Emergency services were called to a fire at a vacant property in Avenue Road early this morning.

The fire was in a two-story domestic property made up of five flats and is reported to have involved a mattress on the first floor.

Fire and rescue services received the call at 5.16am.

Police, fire and ambulance teams all attended the incident which is currently under investigation.

A hazardous area response team and an ambulance officer were on the scene but no one was treated for injuries or smoke inhalation.