MYSTERY surrounds the death of a mental health worker who was found dead in her home.

Mother Jennifer Fisher was found dead at the Chandler’s Ford property by a neighbour after overdosing on prescription medication, an inquest heard.

However, the coroner was unable to find out why Ms Fisher had overdosed, except that he didn’t believe it was deliberate.

Winchester Coroner’s Court heard the 43-year-old, of Morley Gardens, was discovered late in the afternoon of May 29 after neighbour and friend Trina Jacobs spotted her front door had been left open for a number of hours.

Ms Jacobs, who said she had known Ms Fisher for more than seven years, went into the house to see if Ms Fisher was alright, but discovered she had died.

She told the inquest her key was on the driveway and her purse had been left on the floor by the door, but “that wasn’t particularly unusual”.

However, she said: “I instantly got a feeling things weren’t right.”

While giving evidence, Ms Jacobs described her as “just a lovely friend and a lovely mother”.

Another friend, Daniel Fricker, added that she was a “very loving person, always moving at 100mph”.

The inquest heard Ms Fisher had been taking medication for her long-term anxiety and depression, as well as strong painkillers following an accident on the roads.

It also heard she had been ill for a number of days before her death, and it is thought this might have been why she took extra medication.

PC David Hollands said: “It’s the opinion of the police that is was not done deliberately.”

Pathologist Dr Balvinder Shoker said toxicology results showed she had no alcohol in her body when she died, but she did have levels of her medication in her body that “could be associated with fatality”, and added he believed the cause of death was due to drug toxicity.

Recording a conclusion of drugs-related death, senior coroner Grahame Short said: “I believe she had taken an overdose of prescribed medication.

“I think, on the balance of probabilities, she took [the medication] because of the pain she was continuing to suffer.

“The amounts she took, we cannot be certain of... There’s no evidence of a deliberate overdose.”

Mr Short added he could not determine at what time Ms Fisher had died, but he added text messages sent to Ms Fisher’s mother showed she was alive on the morning of May 29.