A GRANDFATHER from Bursledon died of an accidental overdose.

Michael Pearson died after taking an overdose of prescription medication. His daughter, Samantha Yeandle said that she found her father in a confused state when she went to his home in Woodlands Way.

Ms Yeandle called an ambulance and the 48-year-old was taken to Southampton General Hospital, but he died due to heart failure.

A toxicology report revealed Mr Pearson had potentially fatal levels of medication – prescribed to him for anxiety – in his blood.

Assistant coroner Samantha Marsh said she believed Mr Pearson’s overdose had been accidental due to his confused state and he had simply taken too much. She concluded the death was drug-related.