THEY recently celebrated the 60th anniversary of their school with a family fun afternoon and we mark the occasion by taking a look at pictures through the years.

The current Ringwood School sprang to life on February 12, 1959, when students and teachers from the Hightown Road School site, along with those in temporary buildings on Manor Road, moved into the site.

Ex-staff member Roy Walker reported there was "great excitement in the town, as this was the culmination of years of plans, hopes and dreams."

Moving in was a whole community affair with a local transportation company and reports of students walking up The Quomp with piles of books in their arms.

At this time the School catered for about 600 students, the school now welcomes an additional 1,000 students in through its doors every morning.

Check out the gallery above to see hundreds of pictures of the school through the years