Tadanari Lee in line for return to action for Southampton at Stevenage

Tadanari Lee

Tadanari Lee

First published in Saints News

TADANARI Lee is expected to start for Saints in tonight’s Capital One Cup tie at Stevenage, as the striker completes his recovery from a serious foot injury.

The Japan international has not played a competitive match in more than five months, after being hurt during a training session in March, writes GORDON SIMPSON.

However, he has featured twice for the under-21 side in recent weeks and Saints manager Nigel Adkins revealed he intends to name him in the line-up for this evening’s second round contest at the Lamex Stadium.

Lee scored for the development squad on his return in a behind-closed-doors 3-3 friendly draw with Brighton, before playing over an hour in a 3-2 league victory against Sunderland.

Because of his injury, the forward has so far made just nine firstteam appearances for Saints since his free transfer from Sanfrecce Hiroshima in January, scoring once.

“We have Tadanari Lee and he has been out after an operation on his foot at the end of last season,” said Adkins.

“He played 70 minutes in a development game and has the perfect opportunity now in his rehabilitation.

“He is getting closer to full fitness and could actually start the game against Stevenage so that is what we will be looking to do.”

Lee will not be the only player to receive their first action of the season tonight, either.

Adkins is expected to make numerous changes to the team for the meeting with League One outfit Stevenage, as he looks to give fringe players a run out and keep his regular stars fresh for the visit of Manchester United on Sunday.

“Obviously it gives us an opportunity for some of the players who haven't started the last two games to start so there will be a bit of rotation,” said the Saints boss.

“We will be taking it seriously, though. We want to win every game of football.

“If you have got a shirt on playing for Southampton , you have a winning mentality that we have here.

“We want to go out and endeavour to win every game of football.”

Keeper Paulo Gazzaniga, who signed from Gillingham last month as back-up to Kelvin Davis should make his first appearance.

Highly-rated teenage leftback Luke Shaw could also be handed his full Saints debut in place of Danny Fox , while Frazer Richardson might well come in for Nathaniel Clyne on the other side of defence.

Centre backs Dan Seaborne and Jack Stephens will both be hoping for a place in the team, with midfielders Richard Chaplow and Dean Hammond also among those in contention for their first action of the season.

Stevenage manager Gary Smith has no new injury concerns ahead of the match, although defender Lee Hills, a summer signing from Crystal Palace, is still short of fitness and might miss out.

Comments (64)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:06am Tue 28 Aug 12

bullsbags says...

Obviously someone at the echo has got ss news on,keep up!
How about something on the transfer front
Obviously someone at the echo has got ss news on,keep up! How about something on the transfer front bullsbags
  • Score: 0

11:07am Tue 28 Aug 12

OSPREYSAINT says...

Good chance for the bench squad to get some match practice, a win would be good for morale, but I don't think we are too interested in this competition.
Good chance for the bench squad to get some match practice, a win would be good for morale, but I don't think we are too interested in this competition. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

11:13am Tue 28 Aug 12

bullsbags says...

Think your right osprey but we should be interested. All the top sides aren't, so who knows!
Think your right osprey but we should be interested. All the top sides aren't, so who knows! bullsbags
  • Score: 0

11:22am Tue 28 Aug 12

olddellsaint says...

Great news, I like this Mr T Lee
Great news, I like this Mr T Lee olddellsaint
  • Score: 0

11:29am Tue 28 Aug 12

Jesus_02 says...

we could do with him in the first 11. Come on chung get fit!
we could do with him in the first 11. Come on chung get fit! Jesus_02
  • Score: 0

11:38am Tue 28 Aug 12

BracknellSaint says...

This is good news. His pace and hard work will give the first team an additional dimension/option for sure.
I think he's going to be important for us this year. Use him as an impact player, or maybe when we're away, stick him up front for the first hour to do the running/chasing we will need.
Hope we tie something up for Yoshida too...
This is good news. His pace and hard work will give the first team an additional dimension/option for sure. I think he's going to be important for us this year. Use him as an impact player, or maybe when we're away, stick him up front for the first hour to do the running/chasing we will need. Hope we tie something up for Yoshida too... BracknellSaint
  • Score: 0

11:42am Tue 28 Aug 12

up saints says...

looking forward to this game think luke shaw is the main reason if we get no left back in the transfere window.argee about mr t lee
looking forward to this game think luke shaw is the main reason if we get no left back in the transfere window.argee about mr t lee up saints
  • Score: 0

11:50am Tue 28 Aug 12

Dino-Saw-Us says...

I've got a feeling we might be seeing a double unveiling this afternoon or tomorrow morning!
I've got a feeling we might be seeing a double unveiling this afternoon or tomorrow morning! Dino-Saw-Us
  • Score: 0

11:57am Tue 28 Aug 12

billythesaint says...

Good to see Tadanari and his magical teleporting machine back! Hope he's still faster than the naked eye can detect and beaming himself round the pitch.
********************
********************

Do Prado has been nicked for drink driving so hopefully he'll be banged up until middle of May and we can start putting points on the board.
Good to see Tadanari and his magical teleporting machine back! Hope he's still faster than the naked eye can detect and beaming himself round the pitch. ******************** ******************** Do Prado has been nicked for drink driving so hopefully he'll be banged up until middle of May and we can start putting points on the board. billythesaint
  • Score: 0

12:05pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Confucious says...

Good. This boy is fast and full of energy and I think he'll do well in the Prem once fully match fit.

Couple of good signings this week will lift spirits.
Good. This boy is fast and full of energy and I think he'll do well in the Prem once fully match fit. Couple of good signings this week will lift spirits. Confucious
  • Score: 0

12:09pm Tue 28 Aug 12

soton3009 says...

I'd go....
Gazzaniga
Richardson-Stephens-
Seabourne-Shaw
De Ridder-Hammond-Chapp
ers-Dickson
Sharp-Lee

Not a bad side to be fair.Would it be a Premiership side though......
I'd go.... Gazzaniga Richardson-Stephens- Seabourne-Shaw De Ridder-Hammond-Chapp ers-Dickson Sharp-Lee Not a bad side to be fair.Would it be a Premiership side though...... soton3009
  • Score: 0

12:11pm Tue 28 Aug 12

seventh-junction says...

