ONCE based in Winn Road, Southampton, the Gregg School have occupied their current home of Townhill Park House since 1994.

The building itself dates back to around 1790 and was the former home of Lord and Lady Swaythling.

The house played an important role during the Second World War as it became a convalescent home for British and American soldiers.

Between 1948 and 1969 it was used as an education centre for underprivileged children and from 1969 to 1984 it was utilised for training marine cadets.

These pictures show some of the pupils 20 years ago in March 2000.