Night of celebration at Eastleigh Sports Award night
IT WAS a night of celebration in Eastleigh as the sporting achievement of borough residents were recognised.
The ballroom at the Hilton Hotel at the Ageas Bowl was packed on Thursday when local residents and authorities celebrated the Eastleigh Sports Awards 2017.
The ceremony was organised by Eastleigh’s Sport and Physical Activity Alliance (SPAA)
The winners are:
- Volunteer of the year - Mark Newman and Michelle Cross, for their contribution to their sports
- Team of the Year - Stephanie Ricketts and Toula Raftapoulo, for their excellence in acrobatic gymnastics
- Junior Sportsperson - Serena Vincent
- Disability Sportsperson - Mark Ridley, for his performance and personal success
- Senior Sportsperson - Harry Ellis
- Sports Club of the Year - Lakeside Weightlifting
- Coach of the Year - Ben Vass, for his contribution to football
- Official of the Year - Kathryn Carver, for her contribution this past year
- Project of the Year - Places Leisure Eastleigh Mum and Baby Programme
- Outstanding Personal Achievement - Keith Diaper, for his courage and dedication this past year
- Service to Sport (2 winners) - Reg Wilkinson and Paul Kirkpatrick, for l
service and incredible contribution to sport.