Arsenal away sold out.
Looks like some of us fans who travelled to a lot of games last season and the season before are going to struggle to get to any games this season.
Those like myself who didn't go to Man City away but are season ticket holders seem to have missed the boat for the points system already.
I suppose less popular games further a fieldmay not be so sought after.
Gutted..COYR
Arsenal away sold out. Looks like some of us fans who travelled to a lot of games last season and the season before are going to struggle to get to any games this season. Those like myself who didn't go to Man City away but are season ticket holders seem to have missed the boat for the points system already. I suppose less popular games further a fieldmay not be so sought after. Gutted..COYR seventh-junction
  • Score: 0

12:17pm Tue 28 Aug 12

seventh-junction says...

I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity.
My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000.
We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus.
If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans??
B@mmer!!....COYR
I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR seventh-junction
  • Score: 0

12:25pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Dino-Saw-Us says...

Heard a few little rumours . . .

£5m for Nicolai Boilesen - Ajax
£8m for Jean Armel-Kana Biyik - Rennes
£2m for Yoshida - VVV-Venlo
£? - Tuncay - Middlesborough
Heard a few little rumours . . . £5m for Nicolai Boilesen - Ajax £8m for Jean Armel-Kana Biyik - Rennes £2m for Yoshida - VVV-Venlo £? - Tuncay - Middlesborough Dino-Saw-Us
  • Score: 0

12:26pm Tue 28 Aug 12

arrythecrook says...

seventh-junction wrote:
I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity.
My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000.
We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus.
If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans??
B@mmer!!....COYR
I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.
[quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR[/p][/quote]I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off. arrythecrook
  • Score: 0

12:28pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Dino-Saw-Us says...

I'd have J-Rod up front to try and get him a goal . . . Confidence is Key!
I'd have J-Rod up front to try and get him a goal . . . Confidence is Key! Dino-Saw-Us
  • Score: 0

12:37pm Tue 28 Aug 12

worried of n e hampshire says...

arrythecrook wrote:
seventh-junction wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR
I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.
no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted!
[quote][p][bold]arrythecrook[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR[/p][/quote]I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.[/p][/quote]no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted! worried of n e hampshire
  • Score: 0

12:38pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Licky_Rambert says...

why wasnt tonight's game at stevenage included on the loyalty points system??
why wasnt tonight's game at stevenage included on the loyalty points system?? Licky_Rambert
  • Score: 0

12:39pm Tue 28 Aug 12

bullsbags says...

Even better have lee and j-rod up front
No harm in trying it. Plenty of pace too
Even better have lee and j-rod up front No harm in trying it. Plenty of pace too bullsbags
  • Score: 0

12:40pm Tue 28 Aug 12

St.Yorkie says...

Interesting they aren't allowing comments on the Guly DD story. I guess they don't want to influence the case by the vitriol expressed on this site by some!
I do not condone DD and agree a professional footballer should be using a taxi if out and about socialising. However that something will be resolved - just like with Barnard last season.
Back to tonights game - I would expect nothing less than a resounding win by players hungry for a taste of The Premier League. I would consider it a failure for the squad if it was nothing less than 6-0. So no pressure there then!
As for Mr Lee - I think he will feature more in our first 11 towards the end of games. The only problem I have with him is his runs are too fast! Our players never seem to pass quickly enough - and the linesman flag is up quicker than that because he leaves everyone dead in their tracks.
However I 'd love to see him have a go at United's current back four...even for the last 10-mins! Him and Billy Sharp could just be the difference we need in the last 15-mins!
Interesting they aren't allowing comments on the Guly DD story. I guess they don't want to influence the case by the vitriol expressed on this site by some! I do not condone DD and agree a professional footballer should be using a taxi if out and about socialising. However that something will be resolved - just like with Barnard last season. Back to tonights game - I would expect nothing less than a resounding win by players hungry for a taste of The Premier League. I would consider it a failure for the squad if it was nothing less than 6-0. So no pressure there then! As for Mr Lee - I think he will feature more in our first 11 towards the end of games. The only problem I have with him is his runs are too fast! Our players never seem to pass quickly enough - and the linesman flag is up quicker than that because he leaves everyone dead in their tracks. However I 'd love to see him have a go at United's current back four...even for the last 10-mins! Him and Billy Sharp could just be the difference we need in the last 15-mins! St.Yorkie
  • Score: 0

12:47pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Dino-Saw-Us says...

Lee would destroy Carrick if he is still playing CB at the weekend!

COYRs!
Lee would destroy Carrick if he is still playing CB at the weekend! COYRs! Dino-Saw-Us
  • Score: 0

1:22pm Tue 28 Aug 12

boilerman says...

worried of n e hampshire wrote:
arrythecrook wrote:
seventh-junction wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR
I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.
no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted!
I know how you feel, Got mine though, got in the queue at 5am and I was not the first , we were saying that it looked like anyone who turned up after 7.30 would struggle.
The security staff said they had not expected a big turn out and only 3 people behind the ticket office.
Would be interested to know what time they sold out.
Come on Saints sort it out, show a bit of loyalty to those who have travelled away even if it just last season taken into account.
[quote][p][bold]worried of n e hampshire[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arrythecrook[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR[/p][/quote]I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.[/p][/quote]no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted![/p][/quote]I know how you feel, Got mine though, got in the queue at 5am and I was not the first , we were saying that it looked like anyone who turned up after 7.30 would struggle. The security staff said they had not expected a big turn out and only 3 people behind the ticket office. Would be interested to know what time they sold out. Come on Saints sort it out, show a bit of loyalty to those who have travelled away even if it just last season taken into account. boilerman
  • Score: 0

1:22pm Tue 28 Aug 12

sisaydo says...

So we are in for Jay Spearing I hear.
So we are in for Jay Spearing I hear. sisaydo
  • Score: 0

1:28pm Tue 28 Aug 12

miltonarcher says...

worried of n e hampshire wrote:
arrythecrook wrote:
seventh-junction wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR
I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.
no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted!
Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace.
[quote][p][bold]worried of n e hampshire[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arrythecrook[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR[/p][/quote]I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.[/p][/quote]no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted![/p][/quote]Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace. miltonarcher
  • Score: 0

1:31pm Tue 28 Aug 12

bullsbags says...

Plastics ? How old are you!
Plastics ? How old are you! bullsbags
  • Score: 0

1:37pm Tue 28 Aug 12

lowe esteem says...

