AN ASSAULT victim has called for more CCTV to be installed in Southampton’s parks, after two others were raped within two days of each other.

As previously reported, a 19-year-old woman was raped in Weston Shore play park in the early hours of Wednesday, while a 26-year-old woman was raped in Hoglands Park the day before.

While the attacks are not thought to be linked, they have prompted another victim to come forward urging civic chiefs to take action.

A male student, who does not want to be named, said he was physically assaulted when a young man attacked him and demanded him money last April.

He said this week: “I only had £10 and I gave it to him and he then said ‘start running before I do something to you’.

“He threatened me. It was shocking.”

The student said he reported the incident to the police but the attacker has never been caught.

“I then called the council to ask for the CCTV footage. They said there was no CCTV in the park but only around the park, which is stupid.

“What happened this week is horrible and the council has to do something.”

A spokesman for Southampton City Council said: “Southampton City Council is committed to the safety of our residents and those who use and enjoy the city’s open spaces and areas – we continue to work closely with the police to ensure that these spaces can be kept as safe as possible, which is the most effective use of time and resource.

“We urge anyone to report any concerns or incidents to the police who can manage these reports accordingly and most effectively.”

Police are still investigating the circumstances of the incidents that occurred in Hoglands Park on Monday evening and in the play area off Weston Shore in the early hours of Wednesday.

But while they said they are still hunting for the man who raped a 26-year-old near the skate ramps at Hoglands Park, they are not investigating the report of a rape in Weston as a random attack.

The Hoglands Park suspect is described as Asian or black, in his late 30s and of skinny build. Anyone with information is urged to call 101.

There had been no arrested by Sunday evening.