A FORLORN lover bombarded her ex with unwanted nude pictures to try and convince him not to leave.

“Obsessed” Cherelle Eweka sent hundreds of messages and photos to Paul Airey, including one of herself with a belt around her neck and a caption saying she was going to kill herself.

Following the breakdown of their two-and-a-half-week relationship, the 26-year-old set up an array of fake profile accounts, on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.

Under fake names, she would contact Mr Airey’s friends, family and old girlfriends, leaving threatening messages urging Mr Airey to contact her.

Mr Airey’s businesses were also targeted by Eweka, who would post messages on social media accounts about him.

In one distressing incident, prosecutor Natalie Angel told Southampton Magistrates’ Court Eweka, who works across as a health care assistant, sent a message which said: “I will try to kill myself.”

Attached was a picture a belt around Eweka’s neck and comments describing herself as “hurting” and in “pain”.

Eweka and Mr Airey matched on dating application Tinder in mid-December.

But by New Year’s Day he decided to end the relationship because Eweka had become controlling and would not allow Mr Airey to have any female friends’ numbers saved on his phone.

During the next month-and-a-half, and despite numerous requests from Mr Airey and the police to stop contacting him, Eweka continued to harass her ex with a variety of insulting and self-critical messages.

Miss Angel said Eweka also sent nude pictures of herself to Mr Airey.

She even contacted Mr Airey’s ex-girlfriend, who he still had a good friendship with, saying he never loved her.

In a victim statement read to the court, Mr Airey, who runs a property letting firm and an Air B’n’B service, said he had lost business as a result of having to shut down Facebook accounts to linked with his companies.

He added: “This has caused me stress and anxiety. I have difficulty breathing and sleeping...it’s been difficult on my family and friends who have been contacted by her.”

Eve Shelley, mitigating, explained when Eweka met Mr Airey she was in a “vulnerable” position and “couldn’t understand why the relationship had suddenly ended”.

She said: “She tried to contact him and see why the relationship finished. They had spent 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week with each other and it just stopped.

“Although she has not been diagnosed with any mental health conditions, at the time her mental health was in a bad place.”

As a result of her conviction, Eweka, who pleaded guilty to harassment, has lost her job.

Eweka, of Canute Road, Southampton, was given a 12-month conditional discharge. She was ordered to pay £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge.

A two-year restraining order was made to prevent Eweka contacting the victim.