Licky_Rambert wrote:
why wasnt tonight's game at stevenage included on the loyalty points system??
Good question-polyvinylch
lorides and latter-day bakelites methinks
[quote][p][bold]Licky_Rambert[/bold] wrote: why wasnt tonight's game at stevenage included on the loyalty points system??[/p][/quote]Good question-polyvinylch lorides and latter-day bakelites methinks lowe esteem
  • Score: 0

1:40pm Tue 28 Aug 12

lowe esteem says...

bullsbags wrote:
Plastics ? How old are you!
see above-Johnny come-lately's will be gone soon-or calling for the Manager-wassisface, y'know, Atkins, whatever-he's gotta go.
[quote][p][bold]bullsbags[/bold] wrote: Plastics ? How old are you![/p][/quote]see above-Johnny come-lately's will be gone soon-or calling for the Manager-wassisface, y'know, Atkins, whatever-he's gotta go. lowe esteem
  • Score: 0

1:41pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Alicesdad says...

Daily Mirror says we are in for Birmingham's Curtis Davies.

Is he any good? I remember him vaguely but haven't taken much notice until now.
Daily Mirror says we are in for Birmingham's Curtis Davies. Is he any good? I remember him vaguely but haven't taken much notice until now. Alicesdad
  • Score: 0

1:45pm Tue 28 Aug 12

bullsbags says...

Lowe esteem I've been to 750-800 saints games since 1975 YOU?
Lowe esteem I've been to 750-800 saints games since 1975 YOU? bullsbags
  • Score: 0

1:50pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Alicesdad says...

The benefit of Tad Lee is that he gives Adkins the chance to completely change the pace of a game by using him. He is very quick, he can pass accurately, he can turn on a sixpence and just generaly speeds up the game when he gets the ball.

If used from the start he will wear defenders down and probably pull players out of position effectively. If he comes on later in the game he will disrupt any defensive pattern.

All in all Nigel has many options, not just with Lee but with others too. We are building a true squad. Depth is coming and we will soon have a team that can cope with occasional injuries and present several attack options against differing styles of play.

Looking good Nigel, ignore the early results and the moaning minnies .. this is a marathon not a sprint.
The benefit of Tad Lee is that he gives Adkins the chance to completely change the pace of a game by using him. He is very quick, he can pass accurately, he can turn on a sixpence and just generaly speeds up the game when he gets the ball. If used from the start he will wear defenders down and probably pull players out of position effectively. If he comes on later in the game he will disrupt any defensive pattern. All in all Nigel has many options, not just with Lee but with others too. We are building a true squad. Depth is coming and we will soon have a team that can cope with occasional injuries and present several attack options against differing styles of play. Looking good Nigel, ignore the early results and the moaning minnies .. this is a marathon not a sprint. Alicesdad
  • Score: 0

2:01pm Tue 28 Aug 12

bullsbags says...

Lowe esteem.
Lost your tongue! Thought so,or has mummy taken you out to get your new school uniform?
Lowe esteem. Lost your tongue! Thought so,or has mummy taken you out to get your new school uniform? bullsbags
  • Score: 0

2:16pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Dino-Saw-Us says...

Ward-Prowse looks good this season and don't think It will be long before Fox loses his LB spot to Shaw ...

3-0 tonight should get some confidence flowing again before Utd ...
Ward-Prowse looks good this season and don't think It will be long before Fox loses his LB spot to Shaw ... 3-0 tonight should get some confidence flowing again before Utd ... Dino-Saw-Us
  • Score: 0

2:26pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Strasbourg Saint says...

Alicesdad wrote:
Daily Mirror says we are in for Birmingham's Curtis Davies.

Is he any good? I remember him vaguely but haven't taken much notice until now.
Decent enough, with a bit of experience, too. Has been in various England squads but a shoulder injury (and Martin O'Neill, perhaps) hampered his progress and he eventually moved on to Brum. Doubt he'll ever quite get into the full-Engalnd squad, having so far only progressed to U21 level.

Would rather one of those being mentioned elsewhere but let's see.
[quote][p][bold]Alicesdad[/bold] wrote: Daily Mirror says we are in for Birmingham's Curtis Davies. Is he any good? I remember him vaguely but haven't taken much notice until now.[/p][/quote]Decent enough, with a bit of experience, too. Has been in various England squads but a shoulder injury (and Martin O'Neill, perhaps) hampered his progress and he eventually moved on to Brum. Doubt he'll ever quite get into the full-Engalnd squad, having so far only progressed to U21 level. Would rather one of those being mentioned elsewhere but let's see. Strasbourg Saint
  • Score: 0

2:30pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Strasbourg Saint says...

boilerman wrote:
worried of n e hampshire wrote:
arrythecrook wrote:
seventh-junction wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR
I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.
no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted!
I know how you feel, Got mine though, got in the queue at 5am and I was not the first , we were saying that it looked like anyone who turned up after 7.30 would struggle.
The security staff said they had not expected a big turn out and only 3 people behind the ticket office.
Would be interested to know what time they sold out.
Come on Saints sort it out, show a bit of loyalty to those who have travelled away even if it just last season taken into account.
Well done on getting yours. I really feel for those who have done a lot of travelling these past 7 seasons and are now being treated no better than those who have suddenly remembered who The Saints are.

Did anyone manage to get a ticket online or was it box office only?

On the plus side, I think we have the right to order a further 3,000 or so. So, all is not lost.
[quote][p][bold]boilerman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]worried of n e hampshire[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arrythecrook[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR[/p][/quote]I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.[/p][/quote]no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted![/p][/quote]I know how you feel, Got mine though, got in the queue at 5am and I was not the first , we were saying that it looked like anyone who turned up after 7.30 would struggle. The security staff said they had not expected a big turn out and only 3 people behind the ticket office. Would be interested to know what time they sold out. Come on Saints sort it out, show a bit of loyalty to those who have travelled away even if it just last season taken into account.[/p][/quote]Well done on getting yours. I really feel for those who have done a lot of travelling these past 7 seasons and are now being treated no better than those who have suddenly remembered who The Saints are. Did anyone manage to get a ticket online or was it box office only? On the plus side, I think we have the right to order a further 3,000 or so. So, all is not lost. Strasbourg Saint
  • Score: 0

2:42pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Puddletown Saint says...

I am going for

Gazza
Rich Jack Dan Luke
JWP Davis Chappers
Jay Billy Lee

Kelvin Nath Jos Fox
Deano Steeeeeeeve and Punch
I am going for Gazza Rich Jack Dan Luke JWP Davis Chappers Jay Billy Lee Kelvin Nath Jos Fox Deano Steeeeeeeve and Punch Puddletown Saint
  • Score: 0

3:20pm Tue 28 Aug 12

billythesaint says...

miltonarcher wrote:
worried of n e hampshire wrote:
arrythecrook wrote:
seventh-junction wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR
I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.
no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted!
Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace.
You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. "Get in early to avoid disappointment" is my advice. We should be allowed further tickets according to the rules so when the next batch comes on sale you might want to queue up earlier. It's like the 3000 that have tickets are all plastics and should hand over their tickets to the ones who went to Doncaster away when we were sh1t. Life doesn't work that way unfortunately.
[quote][p][bold]miltonarcher[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]worried of n e hampshire[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arrythecrook[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR[/p][/quote]I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.[/p][/quote]no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted![/p][/quote]Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace.[/p][/quote]You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. "Get in early to avoid disappointment" is my advice. We should be allowed further tickets according to the rules so when the next batch comes on sale you might want to queue up earlier. It's like the 3000 that have tickets are all plastics and should hand over their tickets to the ones who went to Doncaster away when we were sh1t. Life doesn't work that way unfortunately. billythesaint
  • Score: 0

3:54pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Dino-Saw-Us says...

On a positive note . . . who's coming to Stevenage?
On a positive note . . . who's coming to Stevenage? Dino-Saw-Us
  • Score: 0

3:57pm Tue 28 Aug 12

SO50 Saint says...

I was dissapointed by the way this is done, I do though think the club has quite a good idea with the points system but to start using it after 1 game seems quite silly. I think it should have been brought in after at least 3 or 4 away games. But I do agree with the others who have stated about those outposts in the past few years and that it now seems that they count for absolutely nothing
I was dissapointed by the way this is done, I do though think the club has quite a good idea with the points system but to start using it after 1 game seems quite silly. I think it should have been brought in after at least 3 or 4 away games. But I do agree with the others who have stated about those outposts in the past few years and that it now seems that they count for absolutely nothing SO50 Saint
  • Score: 0

4:10pm Tue 28 Aug 12

seventh-junction says...

billythesaint wrote:
miltonarcher wrote:
worried of n e hampshire wrote:
arrythecrook wrote:
seventh-junction wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR
I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.
no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted!
Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace.
You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. "Get in early to avoid disappointment" is my advice. We should be allowed further tickets according to the rules so when the next batch comes on sale you might want to queue up earlier. It's like the 3000 that have tickets are all plastics and should hand over their tickets to the ones who went to Doncaster away when we were sh1t. Life doesn't work that way unfortunately.
I'm glad someone who knows the League rules about ticket allocations has answered my question from earlier.
So we will be getting another 3000 tickets then???I'd better set my alarm on the day they go on sale. You don't know when that will be as well do you? Or should I contact the club and get the answers from them?
COYR
[quote][p][bold]billythesaint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]miltonarcher[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]worried of n e hampshire[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arrythecrook[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR[/p][/quote]I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.[/p][/quote]no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted![/p][/quote]Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace.[/p][/quote]You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. "Get in early to avoid disappointment" is my advice. We should be allowed further tickets according to the rules so when the next batch comes on sale you might want to queue up earlier. It's like the 3000 that have tickets are all plastics and should hand over their tickets to the ones who went to Doncaster away when we were sh1t. Life doesn't work that way unfortunately.[/p][/quote]I'm glad someone who knows the League rules about ticket allocations has answered my question from earlier. So we will be getting another 3000 tickets then???I'd better set my alarm on the day they go on sale. You don't know when that will be as well do you? Or should I contact the club and get the answers from them? COYR seventh-junction
  • Score: 0

4:11pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Rising_Son says...

Strasbourg Saint wrote:
boilerman wrote:
worried of n e hampshire wrote:
arrythecrook wrote:
seventh-junction wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR
I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.
no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted!
I know how you feel, Got mine though, got in the queue at 5am and I was not the first , we were saying that it looked like anyone who turned up after 7.30 would struggle.
The security staff said they had not expected a big turn out and only 3 people behind the ticket office.
Would be interested to know what time they sold out.
Come on Saints sort it out, show a bit of loyalty to those who have travelled away even if it just last season taken into account.
Well done on getting yours. I really feel for those who have done a lot of travelling these past 7 seasons and are now being treated no better than those who have suddenly remembered who The Saints are.

Did anyone manage to get a ticket online or was it box office only?

On the plus side, I think we have the right to order a further 3,000 or so. So, all is not lost.
I managed to get one online, with the help of a season ticket and ManCity.
[quote][p][bold]Strasbourg Saint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]boilerman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]worried of n e hampshire[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arrythecrook[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR[/p][/quote]I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.[/p][/quote]no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted![/p][/quote]I know how you feel, Got mine though, got in the queue at 5am and I was not the first , we were saying that it looked like anyone who turned up after 7.30 would struggle. The security staff said they had not expected a big turn out and only 3 people behind the ticket office. Would be interested to know what time they sold out. Come on Saints sort it out, show a bit of loyalty to those who have travelled away even if it just last season taken into account.[/p][/quote]Well done on getting yours. I really feel for those who have done a lot of travelling these past 7 seasons and are now being treated no better than those who have suddenly remembered who The Saints are. Did anyone manage to get a ticket online or was it box office only? On the plus side, I think we have the right to order a further 3,000 or so. So, all is not lost.[/p][/quote]I managed to get one online, with the help of a season ticket and ManCity. Rising_Son
  • Score: 0

4:11pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Rising_Son says...

Dino-Saw-Us wrote:
On a positive note . . . who's coming to Stevenage?
Me.
[quote][p][bold]Dino-Saw-Us[/bold] wrote: On a positive note . . . who's coming to Stevenage?[/p][/quote]Me. Rising_Son
  • Score: 0

4:12pm Tue 28 Aug 12

joelster says...

hey question for everyone-

If you were to wake up on September 1st and check the Saints OS- HOW MANY players would you be excited to see that we have signed??

(I know we all hash over positions, so do that in your head and tell me how many you would be excited to see)

1,3,5,6???
hey question for everyone- If you were to wake up on September 1st and check the Saints OS- HOW MANY players would you be excited to see that we have signed?? (I know we all hash over positions, so do that in your head and tell me how many you would be excited to see) 1,3,5,6??? joelster
  • Score: 0

4:22pm Tue 28 Aug 12

billythesaint says...

seventh-junction wrote:
billythesaint wrote:
miltonarcher wrote:
worried of n e hampshire wrote:
arrythecrook wrote:
seventh-junction wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR
I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.
no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted!
Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace.
You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. "Get in early to avoid disappointment" is my advice. We should be allowed further tickets according to the rules so when the next batch comes on sale you might want to queue up earlier. It's like the 3000 that have tickets are all plastics and should hand over their tickets to the ones who went to Doncaster away when we were sh1t. Life doesn't work that way unfortunately.
I'm glad someone who knows the League rules about ticket allocations has answered my question from earlier.
So we will be getting another 3000 tickets then???I'd better set my alarm on the day they go on sale. You don't know when that will be as well do you? Or should I contact the club and get the answers from them?
COYR
The league rules are 10% for normal games and 15% for cup games. We're entitled to a lot more tickets and can request more. They will probably come in little batches and annoy the Arsenal fans as they gradually get sold but there you go.
[quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billythesaint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]miltonarcher[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]worried of n e hampshire[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arrythecrook[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR[/p][/quote]I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.[/p][/quote]no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted![/p][/quote]Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace.[/p][/quote]You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. "Get in early to avoid disappointment" is my advice. We should be allowed further tickets according to the rules so when the next batch comes on sale you might want to queue up earlier. It's like the 3000 that have tickets are all plastics and should hand over their tickets to the ones who went to Doncaster away when we were sh1t. Life doesn't work that way unfortunately.[/p][/quote]I'm glad someone who knows the League rules about ticket allocations has answered my question from earlier. So we will be getting another 3000 tickets then???I'd better set my alarm on the day they go on sale. You don't know when that will be as well do you? Or should I contact the club and get the answers from them? COYR[/p][/quote]The league rules are 10% for normal games and 15% for cup games. We're entitled to a lot more tickets and can request more. They will probably come in little batches and annoy the Arsenal fans as they gradually get sold but there you go. billythesaint
  • Score: 0

4:32pm Tue 28 Aug 12

seventh-junction says...

billythesaint wrote:
seventh-junction wrote:
billythesaint wrote:
miltonarcher wrote:
worried of n e hampshire wrote:
arrythecrook wrote:
seventh-junction wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR
I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.
no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted!
Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace.
You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. "Get in early to avoid disappointment" is my advice. We should be allowed further tickets according to the rules so when the next batch comes on sale you might want to queue up earlier. It's like the 3000 that have tickets are all plastics and should hand over their tickets to the ones who went to Doncaster away when we were sh1t. Life doesn't work that way unfortunately.
I'm glad someone who knows the League rules about ticket allocations has answered my question from earlier.
So we will be getting another 3000 tickets then???I'd better set my alarm on the day they go on sale. You don't know when that will be as well do you? Or should I contact the club and get the answers from them?
COYR
The league rules are 10% for normal games and 15% for cup games. We're entitled to a lot more tickets and can request more. They will probably come in little batches and annoy the Arsenal fans as they gradually get sold but there you go.
The 10% allocation is what I thought was the normal percentage but there has not yet been any mention from Saints that they were going to apply for any more. I suppose it is early days and some news of further tickets may come out soon if they are available.
The problem is as you and I have already touched on is the demand from the Arsenal fans.
Thay have thousands of fans on the waiting list for season tickets alone so I'd be surprised if they were to give us anymore.
Saying that I can remember several games on MOTD or Sky in the past when it looked like a large away following at the Emirates far in excess of 3000. So who knows we may get lucky.
COYR
[quote][p][bold]billythesaint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billythesaint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]miltonarcher[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]worried of n e hampshire[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arrythecrook[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR[/p][/quote]I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.[/p][/quote]no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted![/p][/quote]Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace.[/p][/quote]You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. "Get in early to avoid disappointment" is my advice. We should be allowed further tickets according to the rules so when the next batch comes on sale you might want to queue up earlier. It's like the 3000 that have tickets are all plastics and should hand over their tickets to the ones who went to Doncaster away when we were sh1t. Life doesn't work that way unfortunately.[/p][/quote]I'm glad someone who knows the League rules about ticket allocations has answered my question from earlier. So we will be getting another 3000 tickets then???I'd better set my alarm on the day they go on sale. You don't know when that will be as well do you? Or should I contact the club and get the answers from them? COYR[/p][/quote]The league rules are 10% for normal games and 15% for cup games. We're entitled to a lot more tickets and can request more. They will probably come in little batches and annoy the Arsenal fans as they gradually get sold but there you go.[/p][/quote]The 10% allocation is what I thought was the normal percentage but there has not yet been any mention from Saints that they were going to apply for any more. I suppose it is early days and some news of further tickets may come out soon if they are available. The problem is as you and I have already touched on is the demand from the Arsenal fans. Thay have thousands of fans on the waiting list for season tickets alone so I'd be surprised if they were to give us anymore. Saying that I can remember several games on MOTD or Sky in the past when it looked like a large away following at the Emirates far in excess of 3000. So who knows we may get lucky. COYR seventh-junction
  • Score: 0

4:50pm Tue 28 Aug 12

m27 says...

Just about got my Arsenal ticket. Started queuing at 8.30am and got one of the last tickets at 1.20pm!! relieved yes but with only 3 ticket operators and having to wait nearly 5 hours, think NC needs to invest in staff as well as players! Also £5 to park, still 3 points would make it all worthwhile
Just about got my Arsenal ticket. Started queuing at 8.30am and got one of the last tickets at 1.20pm!! relieved yes but with only 3 ticket operators and having to wait nearly 5 hours, think NC needs to invest in staff as well as players! Also £5 to park, still 3 points would make it all worthwhile m27
  • Score: 0

4:59pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...

billythesaint wrote:
Good to see Tadanari and his magical teleporting machine back! Hope he's still faster than the naked eye can detect and beaming himself round the pitch.
********************

********************


Do Prado has been nicked for drink driving so hopefully he'll be banged up until middle of May and we can start putting points on the board.
Don't take pleasure in the misfortune of others. (Skunts excepted of course!)
[quote][p][bold]billythesaint[/bold] wrote: Good to see Tadanari and his magical teleporting machine back! Hope he's still faster than the naked eye can detect and beaming himself round the pitch. ******************** ******************** Do Prado has been nicked for drink driving so hopefully he'll be banged up until middle of May and we can start putting points on the board.[/p][/quote]Don't take pleasure in the misfortune of others. (Skunts excepted of course!) Seedhouse the Unrepentant
  • Score: 0

5:17pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Dino-Saw-Us says...

An upset against Utd would be great, would probably get us a few more TV games throughout the season too, which would bring in plenty of £££
An upset against Utd would be great, would probably get us a few more TV games throughout the season too, which would bring in plenty of £££ Dino-Saw-Us
  • Score: 0

5:23pm Tue 28 Aug 12

long memory says...

Nice to read Guly Do Prado's account of what happened on Monday morning,not right what he done, but no doubt a more accurate account than the media's take.
Nice to read Guly Do Prado's account of what happened on Monday morning,not right what he done, but no doubt a more accurate account than the media's take. long memory
  • Score: 0

5:24pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Reality-man says...

HOYYYYYYY YAAAAAA!!!
HOYYYYYYY YAAAAAA!!! Reality-man
  • Score: 0

5:42pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Ray the Don says...

seventh-junction wrote:
billythesaint wrote:
seventh-junction wrote:
billythesaint wrote:
miltonarcher wrote:
worried of n e hampshire wrote:
arrythecrook wrote:
seventh-junction wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR
I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.
no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted!
Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace.
You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. "Get in early to avoid disappointment" is my advice. We should be allowed further tickets according to the rules so when the next batch comes on sale you might want to queue up earlier. It's like the 3000 that have tickets are all plastics and should hand over their tickets to the ones who went to Doncaster away when we were sh1t. Life doesn't work that way unfortunately.
I'm glad someone who knows the League rules about ticket allocations has answered my question from earlier.
So we will be getting another 3000 tickets then???I'd better set my alarm on the day they go on sale. You don't know when that will be as well do you? Or should I contact the club and get the answers from them?
COYR
The league rules are 10% for normal games and 15% for cup games. We're entitled to a lot more tickets and can request more. They will probably come in little batches and annoy the Arsenal fans as they gradually get sold but there you go.
The 10% allocation is what I thought was the normal percentage but there has not yet been any mention from Saints that they were going to apply for any more. I suppose it is early days and some news of further tickets may come out soon if they are available.
The problem is as you and I have already touched on is the demand from the Arsenal fans.
Thay have thousands of fans on the waiting list for season tickets alone so I'd be surprised if they were to give us anymore.
Saying that I can remember several games on MOTD or Sky in the past when it looked like a large away following at the Emirates far in excess of 3000. So who knows we may get lucky.
COYR
Hi Agree with al the above,

But come on NC is now treating us Saints fans the same way as the old git Rupert Lowe a money machine.

1. Parking @stadium
2. Ticket handling charge
3. No respect

What advantage has a season ticket holder got now?? Ive had mine since 1986!! this has been the worst to date over away tickets.

All the fans who desserted the Saints on relegation are now crawling out of the woodwork.

COYR`s 3 points in the bag v UTD
[quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billythesaint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billythesaint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]miltonarcher[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]worried of n e hampshire[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arrythecrook[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR[/p][/quote]I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.[/p][/quote]no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted![/p][/quote]Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace.[/p][/quote]You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. "Get in early to avoid disappointment" is my advice. We should be allowed further tickets according to the rules so when the next batch comes on sale you might want to queue up earlier. It's like the 3000 that have tickets are all plastics and should hand over their tickets to the ones who went to Doncaster away when we were sh1t. Life doesn't work that way unfortunately.[/p][/quote]I'm glad someone who knows the League rules about ticket allocations has answered my question from earlier. So we will be getting another 3000 tickets then???I'd better set my alarm on the day they go on sale. You don't know when that will be as well do you? Or should I contact the club and get the answers from them? COYR[/p][/quote]The league rules are 10% for normal games and 15% for cup games. We're entitled to a lot more tickets and can request more. They will probably come in little batches and annoy the Arsenal fans as they gradually get sold but there you go.[/p][/quote]The 10% allocation is what I thought was the normal percentage but there has not yet been any mention from Saints that they were going to apply for any more. I suppose it is early days and some news of further tickets may come out soon if they are available. The problem is as you and I have already touched on is the demand from the Arsenal fans. Thay have thousands of fans on the waiting list for season tickets alone so I'd be surprised if they were to give us anymore. Saying that I can remember several games on MOTD or Sky in the past when it looked like a large away following at the Emirates far in excess of 3000. So who knows we may get lucky. COYR[/p][/quote]Hi Agree with al the above, But come on NC is now treating us Saints fans the same way as the old git Rupert Lowe a money machine. 1. Parking @stadium 2. Ticket handling charge 3. No respect What advantage has a season ticket holder got now?? Ive had mine since 1986!! this has been the worst to date over away tickets. All the fans who desserted the Saints on relegation are now crawling out of the woodwork. COYR`s 3 points in the bag v UTD Ray the Don
  • Score: 0

5:44pm Tue 28 Aug 12

warrens 76 says...

We Frau und mich have aquired tickets for the Arse-an-all from ticket master in London much less aggo that SFC website..we are on the side but then she used to be my bit on the...ouch.
We Frau und mich have aquired tickets for the Arse-an-all from ticket master in London much less aggo that SFC website..we are on the side but then she used to be my bit on the...ouch. warrens 76
  • Score: 0

5:57pm Tue 28 Aug 12

boilerman says...

seventh-junction wrote:
billythesaint wrote:
seventh-junction wrote:
billythesaint wrote:
miltonarcher wrote:
worried of n e hampshire wrote:
arrythecrook wrote:
seventh-junction wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR
I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.
no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted!
Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace.
You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. "Get in early to avoid disappointment" is my advice. We should be allowed further tickets according to the rules so when the next batch comes on sale you might want to queue up earlier. It's like the 3000 that have tickets are all plastics and should hand over their tickets to the ones who went to Doncaster away when we were sh1t. Life doesn't work that way unfortunately.
I'm glad someone who knows the League rules about ticket allocations has answered my question from earlier.
So we will be getting another 3000 tickets then???I'd better set my alarm on the day they go on sale. You don't know when that will be as well do you? Or should I contact the club and get the answers from them?
COYR
The league rules are 10% for normal games and 15% for cup games. We're entitled to a lot more tickets and can request more. They will probably come in little batches and annoy the Arsenal fans as they gradually get sold but there you go.
The 10% allocation is what I thought was the normal percentage but there has not yet been any mention from Saints that they were going to apply for any more. I suppose it is early days and some news of further tickets may come out soon if they are available.
The problem is as you and I have already touched on is the demand from the Arsenal fans.
Thay have thousands of fans on the waiting list for season tickets alone so I'd be surprised if they were to give us anymore.
Saying that I can remember several games on MOTD or Sky in the past when it looked like a large away following at the Emirates far in excess of 3000. So who knows we may get lucky.
COYR
premiere league rules state a club can claim 3000 tickets from a stadium that holds more than 30,000, so I dont think we will be getting any more.

