TWO brothers have been found guilty of murdering a man in a 'frenzied attack' last summer.

Charlie and Sidney Cooper were found guilty at Winchester Crown Court this afternoon after nearly three days of deliberations by the jury.

The pair were both found guilty of murder by a majority of 10-2. Neither were in court to hear the verdicts today as both are ill.

It comes after 26-year-old dad Courtney Jones died at Southampton General Hospital on August 25 as a result of the attack in Salisbury Road, Totton that evening.

Winchester Crown Court was told during the three-week trial brothers Sidney, 26 and of no fixed abode, and Charlie, 19, of Ashby Road, Totton, carried out that attack, before Sidney stabbed him in the side with a kitchen knife “at least twice”.

Prosecutor Adam Feest QC told the court Mr Jones, of Deerlands Avenue, Sheffield had been visiting his friend Bethany Fee at the address in Salisbury Road, while the Cooper brothers were in another nearby home.

He said sometime after 7pm the pair had been trying to get into Ms Fee’s home, but when Mr Jones came out to confront them, he was attacked.

Charlie denied that, saying he was standing in a shared driveway when Mr Jones, a known drug-dealer, came out with a knife at attacked him.

However, Mr Feest described the attack on Mr Jones as “frenzied”, adding he was punched, stamped on and hit with a brick.

During the trial members of the jury were played an extract of Ms Fee’s 999 call, in which she can be heard screaming down the phone while Mr Jones was dying outside her home.

In the call, Ms Fee also identified both of the brothers as the attackers.

Turning to the motive, Mr Feest said during the trial: “It may well be illegal drugs played its part.” The court had heard one of the defendants had told a witness: “I had to do him, he was selling drugs to my 14-year-old daughter."

Both brothers denied murdering Mr Jones after being arrested, saying they they were acting in self-defence. During the trial, Charlie also denied stamping and smashing a brick into Mr Jones’ face, as well as saying “I told you not to **** around with us”.

Sidney added: "Timmy (a nickname for Mr Jones) was trying to grab the knife off me. I was scared that if he got the knife he would use it on me.

"I must have inflicted the wounds at that time. I didn't intend to kill him. I didn't intend to cause Timmy any harm at all.

"I was in a panic at that stage. I realised what I had done."

The pair will be sentenced at Winchester Crown Court on Monday, where they face life imprisonment.