A BURGLAR who was part of gang who ram-raided three Hampshire stores in under 30 minutes had been jailed.

Serial criminal Odin Osman drove a stolen Nissan into the front of two convenience stores and a hair salon.

He and three other men, all wearing hoods or masks, ran into one Co-op store and stole more than £8,000 of cigarettes.

The gang also stole cash and an iPhone from the hair salon.

But Osman, the only one of the gang to be arrested, was caught after his fur hood slipped down in one of the raids, revealing his face to CCTV.

Now the 21-year-old, from Southampton, has been jailed for 20 months for his part in the raids.

Daily Echo:

He was also given an added 12 month sentence after admitting throwing a mixture of urine and chilli peppers over three prison guards while in jail for another offence.

Southampton Crown Court heard how the ram raids took place in the early hours of June 19.

Prosecutor Tim Compton said how a Nissan Qashqai, stolen from a burglary in Swanwick days earlier, was seen to smash into the front of the Co-Op in Spring Road, Sholing, at around 4am.

Nothing was stolen from the shop.

Around 10 minutes later the same vehicle smashed into the front of La Ora in St Lukes Close, Hedge End.

Mr Compton said cash and an iPhone were stolen.

The court heard the Qashqai was then seen to smash into the Co-op in Station Road, Netley, at around 4.30am.

Mr Compton said the group stole £8,000 of cigarettes, damaged around £3,000 worth of alcohol and caused structural damage thought to be in the “tens of thousands of pounds”.

He added that the shop was closed for a number of days after the raid, with the shop estimated to have lost around £32,000 in earnings as a result.

Daily Echo:

The Qashqai was later found burnt out in Swanwick.

Osman, who committed his first burglary aged 11 and now has more than 40 convictions to his name, was arrested after he was seen by officers in a Volkswagen Golf, which had recently been stolen in a burglary.

The court also heard how Osman, of Fritham Gardens, Southampton, had thrown a bucket of urine and chilli on three prison guards, a practice known as potting, during an incident in HMP Portland in February.

The guards were taken to hospital after feeling a burning sensation in their eyes.

In mitigation, Susan Ridge said Osman’s future was “bleak”, but said it was hoped that he would get help with potential mental health issues, including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and anxiety.

She added that Osman had debts, was encouraged to take part in the raids and made no financial gain.

In sentencing Osman, of Fritham Gardens, Southampton, Judge Peter Henry said: “No doubt that Nissan was someone’s prized possession and you used it to deliberately into these buildings in order to burgle them.

“Having done that you set fire to it, which shows this enterprise was carefully planted and executed.”

Osman, who pleaded guilty to one count of attempted burglary, two counts of burglary, two counts of taking a vehicle without consent, two counts of driving while disqualified and driving without insurance, was jailed for a total of 32 months.

He was also banned from driving for three years, from his release date.