Also the online sales said sold out at 10.30 yet people still got tickets at the ground at 1.30pm, do you think saints realised they misread the situation and pulled the plug to stop an angry scene at st mary's, just a thought.
[quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billythesaint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billythesaint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]miltonarcher[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]worried of n e hampshire[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]arrythecrook[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]seventh-junction[/bold] wrote: I thought ticket allocations were based on 10% of the away sides capacity. My calculations make that more like 6,000 for Arsenal and not under 3000. We have given 10% away at St Marys many times which is 3000 plus. If we've sold out already shouldn't we get more?? or is it because Arsenal themselves have a high demand from thir own fans?? B@mmer!!....COYR[/p][/quote]I agree. In the recent past I got tickets for Hartlepool,Southend, Yeovil etc.but could not get a ticket in a 60,000 stadium. Really pi$$ed off.[/p][/quote]no loyalty shown to the season ticket holders who traveled away last season but could not manage a sunday in manchester for what ever reason, all the history thrown away from previous seasons, got every away game I applied for out of the prem now first one I apply for this season sold out - gutted![/p][/quote]Agree, all of my purchase history, including Div 1 and the Championship gone. Now the plastics are back they get the same opportunities as fans who continued to support the club in Div 1. Disgrace.[/p][/quote]You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. "Get in early to avoid disappointment" is my advice. We should be allowed further tickets according to the rules so when the next batch comes on sale you might want to queue up earlier. It's like the 3000 that have tickets are all plastics and should hand over their tickets to the ones who went to Doncaster away when we were sh1t. Life doesn't work that way unfortunately.[/p][/quote]I'm glad someone who knows the League rules about ticket allocations has answered my question from earlier. So we will be getting another 3000 tickets then???I'd better set my alarm on the day they go on sale. You don't know when that will be as well do you? Or should I contact the club and get the answers from them? COYR[/p][/quote]The league rules are 10% for normal games and 15% for cup games. We're entitled to a lot more tickets and can request more. They will probably come in little batches and annoy the Arsenal fans as they gradually get sold but there you go.[/p][/quote]The 10% allocation is what I thought was the normal percentage but there has not yet been any mention from Saints that they were going to apply for any more. I suppose it is early days and some news of further tickets may come out soon if they are available. The problem is as you and I have already touched on is the demand from the Arsenal fans. Thay have thousands of fans on the waiting list for season tickets alone so I'd be surprised if they were to give us anymore. Saying that I can remember several games on MOTD or Sky in the past when it looked like a large away following at the Emirates far in excess of 3000. So who knows we may get lucky. COYR[/p][/quote]premiere league rules state a club can claim 3000 tickets from a stadium that holds more than 30,000, so I dont think we will be getting any more. Also the online sales said sold out at 10.30 yet people still got tickets at the ground at 1.30pm, do you think saints realised they misread the situation and pulled the plug to stop an angry scene at st mary's, just a thought. boilerman
  • Score: 0

6:04pm Tue 28 Aug 12

warrens 76 says...

Buy the tickets in London go to any ticket website..easy.
Buy the tickets in London go to any ticket website..easy. warrens 76
  • Score: 0

6:15pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Fatty x Ford Worker says...

Play that jap on the wing.
Play that jap on the wing. Fatty x Ford Worker
  • Score: 0

6:33pm Tue 28 Aug 12

worried of n e hampshire says...

Fatty x Ford Worker wrote:
Play that jap on the wing.
you really are a knob aren't you
[quote][p][bold]Fatty x Ford Worker[/bold] wrote: Play that jap on the wing.[/p][/quote]you really are a knob aren't you worried of n e hampshire
  • Score: 0

6:39pm Tue 28 Aug 12

boilerman says...

The club site says no more tickets for Arsenal.
The club site says no more tickets for Arsenal. boilerman
  • Score: 0

6:49pm Tue 28 Aug 12

warrens 76 says...

boilerman wrote:
The club site says no more tickets for Arsenal.
One more go...go to ticket sites in London. FFS..
[quote][p][bold]boilerman[/bold] wrote: The club site says no more tickets for Arsenal.[/p][/quote]One more go...go to ticket sites in London. FFS.. warrens 76
  • Score: 0

6:50pm Tue 28 Aug 12

warrens 76 says...

St.Yorkie wrote:
Interesting they aren't allowing comments on the Guly DD story. I guess they don't want to influence the case by the vitriol expressed on this site by some!
I do not condone DD and agree a professional footballer should be using a taxi if out and about socialising. However that something will be resolved - just like with Barnard last season.
Back to tonights game - I would expect nothing less than a resounding win by players hungry for a taste of The Premier League. I would consider it a failure for the squad if it was nothing less than 6-0. So no pressure there then!
As for Mr Lee - I think he will feature more in our first 11 towards the end of games. The only problem I have with him is his runs are too fast! Our players never seem to pass quickly enough - and the linesman flag is up quicker than that because he leaves everyone dead in their tracks.
However I 'd love to see him have a go at United's current back four...even for the last 10-mins! Him and Billy Sharp could just be the difference we need in the last 15-mins!
Aft€r our defence has left us 4.0 down!
[quote][p][bold]St.Yorkie[/bold] wrote: Interesting they aren't allowing comments on the Guly DD story. I guess they don't want to influence the case by the vitriol expressed on this site by some! I do not condone DD and agree a professional footballer should be using a taxi if out and about socialising. However that something will be resolved - just like with Barnard last season. Back to tonights game - I would expect nothing less than a resounding win by players hungry for a taste of The Premier League. I would consider it a failure for the squad if it was nothing less than 6-0. So no pressure there then! As for Mr Lee - I think he will feature more in our first 11 towards the end of games. The only problem I have with him is his runs are too fast! Our players never seem to pass quickly enough - and the linesman flag is up quicker than that because he leaves everyone dead in their tracks. However I 'd love to see him have a go at United's current back four...even for the last 10-mins! Him and Billy Sharp could just be the difference we need in the last 15-mins![/p][/quote]Aft€r our defence has left us 4.0 down! warrens 76
  • Score: 0

