When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Spandau were something special
Their smiles said it all.
Unexpectedly, I have no shame in admitting that Spandau Ballet has been my Isle of Wight festival highlight so far.
The Ballet gang totally lapped up the crowd who in turn loved their nostalgic set.
Tony Hadley certainly wins the prize for the best dressed front man so far, in a charcoal grey suit and blue tie – despite the sweltering 25C temperatures.
The boys could not contain their smiles as they belted out their hits from the 80s, with a spine-tingling performance of Through The Barricades and crowd favourite True.
Dispensing with the formalities of an encore the band then delivered a festival-pleasing rendition of Gold.
The song was mostly sung to a festival-goer who was being held aloft by his friends, dressed head to toe in Gold Lycra.
Thanking the crowd the Spandau Ballet boys took a united bow to the biggest cheer of the day so far.
In this section
- Macca set to perform Hendrix tribute?
- P!nk steals the show with bungee stunt
- P!nk's going to take over IOW
- McCartney flies in
- Something special in the offing
- Bleary eyes ahead of final day
- Music from all angles
- Reggae Twist to Celebrate Island Life
- Gearing up for the football
- Juliette getting her game on