Expecting wum and a lot of dismissals but wait and see wild rupert
  • Score: 0

8:55pm Wed 23 May 12

Fatty x Ford Worker says...

Should of played that team down the road,
The old Dears batteriesis flat now she is on cruches!Singing Oh When The Saints Go Marching in!What a turncoat that old bag is.
Should of played that team down the road, The old Dears batteriesis flat now she is on cruches!Singing Oh When The Saints Go Marching in!What a turncoat that old bag is. Fatty x Ford Worker
  • Score: 0

10:36pm Wed 23 May 12

vachequipis says...

wild rupert wrote:
Ok I know I'm going to get slaughtered but have it on good info that a new manager is incoming.Cant say to much but you heard it here.Expecting wum and a lot of dismissals but wait and see
you forgot to say "I am a filthy skunt, please ignore this post"
[quote][p][bold]wild rupert[/bold] wrote: Ok I know I'm going to get slaughtered but have it on good info that a new manager is incoming.Cant say to much but you heard it here.Expecting wum and a lot of dismissals but wait and see[/p][/quote]you forgot to say "I am a filthy skunt, please ignore this post" vachequipis
  • Score: 0

2:08pm Thu 24 May 12

lowe esteem says...

Fatty x Ford Worker wrote:
Should of played that team down the road,
The old Dears batteriesis flat now she is on cruches!Singing Oh When The Saints Go Marching in!What a turncoat that old bag is.
Should HAVE...you DO sound like one yourself sometimes...
[quote][p][bold]Fatty x Ford Worker[/bold] wrote: Should of played that team down the road, The old Dears batteriesis flat now she is on cruches!Singing Oh When The Saints Go Marching in!What a turncoat that old bag is.[/p][/quote]Should HAVE...you DO sound like one yourself sometimes... lowe esteem
  • Score: 0

9:24pm Thu 24 May 12

wild rupert says...

vachequipis wrote:
wild rupert wrote: Ok I know I'm going to get slaughtered but have it on good info that a new manager is incoming.Cant say to much but you heard it here.Expecting wum and a lot of dismissals but wait and see
you forgot to say "I am a filthy skunt, please ignore this post"
C*ck
[quote][p][bold]vachequipis[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wild rupert[/bold] wrote: Ok I know I'm going to get slaughtered but have it on good info that a new manager is incoming.Cant say to much but you heard it here.Expecting wum and a lot of dismissals but wait and see[/p][/quote]you forgot to say "I am a filthy skunt, please ignore this post"[/p][/quote]C*ck wild rupert
  • Score: 0

10:44am Sat 26 May 12

Fasnacht says...

Pooley wrote:
Now we are Prem level again maybe a meeting with the mighty FC Basel can be lined up? Nice for me if so - I live there... COYR
FCB would really be good.
I visit Basel often.
Maybe meetup at Pickwicks?
[quote][p][bold]Pooley[/bold] wrote: Now we are Prem level again maybe a meeting with the mighty FC Basel can be lined up? Nice for me if so - I live there... COYR[/p][/quote]FCB would really be good. I visit Basel often. Maybe meetup at Pickwicks? Fasnacht
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree