Notice Is given In accordance with Section 19(3) of the Education and Inspections Act 2006Notice ID: BOU1194898
Notice is given in accordance with section 19(3) of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 that:
The Governing Bodies of Bitterne Manor Primary School, Bitterne Park School, Moorlands Primary School, Redbridge Community School, St Denys Primary School, Townhill Junior School and Woodlands Community College, which are Community schools located at:
Bitterne Manor Primary School Quayside Road, Southampton, SO18 1DP
Bitterne Park School Dimond Road, Southampton, SO18 1BU
Moorlands Primary School Kesteven Way, Southampton, SO18 5RJ
Redbridge Community School Cuckmere Lane, Southampton, SO16 9RJ
St Denys Primary School Dundee Road, Southampton, SO17 2ND
Townhill Junior School Benhams Road, Southampton, SO18 2NX
Woodlands Community College Minstead Avenue, Southampton, SO18 5FX
The proposed alteration is to:
• Change school category from Community to Foundation and;
• Together with one or more of the proposed partners to acquire a Trust, established otherwise that under the School Standards and Framework Act 1998.
• The proposed name of the Foundation will be The Reach Cooperative Trust and the proposed implementation date is 1st September 2019.
The Reach Cooperative Trust does not already act as a Foundation for any School.
The partner in the proposed Trust is:
• Southampton City Council
• Cooperative Schools Network (CSNet)
In addition, learners at each of the schools, parents, staff, members of the local community and local community organisations will be able to become members of the Trust. The Trust will have a Stakeholder Forum composed of members, which will be able to appoint 2 of the Trust’s trustees. As the Trust develops the Trust will welcome other schools and partners joining the Trust.
The rationale for acquiring the Trust, the contribution it will make, and the direction it will provide to the schools can be summarised as follows:
The Trust will support the school in seeking to:
• Develop outstanding learning and develop an outstanding quality of education for all our pupils and staff.
• Increase the level of aspiration and opportunities for our community.
• Realise the potential of all our young people in our community in academic, vocational and social learning.
• Ensure excellent longer term employment prospects for our learners through a robust focus on future opportunities.
• Provide an innovative curriculum across all phases with enrichment opportunities to develop the pupil’s knowledge and understanding of the world, raise self-esteem and promote well-being so each young person is both prepared academically and socially and have the vocational skills to succeed in the next phase of education or in the workplace.
• Improve transition for our learners across each Key Stage.
• Develop our education partnership to include our parents and the wider community,
• Develop partnerships with preschools, nurseries, colleges, universities, employers and apprenticeship providers.
• As a Co-operative Education trust, we will adopt and support the values and principles of the co-operative movement in our work.
This notice is an extract from the complete proposal. Copies of the full proposals can be found on the school websites or obtained from the schools Governing Bodies at the addresses above.
Within four weeks from the date of publication of this proposal any person may object to or make comments on the proposals by sending them by email to email@example.com or in writing to the Governing Body of the appropriate school (address above).
Ms S Brakewell Chair of Governors Bitterne Manor Primary School
Mr M Bishop Chair of Governors Bitterne Park School
Mrs J Geen & Mrs L Rankin Co-Chair of Governors Moorlands Primary School
Mr D Whalley Chair of Governors Redbridge Community School
Mr C Smith Chair of Governors St Denys Primary School
Mr M Bishop Chair of Governors Townhill Junior School
Mr O Bligdon Chair of Governors Woodlands Community College
Date of publication: 5th June 2019