FIRE crews rushed to a Southampton flat following reports of a blaze.

Crews from St Mary’s, Hightown and Eastleigh Fire Stations raced to a ground-floor flat in Church Road.

A neighbour reported seeing smoke billowing from an oven at around 8.39pm on Tuesday.

A man was treated by paramedics at the scene.

According to Hampshire Fire and Rescue Services, the alarm had been set off by fumes from an overheated oven.

Ventilation equipment was used to clear the flat of smoke and the stop message came in at 21.20pm.