6:55pm Tue 28 Aug 12

saintshorse101 says...

glad to see lee back and hope he can continue to play well after what was a promising start at the end of last season.

i wish sasints would just get on with it and sign some new players as i cant take the wait and the not knowing, i`ve lost count of how many times i have hit the refresh button on here and on the OS let alone watching sky sports news.
glad to see lee back and hope he can continue to play well after what was a promising start at the end of last season. i wish sasints would just get on with it and sign some new players as i cant take the wait and the not knowing, i`ve lost count of how many times i have hit the refresh button on here and on the OS let alone watching sky sports news. saintshorse101
  • Score: 0

7:14pm Tue 28 Aug 12

sledgerite says...

i think the club could have easily given priority to season ticket holders who went to all last years away games by giving them loyalty points from the start,it would have rwarded those fans that trekked to blackpool,hull ect,but the truth is they dont have to work at selling the tickets now that we have a load of NEW fans that have appeared,trouble is te club dont give a toss who has them.Wonder how any of our new fans will disappear if god forbid we are relegated,saints would be advised to keep that in mind
i think the club could have easily given priority to season ticket holders who went to all last years away games by giving them loyalty points from the start,it would have rwarded those fans that trekked to blackpool,hull ect,but the truth is they dont have to work at selling the tickets now that we have a load of NEW fans that have appeared,trouble is te club dont give a toss who has them.Wonder how any of our new fans will disappear if god forbid we are relegated,saints would be advised to keep that in mind sledgerite
  • Score: 0

7:52pm Tue 28 Aug 12

saintshorse101 says...

sledgerite wrote:
i think the club could have easily given priority to season ticket holders who went to all last years away games by giving them loyalty points from the start,it would have rwarded those fans that trekked to blackpool,hull ect,but the truth is they dont have to work at selling the tickets now that we have a load of NEW fans that have appeared,trouble is te club dont give a toss who has them.Wonder how any of our new fans will disappear if god forbid we are relegated,saints would be advised to keep that in mind
the more fans we have the more money the club makes. every club gains supporters the higher up the leagues they go. even the fishys nearly sold out some games whilst they conned and fiddled their way into the prem. they had 200,000+ at sothsea to see the cup they havent yet paid for.
i know it can be frustrating if you cant get tickets the way you have before but they have to do it some way and after spending money on a new system this is the way they decided. i think they problem may be that the allocation from the arse is too low. i think the prem need to re-look at how many tickets these `big clubs` allocate to away teams and set the minimum required higher, then if they are not sold the club could sell them to home fans.
please dont moan at our fans what you might find is that not every fan went to every game last season but now they want to, not all `plastics`. moan to the prem league and get them to up the allocations.
COYR`S
[quote][p][bold]sledgerite[/bold] wrote: i think the club could have easily given priority to season ticket holders who went to all last years away games by giving them loyalty points from the start,it would have rwarded those fans that trekked to blackpool,hull ect,but the truth is they dont have to work at selling the tickets now that we have a load of NEW fans that have appeared,trouble is te club dont give a toss who has them.Wonder how any of our new fans will disappear if god forbid we are relegated,saints would be advised to keep that in mind[/p][/quote]the more fans we have the more money the club makes. every club gains supporters the higher up the leagues they go. even the fishys nearly sold out some games whilst they conned and fiddled their way into the prem. they had 200,000+ at sothsea to see the cup they havent yet paid for. i know it can be frustrating if you cant get tickets the way you have before but they have to do it some way and after spending money on a new system this is the way they decided. i think they problem may be that the allocation from the arse is too low. i think the prem need to re-look at how many tickets these `big clubs` allocate to away teams and set the minimum required higher, then if they are not sold the club could sell them to home fans. please dont moan at our fans what you might find is that not every fan went to every game last season but now they want to, not all `plastics`. moan to the prem league and get them to up the allocations. COYR`S saintshorse101
  • Score: 0

10:05pm Tue 28 Aug 12

sledgerite says...

you make lot of sense in what you say but it would have be easy to reward the regular away supporters last year with extra loyalty points
you make lot of sense in what you say but it would have be easy to reward the regular away supporters last year with extra loyalty points sledgerite
  • Score: 0

10:20pm Tue 28 Aug 12

Bassett Boy says...

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
billythesaint wrote:
Good to see Tadanari and his magical teleporting machine back! Hope he's still faster than the naked eye can detect and beaming himself round the pitch.
********************


********************



Do Prado has been nicked for drink driving so hopefully he'll be banged up until middle of May and we can start putting points on the board.
Don't take pleasure in the misfortune of others. (Skunts excepted of course!)
Getting caught for drink-driving is hardly a 'misfortune', it's a disgrace!
Be interesting to see how the club positions itself.
Priding itself on being a community club, whilst one of it's empoyees is showing nothing short of contempt for the community
[quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]billythesaint[/bold] wrote: Good to see Tadanari and his magical teleporting machine back! Hope he's still faster than the naked eye can detect and beaming himself round the pitch. ******************** ******************** Do Prado has been nicked for drink driving so hopefully he'll be banged up until middle of May and we can start putting points on the board.[/p][/quote]Don't take pleasure in the misfortune of others. (Skunts excepted of course!)[/p][/quote]Getting caught for drink-driving is hardly a 'misfortune', it's a disgrace! Be interesting to see how the club positions itself. Priding itself on being a community club, whilst one of it's empoyees is showing nothing short of contempt for the community Bassett Boy
  • Score: 0

1:56am Wed 29 Aug 12

OSPREYSAINT says...

Drink driving is a disgrace, not getting caught and still doing it is a lot worse. For now I chose not to be judgemental as I am not in possession of the facts, and even if I did I would still seek mitigating circumstances, if there are any. However, as far as the Club is concerned, I will trust them to do whatever they think is justified and will back their judgement whatever it is.
Drink driving is a disgrace, not getting caught and still doing it is a lot worse. For now I chose not to be judgemental as I am not in possession of the facts, and even if I did I would still seek mitigating circumstances, if there are any. However, as far as the Club is concerned, I will trust them to do whatever they think is justified and will back their judgement whatever it is. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree