By Harry Pamely

A MAN was rushed to hospital after a large caravan fire in Hampshire.

Fire crews were called to Fair Oak Way in Baughurst yesterday at 3:20pm after receiving several calls about a large plume of black smoke.

Around 20 firefighters from stations in Basingstoke, Rushmoor, and Tadley attended the scene to find the fire had spread from the caravan to two houses. The firefighters used jets and hoses to put out the fire, finishing at around 5:30pm.

The fire also damaged three sheds, and there were four propane cylinders near to the caravan that were damaged.

A man suffered burns to his forehead and from smoke inhalation, and was taken to hospital by South Central Ambulance Service.

Grateful residents brought the firefighters a bag full of cold drinks to keep them cool, with Tadley Fire Station on Twitter (@Tadley12) tweeting: “As a final note to the earlier incident, a big thanks to neighbours who bought out a shopping bag full of cold drinks for the crews.

"Great to see that the community spirit hasn't been lost. #everyoneneedsacolddrink”