A PROLIFIC criminal has been jailed for three-and-a-half years following two recent burglaries which left his victims unable to sleep, a court heard.

Craig Fisher has 55 convictions to 112 offences.

The 33-year appeared before Southampton Crown Court via video link last Friday facing eight new counts - a mix of burglaries and fraud.

On March 8 the heroin addict and father of four snuck into a staff room at Tesco in Romsey Road, Southampton.

He stole a bag from a locker - in it were car keys, a purse, bank cards and cash.

Later in the day, CCTV showed Fisher going into another Tesco in Bitterne to buy cigarettes and scratch cards.

A victim statement read out in court said how the owner of the bag was left shaken, traumatised and struggling to sleep.

Furthermore, she was "really frightened of the man coming back into the store".

During another burglary, a mother was helping her son move from his bungalow in Paignton Road on May 18.

She placed her handbag which contained her bank cards and £190 cash in the kitchen.

Fisher and two other "drug addicts" were walking by at the time.

While the mother and son were packing and cleaning Fisher walked through an open side door.

He "remained inside for a short time as he was aware his victim was present".

CCTV footage showed him holding a black handbag searching through the purse and removing cash and cards.

He returned the bag to the kitchen.

The elderly victim's card was used on several occasions including twice at the Wimpson Store in Wimpson Lane.

A victim statement said: "I felt sick. This really upset me. I have already started changing my routine. I have difficulty sleeping because of what happened."

Fisher was later arrested and gave a no comment interview.

In mitigation it was said he suffered from ADHD as a child, however, was not labelled until later.

He got into a crowd of other poorly behaved youngsters and "battled for many years" a heroin addiction, the court heard.

For his latest crimes, Fisher breached a 12-month sentence suspended for 18-months which he received on February 11 this year.

He also breached a 26-week sentence suspended for two years which he received on August 15 2018 - a sentence he received for burglary.

Judge Henry jailed him for 3.5-years. He will be released under supervision.